New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Wreckage

Kazuo closes his eyes and rubs under them.

"It weight three tones, counting the weapons inside."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

[Wreckage]

"Really? Wow, that's much. I never would've guessed!"

Nasumi's voice is coming from behind Kazuo. If he opens his eyes, he might notice Nasumi's conspicuously missing from Shishimaru's side.

While Kazuo was too busy amazed by her apparent stupidity, the large young woman cheerfully skipped past him and, with her face becoming the image of utter, single-minded concentration (a red image, at that), yanked the twisted and smoking chassis of the REAPER out of the wall it was stuck into.

She's now holding the whole thing above her head with two hands, panting and sweating slightly, but still looking like she's ready to carry the wrecked machine all the way to Zaraki district if need be. By all means, it looks like it should overbalance and fall apart around her ears, but there's a fairly obvious answer to that paradox - massive amount of power is surging out of her body, her spiritual pressure supporting what mere flesh could not.

"Um... so where do I put this?", she asks, beaming.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Wreckage

And then battery acid leaks all over her hands.

Kazuo just looks up slightly before going back to his facepalming.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-12-13 at 10:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

[Wreckage]

"Ow ow OW! What is that?", Nasumi complains as the first drops hit her skin. The copter shakes omniously, and for a while Kazuo and Shishimaru get the feeling they should run out of the way before the girl drops it on them. "A little help here, guys? No? Okay then - hmmm...."

Nasumi bites her lip and closes her eyes, focusing. There's a slight gust of wind as part of her Reiatsu is transformed into a light green glow surrrounding her hands - it's a rudimentary Qi technique, meant for mending surface wounds. Now it's working to fix the burns in her hands, as well as closing the fracture in the copter's bulk to prevent more acid from leaking on her for the moment.

" *pant* *pant* ... okay, I'm ready now! Lead the way!", Nasumi chimes. "Lead the way, Kazuo-taichou! We want to get this to a safe place before it explodes or something, right?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-12-13 at 11:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Halfling in the Playground

Yuuki is standing before Suzume in an instant, his hand around his sword. If you're asking for a fight, then I'll let you know, I don't feel like fighting a good-for-nothing brat. But if you insist on escaping, then you will leave me no choice. Let's hear your final answer.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yuuki is standing before Suzume in an instant, his hand around his sword. If you're asking for a fight, then I'll let you know, I don't feel like fighting a good-for-nothing brat. But if you insist on escaping, then you will leave me no choice. Let's hear your final answer.
    Suzume drops and slides toward Yuuki, hoping to knock him over as she chants Kyokko out. By the time she reaches where Yuuki is now, she's invisible.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Wreckage

"I had perfectly capable minions with nothing better to do with their time than carry this thing back to 12th division. But instead, a capable soldier of the gotei 13 goes out of her way to help me, instead of rushing to the defense of the seireitei."

Kazuo sounds bemused.

"Follow me to the 12th division ground, we will drop that there, where the artificials will pick it up because you are not going to be allowed into our headquarters."

Doctor Octopus Kazuo begins to long stride across the seireitei, back to the distant, distant, 12th division.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Kagome shakes her head.

"N... No. I don't know."
    Daisuke sighed inwardly, knowing that sighing outwardly might only distress the girl more. Or at least he thought so. "Okay, Kagome-san. Let's go try to find Feiyan-neesan before we do anything else, I don't trust this. And keep your sword out; I don't think that this is over yet. Something is wrong here." Daisuke walks past Kagome into the hallway, his tails twitching nervously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Wreckage]

"Ow ow OW! What is that?", Nasumi complains as the first drops hit her skin. The copter shakes omniously, and for a while Kazuo and Shishimaru get the feeling they should run out of the way before the girl drops it on them. "A little help here, guys? No? Okay then - hmmm...."

Nasumi bites her lip and closes her eyes, focusing. There's a slight gust of wind as part of her Reiatsu is transformed into a light green glow surrrounding her hands - it's a rudimentary Qi technique, meant for mending surface wounds. Now it's working to fix the burns in her hands, as well as closing the fracture in the copter's bulk to prevent more acid from leaking on her for the moment.

" *pant* *pant* ... okay, I'm ready now! Lead the way!", Nasumi chimes. "Lead the way, Kazuo-taichou! We want to get this to a safe place before it explodes or something, right?"
    Wreckage

"I had perfectly capable minions with nothing better to do with their time than carry this thing back to 12th division. But instead, a capable soldier of the gotei 13 goes out of her way to help me, instead of rushing to the defense of the seireitei."

Kazuo sounds bemused.

"Follow me to the 12th division ground, we will drop that there, where the artificials will pick it up because you are not going to be allowed into our headquarters."

Doctor Octopus Kazuo begins to long stride across the seireitei, back to the distant, distant, 12th division.

Shishimaru does in fact start scooting away when she first picks up the R.E.A.P.E.R. and stands back up when he gets to what he considers a safe distance away. "Um, Nasumi-san, maybe we should..." He starts, but quickly gets drowned out by their discussion. Oh, why do things like this always happen to him? What unlucky star had he been born under? He thought these and similar thoughts as he fell in step behind Nasumi and Kazuo on the way to the 12th division.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way to 12th]

Nasumi's eyes widen with fury and she becomes even a deeper shade of red as Kazuo makes his comment. It'd be easy to imagine steam blowing from her ears. Shishimaru might almost expect her to slam the whole REAPER on Kazuo while shouting 'Fine! You carry it, then!', but that fortunately doesn't happen. Instead, the unseated quietly stumbles in Kazuo's wake. " *mutter* *mutter* ... such an ungrateful, pompous, cheeky... *muter* *mutter* "

It doesn't take them very long to arrive in the vicinity of 12th, all things considered. Nasumi stops where Kazuo instructs her to, but hesitates when she's supposed to lower the damaged machine to the ground. "Uh... Shishimaru-san? A little help here, please? I'm not sure I can actually put this down in any safe manner...", she whispers, legs shaking.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

12th Division Grounds

As Nasumi asks for help, she will feel the cargo lighten up on her, as the eight metal tentacles pick the R.E.A.P.E.R. up from her hands.

"In any case, this pompous, cheeky captain is grateful for your help, now I believe you have duties to attend to."

----

4th Division

Kagome nods shakily, extending towards the body, rolling it aside and pulling her sword out of it, before walking out behind Daisuke.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Pixie in the Playground

Hirokatsu might feel like he's being observed, courtesy of a security camera above the gate. "Come in", a voice echoes soon enough, and two unseated Shinigami open the gate from within for him to pass.

The 1st Division doesn't feel very different from how it is during peace - there aren't notably more people running in the corridors, nor are there troops waiting in formation as far as Hirokatsu can see. All the disorder and hurry, is confined to few conference rooms where Seated Officers of the Command Division are working in concert with messengers of 8th and 5th to compile disparate reports from other Divisions into a coherent evaluation of the situation at hand.

Yamamoto Sayuri is among said people, filling in for certain Nagamichi Soushi who, by all rights, should be present but isn't. Where is that insufferable man!?!, she fumes internally while drawing lines between tactical markers with her Shikai. How can he shirk from his responsibilities at times like this? Oooh, he's going to hear from this 'till the Sun freezes and tumbles down!

INVASION DAY

[1st Division Barracks]
    Hirokatsu Goto (VC of 9th Div) with 1st Division members

Hirokatsu enters the 1st Division barracks with a polite nod to the gate attendants as he walks through. He raises his right hand to bring closed his umbrella as he steps inside and it clicks into its closed position after a step or two. He then holds it upside down using it like a walking cane as he makes his way in through the barracks towards the conference room where he assumes by the voice heard is where the Vice Captain Sayuri would be.

His pace is slow but direct. His eyes are only open slightly. The 1st Division is somewhat different than he remembered, the video camera at the gate especially, though it was not to be unexpected he thought. He was not uncomfortable walking through the barracks where he had spent so many years moving up in the ranks (all the way to 3rd Seat). The calmness it always exhibited in the fury of the storm was always something that soothed Hirokatsu. It felt kind of like home in fact.

As much as Hirokatsu had made the 9th Division his new home within the Seretei, it was difficult to not feel nostalgic for the place where he first was assigned. It was the smell Hirokatsu thought, that wonderful smell of ink and paper. He brought his right hand up just slightly to look at his fingers for a moment. No matter the soap, one could never wash away ALL the ink stains. And in fact Hirokatsu was glad they never washed entirely away, it was not something he ever wanted to forget.

Hirokatsu returned his hand to his side as he made his way just out side the conference room where he stopped outside. He looked in only briefly to confirm the Vice Captain was there before lowering his eyes, he then brought his right hand up to knock on the side of the door loudly enough to be heard, as he bowed his head to the busy Vice Captain and held it lowered while awaiting her confirmation to speak or enter before continuing any further. He stood only halfway in the doorway as to make sure rushing Shinigami had their space to move without obstacle.

With his head lowered, he thought briefly about how he had been pushed so hard by his family to wait in the 1st Division as 3rd Seat in hopes to become asked to be the Vice Captain. He too had thought very much of waiting for such a promotion instead of taking the Vice Captaincy of the 9th Division, but had decided he could do as much good and possibly more as Vice Captain of the 9th as he could as 3rd Seat of the 1st Division. The Goto family's connection to the 1st Division was older than Hiroaktsu, and its explanation even older than any of the living elders of his family. It was engrained in them to be the 1st Division's servants, but Hirokatsu made his decision to go to the 9th Division, because he knew that regardless of ancient tradition, more importantly the Goto family's allegiance was first to the Gotei.

He also thought of the Vice Captain, and the Commander General himself. It was a different 1st Division when Hirokatsu was here, but as much as it was different, Hirokatsu knew they both were talented and skilled leaders. He knew them only tangentially, but as Vice Captain of the Recon Division, as well as Vice Captain for a Captain who was not a fan of paperwork, as far as Hirokatsu knew he had a very good working relationship with the Vice Captain and Commander General. Hirokatsu was never "off-duty", and he felt they were of a similar mindset, in a way he thought of them as some type of "friend" regardless of him having little actual conversation with either of them. But such frivolities like non-working relationships would only take away from his duty Hirokatsu thought.

Hirokatsu stood and waited to be heard and recognized. His thoughts and request was indeed time sensitive, but etiquette and respect to those whom deserve it was not something to be pushed aside regardless of time desires.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Acónito Parásito vs. Goro

The bestial creature was just beginning to come around from the second dazing burst of electricity straight into it's throat when Goro's dagger abruptly transforms itself into a dagger that's stabbed upward and into it's jaw. Rank blook splashes against Goro's face as Acónito Parásito gives out a distorted growl at the wound.

A moment latter though and it's two large crab claws are opening wide and darting in to try and close shut around his waist. They aren't sharp on the interior, surprisingly, but there's massive strength hidden inside of the creature's meaty arms and if he was held in place for it's other four arms to get at him...the situation would go from 'poor' to 'oh hell' very very quickly.

Blindados vs. Magatsu

"Gah!" the arrancar grunts when the other stomps down atop his chest, weaving as Magatsu's zanpakuto abruptly disappears, allowing the Vice Captain to leap away from him and out of the path of the spherical cero. His own blast envelops the rotund arrancar, obscuring him in smoke as the five weapons slam down to where he had been, with accompanying howls of outrage and pain from the shinigami's target.

However..before the purple bolt of flame slams home, Magatsu can hear something from his intended target.

"Crush them all, :a Muerte de La Rata!" accompanied by a bright flash of light from within the dust cloud just before the Haien hits it's target. But...nothing. No cry of pain or outraged, just muffled boom as the purple flames enveloped their target.

...And then a large purple fireball launched itself out of the dust cloud towards Magatsu, the manical cackling of Blindados emnating from within what Magatsu can now tell is an armored and spiked sphere, like a spiny armadillo, that had been set ablaze from his own kido spell.

Genoveva vs. Lots of People

The Primera tilts her head to the side, watching as Masaru diverted course, before the shouted release seems to register with the blond arrancar. About the same time that red-hot steel bolt flies right through her hollow hole to bury itself in the building behind her. Abruptly she bends almost double backwards, as if the second bolt had hit her straight in the forehead, though in a moment she's snapped back up into position to turn incredulously at the second. A moment later and her head has snapped back around for her slitted gaze on Michiko as a certain...feral look of rage comes to her shark-toothed smile.

Of course, then 11th Division decided to start it's bombardment and Genoveva turned into a veritable blond blur as she began to duck and weave her way past the various projectiles. In a way, it could have been seen as beautiful, like a well-rehearsed dance in motion, but it likely was just infuriating to those attacking her from a distance. The weapons cut into the ground and buildings around here, lodging themselves there as the occasional din of metal on metal rings in the air as a particularly well-aimed projectile is batted away by the Primera's falchion before it could graze skin or clothing. No attacks follow her acrobatics though, not even a spiteful hail of bala to try to divert her attackers, up until the moment that Seiko dives down at her with projectiles of his own...and the entire world gets turned upside down.

Seiko
    Spoiler
    Show
    The moment he gets close to Genoveva, his vision warps and distorts before everything he knows disappears. It looks like some crazed scene from a humor manga or TV show! The ground tilts until he feels like he's flying sideways through the air, large hot-dog clutched in one hand as the sunlight reflects off the moon rocks dotting his planetary surface (when did he become the moon?). Flaming wheels, demon heads, bouquets of flowers, and chickens fly through the air all around him towards the thing he had been diving towards to smite with his Wiener of Absolution. The smell of freshly cooked bacon fills the air around him, the source unseen even as a lilting chant fills the air with it's joyous song, coming from the sun and the numerous clouds holding hands around it.

She could only be described as a, what did the mortals call it, a 'chibi' version of the arrancar he had been descending on before with a large candy-cane twirling about in one hand. Back in the direction that he had come from a monstrous flaming demon was whispering snide truths into a tree's 'ear' even as it notched an errant wood-pecker between it's arrows to be launched, laughing it's head off (literally), at him.

Rukon had transformed as well, wacky side-ways world that it was, into a stark black and white outline of a bubbling volcano with the shadowy shapes of pandas kow-towing on the lip of it before tossing in bundles of mackerel.

Even as that happened though, Genoveva pushes up off of the ground and begins to spin with her falchion held out horizontally before her to deflect Seiko's projectile and carry her past him with no more lasting harm then a large cut through his shihakusho that hadn't even nicked his skin.

"Shoo, ya bloody loon. Ah have no need for ya." she growls off-hand as her slow progress carries her closer towards the two convening captains.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kayne: Genoveva's current aspect is 'Lunacy' and he passed into it when he went to attack her. Depending on how well he resists it's affects (leaving that up to you!) he'll just see the fever dream the aura is inspiring super-imposed over top of reality instead of taking it's place.

Boabone Z vs. Damara

In fact, the female arrancar does take steps to try and avoid the slashes, but she doesn't prove fast enough to actually avoid the strikes. The black threads are severed, dropping the Rukon citizens down into Damara's arms as he safely deposits them out of the reach of nearby black tendrils. Boabone, in the meanwhile, spasms with pain as the feelers were cut off and tenses as Damara shunpos up to stand in the air in front of her once more. Threads that had begun to reach out toward him recoil when he assumes the hakuda stance, while his chant draws a confused look on her pale face.

"This one does not understand sir's statements. What if one moves and is still? Do the spears still make noise if in an empty castle?" she questions aloud, though she doesn't stand there blithely either, even if her own preparations are a bit...odder. The lanky arrancar's free hand lifts up to begin to unbutton her jacket down the middle, exposing a new seam that starts just below the hollow of her throat and seems to extend down much further.

As Damara continues his kido chant, he'd be able to see the stitches holding the seam shut begin to wiggle free to allow the seam to actually open. Finally though, she pulls back her spear-wielding arm and launches it towards him, the separate sections un-attaching just before it leaves her hand to launch the barbed spear head at Damara.

=======================

Back at the Shinigami Detection Center

The situation looks to be well enough in hand, even if the battles were still going on, when another alarm is triggered. Another garganta had opened at Vice Captain's Damara's position...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-12-13 at 02:30 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko vs. Genoveva

Out of all the possible responses to an attack, turning the world upside-down was not one that Seiko had expected. The sheer absurdity of the situation knocked for a loop for a split second before his reflexes kicked in, knocking the nonsense world transparent, allowing Seiko to see the real world again.

Just in time to see Genoveva pass by him. It would appear to observers that Seiko had paused mid-swing for no reason, missing his strike and losing his momentum without Genoveva doing a thing.

Seiko pulled his staff from the ground, staring at Genoveva. She wasn't going anywhere; not until she dealt with him (no matter that she already had). As he spun his staff above him (cutting off panda heads by the score), one blade detached itself from the staff, now connected only by a length of chain. The blade flew out towards Genoveva (severing the moon's head from its body, which began laughing at Seiko. But wait, wasn't the moon him?!), and though Seiko had been aiming for her neck, he had been sufficiently distracting by the chibi Genoveva swinging a candy cane at him that it would only hit her arm if she didn't block it.

"Be careful, Michiko-taichou!" He called out toward his captain that he assumed was still there (he couldn't see her past the silhouette of the immense hot dog that was where his staff should be). "She can create hallucinations at close range!"
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-12-13 at 03:25 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Goro's vision begins to take on a slightly red tint, and he snarls angrily as the creature still refuses to die, even as it spatters its lifeblood onto his face.

Reversing his grip on his dagger, he moves down and forward, aiming to dodge the immense claws, while simultaneously ripping vertically through the creature's neck, chest, and stomach. His muscles strain as the dangerous power of his zanpaktou begins to flow through him.

Can't keep on doing this... have to maintain control....

YES....
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

[Rukongai, around Genoveva]

Himura Michiko's eyes narrow as she sees Seiko freeze mid-strike. What had just happened? It's a bit disheartening to see the Arrancar advance despite the best efforts of her men. "Masaru, ready!", she yells, and then blurs out of vision as she charges towards Genoveva. She hears Seiko's warning just in time to brace her mind before entering Primera's madness-inducing vicinity.

She aims several rapid kicks towards the sides of the Arrancar, then swings towards her head - by all accounts, the punch looks like it'll go a mile wide from the start, but then the steam surround Michiko's fist abruptly solidifies into a long, burning-hot chain, threatening to snake past Genoveva's guard and wrap around her weapon and torso...

16. - Top - End - #1036

Yuuki, being who he was, dodges easily enough. So she's finally stopped playing around. He looks around for Suzume, his senses searching for any hint of movement or reiatsu. Well, in that case, I'd better ask. Marco....polo?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly, Allan feels a weight set upon his shoulders as someone's arms wrap affectionately around his neck. "Oooh! Who's this pretty boy?", an alluring voice chirps. "It's Allan-kun, isn't it? Oh, I've been hearing so much about you, I nearly couldn't wait to meet you in person!"

From seemingly out of nowhere, an extremely androgynous young human in decidedly immodest sportswear has appeared behind Allan. Hachirou observes the two with a dull look and a deep frown on his face, as if finding the scene distasteful beyond belief.

"And you"
    , the young... person chimes, looking at Hachirou over Allan's shoulder. "I thought you'd never let me out! Oh, we're going to have so much fun now! How can I ever thank you, Hachi-cha~an? <3"

"Don't get any wrong ideas, Jin"
    , Hachirou snaps. "Once this is over, you're going back to the lamp. Don't even think of doing anything stupid."
    [Hachirou's Mindscape]
    Jin's Prison

Allan yelps and jumps in surprise as Jin materializes on him, but his usual balance is impaired by the spirit's presence on his back, and trips and falls flat on his face. With decidedly more grace, he rolls carefully to his feet and stands slowly, watching Jin with wary curiosity. After a few seconds of study, he turns his head to look at Hachirou.

"So...this is...Jin, was his name?"

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boabone Z vs. Damara

In fact, the female arrancar does take steps to try and avoid the slashes, but she doesn't prove fast enough to actually avoid the strikes. The black threads are severed, dropping the Rukon citizens down into Damara's arms as he safely deposits them out of the reach of nearby black tendrils. Boabone, in the meanwhile, spasms with pain as the feelers were cut off and tenses as Damara shunpos up to stand in the air in front of her once more. Threads that had begun to reach out toward him recoil when he assumes the hakuda stance, while his chant draws a confused look on her pale face.

"This one does not understand sir's statements. What if one moves and is still? Do the spears still make noise if in an empty castle?" she questions aloud, though she doesn't stand there blithely either, even if her own preparations are a bit...odder. The lanky arrancar's free hand lifts up to begin to unbutton her jacket down the middle, exposing a new seam that starts just below the hollow of her throat and seems to extend down much further.

As Damara continues his kido chant, he'd be able to see the stitches holding the seam shut begin to wiggle free to allow the seam to actually open. Finally though, she pulls back her spear-wielding arm and launches it towards him, the separate sections un-attaching just before it leaves her hand to launch the barbed spear head at Damara.

=======================

Back at the Shinigami Detection Center

The situation looks to be well enough in hand, even if the battles were still going on, when another alarm is triggered. Another garganta had opened at Vice Captain's Damara's position...
    [Rukongai]
    Middle Districts

Damara takes notice of Boabone's confusion over his chanting. Apparently, she didn't have much, if any, knowledge of Kido. Another detail to remember. He slows his chanting down as she withdraws her threads in response to his military stance, waiting to see what she does next while still continuing the casting progress. The central seem was something to be concerned about; it would likely allow her to release many more threads, or even manifest previously unseen abilities. Either one would be problematic. There is little he can do that would reliably counter it, however, so he focuses on casting, finishing the chant as Boabone throws the spearhead at him.

"Hado 63: Raikōhō."

Drawing one hand back, Damara then thrusts it forward, releasing a powerful blast of lighting from his palm. The blast passes the spear head by, flying straight towards Boabone's chest. He briefly considers grabbing the incoming spear, but remembering the spikes used to anchor it to the earth, he instead leaps to the side, putting a wide berth between himself and the odd weapon.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Natsuko looks at the nearest 4ther. "What's going on out there exactly?"
    Alysha should have reached Natsuko's room by this time.

Her zanpakuto is in its Shikai state, which is a gold-and-silver buckler. She seems slightly winded, like she ran the whole way here. And she seems to be in some pain.

Are you okay? Nothing weird happen recently? No visitors?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Rukongai, around Genoveva]

Masaru didn't like trying to just seal Michiko in with Genoveva, but the main goal of her plan was solid.

"High enough." was his only response before she moved in to attack.

Sheathing his sword, Masaru concentrated for a moment.

"Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six! Bakudō #61. Rikujōkōrō!"

The rods of light manifest around the Primera and slam inwards, hopefully at least slowing her down.

Masaru then begins the chant for Bakudō # 73. Tozanshō , a slight grimace on his face. This was less than ideal...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Pixie in the Playground

[On the way to 12th]

Nasumi's eyes widen with fury and she becomes even a deeper shade of red as Kazuo makes his comment. It'd be easy to imagine steam blowing from her ears. Shishimaru might almost expect her to slam the whole REAPER on Kazuo while shouting 'Fine! You carry it, then!', but that fortunately doesn't happen. Instead, the unseated quietly stumbles in Kazuo's wake. " *mutter* *mutter* ... such an ungrateful, pompous, cheeky... *muter* *mutter* "

It doesn't take them very long to arrive in the vicinity of 12th, all things considered. Nasumi stops where Kazuo instructs her to, but hesitates when she's supposed to lower the damaged machine to the ground. "Uh... Shishimaru-san? A little help here, please? I'm not sure I can actually put this down in any safe manner...", she whispers, legs shaking.
    12th Division Grounds

As Nasumi asks for help, she will feel the cargo lighten up on her, as the eight metal tentacles pick the R.E.A.P.E.R. up from her hands.

"In any case, this pompous, cheeky captain is grateful for your help, now I believe you have duties to attend to."
    Shishimaru was just going to help Nasumi (though he wasn't sure how he was going to help), but stopped when Kazuo picked the enormous thing up himself with his metal...limb...things. There was a time when Shishimaru's life made sense. When people didn't pick up spiritual helicopters by themselves.

"Well, I guess that he's okay now, eh Nasumi-san? It looks like we're not needed here after all. So, what say that we head on back to Koishima-sama?" Shishimaru was a step away from begging, but he just wanted to get away from Kazuo. The man was getting more annoyed by the second, and it looked like there were sharp ends on some of those metal things on his back.

4th Division

Kagome nods shakily, extending towards the body, rolling it aside and pulling her sword out of it, before walking out behind Daisuke.
    Daisuke stepped out into the hall, his tails standing on end. Kagome might notice that the tails were echoing his moods. He looked both ways down the hall, then the first way again, then the second way again, then he finally stepped out into the hall.

"Feiyan-neesan? Are you there?" Daisuke called out into the hallway. He didn't like this one bit. Something was wrong with that body, but he couldn't dwell on that right now. There was still an invasion of the Seireitei going on, and Daisuke had to get Kagome to safety. Oh, if only he knew the name of that girl who he had just fought with! Why couldn't he remember her name?!

Oh yeah. He had never met her before. That probably didn't help. While he's thinking all of this, Kagome might notice that Daisuke looks extremely distracted, and his tails are twitching nervously again.
    Star Wars iTP characters

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

4th Division

Kagome is still too shaken to notice Daisuke's distraction.

Her situation does not improve when a whip lashes past her head, aimed at Daisuke's neck.

It takes a turn for the worse when a second whip wraps around her neck, she tries to shriek, but her windpipe is blocked, and tears roll from her eyes as the skin touched by the weapon starts to blacken.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie... Hehehaha. A mortal wrote these words a few decades ago."

Naraku is back up, but he was most certainly dead before there is no arguing that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

The only reason Daisuke's neck remains free is because the whip catches one of Daisuke's twitching tails before it catches his neck, though it still taps Daisuke's neck, eliciting a yelp from the boy as he jumps back and away from the whip. He turns around quickly, just in time to see Kagome struggling against his other whip as her neck begins to decay. Daisuke's tail flows away from the whip as he brings his hand up pointing at Naraku (wasn't he just dead?).

"Hado #4: Byakurai! Hado #1: Sho! Bakudo #15: Kumo no Su!" He shouted, one of his tails shrinking as it supercharged the Kido. The first would cut the whip that grabbed Kagome, the second would push him away, and the third would give him some time to get Kagome somewhere safe. Hopefully, at least.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-12-14 at 05:59 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

23. - Top - End - #1043

4th Division

Feiyan heard Daisuke's calls, and not a moment too late. She came bounding around the corner to find Daisuke shooting bakudo at Kagome. Daisuke-kun, what's going on? She asked, more than a little confused.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Orc in the Playground

[Sigint - 2nd Division]

At this point, Sigint arrives at the Onmitsukido HQ. The whole place is in a buzz of activity, calling in all their resources trying to figure out just what is going on. The TV screens light up with activity of the invasion, and Sigint's eyes scan every aspect of the scene.

The chaos was obvious, however, it was strangely kept at bay by the finest of the Shinigami. That wouldn't mean that Sigint wasn't going to make sure that everything is under control, and there was a particular screen that showed Masaru's fighting...something, that worried him.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

[12th Division Grounds]

Nasumi becomes yet another shade of red - one of her ancestors must've been a chameleon. She seems to visibly shrink away (must be a spirit world thing) as the ruined carcass of the machine is lowered to the ground. "Y-y-you're welcome, Kazuo-taichou", she stutters, bowing deeply ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "Well, I guess that he's okay now, eh Nasumi-san? It looks like we're not needed here after all. So, what say that we head on back to Koishima-sama?"

"Indeed! Let's go!"
    , the girl yells, and grabs Shishimary by the collar, half dragging, half carrying him away from the scene. The two vanish from sight with surprising alacrity.

Once they are safely out of sight behind a corner, Nasumi lets Shishimary stand straight again - just to collapse against his shoulder. "Ah, I'm beat", she complain. "Carrying that thing sure took a lot of me..." Then, her eyes widen and she gives a curious look around them. "Wait... where are we now? Where were we supposed to go...?"

---

[Hachirou's Mindscape]
    Jin's Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Allan yelps and jumps in surprise as Jin materializes on him, but his usual balance is impaired by the spirit's presence on his back, and trips and falls flat on his face. With decidedly more grace, he rolls carefully to his feet and stands slowly, watching Jin with wary curiosity. After a few seconds of study, he turns his head to look at Hachirou.

"So...this is...Jin, was his name?"
    "Unfortuntely, yes."
    "You bet it is!"

Both speak out so loud it's hard to make up what either is saying from the cacophony. It's followed with an awkward silence when the sword spirit and its owner take a while to glare at each other murderously.

"Jin, he was talking to me."
    "When have I ever need you for introductions?"

Another bout of talking on top of each other, followed by menacing quiet. Then, Jin turns back towards Allan, and begins talking with a sickeningly sweet voice. "So, how do you think I look, Allan-kun? Is my hair good?"

Hachirou, on the other hand, takes off his glasses and begins rubbing his eyes, as if Jin's shenanigans are too painful to watch. "As I hope you remember, Crossdale-kun, I told you how Zanpakuto are reflections of their owners. In a way, you could say they embody traits that are repressed, or not fully realized..."

"Would you prefer it was red?"
    , Jin keeps on chirping, grabbing its own hair and fondling it slightly. And indeed, it becomes red, billowing black hair changing to a deep crimson ponytail almost long enough to touch the ground.

"... Shinigami's advancement with their Zanpakutos start with acceptance, or at least realization, of these traits - which is symbolic of acceptance or realization of self..." Hachirou's voice souds very forced now, and Allan can tell he's gritting his teeth.

"How about the body? You don't look too impressed", Jin continues, smiling. "Would you prefer it was... taller? More curvy?" The red from its hair splashes on its outfit, and the spirit gains several inches of height - while its body becomes clearly feminine, which just serves to emphasize how skimpy its clothing is.

"... of course, a spirit can be different from its host, reflecting qualities the host might not have or try to reject. But if the host and the spirit become too different, they will not be able to hear eachother, regardless of how much either wants it..."
    Hachirou's thrown his hands in the air, and turned his back to Jin and Allan - he's pretty much talking to walls now, his voice reaching Allan's ears partially as an echo.

"Well? Go ahead and say something!", Jin chimes, putting its hands to its hips. "Or did cat steal your tongue?"

"... which is why it's important for a Shinigami to always be in terms with himself"
    , Hachirou finishes, stepping next to his gaudy Zanpakuto spirit, having walked a full circle now. He looks about as sour as a barrel of lemons, his frowning face a stark contrast to beaming Jin.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

4th Division

The Whip is cut, but Kagome falls on her knees, and then drops facefirst on the floor, still.

"Damn it, don't you know how expensive those things are? Its not like your stupid zanpakutous that regrow when damaged!"

Naraku stomps the wooden floor, sending a blackened wave through it towards Daisuke.

The wave won't actually do anything to him, it is just the floor rotting away, it will give in under him, however.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko looks at anyone else in the room with her. "Protect Hikari with your lives. Understand?"

Then she walks out, picking up Karinmaru along the way and bursting in the room she feels the reiatsu of fighting in. "Right. Hado number 1, Sho."

She is trying to blast Naraku out of the building, incidentally.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1048

Feiyan sees Natsuko, and immediately lets out an involuntary torrent of nagging/worrying. Natsuko-taicho, are you sure you're in good enough condition-your child-is there-anyone watching over.... she falters and shuts up. You're gonna get yourself killed if you keep talking to captains like that. Saezuki sings from inside of Feiyan's mindscape. Well, obviously, we're supposed to fight whoever this is. Feiyan looks to Naraku and points her finger at him. Hado 4: Byakuri! A bolt of white lightning shoots from her finger towards Naraku's heart.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Yuuki, being who he was, dodges easily enough. So she's finally stopped playing around. He looks around for Suzume, his senses searching for any hint of movement or reiatsu. Well, in that case, I'd better ask. Marco....polo?
    Suzume stops while invisible and removes her shoes carefully before throwing one at Yuuki and running quietly away. The way she moves is erratic and spontaneously shifts direction as a tactic to lose the follower.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

4th Division

Naraku is shoved against a wall at the end of the corridor, and then a lightning bolt pierces his heart, causing him to fall to the floor, still.

And then a torrent of decay washes out from him through the wooden floor, causing it to crumble down under the feet of Natsuko and Feyan, into the lower floor. Where he will land back on his feet.

"You break my heart this way little shinigami girl... But don't worry, I get better. Hehehahahahaha."

Naraku follows up with a whip lash towards Feyan and Natsuko, his other, now shorter, whip unused because it has been shortened.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing