New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

[Houheiden Shrine]
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "I guess I'll go up next," said Ken as he stepped forward to put some distance between himself and the others. "Unfortunately it's difficult for me to show my powers without some help. Would you be so kind as to come up here and lend me a hand Heart Angel?"
    Ayase's tail twitches involuntarily as she is called, brushing against Sayaka's nose.
    "Ah..." She blinks in surprise. "Okay, nya."

She steps forward, absently rubbing her wand.
    "Uh... what exactly do I do?"

Come to think of it, what were Ken's powers? She hadn't noticed him doing anything odd in that fight.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-11-06 at 08:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina looks up. Ken's going? What abilities did he have? I barely noticed...He has enough spiritual pressure, but I've never seen his abilities.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I guess Hollows aren't born with a sense of humor. Nice to meet you, I suppose. So what are you going to do now?" As Hasunaga asked, he seemed to be done with his prayers.
    If she could, Carmelia would raise an eyebrow right now. Instead, she looks at Hasunaga's face. "An odd question. One that can be used against me if I actually give information on it..." She turned away. "I don't know. I have nothing right now. All of my 'companions' are dead as of our last encounter, and no one has seen fit to give me an order." Not a hint of sorrow is in her voice or posture, standing straight as an arrow.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken smiled at Heart Angel's initial acceptance and her assault on Sayaka's nose. "How about we have a friendly spar? A mock battle. You seemed to move with such grace when you fought that I can't help but wonder if your catlike features are an indication of enhanced feline agility. If so, I bet you're a natural at the martial arts. My powers are awful mundane. My reflexes, strength and endurance are substantially higher than they should be and that's all there is to them. If you too are endowed with supernatural physicality then perhaps we could put on a show for them. What do you say?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-07 at 09:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    If she could, Carmelia would raise an eyebrow right now. Instead, she looks at Hasunaga's face. "An odd question. One that can be used against me if I actually give information on it..." She turned away. "I don't know. I have nothing right now. All of my 'companions' are dead as of our last encounter, and no one has seen fit to give me an order." Not a hint of sorrow is in her voice or posture, standing straight as an arrow.
    "If I wanted to harm you, you'd know by now. I can understand that trust is a foreign concept to you, but as of right now your mistrust isn't going to get you anywhere." Hasunaga replied. "...Have you ever moved without being under someone's authority?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Orc in the Playground

"If I wanted to harm you, you'd know by now. I can understand that trust is a foreign concept to you, but as of right now your mistrust isn't going to get you anywhere." Hasunaga replied. "...Have you ever moved without being under someone's authority?"
    Carmelia simply looked over her shoulder. "Please don't make me laugh." She then went back to looking into the distance. "...I've moved under my own will occasionally. However, in Hueco Mundo, there is always someone stronger than you, and that someone has no qualms with using you to get what you want. I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]
    Ayase smiles and nods.

"Sure!"
    She crouches into a fighting stance, albeit an obviously amateur one, waiting for Ken to make the first move.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-11-06 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll help you get into character so you can do your best. Just pretend I'm one of the enemies of justice you fight on a regular basis." Ken turned away for a moment and cleared his throat. He then whipped around to reveal a sinister grin. "Kukuku... Today, I Dr. Badblood, the crazed genius with a PhD in eeeevil, shall strike a terrible blow against the forces of good with your defeat! Yes... Master Blackheart will be most pleased and reward me handsomely! Are you ready to meet your demise little girl?"

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito rolled his eyes at Ken's antics. Seeing as the session of "show and tell" had moved on, he let the boulder drop to the ground with a deep *thump*.

He then walked over near Nakahiro and Valeria...with the small rocks still slowly orbiting his body. He was watching the spare with his arms crossed, a slightly skeptical look upon his face.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

[Venti Buon]

The sheer force of the blow was like a summoning for Rosa, who popped up from the counter almost immediately. "Hello sir! How can I help you?"
    Green eyes study Rosa appraisingly. "Water. Bread", the tall stranger says tersely. He duly notes she's quite tall and large for a japanese woman - perhaps non-native as well? Facial features suggest hispanic heritage and... is that a rosary around her left wrist? Most curious.

Behind him, Yui has taken to observing the menu. "Oooh! They all seem so good! I might have to order them all!", she mumbles, greedy glint in her eyes. "So.. what will you be taking?", she turns to ask from Sora and Silva.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-07 at 07:20 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Orc in the Playground

Carmelia simply looked over her shoulder. "Please don't make me laugh." She then went back to looking into the distance. "...I've moved under my own will occasionally. However, in Hueco Mundo, there is always someone stronger than you, and that someone has no qualms with using you to get what you want. I'm sure you can understand what I'm getting at."
    Hasunaga shrugged. Can't blame me for trying, right?

I don't know a thing about Hueco Mundo, except that's a place where Hollows go when they don't wander our world. So forgive my ignorance on the subject. What if I told you that if you simply stick to fighting other Hollows, you could have a measure of freedom?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "I'll help you get into character so you can do your best. Just pretend I'm one of the enemies of justice you fight on a regular basis." Ken turned away for a moment and cleared his throat. He then whipped around to reveal a sinister grin. "Kukuku... Today, I Dr. Badblood, the crazed genius with a PhD in eeeevil, shall strike a terrible blow against the forces of good with your defeat! Yes... Master Blackheart will be most pleased and reward me handsomely! Are you ready to meet your demise little girl?"
    There is an awkward silence for a moment, and then Ayase suddenly stands more confidently.

"Never!" She points her wand at "Dr. Badblood" in a dramatic fashion. "My love alone will protect this entire town, no, the entire world if it has to! Face the seriousness of your crimes, and despair nya! For in the name of pure-hearted maidens everywhere, I WILL PUNISH YOU!! The soul that pierces the sky, Neko Shoujo Heart Angel!"
    As she strikes a pose, Ken almost expects a pink explosion to appear behind her.

Did... I get a little carried away? Denden...
    What?! I didn't do anything!

She starts to raise her wand again, then lowers it and rushes at Ken.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-11-07 at 10:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Houheiden Shrine]
    Sören Stein wanders the streets of Fusichou, a nearly spent bottle of vodka in one hand and a roll-up cigarette migrating frequently between his other and his mouth.

This town is so...loud.

Methinks that might be the effects of the vodka.

I've had three... maybe fours swigs at most. You don't keep high quality Polish vodka around for twenty years and just chug it like cheap lager.

Current evidence to the contrary, I assure you.

. . . I hate you, y'know?

Love you too, Sören.

The Bount keeps walking, going straight past the steps up to the Shrine. However, a few steps beyond them, he stops and steps back to them and looks up at the gate he can just barely see at the top.

"A shrine, huh? It'll be quiet enough, I guess."

He drains the last few dregs of vodka before throwing the empty bottle in a bin at the foot of the steps, stubbing out his cigarette and throwing it away too. He then ascends the stairs up to the shrine, passing under the gate just as Ken and Ayase begin their demonstration, not that he can see it from where he is.

He sighs loudly, taking in the shrine's layout, before starting to walk around it slowly, taking in the ambience.

Hmm... peaceful.

Deliciously peaceful.
    Last edited by Edge; 2010-11-07 at 11:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga shrugged. Can't blame me for trying, right?

I don't know a thing about Hueco Mundo, except that's a place where Hollows go when they don't wander our world. So forgive my ignorance on the subject. What if I told you that if you simply stick to fighting other Hollows, you could have a measure of freedom?"
    Carmelia turns to face Hasunaga for a moment, before slowly pacing in front of him. "Perhaps that would be a reasonable way to live. After all, if I only fight others of my kind I may be spared from the wrath from Shinigami and other insects." Realizing she had let slip her opinion of humans, she stops and looks to Hasunaga. "Pardon the expression, if you will." She continues pacing. "However, there will eventually be someone who won't understand and attack me anyways. It may not be now, it may not be a hundred years from now, but I will encounter one who is ignorant of the situation."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina watches. Her attention turns quickly, missing the words but watching the movements. Words weren't much of an indication of ability in any case.

She watches as Kaito lets the rock fall, though he seems to leave the others in place. She watches Ken and Ayase begin to spare, though her attention is less focused on them and more on their specific movements. Every one would be an indicator of how familiar with their abilities they really were.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I can see why. Bit too cold and wet for my taste, but that's no deal breaker, yanno?" Rex shrugged as he fell into step beside Izumi, the pair wandering through Phoenix Town. And, for once, it truly was a normal day, a not-uncommon event that Rex savored nonetheless.

"I can see why Mom and Dad had me transfer here... everything's so different."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Venti Buon]

Green eyes study Rosa appraisingly. "Water. Bread", the tall stranger says tersely. He duly notes she's quite tall and large for a japanese woman - perhaps non-native as well? Facial features suggest hispanic heritage and... is that a rosary around her left wrist? Most curious.

Behind him, Yui has taken to observing the menu. "Oooh! They all seem so good! I might have to order them all!", she mumbles, greedy glint in her eyes. "So.. what will you be taking?", she turns to ask from Sora and Silva.
    Of course, Rosa just keeps on smiling. "Very well, sir! Any specific kind of bread in mind? We have rye, wheat..." She lists off a few choices of breads.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Orc in the Playground

Carmelia turns to face Hasunaga for a moment, before slowly pacing in front of him. "Perhaps that would be a reasonable way to live. After all, if I only fight others of my kind I may be spared from the wrath from Shinigami and other insects." Realizing she had let slip her opinion of humans, she stops and looks to Hasunaga. "Pardon the expression, if you will." She continues pacing. "However, there will eventually be someone who won't understand and attack me anyways. It may not be now, it may not be a hundred years from now, but I will encounter one who is ignorant of the situation."
    Hasunaga didn't seem to mind. That she excused herself for it meant that he wasn't in this category, apparently. "By the time that happens, enough people will have heard of you that it won't matter. And your power will probably be great enough that you can reasonably defend yourself. I know I don't exactly speak for the majority, but as far as those who fight Hollows are concerned, if Hollows start preferring to attack each other rather than humans or human souls, all the better."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "A good way to broaden your horizons, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga didn't seem to mind. That she excused herself for it meant that he wasn't in this category, apparently. "By the time that happens, enough people will have heard of you that it won't matter. And your power will probably be great enough that you can reasonably defend yourself. I know I don't exactly speak for the majority, but as far as those who fight Hollows are concerned, if Hollows start preferring to attack each other rather than humans or human souls, all the better."
    Carmelia turns to face Hasunaga, her dress twirling as she does so. "...There is still the concern of the stronger Hollows that I might face..."

"Also, are you implying I go back and fight in Hueco Mundo, or stay here and fight alongside you and the others?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

"If you go to Hueco Mundo you'll only face stronger Hollows earlier. So I say you stick around here. I only stick to protecting my students - so if you help me with that, then I will help you if a stronger Hollow comes along."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Pretty much." Rex indicated their surroundings carefully, avoiding the wide-arm sweep he would have used back home, for fear of clocking someone in the head by mistake. With his luck... "It's pretty fun, bein' somewhere so different. Back home, there's not many clouds an' it gets super hot and dry really fast. All the plants are this low scrub brush and small trees, nothin' big and green." Rex sounded almost wistful. "Biggest change is dealin' with the scale difference. Things here are so... compressed."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-11-07 at 02:50 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken grimaced and shielded his eyes for a moment as if a blinding light had just emanated from his foe. "Gah! What wretched brightness! It shall disappear when your world is plunged into darkness and you breathe your last!" He met her charge with one of his own. As he did so he let his fists fly, bringing to bear a titanic tumultuous torrent of terror. At least that was what his movements were meant to look like. In reality each strike was carefully measured and pulled at the last moment to avoid actually hurting Heart Angel and to provide her with room to dodge. Ken hoped his furry friend might make a furious flurry of her own and follow his lead.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-11-07 at 02:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, Japan isn't a large country. And there are the earthquakes. But for all that... it's still beautiful."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Orc in the Playground

"If you go to Hueco Mundo you'll only face stronger Hollows earlier. So I say you stick around here. I only stick to protecting my students - so if you help me with that, then I will help you if a stronger Hollow comes along."
    Carmelia stares at Hasunaga, her breath visible occasionally. After a while like this, she nods her head once. "Very well. I shall join you. Now, how will I hide my presence here?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex grinned and nodded. "It is. I'm just glad I haven't had my first quake yet... the ground should stay still, dangit." He shrugged as he entered a small grocery store, making a beeline for the spice section with the focus of a man on a mission.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm afraid I can't very well help you with that. But there's a place I think may be of some assistance." Hasunaga stood up. "Shall we?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles at Rex's comment, then notes the speed at which he heads to the spices. "You like spices a lot, Rex-san?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm afraid I can't very well help you with that. But there's a place I think may be of some assistance." Hasunaga stood up. "Shall we?"
    Carmelia looks at Hasunaga, before glancing back at the tombstone. She raises an arm as if to signal Hasunaga to hold up. "Wait for a moment." She then walks over to the tombstone, bowing her head in reverance. Her hands soon pop out from inside of the sleeves of her dress, clasped together in prayer. They're long, delicate looking hands with delicate fingers, her white fingernails immaculate. She gives a short, possibly old, Shinto prayer for the dead. For a second she looks...almost human again.

After a moment, her hands once again dissappear into her sleeves and she turns to face Hasunaga. "You did say that the least I could do would be to offer a prayer for him. Lead the way."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #690
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Dad always taught me that good cookin' leaves your mouth burning for a good ten minutes after you're done eatin'." He selected a few shakers, scanning for anything he could particularly use. "Cookin's a way I relax. S'fun."