New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Sora glances outside, lost in thought.

"But Shinigami powers are made from justice, whereas mine...

Are made from dark.
    "
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi shakes her head. "Doesn't matter. How you use those powers is what matters."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Abel Estate]

Valeria looks up to Anthony with a smile, from the living room (which is easily visible from the entryway). "Right here, Dr. Wallace..." She didn't mind the kiddy-talk much.

"Yes, we're very fortunate, Dr. Wallace."

Claudia smiles brightly and steps aside, allowing the doctor's diagnosis to begin. She then walks off toward the kitchen.

I'll just make some tea, then. The pot roast should be about done, as well... maybe I should offer him a meal; he did come all this way...
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Izumi shakes her head. "Doesn't matter. How you use those powers is what matters."
    Sora grinned, kind of embarrassed.

"You do realize that it's kind of odd that two of the most powerful mortals in Phoenix have been friends since they were kids? It's kind of strange, huh?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi chuckles. "Chance is a funny thing at times, yeah. The guy who gave me these powers actually had an... odd reaction to my family name."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #216

Sora raises an eyebrow.

"Really oh Brave and Wise Hayashi-sama? How did this man react to your venerable name, which I am not fit to speak?"

He appears to be sarcastic, albeit jokingly.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

"He didn't believe me. Which makes no sense, unless it's important in some other way."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken
    [Houheiden Shrine]

Ken was very pleased with the results of his efforts. An offer to extend his stay was exactly what he sought. It implied that even if he didn't do so he could casually visit them when he liked without fuss. At the same time he felt somewhat bad for vexing Sayaka and made a mental note to apologize to her and explain his intentions when they were alone. Ken's demeanour likewise became more serious as he answered Haruaki. "All I really know is what they look like, that they're very strong compared to the average person and that their shapes and sizes vary. What I mainly want to know is where they come from, how they come into existence and why they attack us."
    Haruaki
    [Houheiden Shrine]

Haruaki smiled more grimly.

"I appreciate simple and straight questions. However, answers are harder to give. What you call they come from us before crossing to the other side. They come into existence because of loneliness and emptiness, and they attack beings with spiritual pressure to try to fill that hole. That is why we might call them 'Hollow.' " Haruaki frowned.

"I should have Sayaka draw example pictures, but she is making dinner. Maybe afterward. They are much more like monsters than ghosts in appearance, but there is not a single one. Like each of us, it is unique, and a reflection of yourself."

Spoiler
    Show

I don't know how much to type. If others come to shrine, maybe long explanation should happen then I think.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

((OOC: Sorry for the wait...midterms have arrived, and I'm sicker than a plague victim... ))

Beck thanked Rosa for her mochaccino, and was almost through drinking it when she felt reiatsu. Hollow reiatsu. But this reiatsu was different, much more civilized, than hollow reiatsu. She looked around, searching for where it was coming from. Her eyes locked on Sora. It was no-doubtedly eminating from the boy. She also recognized Izumi from the pool party. She walked over to the pair, and smiled. Hey! She said, and waved. Strange feeling in the air today, huh? She said, staring directly at Sora while she said it.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Houheiden Shrine]

"Well now that I better know where to go for answers and you've graciously allowed me to extend my stay I feel much less anxious to get them. It might actually be better for you to hold off explaining further because the other students will probably come by soon asking the same things. Maybe you'd be better off taking this time to compose your thoughts to address us all together. If you don't mind, Sayaka and I could arrange for them to all come tomorrow after school to save you the hassle of speaking to each of us individually."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know how much to type. If others come to shrine, maybe long explanation should happen then I think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's no need to worry. I just had him ask a few questions so things would make sense. I figured we'd summarize and skip over things anyway.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-05 at 12:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post

"Yes, we're very fortunate, Dr. Wallace."

Claudia smiles brightly and steps aside, allowing the doctor's diagnosis to begin. She then walks off toward the kitchen.

I'll just make some tea, then. The pot roast should be about done, as well... maybe I should offer him a meal; he did come all this way...
    Dr. Wallace

He may treat Val a bit like a kid sometimes, but there's no denying that the good doctor knows his stuff and knows it well. Once along, he runs Valeria through a quick physical with the stuff he has on hand, looking thoughtful by the end of it...and a bit regretful too.

"Hmm...you seem to be okay but I can't really do a full battery of tests here either. I want your father to schedule an appointment with me sometime soon so I can do a full work-up, okay Val?" he says finally after jotting some notes down unto a note pad, looking contemplative for a couple of minutes before absently pulling a handful of lollipops out of his pocket and holding them out.

"Now remember, you only get one!"

=====================

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yuudai

The boy responded in a less-fierce and less-quiet whisper.

"I told you, I have no clue. According to this one girl, it was a ghost. Another said it was something called a hollow. People said it looked like that old janitor, but I didn't get a good look at it. That sick girl, Sakuya or something seemed to know a lot about it." Yuudai explained, not even noticing where he was being led. Totally not thinking about Michiko's outfit. "I think it was what was causing the doors to be locked and the storms. Luckily I was able to take it out with a taste of good old Masamune." According to Yuudai's memory, this was true. As soon as he gave it one stab the creature was vanquished. "And apparently everyone in our school is some kind of super-powered freak."
    Michiko

The buxom girl glowers at Yuudai as he talks, as if suspecting he was somehow hiding something from her, but the simple reality was that Michiko's brain was turning over the clues she'd already observed along with what her second in command had said.

"Sayaka, huh? Figures she knows something. She was acting oddly during school hours as well..." Michiko muses aloud, finally loosing her disgruntled expression in favor of a more thoughtful one. This was slightly upsetting news to find out, just what did Sayaka know that she hadn't told anyone else? The simplest answer was to find the shrine girl and ask her.

Yuudai's last comment though draws an exhasperated sigh from the delinquent, even as she straightens up and fixes her clothes before going to the bathroom door, "Yuudai, I'm a super-powered freak. This shouldn't be THAT big a surprise. Now come on...once your older sister gets here I'll need you to bandage me up before we go visit Sayaka..."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

"It seems to me like everyone in the world has some sort of power besides me." Yuudai thought to himself as he exited the bathroom with a sigh. And I totally just missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. Yuudai nonetheless pretended to be his usual overconfident self. "Oh, so we are going to see Sayaka after all?"

Yuudai's sisters, having gotten the tea ready and heard Yuudai's voice, walked up to Michiko and Yuudai. They then saw the open bathroom door, drew their own conclusions, and looked at the pair of teenagers.

"You can do so much better than him." The twins said to Michiko as they held out the tray of tea to Yuudai, shaking their heads.

"Hey, I didn't ask you two." Yuudai complained, taking the tea without so much as a "thank you." "Now go back to playing, or whatever it is you two do."

The sisters nodded, gave Michiko a look of disapproval, then left to their room.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Estate]

Valeria picks a red one. "Thanks, Dr. Wallace..." She forces a smile. "Dad's off on business, so... Mom can probably take care of it, yeah? She has before..." Give how busy her father was, it was indeed true.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Houheiden Shrine]

"Well now that I better know where to go for answers and you've graciously allowed me to extend my stay I feel much less anxious to get them. It might actually be better for you to hold off explaining further because the other students will probably come by soon asking the same things. Maybe you'd be better off taking this time to compose your thoughts to address us all together. If you don't mind, Sayaka and I could arrange for them to all come tomorrow after school to save you the hassle of speaking to each of us individually."

Spoiler
    Show
    There's no need to worry. I just had him ask a few questions so things would make sense. I figured we'd summarize and skip over things anyway.

Haruaki and Sayaka

Haruaki smiled.
    "Yes yes this is a good idea! We can have a big dinner and party! Oh my, Sayaka never has had such a party-"

"-Because this is a Shrine." Sayaka said as she entered with dinner.

She looked at Ken. "Tomorrow I won't cook for everyone. But I think maybe it is a good idea." She agrees. Then she becomes red.
    "Don't be mistaken. If I cook for you when you stay here, it does not mean anything special."

After dinner Sayaka prepared the guest room for Ken.

"If you need something, please ask." She said. "I have some housework before it becomes very dark."
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-07 at 09:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Houheiden]

Ken smiled slightly at Sayaka's assurance that cooking for him was merely a formality. He found it highly amusing. So cute. Later when he was shown to his room he decided to speak his mind. "I'm fine. I apologize for encouraging your father's behaviour and teasing you. I just wanted to have a little fun with the situation and make a good impression on him. I'm normally not like that. I don't mean to impose upon you either. I did embellish how I feel about the state of my family but I do get pretty lonely at times and I really did enjoy spending time with you and your father. It was very refreshing. I sincerely want to get to know you better and be your friend. If you'd like I'll gladly help you with whatever needs doing around here. If you ever need help with anything in general feel free to ask me." His expression was serious yet soft and relaxed at the same time.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-07 at 02:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex, now lacking his white duster coat, wandered on into Venti Buon, ostensibly in search of some coffee. It definitely wasn't because he'd caught a glimmer of reiatsu from inside. Not at all. Honest. Besides, he did want coffee. The hulking Texan easily made his way to the counter and grinned at the barista. "Hey, could I get a double mocha with Irish cream? Syrup, I mean."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-10-08 at 10:30 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

((I'm kinda confused as to what job means what, so I'm going to assume that Rosa gets the order and then serves it.))

The young woman of hispanic heritage with light blonde hair smiles at Rex in that calm manner she always does. "Certainly. Just a moment."

A few moments later, she arrives with the coffee in hand. "Here you go. One double mocha with Irish cream syrup."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-10-08 at 11:41 AM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

18. - Top - End - #228

Sora looks down, and grins shyly at Izumi.

No words need to be said between the two.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

She smiles at him reassuringly.

Then breaks the silence. "Did something happen last night? I was near the suburbs..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    [Houheiden]

Ken smiled slightly at Sayaka's assurance that cooking for him was merely a formality. He found it highly amusing. So cute. Later when he was shown to his room he decided to speak his mind. "I'm fine. I apologize for encouraging your father's behaviour and teasing you. I just wanted to have a little fun with the situation and make a good impression on him. I'm normally not like that. I don't mean to impose upon you either. I did embellish how I feel about the state of my family but I do get pretty lonely at times and I really did enjoy spending time with you and your father. It was very refreshing. I sincerely want to get to know you better and be your friend. If you'd like I'll gladly help you with whatever needs doing around here. If you ever need help with anything in general feel free to ask me." His expression was serious yet soft and relaxed at the same time.
    Sayaka

Sayaka was unsure what to say.
    "Thank you." She finally said with a smile.

"Of my father... Well, it was a warning for such a reason. But I do not think you will change much of his behavior, for good or bad."

She put the sheets down for the futon.

"If you do stay here for a while, then you'll have to help with housework. I guess I will have to teach you how do it. But some of the things I must do are not 'housework,' but my 'job,' so I have to do that and cannot ask for help."

She stopped talking to think.

"Maybe you have never seen some of the rituals. If you want to go outside, it is not a problem to watch." She offered as she turned to leave.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure. I probably haven't. Maybe I could even thoroughly learn them and their significance at some point and assist you in them if they're what you refer to as your job. Every spiritual act suddenly becomes far more interesting after an otherworldly being tries to kill you," spoke Ken with a grin as he followed her out.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-10-08 at 10:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure. I probably haven't. Maybe I could even thoroughly learn them and their significance at some point and assist you in them if they're what you refer to as your job. Every spiritual act suddenly becomes far more interesting after an otherworldly being tries to kill you," spoke Ken with a grin as he followed her out.
    Spoiler
    Show

(Maybe it is good time to move for another day.)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Abel Estate]

Valeria picks a red one. "Thanks, Dr. Wallace..." She forces a smile. "Dad's off on business, so... Mom can probably take care of it, yeah? She has before..." Give how busy her father was, it was indeed true.
    Dr. Wallace

The doctor frowns at Val's comment on Mr. Abel, giving another shake of her head.

"Isn't right that a man is away from his family so often. He should make time for you and your mother." Dr. Wallace says a bit irately, even if he was a bit more knowledgeable about the reasons why Mr. Abel was away so often then most people. Still didn't make it right!

And with that thought in mind, he begins to pack up his various instruments until all of them had been replaced in the bag. Looking at Val contemplatively though...he abruptly reaches into his bag, pulls out a brightly colored object and opens it, launching several vividly colored serpents straight at her face!

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, before you ask Berry, they are made of cloth. He's determining what her reaction to this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Yuudai

"It seems to me like everyone in the world has some sort of power besides me." Yuudai thought to himself as he exited the bathroom with a sigh. And I totally just missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. Yuudai nonetheless pretended to be his usual overconfident self. "Oh, so we are going to see Sayaka after all?"

Yuudai's sisters, having gotten the tea ready and heard Yuudai's voice, walked up to Michiko and Yuudai. They then saw the open bathroom door, drew their own conclusions, and looked at the pair of teenagers.

"You can do so much better than him." The twins said to Michiko as they held out the tray of tea to Yuudai, shaking their heads.

"Hey, I didn't ask you two." Yuudai complained, taking the tea without so much as a "thank you." "Now go back to playing, or whatever it is you two do."

The sisters nodded, gave Michiko a look of disapproval, then left to their room.
    Michiko

The cold-eyed delinquent looks steadily at Yuudai as he asks his question, as if marveling at the sort of mind that could come up with that sort of inquiry.

"Yes, we are. Unless you know of some other resident 'monster' expert who can explain this sort of thing to us?" Michiko says sarcastically, prevented from continuing along that line of snarking by the sudden reappearance of the two little girls with trays of tea.

"..." She remains silent until the two begin to leave for their own room, face slowly turning purple as her hands tightened into fists.

"I'm not dating him!" She asserts firmly to their retreating backs, casting a side-long glare over at her second in command. Obviously this was his fault after all...for having sisters and for making her meet with him in such clearly suspicious ways.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

[School Grounds, Shinigami Patrol]

Hachriou blinks at Hasunaga's action, and then nearly roars in rage. However, he manages to control himself, and only sighs in exasparation as the insufferable mortal makes his exit. "Lets not linger here", he says wearily. "All through the gate! Hurry up!"

Nasumi gives a worried glance at Kazuma, as if to check he can surely stay on his own two feet. Then she nods at Alysha, and hoists Kyou from the ground. Without further words, she hurries through the Senkai gate, guided by a familiar and ever-diligent Hell Moth. Hopefully, Allan, Akio and Karite would follow the patrollers soon.

There'd still be many things to solve once they'd get in Seireitei, but the worst is over... or at least, so it seems...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

[Abel Estate]

Valeria jumps, so much so that she slides off the couch, rear hitting the ground forcefully. "Oww! Hey... it's not nice to play tricks..." The teenage girl pouts, yet manages a slight smile after a few moments. "Sorry, Dr. Wallace, just thinking about a lot lately... I'd like dad to come home more, too, but I understand... it's hard work helping to run a company and all..." Lost in thought again, she stands, and bows to Anthony. "Thank you, Dr. Wallace... see you again soon?"

After she gets a response, Val heads up to her room, leaving her mom to deal with her next appointment scheduling. She was acting a little odd... but not much different than any other teenage girl Anthony had seen before.

When she reaches her room, Valeria tiredly flops onto her bed, sighing. What am I...? It didn't seem like Dr. Wallace noticed anything different about me yet... It almost seems like I'm one of those monsters...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma tried his best not to be a burden on Nasumi, but his body was considerably more battered than he thought. Regardless, he didn't want to make her worry.

Hasunaga, in the meantime... was looking for where Akio and Elder were supposed to be battling. Needless to say, he couldn't tell for sure, so his progress was less steady than he liked.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Venti Buon

Rex scanned the crowd as he sipped his coffee, his height making it easy to see over everyone's heads. The pseudo-Hollow he'd met earlier was in deep conversation with a girl; he'd keep an eye on them. However, someone else caught his eye... a punkish-looking American girl who rather stood out, not least for possessing reiatsu. He wandered over to Beck.

"Hey there. I'm still kind of new in town... you're from Phoenix Town High School, right? I just transferred in and figured it'd be good to make some friends since there's a weird feeling in the air." He gave her a meaningful look.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

28. - Top - End - #238

She smiles at him reassuringly.

Then breaks the silence. "Did something happen last night? I was near the suburbs..."
    Sora begins to speak, saying,

"Well, I thi-"

Then he sneezed. Loudly.

Sniffling, he rubbed his nose, apologizing.

"Sorry, I think I have a cold. But no, nothing happened last night."

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [School Grounds, Shinigami Patrol]

Hachriou blinks at Hasunaga's action, and then nearly roars in rage. However, he manages to control himself, and only sighs in exasparation as the insufferable mortal makes his exit. "Lets not linger here", he says wearily. "All through the gate! Hurry up!"

Nasumi gives a worried glance at Kazuma, as if to check he can surely stay on his own two feet. Then she nods at Alysha, and hoists Kyou from the ground. Without further words, she hurries through the Senkai gate, guided by a familiar and ever-diligent Hell Moth. Hopefully, Allan, Akio and Karite would follow the patrollers soon.

There'd still be many things to solve once they'd get in Seireitei, but the worst is over... or at least, so it seems...
    Alysha helps Hachirou through, still worried about what all happened. But, she'd have to dwell on that later. First, she had to see to the injured.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

[Elsewhere...]

A black car pulls up in front of a burnt-down museum in Bordeaux, France. This unremarkable car, in such an otherwise unremarkable situation, shouldn't turn heads to any normal person... and yet the enormous gravity of the situation was high above most common knowledge.

After a few moments of parking, a tall, specter man steps out. Otherwise unremarkable, this shadow approaches the remains of the blackened repository for refined relics, a cigarette in his mouth, and blackened spectacles hiding his eyes. With slicked back, black hair, and no other notable mark than a scar leading from the bridge of his nose to the left bottom side of his chin, this man blended in with the crowd of media swarming outside the yellow tape.

For some time, he just stands there, taking in the questions around him. Who could have done this? How many casualties? Was anything stolen? The usual fare. Satisfied, he retreats back to the vicinity of his car, making a few phone calls. It had been confirmed that an artifact set to be sent to Phoenix City in Japan had been the only item stolen. Definitely odd... It didn't necessarily preclude supernatural involvement, but given certain parties interest in the city...

After finishing his business calls, the man brings one more number up on speed dial...

...some ways away, Valeria's cell-phone rings. After snapping out of her reverie, she slowly grabs it... then instantly picks up after seeing the caller ID. <Daddy?> She doesn't answer in japanese, but romanian.

<Hey, Princess. How was your first day of school? ...That was today, wasn't it?> Nero Abel lets out a short chuckle.

Her mood instantly lifted, Val responds with a happy tone. <It was great! We had to be let out because of some electrical issues, but otherwise, I loved it.>

<Well, that's good.> Nero manages a small smile. He was genuinely happy for his daughter... <...So, I take it the move went well, too?>

<Yeah, daddy. It's a really nice house. When will you be coming to see it?> Val frowns slightly, knowing not to get her hopes up...

<...Well. Actually. I've been given some time off. So, barring any last minute disasters... I'm taking a plane there tonight.>

The girl's expression lights up instantly. <Really!?>

<Yeah. So make sure the house is all ready for me, okay, princess? And tell your mom for me.>

<Okay!> Val certainly needed this after the stresses of the day.

<All right. I need to hang up now. See you in a day or so.>

<...Okay. Seeya, daddy. Love you.>

<Love you too, princess.> Nero hangs up, sighing before climbing back into the car and resuming his stone cold, unreadable expression. His driver looks back.

<Learn anything?>

<Nothing new. We're heading to Phoenix Town. Have some investigating to do. Airport.>

The driver nods, and immediately sets to driving. <...Really ought to see that 'family' of yours, as well, eh?> He is responded to with a cold, piercing glare that makes him shiver.

<You would do best to not abuse your clearance, agent.> Nero looks back to the passing buildings.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!