New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    Science has proven that raccoons have small brains and have difficulty concentrating.
    Oh and that they are extraordinary good lovers. Yeah. Especially that.
    And you wouldn't be biased at all, right?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    And you wouldn't be biased at all, right?
    absolutely not! We at R.A.K.K.O.O.N.S (Research for the Awareness of Kronichally Kute Outdoor Obsessed and Narrow-minded Species) have devoted ourselves to being as unbiased as possible. As part of this effort, we have made the Rakkoon as our mascot.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-02-18 at 12:45 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    absolutely not! We at R.A.K.K.O.O.N.S (Research for the Awareness of Kronichally Kute Outdoor Obsessed and Narrow-minded Species) have devoted ourselves to being as unbiased as possible. As part of this effort, we have made the Rakkoon as our mascot.
    ...you guys are in it for pr0n, aren't you?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #664
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...you guys are in it for pr0n, aren't you?
    Are prawns covered by R.A.K.K.O.O.N.S.? I think Kronichal Kuteness might be lacking there.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Are prawns covered by R.A.K.K.O.O.N.S.? I think Kronichal Kuteness might be lacking there.
    no. bunnies and penguins among others are though.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-02-18 at 01:21 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

What about Zombies? They are cute and cuddly
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

No, I think you are thinking of Zebras, not Zombies. I know they both begin with Z, but they are not quite the same.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think Zombies are cute and cuddly.

*huggles Sanity*

Can I keep him?

ED, your game looks as confusing and enjoyable as it always is. Count me in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669

FAO All Mafia Games I am In/Running:

I will be without internet for a couple of days, just thought you should know

Thanks

Grlump
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    ED, your game looks as confusing and enjoyable as it always is.
    Agreed, though I probably won't have time to play it.
    My only suggestion is making it clear the Fool can scry the disguised roles.

11. - Top - End - #671

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    I think Zombies are cute and cuddly.

*huggles Sanity*

Can I keep him?

ED, your game looks as confusing and enjoyable as it always is. Count me in.
    Nom nom nom... mmmm mime... tastes amazing. Cuddles gory body

Sure you can keep me
    I am alive!

It has been a very very long time.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Pixie in the Playground

Would someone with some Discworld-ian knowledge like to read my first draft game introduction and provide some critique?

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
    Would someone with some Discworld-ian knowledge like to read my first draft game introduction and provide some critique?
    If we only knew where it was... :P
    Above Us Only Sky

14. - Top - End - #674
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    If we only knew where it was... :P
    Well I wanted to PM it, you know, keep it secret for the big reveal? But I figure many eyes are better than two, or in my case four (don't ask, it was a strange accident with a band saw and some radioactive salamander DNA).

Note: The events inscribed contain possible spoilers. The setting of this is sometime after Unseen Academicals.

Discworld the Third: A series of Unseen Events

Spoiler
    Show
    Discworld! A strange, improbably* flat planet that spins on the backs of four elephants, who themselves stand on the shell of the star turtle Great A'tuin.

Ankh-Morpork! The largest city on the Disc! The Big Wahoonie! Two cities separated by the Ankh, a river whose gas-fires are a particularly beautiful shade of blue-green, and home to a million inhabitants.

The Unseen University! The Center of Magical learning on the entire Disc**! A place where the greatest minds in the world come together. Usually to butt heads.

Today, an octarine explosion escapes the confines of the High Energy Magic Building, and rapidly expands to cover the entire city before disappearing into the Sto Plains.

“BURSAR!” Archchancellor Ridcully slams open the door to his quarters and stalks down the hall towards his office.

“BURSAR!” The door to the office is locked, but soon shatters into flaming splinters as Ridcully applies a fireball to the lock.

The Bursar's office is covered in dust, and Ridcully remembers that Dr. Dinwiddie had taken a leave of absence, and someone else had taken over. He leaves the office and heads towards the source of the damage, the HEM building.

“STIBBONS!” He kicks the door down and almost slips in surprise. “What-”

“Err, hello, sir. I think I can explain.”

“You'd better get started.”

“Well, as you know, we have been using Hex to study new permutations of Magic. Trying to come up with new uses for old spells?”

Ridcully remains silence, a surprise for Stibbons as he usually asks questions. He must be really mad.

“Yes, um, so Hex has been basically casting the same spell over and over, faster than a human could, with slight differences each time- differences in the verbal, somatic, and even material components. But it looks like something happened that we weren't expecting.”

“You bet it did. What spell, Stibbons? Why do I look like-”

“Some bloke named Gary? Well, sir, it was Stacklady's Morphic Resonator. Only it was way more potent than normal.”

“So your thinking machine did this... assumingly to everyone in the city by the thaumic field that woke me up. Can it fix us?”

“With time I'm sure Hex can come up with a counterspell. I think.”

“Do it. Quickly. The Patrician is already going to be upset by this. Wait, somatic? As in hands?

TICK

On the Discworld, belief shapes ideas. And so Death (the personification, not the natural event) has forever been trying to become more human, TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THEM he says. So sometimes, he likes to take “little vacations”- which often end up going wrong. The dead, at least the more cunning ones, become aware of this, and several of the Disc's worst criminals use one of these vacations to escape Death's realm. They return to Ankh-Morpork to wreak havoc on those who caused their deaths- mainly Commander Vimes, but any members of the City Watch, or the population at large they could kill would just be an added bonus.

Sneaking into the city was easy, Vetinari's open gate policy meant that they weren't even searched. The six of them found a place to hide, still easy in a city whose population is bursting by applying some violence. After that, they spread out through the city, asking around and making their presence known. When the spell went off, they too were affected. But it works out great for them- not looking like a criminal was great, and looking the exact same as everyone else was even better.

And even though Death was out, that doesn't mean there are no supernatural forces at work:

“What is that, Mr. Tulip?”

“This? Dunno. That dwarf I scragged drew it before he died. I thought it looked –ing neat.”

“It looks like a eyeball with a tail. And it gives me the willies.”

“Listen, Teatime, I'll draw whatever the –ing I want, do you –ing understand?”

“That... was d'Eath, I believe. And if you are to address me, its pronounced Teh-ah-tim-eh.”

“Whatever,” Tulip finishes carving the symbol, kind of like an eyeball with a tail, onto the table, “it's still –ing art.” He dips his other hand into a small bag and comes up with a white powder.

Mr. Pin, or who they assume is Pin, sighs, without looking up. “Mr. Tulip, I believe that is just baking soda.”

* They say that whatever can happen- anywhere in the multiverse- does happen, somewhere. And that somewhere is usually the Discworld.

**There of course are two other centers for magical learning, Brazeneck College and Bugarup University, but the UU staff would argue the difference in preposition was quite important.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

All makes fine Discworldly sense, which is to say no sense at all. I'll be playing.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

16. - Top - End - #676

:D

Looks awesome. I shall be playing.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

A strange, improbably* flat planet
    Not that flat. More like funnel-shaped :P

backs of four elephants
    Five ;P

“BURSAR!” The door to the office is locked, but soon shatters into flaming splinters as Ridcully applies a fireball to the lock.
    Why he looks for him, again?

Also, I though Ridcully preferred explosive crossbow bolts.

They return to Ankh-Morpork to wreak havoc on those who caused their deaths- mainly Commander Vimes, but any members of the City Watch, or the population at large they could kill would just be an added bonus.

[...]

“What is that, Mr. Tulip?”

[...]

“Listen, Teatime, I'll draw whatever the –ing I want, do you –ing understand?”

[...]

Mr. Pin, or who they assume is Pin, sighs, without looking up.
    Um... I believe these gentlemen were not killed by the Watch, I don't even remember them meeting Watch.
    Above Us Only Sky

18. - Top - End - #678
    Pixie in the Playground

Not that flat. More like funnel-shaped :P

Five ;P
    All true... well there WERE five.

Why he looks for him, again?

Also, I though Ridcully preferred explosive crossbow bolts.
    Ridcully is always screaming for the Bursar, even if he knows the answer to the question he's going to ask. Plus, technically, by the events in UA, Ponder IS the Bursar.

Um... I believe these gentlemen were not killed by the Watch, I don't even remember them meeting Watch.
    True. Neither was Gilt technically. Nor d'Eath, now that I think about it. Okay, that specific fact will have to be changed.

Maybe I should add Done It Duncan to the Wolves. His only power is that when asked if he is a bad guy he has to say yes.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-02-20 at 12:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #679

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Okay and that's another reasons I can't stay away from this forum. Here, I'm not the silliest person around

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe I should add Done It Duncan to the Wolves. His only power is that when asked if he is a bad guy he has to say yes.
    Do eet! >_<

And then give the role to Murska. He will still break the game somehow :P
    Above Us Only Sky

21. - Top - End - #681

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Are you a wolf?
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else
    <INSERT OVERLY COMPLICATED THEORY HERE>
    Yes, that is a possibility. Urist McBaner then.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #682

Actually I think this would be a nice villager role
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683

Then you would have to restrict every player to asking one other player. Even with that, come to think of it, every single player could be asked if they are the bad guy day 1, and it would be way too underpowered.

An interesting version would be if a good PR and a bad guy had a role like that and had to say yes to anything they were asked.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

24. - Top - End - #684
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    Then you would have to restrict every player to asking one other player. Even with that, come to think of it, every single player could be asked if they are the bad guy day 1, and it would be way too underpowered.

An interesting version would be if a good PR and a bad guy had a role like that and had to say yes to anything they were asked.
    I'd say several good guys and one or two bad guys.

25. - Top - End - #685

That would work. I'd like to see a bunch of people running around saying 'yes' to everything!
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless some of these were villagers that would have been terribly unbalanced towards wolves.

Heck, even then it would have been unbalanced.
    Above Us Only Sky

27. - Top - End - #687
    Pixie in the Playground

Unless some of these were villagers that would have been terribly unbalanced towards wolves.

Heck, even then it would have been unbalanced.
    Not if everyone knows that some people have to say 'yes'. It's not like they autolynch when they do.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Not if everyone knows that some people have to say 'yes'. It's not like they autolynch when they do.
    Some people? Everyone knows these are good powerroles and one wolf so they will be reluctant to lynch them. Enter 1-3 more wolves who borrow their buddy's PM and also start saying 'yes' making it even harder for village.

And, of course, painting a big sign on good powerroles (who don't know each other) to wolves (who know which wolf has to say 'yes') is asking for slaughter.

Even if you throw villagers into it, all you've accomplished is more muddy water for wolves to hide in, and more knowledge to the only organized group in game.
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #689
    Pixie in the Playground

When can I start Recruiting???? Now?!?
    Last edited by Hipen3; 2011-02-20 at 09:20 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh and I need a Co narrator, Preferably Saposhiente.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.