Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31567172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2514

Thread: Old Ways IC

1. - Top - End - #2401
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Old Ways IC

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    "A place to call one's own is powerful magic indeed. Trust me, I know.

Mycah, Brandon, there must be something you would desire from your share..."

She waits only a few moments for an answer from the pair before addressing everyone else, "I will see to your requests as promptly as possible."

She withdraws gracefully leaving the group to discuss what they'd like to do next.

Brandon Bor

Bran says nothing. He just gives Natalya Bor a look as if to say, "What, I'm supposed to haggle with my own mother? Not going to sink so low."

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaera View Post
    ASH

"We should discuss each of our intentions for the following weeks between missions. I wasted the week last time, but we have plenty to keep ourselves busy this time.

"I think it'd be invaluable to seek training in our weapons and spells.
    "Also, if any of us thinks they'd want to, we could try to spread rumors about one of us to help them infiltrate the Fangs. As in, saying a precious gem went missing somewhere and no one knows who took it, but one of us saw a cloaked figure go into the inn via a back door. That kind of thing. Lure the Fangs out to recruit our volunteer.
    "And another thing. If we all continue to keep our goals the same, we should come up with a group name so that we may avoid being named by others things such as 'The Merry Band'. That would be an inaccurate name.
    "Oh, and if we cannot find anyone to identify those other two potions, we should go to the temple where Aleena would be and I'll test them there. That way, we can minimalize any potential threat they may cause."
    "Yeah, we're not that merry most of the time. It hurts when you laugh."

"Someone called Mycah and me some of Bost's Rangers earlier."

Bran shakes his head at the mention of infiltrating the Fangs. "That's a real bad idea. The volunteer could be killed at any time. I wouldn't like any one of us to risk his or her life so recklessly."

"If we do attempt to infiltrate the Fangs, I'd rather do so as a group, so at least we could fight together if we got discovered."

But Bran looks uneasy at the thought of lying and pretending his way into a bandit group. It would be Chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunamiatunzen1 View Post
    "Brandon, did you ever get your amulet checked for any magic? Maybe just in case it attracts the attention of a scrying spell from the Fangs?"

Although Artanis doubted the likelyhood, he did not want to be caught unawares if it could be helped.
    Bran examines the amulet again as it hangs at his neck. He shakes his head.

"No, it never occurred to me to check. It's just a gew-gaw."

2. - Top - End - #2402
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis merely sighed at Brandon's comment.

"In any case, I would get it checked. We might be able to turn it to our advantage."

Artanis, hearing of Ash's suggestion and Brandon's opinion, paused before speaking up.

"If it isn't too much trouble to you, I think all of you have made too much of a name for yourselves around here and as such-"

He looked pointedly around.

"Most of this group is going to be easily recognized due to the 'Bost's Rangers' title. I believe someone who has not been a part of this group until quite recently might have the best chance of getting into the Fangs."

He doesn't mention that they might have to do things they normally wouldn't do.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

3. - Top - End - #2403
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

"I was more thinking it'd be good to try and get someone invited into the Fangs. From there, we could intimidate our way through the ranks rather than risk a long term undercover operation.

The name 'Bost's Rangers' was a more on the fly title for us. I think it would be more accurate if we were all scouts and hunters of sorts. I'd suggest a more accurate name for us considering Lord Bost isn't the only one who may wish to employ our services around here in the future. How about 'The Vigilant Companions' or something like that?"

4. - Top - End - #2404
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis merely turned to Ash and replied evenly.

"That was how I was planning for our person to get in. Although, I am not sure about your intimidation scheme as there is sure to be someone in the Fangs who will become suspicious if we start ruffing people up."

Artanis had no knowledge that the Fangs were organized into seperate cells.

"Also, why do we have to decide on a name when we must go incognito? Is there any good reason for doing this?"
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

5. - Top - End - #2405
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

"Also, why do we have to decide on a name when we must go incognito? Is there any good reason for doing this?"
    "Actually, it's still inconclusive whether we will do that or not."
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-09-13 at 08:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #2406
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis merely shook his head.

"We're wasting time here. I shall make inquiries as to the whereabouts of the Fangs. Although if any of you could find an Invisibility spell, a Shield spell, or some other imitation, it would be greatly appreciated as they last long enough for a quick getaway and allows armor to be forgone."

He gestured to his plate mail.

"After all, you do not commonly see a thug dressed in a garb that could mistake one for a soldier."

At that he left the house and put his hood up, checking around the property in case he was followed to the Bor residence by those that would wish them harm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC 14: (1d20)[9]
    Yes, yes, Artanis is really paranoid about being followed.
    But hey, wouldn't you be if your next door neighbor could be a hired thug looking to get a quick pay raise?
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #2407
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran suddenly says, "Wait. I thought of something, ma." He looks surprised.

"Do you still have the shield you used to use when -you- were an adventurer? If it's better than the one I have, can I borrow it? Just borrow."

8. - Top - End - #2408
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, I say, Artanis! Hold on half a mo' - you can't just go off like that!" Talsarios looks around at the others, then decides to follow after the elf as he leaves. "We need to plan this sort of thing at least!"

9. - Top - End - #2409
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

Ash is happy someone else took it upon themselves to speak to Artanis.

She'll stay with the majority of the group and try to collaborate together on their intentions to come. If no one objects, she'll stick with "The Vigilant Companions" for a group name.

Ash will ask Talsarios to see if that Merlinda lady also knows anything about potions and see if she can identify the two remaining ones. (Unless this has already been researched and is not applicable anymore. Then, she'll just have to take them to the temple where she'll taste test them.)

If everyone's on board, she'll make sure each person has a way to be contacted or to contact her in the coming days in the case of a new mission or training exercises.

She'll make sure everyone is informed of their plans over the next couple weeks, given they don't make any progress with the problem of the Fangs. (Plans are mainly to train applicable skills and research the Fangs.) She'll also suggest that everyone try not to make enemies or a target of themselves by being too careless and that it'd be good to at least tell one of our companions of any intentions regarding this matter before proceeding.

10. - Top - End - #2410
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Bran also asks his mother to recommend to him a weapons trainer.

He says he can pay for the training himself; he just needs a referral.

11. - Top - End - #2411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alanna tells Ash that she plans to spend the next bit of time at the temple.
    "I'd like to do the rites to be an official priestess. Any of you guys can visit me whenever you want."
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #2412
    Titan in the Playground

"Might be worth training and arming those lads who wanted to join us."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

13. - Top - End - #2413
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Before Artanis goes haring off, Mycah will speak up in agreement with Brandon.
    "I think trying to get someone into the fangs is a really bad idea. I'm sure we can find out more about them without risking anyone that way, don't you think?"

"Mrs. Bor," he finally says, "CAN we afford a small house with that gem? It does seem like a good investment." If Ash thought it was a good idea, he figures, then it can't hurt to ask.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

14. - Top - End - #2414
    Ogre in the Playground

"Er, I say, chaps? Artanis seems to have gone off on his own." Talsarios steps back into the room after loosing sight of the elf.
    "He just didn't seem to pay me any attention... D'you think we should try to catch him up before he goes and tries to join the Fangs?"

15. - Top - End - #2415
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Koren n'Rhys View Post
    ..."Mrs. Bor," he finally says, "CAN we afford a small house with that gem? It does seem like a good investment." If Ash thought it was a good idea, he figures, then it can't hurt to ask.

"Yes, dear. Here in the western outskirts of town you could even get some land. In town, there are some nice houses with yards. I believe there's even some land on the east bank, near the old mill they've got running again."

---
    Ms. Bor tells Brandon he can take her shield when he heads out again. She gives him a puzzled look at his request for a weapons trainer, but she recovers quickly and points him in the direction of a family friend, Jarok, a town guardsman. The guardsman is willing to train any of Brandon's allies as well. If asked, he will provide basic training for the new recruits as well. (He can also tell Brandon that retainers are typically equipped and trained at the employer's expense and paid a modest salary, a few gold pieces a month.)

Lord Bost has a guard captain of his own to offer to his niece as a trainer.

---
    Ms. Bor tells Talsarios he will have her introduction to Merlinda and she would see about the other. She takes a moment to write out a note of introduction and seals it. "She will see you and perhaps help you with your next studies." Merlinda will receive the note with a smile and permits Talsarios to enter her tower. She queries him on his old master, his journey here, his adventures to date, and his intentions in the future. "What is it you would like to learn from me, young Alastor?"

---
    The potions can be identified without incident. One is a potion of undead control and the other a potion of strength.

---
    In the matter of a couple days, the talk of "Bost's Rangers" fades into discussions of more recent events, a sizeable ship arrived from down river with some fine goods from the capital, Specularum, for example, or another group of local heroes, The Tribe, seem to have fended off a minor incursion of goblins from the east.

---
    Within a couple days, Ms. Bor begins delivering on her promise, presenting Nathros with a dwarvencraft bardiche, once owned by Kor Rasdar ("The Grey General") of the Torkrest Clan, she says. That same day she presents Ashala with a set of full plate armor. While not as formfitted as armor worn by Lady Aleena, it was definitely designed for a female wearer.

Brandon will be given his mother's old shield, a largish metal shield emblazoned with two golden swords crossed and stylized golden stars. Alanna's request takes a few days longer, but a simple wooden box will appear at the temple for her.

Spoiler
    Show

Items:
    Nathros: Dwarvencraft bardiche +3 (dwarven polearm penalty magically removed)
    Ash: Platemail of Comfort +3 (can be worn as comfortably as normal clothing, including sleeping in it)
    Brandon: Shield of Courage +3 (wielder immune to fear type effects)
    Alanna: In the box is a bead on a chain, which allows the caster to cast cure serious wounds 1/day. Also two potions of Antidote (type 10), two potions of cure serious wounds, and two jars of Ointment of Soothing. There are also two bandages which, while not labeled, probably are very good at what bandages do.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-09-15 at 10:23 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

16. - Top - End - #2416
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis, who had gone out in search of the Fangs, began to search out the lower side of society, namely thugs, thieves, and criminals.

Might as well go from the bottom up.

He continually made inquiries about the Fangs and where the recruiter was.
    He also inquired about any rumors about Marie Takish and her whereabouts.
    However, he never let down his gaurd if he could help it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness DC 14: (1d20)[16]

Not sure if I need this roll but I'll do it anyways if it helps since there might be tight alleyways.
    Sneak indoors/caves DC 14: (1d20)[20]

In order to find them I assume I have to do this roll.
    Tracking DC 14: (1d20)[2]

Charisma check DC 8: (1d20)[1]
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

17. - Top - End - #2417
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH
    Lord Bost has a guard captain of his own to offer to his niece as a trainer.

---
    That same day she presents Ashala with a set of full plate armor. While not as formfitted as armor worn by Lady Aleena, it was definitely designed for a female wearer.

Spoiler
    Show

Items:
    Ash: Platemail of Comfort +3 (can be worn as comfortably as normal clothing, including sleeping in it)
    So long as she can clear it with the guard captain first, Ash will invite Mycah along to train and practice with her since they're both learning swordplay.

---

After Ash tries her new armor on, she twists about in it and rolls her shoulders back to feel its freedom. Her arms stick out a little at first, but then she tries to relax them more casually near her sides. She calmly lifts her legs up one at a time as though to go up stairs. Then she dares to do a backbend kickover and doesn't seem to have any trouble with it (she's trained in acrobatics). She stands up normal and nods affirmatively while straightening her cloak out a little. She is exceptionally pleased with her new armor.

18. - Top - End - #2418
    Titan in the Playground

"This is a mighty gift; now I wonder at what we have traded. Well, 'tis done, and maybe well done. You have my thanks and can rest assured that I will put this blade to the good use it was intended for."
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

19. - Top - End - #2419
    Ogre in the Playground

Ash will have picked up her old repaired armor from the smithy and paid her bill. She'll hold onto it for future recruits and leave it at the manor.

She will also make a point of finding and talking to the missing woman's father. She'll see if she can offer any aid on the matter or divulge any information as to her last known whereabouts.
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-09-15 at 11:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #2420
    Ogre in the Playground

[COLOR="Magenta"]Ms. Bor tells Talsarios he will have her introduction to Merlinda and she would see about the other. She takes a moment to write out a note of introduction and seals it. "She will see you and perhaps help you with your next studies." Merlinda will receive the note with a smile and permits Talsarios to enter her tower. She queries him on his old master, his journey here, his adventures to date, and his intentions in the future. "What is it you would like to learn from me, young Alastor?"
    Across town at Merlinda's tower, the Thyatian scholar puts aside his worries about Artanis and the Fangs for a moment to focus on the matter in hand.

Talsarios smiles, a little nervously, and begins what sounds like a short rehearsed speech.
    "Well, ma'am, I am - as you can no doubt tell from my accent - far from home, and I have progressed beyond what my teacher has taught me to date. I am certain I can now manifest spells of the second circle, but I have none in my spellbook. So it is that I asked Mrs Bor to introduce us, that I might seek aid from you.
    "I know you will use your judgement to choose spells that you deem most suitable to me, and I look forward to that. If I were to have free choice, I would like to unlock the power of ESP, and Web, and at a lowlier level, to learn the Analyse and Detect Magic spells."

He smiles again, and makes a small bow, finishing: "If my choices are poor, please guide me. I am at you service."

21. - Top - End - #2421

When Alanna receives the box, she shakes its bearer's hand profusely. "Thank you so very much!" she squeals. If Natalya Bor didn't deliver it in person, she'll add, "Be sure to pass along my thanks to Brandon's ma-- I mean, Mrs. Bor!"
    She'll take the box inside before examining its contents carefully. Uncertain as to what the gem, ointment, or potions of Antidote do, she'll seek out one of the other priests, or, if she can find one, a curate, and ask him or her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What exactly does the antidote do? Is it a catchall for any poison? Does the ointment cure damage or make Heal checks easier? I couldn't find any information on potions.
    Also, I loved the "probably very good at what bandages do" bit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #2422

RangerGuy

Mycah sees his friends presented with their array of fabulous items by Mrs. Bor. He sighs inwardly, realizing that his greed has netted him nothing. Bloody fool, he chides himself, a bit of success and now you've nothing but a big head to show for it. Serves you right... A house?! You couldn't just ask for a nice new bow, or something useful could you. You had to ask for a house.

As the group goes about it's business, he does as well, taking Ash up on her offer of joining her to train with Lord Bost's man. He'll ask her to help him choose a good sword beforehand.

In his free time, he'll continue to discreetly ask people he knows about the Fangs and see if it seems like their activity and recruiting has increased recently or has always been happening to some degree. He'll also try to learn more of Fogor Isle and where the girl might have disappeared to.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

23. - Top - End - #2423
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

With - hopefully not unbridled - eagerness, Ash helps Mycah choose the right sword for him.

If he seems down, after she gets her armor but he isn't talking about his new house yet, she'll try to reassure him.
    "Don't worry. I'm sure it just takes a little longer to make the arrangements for your new home.
    "She's done an excellent job on the rest of our things, from what I can tell. Alanna was very happy with her healing kit and I heard Nathros got that bardiche he was looking for. I have even received magically enchanted armor! Who would have guessed?

"She probably knows someone who owes her that can offer a house, so I'll bet it likely wouldn't even cost her a penny."
    With that, she'll rest/pat a gauntlet on his shoulder a little harder than usual (since it feels so much like natural clothing to her that it's hard to know how much to hold back).

Then she'll raise her arm as though a sword ought to be in it and like she's going to charge. Then she'll say, "Common! Let's see if we can save a damsel in distress!" That'd cheer anyone up, I'll venture.

Maybe Mycah can come along while she asks about the missing girl, or they can both split up to cover more ground (her first stop being the girl's father of course).

24. - Top - End - #2424
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Mycah's contacts are entirely fellow employee's of Lord Bost, most of whom work across the river from town. Lord Bost's house staff, who recognize him, can tell him that the Fangs do seem more active of late. Discussions in the marketplace often mention trouble down by the docks supposedly caused by the Fangs.

---
    One of the more healing-minded priests can tell her that the ointment is exceptionally good at healing burns and the bead, when worn, will allow Alanna to "cast" a more powerful healing spell once each day. The antidote is an anti-poison/toxin. Given it's origin as part of a powerful gift, it is likely a cure-all version. Some wounds simply do not stop bleeding, the bandages may help with that as well as probably facilitating healing somehow.

---
    Councilman Takish is taking no visitors at his upscale home on the northside of town, though mention of Lord Bost or, perhaps surprisingly, Ms. Bor, will gain Ash (and Mycah, if he accompanies her) an audience.

Councilman Takish explains that his daughter Marie is eighteen. She spent the first year after her Shearing in Specularum and when she ran out of funds, she returned to Threshold. She complains constantly about how dull it is and seems to have become a bit of a thrill-seeker. An off-duty guard was hired to follow her last week, and observed her visiting the Troll's Cave, a dingy, little bar in Fogor's Isle, the older, slummier part of Threshold. She flirted her way into drinks and seemed to be familiar with one of her drinking companions that evening. The councilman was hired the guard, Delcar, to follow Marie again another night, but he was unable to do so. She left home during the day, while the guard was on shift at the northgate, and never came home.

If asked about her friends, the councilman sighs, "She's pushed all her old friends away since she returned. I don't really know anymore."

It's been several days now since she's been gone. The councilman seems at a loss about how to react. He suspects she's merely left home and moved in with her new friends, and she's an adult who can do whatever she wants. But he also wonders whether any harm has come to her.

---
    After a few days of canvassing Fogor's Isle, Artanis has gained little to no information about the Fangs. Most just shoot him a sour glare and move on or tell him to move on. A few return the question with their own, "why would you go about bring that kind of trouble on yerself? I don't know nothin' about 'em and if I did, I'd keep my yap shut." A few professional talkers, like barkeeps or street urchins, can be bribed with small amounts of coins to tell Artanis that the Fangs are the new thieves guild in town, and they seem to be on the rise. "You don't find them, they find you" seems to be a common sentiment. A single appreciative bartender at the Hook Hand, a scummy fisherman's bar on the east side of the isle, mentions, "they run a tight ship, I reckon' or we'd know more about 'em. Seems like they get things done from what I hear." If pressed, he nods to his bouncers to escort Artanis out.

One evening, several days after his inquiry began, he finds himself in Threshold proper, heading for his night's lodging, when about a dozen rough-looking characters seem to be moving in on him from all sides. They're still several dozen feet away, but while they're trying to look casual, Artanis can tell they are closing in on him. Joint purpose, but not military precision, he'd notice.

The street behind him leads back to the dock, and ahead deeper into Threshold's market district, probably deserted at night. An alley leads off to the left, and a single open shop, a bar called the Nut, lies on his right.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-09-16 at 07:39 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

25. - Top - End - #2425
    Ogre in the Playground

Artanis, having grown ever frustrated by his inability to find any information, almost welcomed this encounter.

Hmmm... outnumbered very badly... they might be able to lead me to the Fangs. However, I can't take the chance that they're trying to... 'dispose' of me.
    My options are:
    Docks, no. Even if I could find a ship, I'd be cornered, I can't fight on all sides of me, and I can't swim very well.
    Market District, bad choice. I can't get lost easily since I would have to run, I can get ambushed easily, and this plate mail is difficult to run in.
    Alleyway, maybe. I can fight them off from only one side but I have no help to rely on.
    The Nut, chancey. I can get lost in there if there are any people there but I have almost no chance of escape unless there's a sudden bar fight...

After considering his options and seeing that the 'Elf Stalkers' didn't seem to be intent on letting him get away, he decided to go into the alley and see if there was a way out.

He ducked into the alleyway as indescreetly as he could, making sure to put as much room as he could between the alley's entrance and him, and quickly whispered the spell that would summon the invisible floating disc. He then prepared himself to recieve his 'visitors'.

As soon as they came into the alley, he greeted them, hood up, while beginning his gestures for a magic arrow.

"Does the night air have something in it tonight or is it just me? Because I swear that the moon is following me around too."

Spoiler
    Show
    If hostile intent is immediatly apparent he will make sure that the floating disc is in between him and the 'Elf Stalkers'. I hope I also made it clear that he was preparing his magic arrow spell to cast if they made any hostile moves.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2012-09-16 at 08:34 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

26. - Top - End - #2426
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

During the evening after sword training and talking to Councilman Takish on the second day, Ash (and Mycah/anyone else she bumps into) intends to prepare and then find that Troll's Cave bar in Fogor's Isle (District?). She'll dress in those nobles robes from her uncle's place once more, looking the innocent damsel role a little better. If Mycah came, she'd ask that he come separately so that no one that doesn't know any better would recognize them as part of a team. He should have his gear, of course, and she'd ask that he hold a couple of her things(sword, shield, money) for her in case she says the wrong thing and worse comes to worse. Then she'll head in and take a look around - grabbing a drink if people are chillin'.

Spoiler
    Show
    At Takish' place, Ash would have introduced herself as one of the Vigilant Companions, formerly under Lord Bost's employ and recently returned from a mission at the mines. Formerly A.K.A. "Bost's Rangers".

Spoiler
    Show
    In town adventures are fun!
    I imagine this would all be happening the same night as Artanis' encounter with the Fangs' boys.
    I used to have to deal with the gangs a lot when I played VTM - L.A. (P&P RPG) so I know their numbers and equipment would usually be their greatest asset.
    Last edited by Nevaera; 2012-09-16 at 09:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #2427
    Titan in the Playground

If Nathros happens to be out drinking in the area and noticed what is going on, he will help Artanis.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2012-09-16 at 09:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #2428

Alanna thanks the helpful priest and dons the bead, wearing it with her holy symbol. She returns everything to the box and carries it to her quarters. Afterward, she does whatever leisure activities are available with some of the acolytes.
    Going on adventures may be fun, but there's nothing like hanging out at the temple.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #2429

RangerGuy

Mycah seems to respond to Ash's encouragement and cheers up as they head off to find him a sword and get into some training.
    Maybe she's right, he reasons, though it seems like a little house would be easier to get than some magic armor or rare dwarven weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roland, I just marked off the gold for a normal sword at book price. Let me know if it should be something else.

He gladly joins her when she goes to see Councilman Takish, though he offers little to the conversation between nobles. When she makes the plans to visit the Trolls Cave, he'll agree, but with a bit of questioning.
    "I can carry a coin purse and your sword I suppose, but won't it seem odd to be lugging around a shield in town? To a bar? I mean, I will if you want, but..." He trails off, then adds "I can wear your sword for you and just use my daggers. They're still more comfortable, and probably better suited to a bar fight if there turns out to be trouble, right?"
    Last edited by Koren n'Rhys; 2012-09-17 at 09:37 AM.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

30. - Top - End - #2430
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran looks stunned at how good the shield is; he had never been allowed to touch it before. It had always hung in the place of honor above the Bor fireplace, along with his mother's old sword and spear.

"Wow, ma, thank you! I mean, Immortals, wow, wow, wow..."

Bran continues on in this vein, babbling like a lunatic.