New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Hide in Plain Sight at third level? I dunno ...

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    Hide in Plain Sight at third level? I dunno ...
    You have a point. Suggestions on how to make this ability good, scaling by level and still thematically appropriate?
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep the camo ability, and hust move the HiPS to later. Maybe 10 HD? Still pretty early, but thematically it should be early.

Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

4. - Top - End - #484

Daemon

Keep the camo ability, and hust move the HiPS to later. Maybe 10 HD? Still pretty early, but thematically it should be early.
    I'll make it 8 HD. That's after a Shadowdancer would get it, by 2HD.
    Last edited by Cogidubnus; 2010-10-14 at 02:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Stained Glass Golem: Okay... let's start from the top, shall we?
    First of all, no class skills. Let it be- I don't see any reason why it should have class skills.
    Second, no full BAB. Just give it +1 str every level. And then that you've done that, remove the other ability scores- maybe keep dexterity, as even though you could make an argument for it, you could make just as good an argument against it, and it doesn't have a dexterity bonus in the book, and while charisma may be thematically appropriate, well, it doesn't really have a use for it.
    Natural armor bonus goes on the 1st level ability.
    It should be able to run. That's an unnecessary restriction.
    Give it hp bonuses like every other construct here.
    There should be a hard and fast rule on armor. Either it can, and then it'll use the armor pricing for oddly shaped creatures, or it can't.
    Honestly, I'm of the opinion that, if anything, it would get a hide penalty. It's a big anthropomorphic hunk of highly reflective, very colorful material. Yeah, no.
    DR should be moved to 2nd level.
    Immunity to 2nd level spells is just lame. Just give it SR like I did the force golem.
    Meanwhile, I'd focus on its other elements- the slashing attacks, and the fast healing.
    Go ahead and increase the fast healing to 1/2 HD. Meanwhile, have the critical threat on the blades increase over the levels, starting at 19-20, and ending at 15-20. Let them be enchanted, maybe? Or count as adamantium, because they're so sharp? A free wounding enchantment? Increase critical multiplier? Allow criticals against things that normally don't allow them? Glass, after all, can get much, much sharper than plain steel.
    After that, work off of the dazzling- give it light and flare as SLAs at first level, then move up to sunlight, maybe a refluffed glitterdust or blindness spell, perhaps searing light eventually upgrading to sunbeam.
    Just some suggestions- take them as you will. If you can provide an argument against them, then don't use them.

Half-Fey: I think we've gimped that one enough! If you'd like, you can add in a choice of +1 charisma or +1 wisdom- shouldn't be too much. And after that, thumbs up! Looks good. I'll add it to the list.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

+1 Cha added.

I was getting better at this, why am I sucking so much lately?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #487

Daemon

I will implement several of these changes, but I do want to ask: what other Golems? I only see Iron and Force, and I intentionally didn't give it the same sort of toughness bonuses as that. I'm happy to do so if you think it's best.

Ed: and it has SR, that improves to add immunity to low-level spells, just like the iron golem.
    Last edited by Cogidubnus; 2010-10-14 at 03:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    I will implement several of these changes, but I do want to ask: what other Golems? I only see Iron and Force, and I intentionally didn't give it the same sort of toughness bonuses as that. I'm happy to do so if you think it's best.

Ed: and it has SR, that improves to add immunity to low-level spells, just like the iron golem.
    That's for all constructs- my predecessor even used it for his inevitable. It's to mitigate the lack of a static bonus to HP based on size.
    And the thing is, the Iron Golem's immunity to low-level spells is okay because it scales. By the time you hit 10th level, you'll be looking at that immunity to 1st and 2nd level spells and wonder why you're bothering to clutter up your sheet with it. That's why I just gave the force golems SR, even though they normally have magic immunity- I just gave them a higher SR than most other monsters.

+1 Cha added.

I was getting better at this, why am I sucking so much lately?
    I don't think you're sucking. Just, some classes are much harder to do than others. Some take a half an hour and it's good, some take several hours and a week's worth of criticism. See the Derro vs. the Marraenoloth. And it doesn't matter how many levels it has- the Reth Dekala still took me quite some time.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Unholy scion(template)

Spoiler
    Show
    HD= D8
    Special: Cannot be taken as a 1st level class. The creature must be evil, and cannot be an undead, construct, elemental or ooze.
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Unholy Scion Body, Lesser Unholy Magic

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Unholy Strike, Intermediate Unholy Magic

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Unholy Creature, Greater Unholy Magic[/table]
    Skills:4+int mod
    Class skills Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana) Knowledge (the planes), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot

Unholy Scion Body: The Unholy Scion becomes an outsider and gains the outsider traits (including 60' darkvision); unlike other monster classes, they do not lose their previous racial traits. It gains 2 claw attacks that deal 1d6+str mod damage; if the creature already has claw attacks, their damage increases by one step.

Unholy Magic: The Unholy Scion gains several spell like abilities, as shown on the table below. The save DCs for these SLAs are (10+1/2 HD+Cha mod).
    Spoiler
    Show
    ** this is only allowed if the base creature is an animal or magical beast.
    For Gate the unholy scion is only allowed to use the Planar Travel.

If they multiclasses for an divine class they can count its Unholy scion levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and granting new spell slots. So for example, an Unholy scion 3 who took 1 level of Favored soul could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. It wouldn't get the spell known and spell slots of a Favored soul 1-3 however.

Unholy strike:The unholy scion is able to infuse dark energy into his weapon. He gains an additional amount of profane damage based on his HD to all melee attacks & melee touch attacks.

Unholy creature An Unholy scion gains SR equal to 10+HD, as well as DR/Good or Magic equal to 1/2 HD. This becomes DR/Good and Magic at 10 HD. In addition, an Unholy Scion gains fast healing equal to half its HD, resistance to poison and mind affecting spells equal to its HD and resistance to fire, cold, electricity and acid equal to 1/2 its HD.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-15 at 03:37 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490

Daemon

Made quite a few changes to the Stained Glass Golem. Brass Golem is also mostly done, but I won't post that until Stained Glass and the Arrow Demon both get the Ok.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #491

I was just browsing through the listings here and happened upon the Death Knight PrC, which I love by the way, and noticed that with the Undead Followers feature my 9th level Death Knight could potentially be in charge of an infinite army of more and more powerful Death Knights, unless I read it wrong. (That is to say my 9th level could control an 18th who could control a 34th who controlls a 68th and so on ad nausium...) It propably wouldn't ever be a problem as it's the type of thing that lible to get a book thrown at your head, but I did think it was kinda a funny mental image.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Ishcumbeebeeda View Post
    I was just browsing through the listings here and happened upon the Death Knight PrC, which I love by the way, and noticed that with the Undead Followers feature my 9th level Death Knight could potentially be in charge of an infinite army of more and more powerful Death Knights, unless I read it wrong. (That is to say my 9th level could control an 18th who could control a 34th who controlls a 68th and so on ad nausium...) It propably wouldn't ever be a problem as it's the type of thing that lible to get a book thrown at your head, but I did think it was kinda a funny mental image.
    I made that class. Do you want me to change it? If yes, How?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    I made that class. Do you want me to change it? If yes, How?
    Oh no, not at all. Like I said, I like it a lot and that issue would never come up, since the DM wouldn't allow it. Also, I took the liberty of editing your earlier post of the Unholy Scion a bit, so as to put into more propper English. Er, well, American English at any rate; we haven't spoken porpper "Queen's English" in a long time. Also, I can't spell very well and this browser doesn't have a spellcheck, so it could probably still use a going over. Hope I didn't overstep any bounds, but ... you kinda asked.... plus I'm OCD and I'd like to be an editor. So yeah, sorry if I stepped on your toes, as the saying goes.

Unholy Scion(template)

HD= D8
    Special: This cannot be taken as a first level class and the base creature must be evil, and cannot be undead, a construct, an elemental or an ooze.
    Spoiler
    Show

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Unholy Scion Body, SLA

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Unholy Strike

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Unholy Creature [/table]
    Skills 4+int modifier Class skills Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge(arcana) Knowledge(the planes), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot

Unholy Scion Body: The Unholy scion can choose to become an outsider and gains outsider traits. They also gain 2 claw attacks that deal 1d6 damage for a medium creature. If they already have claw attacks from another source, they gain increased damage as if a size larger. They also gain a deflection bonus to AC of 1.

SLA: Unholy Scions get spell like abilities. The save DC is 10+1/2HD + cha modifier.
    Spoiler
    Show

If they multiclass into any divine spellcasting class Unholy Scion levels stack for the purpose of determining caster level and the learning of new spells/gaining of spell slots. For example, an Unholy Scion 3 who took 1 level of Favored Soul could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. They would not, however, get the spell known and spell slots of a Favored soul 3.

Unholy Strike: The unholy scion is able to infuse dark energy into his weapon. This damage is unholy damage which is determined by the HD of the Unholy Scion, as shown in the table below. This ability works with all melee attacks, as well as touch spells.

Unholy Creature : A Unholy scion gains SR equal to 10+HD, as well as DR(1/2HD)/good or magic, which becoms DR(1/2HD) good and magic once the Unholy Scion reaches 10 HD. In addition an Unholy Scion gains fast healing equal to half its HD, resistances to poison and mind affecting spells equal to its HD and resistances to fire, cold, electricity and acid equal to 1/2 its HD.

If my wording is bad for unholy strike. Please rewrite it, i dont know how else to write it.

14. - Top - End - #494

Ishcumbeebeeda, thank you very much for the edit. I really needed it. Also if anyone thinks that my english is bad then there allowed to edit my work like Ishcumbeebeeda.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-14 at 05:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

Ishcumbeebeeda, thank you very much for the edit. I really needed it. Also if anyone thinks that my english is bad then there allowed to edit my work like Ishcumbeebeeda.
    Oh good, I'm glad you didn't mind. I've really offended people that way before, so I was kinda worried. You're quite welcome. Particularly because I have a hard time not fixing things most of the time, lol.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Just looking through the classes, and I've discovered something buggy. The Flind Gnoll cannot take any level besides Gnoll in order to qualify for the PrC, but the shaman path advances spell casting classes ... how?

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Small detail that came to my attention recently while I was lurking around the recruitment section. The Anaxim was lacking its HD.

I added it in my original post for the anaxim (back in the end of the first thread) but there is nothing that can be done about Oslecamo's repost (in which he added those [really random] two epic levels)... So. Gorgon, you mind linking back to my original post? I never did like those two epic levels anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #498

Can I call dibs on the Black Dragon? I'm sure it can't be too hard. Just try to avoid the copy-pasta i'll invetably cook up :U

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

The thing is, though, that's a problem for me. I don't want any classes like that in my thread, and sadly, I don't have time to look over all the silly things my predecessor allowed.
    Anyways, I've been looking over the Death Knight, and it's a problem. It needs editing. Badly.

Oh no, not at all. Like I said, I like it a lot and that issue would never come up, since the DM wouldn't allow it.
    If you ever see anything like that, it is an issue. There are games beyond your own that these monster classes are meant for, and I don't want somebody to look at one monster class and think "Holy crap OMGWTFBBQ broken all monster classes are broken!" The ethergaunt has done enough damage already.

Just looking through the classes, and I've discovered something buggy. The Flind Gnoll cannot take any level besides Gnoll in order to qualify for the PrC, but the shaman path advances spell casting classes ... how?
    Look at the gnoll class very, very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Small detail that came to my attention recently while I was lurking around the recruitment section. The Anaxim was lacking its HD.

I added it in my original post for the anaxim (back in the end of the first thread) but there is nothing that can be done about Oslecamo's repost (in which he added those [really random] two epic levels)... So. Gorgon, you mind linking back to my original post? I never did like those two epic levels anyway.
    Sure, just link me to your original Anaxim post and I'll put that on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Can I call dibs on the Black Dragon? I'm sure it can't be too hard. Just try to avoid the copy-pasta i'll invetably cook up :U
    Go right ahead. I wouldn't advise it, though- it's piss easy to make a mediocre dragon, but it's devilishly tricky to make a good dragon.

Monkman: Just copy & paste this onto your post for the unholy scion and I'll add it to the list.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unholy scion(template)

Spoiler
    Show
    HD= D8
    Special: Cannot be taken as a 1st level class. The creature must be evil, and cannot be an undead, construct, elemental or ooze.

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Unholy Scion Body, Lesser Unholy Magic

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    | Unholy Strike, Intermediate Unholy Magic

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Unholy Creature, Greater Unholy Magic[/table]
    Skills:4+int mod
    Class skills Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana) Knowledge (the planes), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Spot

Unholy Scion Body: The Unholy Scion becomes an outsider and gains the outsider traits (including 60' darkvision); unlike other monster classes, they do not lose their previous racial traits. It gains 2 claw attacks that deal 1d6+str mod damage; if the creature already has claw attacks, their damage increases by one step.

Unholy Magic: The Unholy Scion gains several spell like abilities, as shown on the table below. The save DCs for these SLAs are (10+1/2 HD+Cha mod).
    Spoiler
    Show

If they multiclasses for an divine class they can count its Unholy scion levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and granting new spell slots. So for example, an Unholy scion 3 who took 1 level of Favored soul could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. It wouldn't get the spell known and spell slots of a Favored soul 1-3 however.

Unholy strike:The unholy scion is able to infuse dark energy into his weapon. He gains an additional amount of profane damage based on his HD to all melee attacks & melee touch attacks.

Unholy creature An Unholy scion gains SR equal to 10+HD, as well as DR/Good or Magic equal to 1/2 HD. This becomes DR/Good and Magic at 10 HD. In addition, an Unholy Scion gains fast healing equal to half its HD, resistance to poison and mind affecting spells equal to its HD and resistance to fire, cold, electricity and acid equal to 1/2 its HD.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-15 at 10:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500

Specified a little on Dream Larva, the previous Dreamcrafter would have allowed a Dream Larva and a level 1 commoner to just sleep in a cave for thirty years, then impose a -1,000 morale penalty on all creatures in the world and kill everyone. Now you can't steal the same person's dream for the same check. Just waiting for the full critique.

Also, should I add some fluff about the Dream Larva?
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

21. - Top - End - #501

eek Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Here I gooooooo......

Black Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Black Dragon body, Arcane blood
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Acid Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3| Blindsense 60 feets, Str+1, Con+1
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Wings, +1 Str, Home Conversion
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Create/destroy water,
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Darkness, +1 Str.
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| +1 Cha, +1 Con, Caustic Arcana
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Tail slap, Growth
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| Plant Growth, +1 Cha
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | +1 Str, +1 Con, Insect Plague
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Arcane Skin, +1 Cha, Acidic Nightmare
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Iron Scales, +1 Str, +1 Con
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| +1 Cha, Grim Withering, Twisted Mind (WIS Damage)
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Frightful presence, crush.
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| +1 Cha, One with the Depths
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| +1 str, +1 con, Growth, Caustic Lord of Water
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | +1 Cha, Drenched in Acid
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | +1 con, Vicious Withering, Twisted Mind (WIS Drain)
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11| +1 Str, Acid Rain
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Kaizer of the Murky Depths, +1 Str, +1 Con

[/TABLE]
    4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Concentration, Climb, Jump, Spot, Listen, Appraise, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Spellcraft, Swim.

Proficiencies: A Black Dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Black dragon Body:
    The Black Dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, Water subtype, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 base speed, a swim speed equal to half his land speed and is medium sized. He can cast all spells, breath, and use his breath weapon while underwater indefinitly. The black dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Black dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the blue dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The black dragon is immune to acid. It has no particular vulnerablility.

Arcane Blood:
    A black dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorceror and takes his spells known from the sorceror/wizard spell list.

If it multiclasses as a bard it's spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If it multiclasses as a sorceror it counts as already having sorceror casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorceror casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorceror would count as already having 1 level of sorceror and gains the spell slots and spells known that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spells known from the 1st level of sorceror. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorceror would count as having 14 levels of sorceror(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spells known that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spells known that a sorceror gets from level 1 to 13. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorceror.

If a dragon takes a casting prc, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorceror. So a dragon 10/loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorceror (he would still receive spell slots and spells knowns from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spell knowns from a sorceror 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Keen senses:The black dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Acid Breath:
    At 2nd level the black dragon can fire a line 60 feet dealing 1d6 acid damage/HD with DC ref of 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier for half every 1d4 turns. Line increases by 10 feets with each extra HD the player takes from here.

Blindsense:
    As the normal ability, range 60 feets.

Ability score increase:
    The black dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

{table]Level | Bonus gained
    3| Str+1, Con+1
    4 | +1 Str
    5| None
    6|+1 Str,
    7| +1 Cha, +1 Con
    9| +1 Cha
    10| +1 Str, +1 Con
    11| +1 Cha
    12| +1 Str, +1 Con
    13| +1 Cha
    15| +1 Cha
    16| +1 str, +1 con
    17| +1 Cha
    18| +1 str
    19 | +1 Str
    20| +1 Str, +1 Con

[/table]

Home Conversion (SLA): At 4th level, the Black Dragon, after long travelling (Or a wish to impove it's home), fgures out how to drag the swamp to it. As a standard action, a Black Dragon may expend one of it's readied spells to turn all ground in a radius equal to the expended spell*10 into either a marshy bog (Difficult Terrain that does not affect Black Dragons), or a pool of boggy water (Treat as a small pool 20ft deep). If you use this ability to create a pool, you may use Acidic Nightmare on the entire pool instead of it's normal range, and the acid lasts for HD/4 rounds instead.

Wings:
    At 4th level the Black Dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 feets per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase, but players can take any feat that increases it. Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural atack dealing 1d4 damage.

Create/Destroy Water (Sp)A black dragon of 5th level can use this ability three times per day. It works like the create water spell, except that the dragon can decide to destroy water instead of creating it, which automatically spoils unattended liquids containing water. Magic items (such as potions) and items in a creature’s possession must succeed on a Will save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s frightful presence) or be ruined. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.

Black dragon SLAs:
    At 6th level Darkness 1/day for each 3 HD.

At 9th level Plant Growth 1/day for each 5 HD.

At 10th level Insect Plague 1/day for each 6HD.

Grim Withering (Ex):
    A black dragon's face withers over time, making it seem more skeletal. Although this doesn't affect the black dragon, it puts fear into all his enemies. Any enemies of the Black Dragon who can see the dragon must make a will save or take a -1 morale penalty to attack rolls for 5 rounds.

Twisted Mind (Ex): A Black Dragon tends to be a bit vicious, even for Chromatic Dragons. This is reflected in their minds, which are not pleasant to be read. If the Black Dragon is affected by a mind affecting spell, the originator of the effect takes one point of WIS Damage, (will save to negate) The spell still affects the Dragon, and he may elect to not do damage, if he so wishes his mind to be peered into. Also, as a full round action, the Black Dragon may force it's mind's images apon every living creature within 20ft. Everyone within the 20ft must make a will save or take WIS damage as if they had tried to peer into the Black Dragon's mind. If you deal WIS damage in this way, you may not do so for 3 rounds. At 18th level, the 1 point of WIS damage listed becomes 2 points of WIS drain instead.

Caustic Arcana:
    At 7th and 16th levels the black dragon adds any spell with the [acid] descriptor of a level he can cast to his list of spells known.

Growth:At 8th level the black dragon grows to large size.
    At 16th level the black dragon grows to huge size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change acordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Tail slap:
    The black dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in acount large size).

Arcane skin:
    At 11th level the Black dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Acidic Nightmare: The black dragon's magic allows it to turn water into a special, foul acid. 3 times per day, if a Black Dragon would use it's Create/Destroy Water ability, he may instead turn all water within it's range into a special acid. It is like normal acid, only it even effects creatures immune to acid (Exept Black Dragons), and deals 2d6 damage if partially exposed (instead of 1d6). The acid created by this effect turns into harmless water at the beginning of the next round.

Iron Scales:
    At 12th level the Black dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD.

Caustic Lord of Water:
    At 12th level the Black dragon gains +2 on the caster level of any spells with the [Acid] descriptor, and +1 on the caster level of any spells with the [Water] descriptor it casts and those spells ignore any limits on caster level they may have.

Crush:
    The dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in acount huge size
    Spoiler
    Show
    This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1˝ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Frightful Presence:
    The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Enemies within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected enemy that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ˝ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, enemies with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

One with the Black Waters:
    At 15th level the black dragon's scales can absorb the light in such a way it perfectly mimics the swampy depths it normally lives in.

The black dragon can hide while swimming in open waters, or a lake/pool whitout actualy having anything to hide behind, and he gains a bonus on those hide checks equal to his HD.

Drenched in Acid:
    At 17th level, If the Black Dragon has taken damage in the last 3 rounds, it's acidic blood oozes out between it's scales as a protective measure. Anyone making a touch attack, natural attack, unarmed attack, or a melee attack on the Black Dragon while this effect is active takes HD/2 Acid damage (reflex damage to half).

Vicious Withering:
    At 18th level, the Black Dragon's face withers even more, turning it into a bloodcurdling sight. Anyone who sees the Black Dragon takes a -3 morale penalty to attack rolls (no save) for 5 rounds. This stacks with Grim Withering.

Acid Rain: Twice per day, an 19th level Black Dragon may taint the very skies at it's whims to spew poison like none other. As a standard action,
    the Black Dragon summons acidic clouds that cover all area within 100ft, centered at the Black Dragon (They stay where they are once summoned, however). Anyone who stays underneath these clouds for a whole round takes 4d6 acid damage (no save), and anyone in the air (via magical flight, ect.) takes double damage. These clouds last for a number of rounds equal to it's HD-5 before dissapating.

Kaizer of the Murky Depths: Once per day, while in a pool created by by it's Home Conversion ability, a Black Dragon of 20th level or higher may cast Wish as a 20th level Sorceror, once per day, with a halved XP cost. The Wish spell may only be used for the effects listed in the spells description. (Raising the Dead, Inherent boni, copying spells, etc.)
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-10-16 at 03:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    The thing is, though, that's a problem for me. I don't want any classes like that in my thread, and sadly, I don't have time to look over all the silly things my predecessor allowed.
    Anyways, I've been looking over the Death Knight, and it's a problem. It needs editing. Badly.

If you ever see anything like that, it is an issue. There are games beyond your own that these monster classes are meant for, and I don't want somebody to look at one monster class and think "Holy crap OMGWTFBBQ broken all monster classes are broken!" The ethergaunt has done enough damage already.
    Okay maybe I'm misinterpreting your intention, it is hard with just text and no voice, but this second part seems a bit on the unnecessarily hostile side to me. Obviously I realize that there are other games that these classes are meant for; all I was saying was that it didn't bother me and then gave my personal reasons. I made no mention of whether it would bother you, or anybody else. At any rate, I get your point and while I think you could have phrased it in a less antagonistic way I'll keep a lookout and mention anything else I notice. If I am just being too sensitive and did misconstrue your "tone," I apologize.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

He has a point, though. There are definitely some seriously broken classes mixed with some very well balanced ones. We ran the Gloom through the Epic gestalt game in the PbPs and, well... Let's just say it wasn't pretty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

24. - Top - End - #504

Daemon

Ok, so, any comments on the Glass Golem now?

The Brass one's ready once we've ironed out the creases in that. Hopefully I'll get better at this with practise.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505

Unholy scion is finished. Now off to doing evilz squirrelz(Skiurid MM4)

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Uh, anyone done Half Farspawn yet?

If not... I request it.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

27. - Top - End - #507

Skiurid
    HD=D4

Spoiler
    Show

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    | Skiurid Body,Sla,Weapon finesse+4 dex,-2 con[/table]

Skills: 6+intel modfier Class skills Balance,Cimb,Jump,Listen, Move Silently, Spot and Survival

Skiurid Body The Skiurid loses all other racial traits and bonuses and gains magical beast traits (Low Light Vision and Darkvision 60 feet.) It is a tiny sized and has a base speed of 30 feat. It has two natural claw attacks dealing 1d2+Str damage each, and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d3+1/2Str damage
    It does not have hands capable of fine manipulation, and cannot wield a weapon in either set of its paws.This creature does no know languages and cannot speak. It can learn languages as normal but it cannot speak them.

Sla: A Skiurid can cast Dimension door 1/Hd/day but w the max range is of 40ft+5ft/HD.
    It can also cast Darkness 1/3Hd a Day. This Sla fuctions as the normal darkness until the Skiurid attains it's 3Hd, at that moment,when inside the randius of the Sla,it starts to damage 1d6 cold damage/2Hd.
    The saves For this Sla are 10+1/2Hd+cha modfier, The Skiurid HD count as its caster level.

Weapon finesse The Skiurid gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat at level 1.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-16 at 12:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    It should be noted that she can only plane shift to the Atheneum, though it contains numerous portals.
    This seems far too complex to be worth detailing for a single class.

The other suggestions are good, but somebody else will have to do them. I have no clue what would be appropriate as I've never dealt with abilities like that.

I'm not quite done yet but I'm closer.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Firbolg in the Playground

I cast SUMMON GORGON!

The skeleton is done. Will you do me the honor of finishing Kyuubi's great work?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I cast SUMMON GORGON!

The skeleton is done. Will you do me the honor of finishing Kyuubi's great work?
    I meant your other suggestions. Not Gorgon's. I'm implementing his/her's right now to the best of my ability. I've just never worked with anything like that so I don't know what to do.

EDIT: I've done what I can, but this class is stumping me and I need to get to bed soon. Anybody else (Besides Gorgon. You get to your own stuff first.) want to try finishing it?

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+0 | +2 | Planar body, Tempest lash, +1 Int
    2|+1 |+ 0|+0 | +3 | Aligned Strike, SLAs
    3|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | fast healing, +1 strength,
    4|+ 3|+ 1|+1 | +4 | Infinite knowledge, SLAs +1 intelligence
    5|+ 3|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | fly speed,
    6|+ 4|+ 2|+2 | +5 |Growth, +1 strength, SLAs
    7|+ 5|+ 2|+2 | + 5| improved infinite knowledge, +1 intelligence
    8|+ 6|+ 2|+2 | +6 | Storm of visions,
    9|+ 6|+ 3|+ 3| +6 | Cloud of foresight+1 Strength
    10|+7 |+ 3|+3 | +7 | greater infinite knowledge, improved tempest lash, +1 intelligence
    11|+ 8| + 3|+ 3| +7 | Blindsight, SLAs,
    12|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | SLAS, +1 Strength
    13|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | Perfect Infinite Knowledge, +1 intelligence
    14|+ 10|+ 4|+4 | +9 | Home Plane, Plane shift
    15|+ 11|+5 |+ 5| +9 | Rejuvenation, +1 Strength, +1 intelligence
    [/table]
    Skills: 8+ int mod per level. Class skills: All skills are class skills

Proficiencies: Illurien isn't proficient with any weapons except her tempest lash and isn't proficient with any armor.

Features:

Outsider body: Illurien loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits, base (Basically darkvision 60 feet), Base move speed of 40 and In addition she gains the tempest lash SU ability and pointed knowledge.

Tempest lash: Illurien can use tempest lash as a standard action. The damage is equal to 1d8+strength modifier and she gets iterative attacks with the ability based on her BAB. At 10th level The lash deals 1d4 intelligence damage on a hit and she gains 5 temporary hit points for each point of intelligence she drains. These temporary hit points can not exceed her total hit points and go away at the end of the encounter.

If Illurien multiclasses for an arcane class she can count her levels in the Illurien class as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and getting new spell slots. So for example, if Illurien takes 3 levels of her class and takes 1 level of sorcerer could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. She wouldn't get the spells known and spell slots of a sorcerer 3 however. She would get the familiar ability, but Illurien levels wouldn't count for it.

+1 intelligence. Illurien gains a +1 bonus to her intelligence score at levels 1, 4, 7, 10, 13 and 15 for a total of +6 to her intelligence score at 13th level.

Aligned strike: At 2nd level, any weapon Illurien wields is treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

SLAs: At 2nd level Illurien gains the spells detect magic and read magic as SLAs 1/day per HD. At 4th level she gains identify as an SLA and she can use it 1/day per 2 HD, at 6th level she gains arcane sight and tongues as SLAs 1/day per 3HD as an At 10th level she gains the spell contanct other plane as an SLA 1/ day per 4 HD and At 12th level she gains legend lore and Analyze Dweomer as SLAs 1/day per 5 HD

Fast healing: At 3rd level Illurien gains fast healing equal to a third of her total hit dice.

Infinite Knowledge: Illurien can now use all that knowledge she stole and all the brains she ate to good use. A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier (minimum of 1), she may expend a move action to make a knowledge check against whatever she may be facing: local for monstrous humanoids, arcane for magical beasts and dragons, Architecture/Engineering for constructs, dungeoneering for aberrations & oozes, the planes for outsiders & elementals, nature for animals & fey, nobility & royalty for humanoids, and geography for giants. The DC of this knowledge check is 15. If she succeeds, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to attacks against the creature (or creatures, if there are multiple creatures of the same race). This bonus increases by an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 7th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to saves against the creature's abilities, plus an additional one for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 10th level, Illurien may instead grant +1d6 damage to attacks against the creature, plus an additional 1d6 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 13th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to AC against the creature's attacks, plus an additional one for every 10 points she succeeds by.
    Starting at 16th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to DCS of any ability used against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.

Flight: at 5th level Illurien gains a fly speed of 40 feet and good maneuverability. The flight increases to 60 at 10th level, 80 at 15th and 100 and 20th

Improved Planar Resistance: At 6th level Illurien gains acid resistance equal to her hit dice and damage reduction good equal to half her hit dice

Growth: at 6th level Illurien grows to large size.

Storm of visions SU: (At 8th level) The watery droplets that surround Illurien are the collected fragments of the knowledge she has accumulated. At the end of Each of Illurien's turns each enemy within 30 feet of her must succeed on a will save equal to 10+Half HD+ Charisma modifier. A successful save negates the effect but each creature in the area must make a new saving throw at the end of each of Illurien's turns. This is a mind affecting ability.

Cloud of Foresight SU: At 8th level, drawing on her boundless lore,Illurien uses her opponent's tendencies and desires against them. This causes her opponents to have a 20% miss chance against her.

Knowledge devotion: At 9th level Illurien gains Knowledge devotion as a bonus feat regardless of whether or not she meets the prerequisites.

Plane shift: At 14th level, Illurien can now cast plane shift as the spell 1/day per 4 HD.

Home Plane: At 14th level, Illurien gains her own “Ivory tower”, known as the Aethenaum Nefarious. The Aethenaum Nefarious is a library filled to the brim with forgotten knowledge and dark secrets. This library is located in the Outlands.

Rejuvenation: When Illurien would “die” she instead regenerates within the Aethenaum Nefarious in 2 days. However, she loses one level each time this happens.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-16 at 11:31 PM.