New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Pseudomesoamerica IC thread

After 8 days of travel on board House Montoya's unique light transport boat, Flying Fish, powered at any one time by 4 sorcerors and gliding gently above the waves, you at last come within sight of your destination, on the morning of the 9th day.

"We'll make port before long," he calls, "after which you'll need to consult with the Watchman. He'll have more instructions for you."

You all find yourselves on the top deck, watching the coastline rapidly approaching.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pseudomesoamerica IC thread

"Well fellow travelers, it seems we have finally arrived. I hope everyone is up for an adventure in the coming months."
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

"This is gonna be so awesome." said Emily cheerfully. "I wonder what we're gonna find."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Aemon

Aemon rolled his eyes as he listened to the others talk, trying to focus on the job at hand. The Montoya house was paying handsomely but already now he was having second thoughts, what with two eager novices almost literally jumping up and down like a pair of runts in anticipation of their 'adventure' he thought wryly to himself. This wasn't a game to him, nothing ever was, and that was perhaps one of the reasons the man, over fifty years of age still was alive to this day.

"I guess i better get this over with" he grumbled, turning to the others. "Unless you runts want to end up dead in a ditch somewhere i suggest we all introduce ourselves, working with strangers only ever lead to trouble." His steely eyes took turns to examine each and every member of the party before clearing his throat. "Ahem. . I'm Aemon, a swordsman of no small skill, except i don't use swords, just this" he said, his lips curling into a small smile as he held up an empty hand, only to have a long cruel looking dagger of blackened steel mysteriously appear in his hand in the blink of an eye. "Now, who would you be?" he finished, turning to the next person.
    Last edited by Mikka; 2010-10-02 at 12:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Emily
    "My name's Emily" said Emily, with a slight smile. "I'm an arcanist, and I sing too."
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-10-03 at 08:40 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kareen

At the word 'runt,' Kareen began to instinctively slip behind a barrel to hide, only to take a seat atop it when he realized what he was doing. Pulling the hood of his robe back with a defiant look on his face, he called out, " 'M Kareen, yer scout fer this venture. We all know how to play nice, right?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Daemon

The captain glances over at you. "I hope you can all work together. The Watchman really won't appreciate it if you can't. House Montoya doesn't appreciate its people fighting each other.'

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"As long as everyone learns to give proper respect, I'm sure we shall all get along just fine. If that is simply to much to ask, well.." Never quite finishing his statement, Carter simply continues to stare out to sea.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Otiana and Steadfast

"Now now, there's no need to be abrasive with one another. I'm sure that everyone here has something of worth to offer and will prove a valued member of the team."

Standing not far from the rest of the group, she smiled brightly as her hand absently stroked the head of the massive griffon she'd arrived with.

"My name is Otiana and I intend to see to it that everyone one of us returns home safe and sound. This handsome fellow is named Steadfast."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"He looks cute." said Emily with a smile, looking at Steadfast. "...does he like being petted?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh yes. He's very well behaved. You can pet him if you like."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

She smiled widely, going over and gently stroking the griffon.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

"PURRRRRRRRRR"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

She giggled, continuing.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Harker

With a yawn the biologist steps out from inside the cabin. There is something about him that immediately strikes as odd - not his clothes, nor his body, but the combination of the two. A long red scar runs down the left of his cheek. A tattoo of a dragon eating a demon is visible on his neck. He has a thick brow and a veiny neck, and burly eyes unused to look around as quickly as he is doing now.

And yet, he is dressed in the University standard for expeditions - a full academic gown that has been cut down to allow jungle-trekking, but still retaining much of its formality. There is a stiff collar, and a bowtie hanging off of a neck that looks half-strangled. Between two fingers that look practised at eye-gouging, he holds a teacup delicately, takes a sip, and breaks it as he tries to put it down.

"Damn! Apologies. It's this outfit; it's simply not the season in the execution lists for the dashing-swashbuckler kind of criminals, so this is all that was available." Carefully picking up the pieces of china and throwing them overboard, he turns and smiles. "Professor Harker Landeling. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Oooh, an ectabani gryphus!"

16. - Top - End - #16

Kareen:
    Kareen almost smiled when he saw the Academy man step out. While he couldn't quite put his finger on the difference between this man and the others, he knew full well the theory of the "Uncanny Valley," and he got the feeling that this man made his home right at the bottom. Nobody would worry too much about a goblin if this man was in the team.
    Last edited by Shade Kerrin; 2010-10-03 at 07:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Daemon

While you're all talking, the boat pulls in to the port. The captain waves you off the boat, pointing to a building inside the walled compound. "The Watchman's in there. You'll want to go speak to him directly."

When you enter the Watchman's headquarters:

Spoiler
    Show

You are greeted by a tall, thin man in mithril chainmail. "I'm the Watchman," he says. "We need to discuss a few things before you leave. Firstly, this box," he places a small case on his desk, "contains a complete cartography set, that will allow you to map out your progress. You will be paid for any maps you bring back to us.
    During your exploration, you are likely to find many rare and valuable treasures. I am liscenced to pay you for most finds, though especially valuable ones you will have to transport back to the House headquarters to sell there. To facilitate your rescuing of these treasures, here is a small pouch each. Each will carry up to 500lb in weight but will never weigh more than a pound. The necks will also stretch to just about any diameter. Remember - your job is threefold. First, to map the continent. Second, to bring back valubles. Thirdly, and importantly, however, you must also establish friendly trade links with any civilisations you can. I have a suggestion for a first task, but before I tell you it, are there any questions?"
    Behind the Watchman, you see a map on the wall. It appears to be the first explored section of this new continent.
    Last edited by Cogidubnus; 2010-10-04 at 03:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

She left Steadfast untied and sitting outside of the building as she and the rest of the party entered to meet this Watchman.

"Can you tell us anything about the native peoples? Are they naturally friendly or are they wary of strangers?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Daemon

"The few we've encountered seemed friendly enough, though no one understands their gibberish without magic. They brought us a few gifts, but it's been hard to get anything concrete out of them."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

"That's reassuring to hear. Last thing we want is hostile natives making a daunting task even more challenging. Might I ask where the nearest native settlement is located?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Kareen:
    Kareen moves to open the case, and check the contents.
    ""Methinks think I should carry this, 'nless any of you think you can compare to expert training..."

22. - Top - End - #22

Daemon

"Inside that case is a copy of the map on the wall. We've established a dirt road to the local fishing village, and there's a larger town on the other side of the river, but the fishermen denied us passage."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmmm, understood." She looks over at the rest of her companions, smiling once more.

"Anymore questions before we continue on our way?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm ready to go." said Emily brightly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Carter
    "Well, I'm ready to get going.. We should head out as soon as we can in my opinion.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

26. - Top - End - #26

Daemon

"Before you go, I have a suggestion as to your first business. We really could use friendly relations with that little town down there, so if you could find some way to make them accept us, that would be appreciated. We need a trading foothold here."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Carter
    "Would you rather be friendly with the larger town across the river, or the smaller one nearest here?"
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

28. - Top - End - #28

Daemon

"We think they're linked - the fishermen were keeping us from moving across to the other town, so it may be they work from the village and live in the town or something. Investigate and see what you can find out, and what they can offer us."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Carter
    "Alright will do, just thought maybe the reason you couldn't get across was that they are two different tribes. We'll see what we can establish for you.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Harker

Shuffling his feet in the background as they talked social politics, the Professor's eager (and borrowed) eyes squinted outside to the natural environment, already hoping to catch sight of some specimen. "I'm ready too," he volunteers, "though I think perhaps I won't be of the greatest use here; I am not, alas, what they call a people-person. And sometimes, what they call a person."