New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default nwn 2!

coming in june. any one else getting it
    &&Avatars By Ilover, The_Stoney_One, and TheSilverKnight&&&&http://www.marvelousworld.net/forum/index.php&&&&...(\\/)..&&<(X.x)-<< &&..(><)....&&member or the Destroy Bunny guild

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: nwn 2!

Probably. Once I get my new 'puter. This ol' laptop just won't be able to handle the fancy graphics and whatnot.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

found some screen shots http:/pc.ign.com/objects/674/674385.html
    &&Avatars By Ilover, The_Stoney_One, and TheSilverKnight&&&&http://www.marvelousworld.net/forum/index.php&&&&...(\\/)..&&<(X.x)-<< &&..(><)....&&member or the Destroy Bunny guild

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Absolutely not. The only reason I bought the first game was to support their decision to port to Linux. The fact that they're not porting the sequel means myself and quite some others are avoiding it like the plague. That being said, I wish they would port it as I didn't mind the first one and the online community was pretty descent.
    Kleedrac
    Who do you call if you are IT?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Yes I'm getting it, and dragon age. Sometime I think just for fun I should find their building here in edmonton and just see if I could get a tour. That would be so cool...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

I didn't see this post i started my own thinking nobody really new. but everybody here is probably a hardcore gamer so they didn't really need to know.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The graphics look great, that's for certain! Does anyone have any news about mechanics of gameplay or, my personal favorite of any game, the storyline?
    "Everything is better on fire."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I was a huge fan of the the Bioware release of NWN and KotOR, and I am guardedly hopeful for NWN II as the last hand-off from Bioware to Obsidian was less than I wished for, with the story being really hacked up at the end. The word is that LucasArts rushed it out the door, so as long as Wizards/Hasbro don't do the same NWN II should be great. Obsidian was a part of the greatness that was Black Isle, that did Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment and the other awesome D&D game and they have had extra time on NWN IIs, so it could be great

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Getting it
    Proud Member of the Roy Fanclub

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll get it, as long as two things about NWN 1 remain true.

1) It's gotta come out for mac, otherwise I would have some significant difficulties playing it

2) It has to have the same module building tools. Some of the best times I had playing it were in user created modules.
    "Well, late at night, when the people were gone, he used to pick up my guitar
    And sing a song in a shaky voice that was real as the day was long."
    - Neil Young, Tonight's the Night
    ----------
    Original, animated avatar (because it's not allowed anymore )
    More avatars from back in the day

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The NWVault has a good roundup of info here
    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...etail&id=1

As far as I know,t he toolset is still in, and the DM client too. The only problem is it is directx 9.0c only, meaning no Mac or Linux port :'(

13. - Top - End - #13

I'll probably pick it up at some point. Access to psionic characters would ensure that that point is sooner, of course, but nobody loves psionics.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I heard your just a villager in this town in this dangerous swamp and there a "mysterious" danger. sounds a bit cliche dont u think

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Ah, but something is a cliche only because it is used so often, and something is only used often if it works well. The difference is whether it is well-used or poorly-used, how good the follow-through is, and whether there's a bit of twist to it to make it different than one expects...
    "Everything is better on fire."

16. - Top - End - #16

DwarfClericGuy

The first NWN was an amazing game. I spent many an hour at the keyboard playing both the single-player campaign and then online with all the excellent homemade modules. I especially liked the builds of the old PnP modules like Pool of Radience.

I'll be buying NWN2 as soon as it's on the shelves.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

once I replace this bad old computer I have, I'm getting it right away. I loved NWN and all of its sequels. I never played much oniline, just a few modules, but they were very good.
    You're part of something larger now. It's like you've been eaten...by something larger.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

I have been playing NWN exclusively for about three years now. I will definitely be getting the new one when it comes out.

From the looks of it, pretty much everything is improved, including the toolset.
    Avatar has been edited (poorly) to reflect my new appearance.

(Note: ignore the previous statement if my avatar remains a Photobucket error message. If so, that is a poor approximation of my genuine appearance.)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

As soon as it comes out. I love mod making.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as it comes out for Mac...IF it does...and they'd better port the toolset to Mac too, unlike last time. >:(

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not a chance in hell, not unless there are significant changes to the engine. I don't care if it's a shift towards a more rules-set based engine or a shift towards more live action. The current mix and match engine strikes me as a poor man's RPG and a poor man's action game all rolled into one.

While the toolset certainly struck me as impressive way of building your own world, the engine on which the toolset runs is lackluster. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it were better planned.
    Gallery 1Gallery 2Gallery 3Make Avatars With MS Paint
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Simius for the Xill Bard, Abardam for the Gray Rendar, Sampi for the Memphit, Rex for the Aristocrat and Onasuma for the Bearded Devil!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: NeverWinter Nights 2!

First, I need to have a computer, a PC Gaming Rig, to be percise.

Then I am most definitely buying this game. It is actually through the forums on it that I learned about The Giant and this kick ass online comic.

The NEW developers, Obsidian Entertainment, have alot of respect for having team members that were involved with Fallout, Planescape, and Baldur's Gate. Next up, they have gained respect by posing Quality Assurance questions and answers to the community at large and especially their forum community. And it is a large community, there are still some active NWN1 servers and module builders many years after its initial release and the announcement of sequel development. Hardcore.

For the full scoop, you should check out three sites, depending on just how deep you want to explore the PC game development process:

The official site, just recently put online "officially" - http://www.atari.com/nwn2/

A bunch of hardcore fans keeping Atari and Obsidian on their toes, much to their delight - http://www.nwn2news.net/

And finally, the deluge of old and new ideas, rants, and ravings of fandom at another developer's place (Atari confusing, perish the thought) - http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/

Please note, I may have liberally sprinkled sarcasm and irony through-out the info provided, but I am serious in that I think this will be one sequel that is better than the first (Kinda like System Shock and System Shock 2 OR Half-Life and Half-Life 2). Especially The Toolset and The Official Campaign sloted for initial release.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

I deffinatly plan on getting it. It is going to be a vast improvemant from the first in all aspects and in fact it is litterally a different game as they've rewrote the engine.

I'll probablly play the OC, but my main interest is in the multiplayer aspect, DMing, and mod building!

Also, the sites posted from the above poster are deffinatly the best spots to find out info on the game. If anyone wants some quick quotes about different aspects of the game I've been compiling them on my forums here
    Play NwN? Planning on getting NwN2?Then check out my multiplayer mod: www.noreshia.com Rper's welcome!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

I plan on getting it too but I do hope the story is a bit more compelling. I'd like to see better factions too that a PC might align with - perhaps even various FR gods. I think it would be cool if there was a *major sidequest* that was somewhat connected to the main quest that your PC could interact with and such interaction would have a big impact on how they completed the main quest. I hope that made sense. Anyway, I think my other main point would be that I would like a less linear game but in no way would I want a sandbox game either.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll get this game when it hits the shelves. I can't wait.

The scalability factor is going to rock. Now I can actually make a giant stronghold look like giant stronghold.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll entirely ignore the SP, and focus on RPing in two persistent worlds, Brynsaar and Luskan.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of curiosity, was anybody else bothered by the character creation? I'm a big fan of rolling for your stats, especially if I'm going to be stuck without a party. You know how hard the first level of NWN is with a 1st level mage?
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos
    You know how hard the first level of NWN is with a 1st level mage?
    Yes, it's pathetically easy, thanks in large part to Summon Monster I summoning the rough equivalent of a level 2 or 3 fighter and lasting all day long. Add that to a panther familiar and a henchman, and you hardly have to do anything yourself. Just sit back and watch your trio of tanks slaughter the opposition.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

On easy, maybe. Of course, you can't get a henchman until after the prologue (which is what I was calling the first level, silly me). On harder difficulties, it can be very annoying, especially if you get hit with a magic missle, or the prison's sorcerer's fireball (which can wipe you out even on easy).
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by douglas
    Yes, it's pathetically easy, thanks in large part to Summon Monster I summoning the rough equivalent of a level 2 or 3 fighter and lasting all day long. Add that to a panther familiar and a henchman, and you hardly have to do anything yourself. Just sit back and watch your trio of tanks slaughter the opposition.
    Yeah, I did that with a druid. Between my bear or dire wolf (I tended to switch them up between levels), my summoned monster/elemental, and Tomi (for thiefy goodness), I rarely got scratched. Best of all, I could cast heals too.

I don't know how powerful my character actually was compared to other classes, but it certainly felt abusive.