New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXI

Ermine is taken along. But she manages to throw a wink Dexter's way before this.

"Stabbin' fer tha royalties? Good ting I brought me guns."

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Dexter tips his hat to the crowd and steps through...

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Halfling in the Playground

Oddly enough, that's exactly what Felix was planning on doing...with the slight addition that he was going to follow the wounded man for a while to make sure he's alright. However, since the captain is currently in deadtime, Felix gets stuck in the stuff as well, just having time to mutter "I wear bone armour. I cast the spell from a bone. I'm not a healer!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Another Riv (not the same one) teleports into Trog's, levels his death-ray at Captain Tobias and fires. Twice.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

((Tobias is behind the bar and severely injured. And if this is a different Riv, there's no reason he would know where Tobias is))
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #1146

(All the Riv's know what any ofthem kow, as they're all the same Riv from different times in his essentially eternal life. Feel free to say you survive the attack, this death-ray isn't to powerfull.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Aha! Anyway, picking up where we left off, Felix is currently trying to put a more powerful healing spell into Tobias.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Fortunately for Tobias, Trog's Bar is made out of triple-re-enforced high-density Balsawood, making it nigh impervious to damage.

As the healing magic washes over his body, he gasps for breath, starts to sit up..

But decides to stay down instead, checking his gun instinctively and filling the handle with a pair of fresh bullets.

"He's STILL here? I thought for sure he was gone."
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149

Right. Now tht you're awake. Riv flicks a switch on the gun he's using, hich looks somewhat like a semi-auto shotgun wih two barrels stacked one on top of the other, and a light switches from red o freen on the lower barrel. Riv fires the gun and massive explosive round fires over the bar, then splits into eight more explosive rounds, falling straight towards Tobias and Felix!

10. - Top - End - #1150

"Look, whoever you are, you need to get out of here before that idiot decides to duel someone else over whether you should live or die." Felix is quite sick of the silly duels and bets and whatever else has been going on that's connected to people killing each other.

Aaaand now the attempts at killing resume. Felix gestures with his staff, causing a vast dome of earth to form, bursting through the ground, to protect him and Tobias.
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2010-10-14 at 10:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

((ThirdEmperor...your character is, quite honestly, far too overpowered. And transferring knowledge from one plotclone to another is...
    You really should start out with Young!Riv as a much less powerful character, and work your way up.))

Val lays unconsious where she fell.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    So Llamanade and...
    Drew tilts his head a little,
    What's good to eat here?
    "Bamhacon...is good stuff. Very good." Marcie giggles.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1152

As the bullets have slit again for a total of sixty-four, each with the explosive power of a frag grenade, the earth dome is probably completely destoyed, although it does manage to protect you from the grenades.

13. - Top - End - #1153

(You think? I don't know, everyone I've fought is way more powerfull than me, nd pretty much all I can do is make things go boom. Maybe the clone knowledge is a bit much though.)

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Chris looks at her. "I could."

"Mind you, I'm not a very good guide, since I don't know what all there is here. But, I do know a good layout of Inside. Anything you would want to find shouldn't be too hard to find."
    Chumley sticks her tounge out. Drains her beer. Well, I hardly know what to look for, do I? But I certainly wouldn't mind a tour, if you're okay with that.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Chumley sticks her tounge out. Drains her beer. Well, I hardly know what to look for, do I? But I certainly wouldn't mind a tour, if you're okay with that.
    Chris nods his head and downs his drink. "Alright then. I'm cool with it. I'm kinda in hiding anyways." He then stands up, leaving a plot-clone behind just in case. "So, anything you want to check out first on our tour?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as the shield falls, Tobias stands up.

The hammer on his gun is cocked back as far as it will go.

Now, those of you who remember his fight against Rot remember what sort of power this gun has when it is cocked all the way back. For those of you who do not, let us put it like this. Rot's body was blown nearly in half, forming a neat hole at the very center of his body. A considerable chunk of the concrete exploded from the sheer force of the blast.

A modern day tank would likely be blown open if a shot like this hit. It is the sort of shot meant to tear open the hulls of freighters guarded by magical shielding.

"Alright friend, so I killed you once, you killed me once. Now that we're even, how about we call it a draw and call it a day? No fights to the death, no deals for power and/or protection of the innocent. Not a damn thing except you and I going about not killing each other like civilized human beings?"

"Because I think it should by now be abundantly clear that we do not much tolerate your kind of behavior in these parts, and while I'm all for a good tussle every now and again, totally needless violence is not on the list of things I appreciate. You'll understand then why I had to defend poor Len there from being set on fire."

"So, let me repeat myself. Put your DAMN guns DOWN!"
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157

Felix sighs and prepares to raise another earth shield if Riv fires again. Meanwhile, one of the three gems circling his staff slows to a stop and dulls slightly. "I don't think we can reason with this crazed lunatic. Might I suggest we just escape instead? I can get us out of here, I think."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

"And leave everyone else's lives in the hands of this crazy lunatic?"

"I don't think so."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Chris nods his head and downs his drink. "Alright then. I'm cool with it. I'm kinda in hiding anyways." He then stands up, leaving a plot-clone behind just in case. "So, anything you want to check out first on our tour?"
    *contemplation*
    Er, anywhere I can crash for free? All I have in terms of cash is this bag of bottle caps and a case of El-p mix tapes...

Yes. In Chumley's world, El-p mixtapes are the only form of cash aside from bottle caps.

20. - Top - End - #1160

"He just set off a ridiculous number of explosions, I'm surprised anyone is still alive at all!" Indeed, the force of 64 grenades has destroyed most of the tavern, killed pretty much all of the NPC patrons who were enjoying their food and drink, and generally left the place in a complete and utter mess. "The crazy lunatic has done quite enough without us staying hear to encourage him to use that ridiculous weapon again!"

21. - Top - End - #1161

You've made your point, now I'll make mine. I did not attacl your friend, he attacked a sentient creature and tried to kill ot, so I stopped him, setting him on fire was merely a way to wake him up so w could finiah or duel. That is all. As for needless violence? To bad, it's fun, I like deatroying buildings, I like causing havoc and I like making things go boom. And I have never once killed anyone. You on the other hand shot me through the brain eithout even asking why I was doing what I was doing. In short? You're a dead man.

With this Riv raises his gun to his shoulder, aims at Tobias, and fires, the bullet splitting into 64 before it leaves the barrel, accompanied by a rayof superheated particles moving at the speed of light.

(Come on! Counter with something equally awesome!)

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Orc in the Playground

*contemplation*
    Er, anywhere I can crash for free? All I have in terms of cash is this bag of bottle caps and a case of El-p mix tapes...

Yes. In Chumley's world, El-p mixtapes are the only form of cash aside from bottle caps.
    So her world is a funkier version of Fallout?

Chris nods his head. "I know of one. HALO. But...I'm kinda hiding from there. I've got some personal problems over there."

"If you want, there's a hotel. I can pay for a few night's stay. Money's no object."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Pixie in the Playground

A uniformed soldier strolls into the bar. He is wearing a starched jungle camo Battle Dress Uniform. His trousers are tucked into his boots which shine with a luster so bright it is nearly blinding. The man's other features are indistinguishable spare his piercing blue eyes which see all and nothing. He glances from side to side as he enters then proceeds to the bar to order a drink, obviously unaware of the events occurring around him. A nameplate is attached to his uniform. It reads, "Alexander."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

Val, meanwhile, sits up, as a SEP field clicks on around her, and she takes a seat at a table to wait on Captain Tobias to join her.

((Sorry, but not all of us want to have to have our characters be OMGWTFBBQ in order to survive.))
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-10-14 at 11:31 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

((Considering I can't play Fallout without wanting to blast El-p, I thought it was appropriate. ))

Chumley nods sagely. Fair 'nuff, fair 'nuff. ((What about GLoG?))

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Orc in the Playground

((Considering I can't play Fallout without wanting to blast El-p, I thought it was appropriate. ))

Chumley nods sagely. Fair 'nuff, fair 'nuff. ((What about GLoG?))
    ((Not sure...let's find out!))

Chris then thinks for a second. "However...I might know another place that you can stay for free. This place called GLoG. Good people, from what I can see. Let's see if we can't get you a place to crash there, eh?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Pixie in the Playground

Eventually Alexander notices the massive destruction from the brawl in the tavern. He responds to this situation by looking to the barkeep and ordering, "More mead."

28. - Top - End - #1168

Having decided that this has got far too ridiculous and way beyond anything he can deal with, Felix uses his staff to burrow underground and out of Trog's, muttering about careless people blowing up the whole of the tavern with their ridiculous weaponry.

It's a good thing there's a fix-it button to repair all the damage, but the NPC corpses...or what little remains of them after 128 explosions...will take ages to clean up.

29. - Top - End - #1169

(I honestly don't know if my character is overpowered, the first thread I read had exalted, messengers of the gods and person capable of mind-controllign anyone. My character seemed to be below the average power level at that point, and the only major lower increase is that it now takes moee than one bullet to kill him. I dunno, is my character seriously overpowered compared to that stuff? Seeing as it would only take a grenade or somethjng to put him down, I'm not sure.)

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

((Not sure...let's find out!))

Chris then thinks for a second. "However...I might know another place that you can stay for free. This place called GLoG. Good people, from what I can see. Let's see if we can't get you a place to crash there, eh?"
    Sounds funky. Chumley hops up, remembers she can't pay for her beer, and mutters something along the lines of Erm, shall we continue this conversation outside? Then she bolts.

((Wanna skip straight to GLoG?))