New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

Genoveva

"'hat's de matter Pico? Ah ain't allowed in yer sector or something?" the Primera says simply enough, giving a knowing glance at Ivaz about her comments of not starting things. Nor is Rouga's invitation missed either though it takes her longer to respond to that. "...Sure, 'hy not?"

Apolinar's question and apperance doesn't seem to phase her much either, though it does make her grin.

"Ah am doin' me job here. 'on't blame mah cause ya don't know 'hat mah job is."

==================

Amada

Forgotten in the craziness that had resulted from the brawl, not hard considering she had been blown backwards by the bala and had only just now regained her feet, glowers at Pico. The middle of a fight and he was thinking about booze?

Jeez...he won't advance anywhere at this rate! Heck, he'll be lucky to survive being demoted into a Privaron Espada.

With a sigh she turns to head back to her own rooms. "Sure, why not go drinking with a guy who just tried to kill you? Should make for a great story...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

The balcony creaks ominously but doesn't look like it'll give any further, fortunately for Pico's alcohol. Apolinar is now advancing up the balcony towards Rouga, step by enraged step.

"You will not speak to me like that, you son of a bitch!"

When angered, men like Apolinar often thought with whatever was at hand, rather than their heads. So it was that he grabbed a crate of vodka and booted it at both of the other two on the balcony. Oh, and then he hits the pooling alcohol with a Bala.

Which sets it on fire.

Next to many other crates of booze.

Really hasn't thought this one through, has he?
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

"AAAAAAAAAHHH!!! QUICK, PUT OUT THE FIRE!!" Rouga rushed over next to the crates.

He was set on fire in the process, but didn't seem to feel anything as he tried to save the booze.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

He takes a step or two back away from Genoveva as she enters the scene. "Nothing wrong, just unexpected."

Pico's eyes then open wider than saucers as the booze lights on fire. "MY NEW BOOZE!!!" He then sonidos all over the place, the only signs that he's there being an electric whine followed by a distinct lack of a few crates. After the booze is all out, he tries to fan out the flames with a sonido, or at least direct it out of the balcony. The whole time, he's ranting about all sorts of stuff that can pretty much be summed up in what's below.

"YOU SONUVA*****! YOU'RE SCREWING UP THE BALCONY!! AND YOU'RE BURNING ALL OF MY BOOZE, YOU HEARTLESS STUCK-UP GLORIFIED MEGAPHONE!! AFTER THIS, YOU'RE DEAD!!"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

At this point, Ivaz is bent over laughing. This whole scene is just too much for her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    He takes a step or two back away from Genoveva as she enters the scene. "Nothing wrong, just unexpected."

Pico's eyes then open wider than saucers as the booze lights on fire. "MY NEW BOOZE!!!" He then sonidos all over the place, the only signs that he's there being an electric whine followed by a distinct lack of a few crates. After the booze is all out, he tries to fan out the flames with a sonido, or at least direct it out of the balcony. The whole time, he's ranting about all sorts of stuff that can pretty much be summed up in what's below.

"YOU SONUVA*****! YOU'RE SCREWING UP THE BALCONY!! AND YOU'RE BURNING ALL OF MY BOOZE, YOU HEARTLESS STUCK-UP GLORIFIED MEGAPHONE!! AFTER THIS, YOU'RE DEAD!!"
    "AND I'LL HELP YOU!!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

A brownish organic mass reaches Ivaz's feet, before crawling past her, over the floor of the room.

And standind behind Mei's fraccion, glaring down at the unfolding scene, is Von Geister.

"Compose yourselves."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #368

Ivaz's laughter stops immediately.

She clears her throat, and straightens back up.

Thinking many mean thoughts as well.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Pico pretty much stops instantaneously, the fires still going, even though the alcohol on fire is burning up his balcony, and was getting dangerously close to the suite. Yes, even though he was trying to fling the alcohol off of the balcony.

He pretty much stared right at Von Geister. "Y-Your Majesty?!"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #370

Apolinar stopped dead in his tracks and wheeled around when he heard the Ghost King's voice. After a few moments of disbelief, he very quickly composed himself, all traces of anger (apparently) gone. Snapping off a smart, correct and above all sincere miltary salute to his monarch, while standing on a 45-degree balcony and a morass of burning alcohol.

"Your Majesty. What do you require?"

Even when caught red-handed in mass vandalism, Apolinar's manners towards his superiors are impeccable.
    Last edited by Steilos; 2010-11-23 at 02:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Rouga was, apparently, the only one that took a few more seconds to realize what had just happened as he finished beating as much of the fire as he could with his jacket.

Why's everybody so quiet all of a...

And then he realized Von Geister was here. And he looked pissed.

...oh.

He stopped what he was doing, put his shirt back on, then knelt. And said nothing.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

The sudden goopiness of the floor beneath her feet prompts Genoveva to leap away from Ivaz with a disgusted expression on her face, even as Geister makes his own appearance at the little brawl.

"Ugh! Did ya haf ta do dat? Des boots are ruin'd now!" She grumbles, sitting cross-legged in the air with a disgruntled groan as she yanks off her boots, beginning to scrape the sole of them on the nearest substance.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

While the usual answer to Genoveva's comments is amusement. This is not the case, as proven when the living blight begins to fume acrid vapors heavier than the air.

"Genoveva. I have just been informed that the body of one of my sons was found in your sector, and I cannot communicate with Malak."

"Explain to me why is that so."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, so this ain't about the mess I'm making.

Rouga didn't seem to know whether to feel relieved or disappointed.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Pico, at this point, looks back down at the burning balcony below him, and then looks back to Von Geister, and kneels...as much as he can while floating in the air. "Your Majesty, if I may, can I go back to making sure my balcony doesn't burn entirely to a crisp?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister glares daggers at Pico.

"Spit those fires out."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Pico then stands up, then bows really, really low. "Yes Your Majesty!!"

He then basically starts spitting out the fires at the force of bullets, starting nearest the inside of the suite so that it doesn't burn it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

The Primera would blink if her eyes weren't in their normal slitted position, so instead she settles for an indifferent shrug of her shoulders.

"'Cause 'e kicked de bucket? I'unno. Ask Apolinar which son 'e found close to mah sector, last Ah 'eard of Malak was aftah 'e left with mah message for ya." she replies off hand, giving up on the mess on her boots, tossing them over her shoulder with a sigh and wriggling her bare toes, "Guess 'e didn't make it out of Sector Uno, or did sumthin' dumber if de burns were any indication."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister

The king turns his back to Genoveva while taking a few steps back out to the door.

"Well, of course, that makes enough sense, I guess..."

And about then he turns back again, the floor erupting in jagged spines around those present, and electricity crackling over the bony protusions while he curves himself a bit to glare right at Genoveva's face.

"Don't give me your BULLSHIT, Genoveva. I communicate with my sons here in your courts through telepathy, I received your bloody message the moment you gave it to Malak and now he is the only one I cannot find."

Von Geister straightens himself back up, losing much of the furious tone of his voice.

"As espada, you have to administrate one of the ten districts of this city and those who live within them, of course it is your prerogative to not give a damn, but they remain your responsability."

"What is your explanation for what happened to my son, Genoveva."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Don't think I've ever seen Ecchan this angry. I couldn't ever pull that off myself. That woman is pretty impressive, even if she didn't mean to do it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Genoveva

The Primera freezes as the spikes erupted from the ground and electricity crackles through the air, not from fear (from what others can tell) but as if readying herself to withstand an attack. When next Genoveva speaks, it's in a much more cautious tone of voice. She weathers the glare with wary dispassion, even as she responds.

"Ah did think it a wee bit odd dat Ah got an answer to me question right after I asked it. Good ta know yer most independent mouthpieces are still kep' on'a short leash." She muses aloud, casually resting a hand on the pommel of her falchion. "An mah explanation is de same as mah response to yer comment 'bout not giving a damn."

"That being, if you weren't confident that Malak would survive in my sector then you should have never sent him to me in the first place. All of you have me so very wrong about how I run my sector, thinking I don't give a damn." Lips curl up in an animalistic 'smile' that bares her sharpened teeth, "Today I broke up four seperate groups within my palace that sought to consolidate their power and impose order over Sector Uno. Two of those in a bid to gain enough support to try and topple my position. Another thirty five individuals entered the district, seventy-five percent of which died soon after entry. Twenty percent of those remaining elected to try and leave. They died. The remaining five percent had the qualities I promote in my territory. Ambition. Killer instinct. Animal cunning. Viciousness. They'll still likely perish to those who possess more of those three qualities then them. 'The strong shall thrive at the cost of the weak'."

"That is the truth of Sector Uno and every Hollow, no matter how much they might try to hide it or mask it. I'd wager more on the average citizen of my sector to thrive in Las Noches then I do on most of the Espada." Genoveva's 'smile' continues to curl up as a distasteful look is cast on all present, barring Geister, "And from everything I've heard, Malak couldn't survive that truth. Someone or something saw opportunity in disposing of your 'son' and took the chance, and ya know what? Ah applaud dem fer seizin' de initiative. And ya should be thankin' de one who did it fer prunin' out yer family of de weak links."

Foppish accent returned, she gives an idle shrug to the wrathful Geister.

"Den again, mah theory is still dat he got ballsy an' tried ta step out from under yer shadow by takin' out Mei when everyun and der mother tried to do it and got burned in de crossfire. So der's dat too."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-11-26 at 10:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Ivaz

Ivaz did give a start when the spikes appeared. More out of surprise than anything. Then she returned back to her previous stance and simply waited, listening.

With many more mean thoughts starting to run through her head. Mostly visuals of what she'd like to do to Geister and Genoveva.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Ivaz's thoughts seem to get accidentally broadcasted to Rouga, despite a clear and utter lack of telepathy.

...why am I suddenly getting X-rated mental images of Ecchan, Genoveva, and the lady over there?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

The spines twist into barbed tentacles all around the room, coiling back into the living blight covering the floor. Von Geister lifts his head to give a good glare to Sereg and Pico.

"You two will listen to this carefully as well."

And then he turns back down to Genoveva.

"My children are not with you to as any common rabble of your sectors, they are there to serve as communication links between yourselves and I, they should be considered as assets, and cared for accordingly. In spite of your opinions with regards to personal power, which those ten do not lack, as I did handpick them to serve into each of your courts."

And with that out of the way, his mood becomes relatively cheerful again, as it usually is, boasting a smile as he turns back to leave the palace of the decima.

"Now, my good Genevieve, I want you to find out the perpretators of this outrage and bring then back to me post haste..."

Short stop and a sideglance back to the primera.

"Or I am gonna rot the skin off of your face and make sure it won't be growing back."

The Ghost King whistles a song as he takes a slow stroll back to the central lifts.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #385

Apolinar does not really react to the spikes, despite being on a structurally unsound platform above them. And then - Von Geister whistling? That was.... Unique. Different, certainly. So unexpected in fact, that Apolinar temporarily forgot why he had climbed up, ruined the balcony and hit Rouga and Pico where it hurts. (NOT THE BOOZE)

As soon as the Ghost King was well away, he wheeled back on the other two on the balcony, such as it was, and clenched his teeth as he released his rag- Wait. What was that flickering, echoey, burning sound?

Poking his head around the corner, he sees the fire eating away at - oh, my. That is a lot of booze. He turns his head back to the Decima.

"Hey. You. Reckon there's enough alcohol in there to start a explosion?"

The General points back to the large quantity of alchohol. Which the fire was beginning to consume.

"Need an answer in about, oh, 10 seconds. No rush."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

"Silly Ringo-chan. Booze doesn't explode like tha- OHRIGHTTHEBOOZE!!!" With that, Rouga set off to try and put out the fire as best as he could. Pico had been ordered to spit the fire out, but he was outside the scope of that order, so he could be more effective.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Apolinar is just about to gloat at Pico's predicament whenHOHFOJHGOGHOUERRINGOCHANBFIEHBFRINGOCHANKILLKI LLKILLKILLDBFEBFUE

Taking in a huge breath, Apolinar manages to calm down juuust enough to avoid going into a psychotic rage.

"Doesn't explode like that, you say? Well..."

A Cero streaks past Rouga into the morass of burning alcohol.

"...I beg to differ."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steilos

Skills
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Rouga just barely has the time to Sonido off and hit the Cero with his CHEST. He doesn't even look burned or anything.

"YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!

Sheesh, man, you want me to kick your ass, at least wait till the booze is no longer burning!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Gwen

The arrancar's eyes went wide and a massive smile grew on her face. "It's... It's... So shiny!" Gwen exclaimed, nearly tripping mid-sonido out of surprise; she could hardly contain her excitement "This looks like my kind of town, it's so bright!"

Gwen turned her head to face Eriku. "Nobody ever told us that it was this big." She then turned to her more cylindrical companion. "Are you okay?" She whispered to him with concern, realizing that he was a bit tense.
    Eriku
    "Las Noches may be impressive in size alone, but I think you will find what lurks inside more impressive still. However..."

Eriku turns to face his brief travelling companion, bows, and takes her hand and plants the briefest of kisses on her skin.

"I am afraid that here we must part ways. I must deliver this message, and I am swiftly running out of time before my way back the the mortal world returns and departs. It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Gwen."

The fae gives the arrancar one last smile before speeding towards the Primera's sector with all haste.

-------
    [Palacio Cuarta Library]
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Surely that isn't the hint of a smirk on Vicente's face. No, it couldn't be.

"I don't believe I have ever been called "nice", Ruwa. Nonetheless, I do so apologize if I unduly startled you. Let me not hamper your quest any more. I shall accompany, perhaps aid you in your preparations."

He walked over to the other two Arrancar, apparently making himself part of the group. He patiently stood there, waiting for Ruwa or Alejandro to lead the way.
    The Cuarta makes the slightest of sighs before turning to enter the room that lies yawning before the trio. He flicks light switches as he passes through the door, old gaslights slowly sputtering into existence, illuminating the cavernous room beyond. Unless Ruwa has visited the Grand Library of Las Noches before, she may find the scale of the room utterly staggering.

It is as though someone has removed the interior of a cathedral into Aléjandro's palacio. Great vaulted arches spread outward in every direction, and the Octava's Fraccion may well have to squint to make out the far wall at all, though the quality of the gas lighting doesn't help her there. Every archway, save those at this end of the room and its far opposite, are packed with shelves, each one crammed with books of vastly varying age and state of repair.

"Here we are. The twelfth hall of the Grand Library of Las Noches: Romantic fiction, poetry and romance-focused self-help."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

[Library]

Ruwa is very much staggered. "Woooow..." She looks all around. Then blinks. And smirks. "...Isss thisss really all romance? I wonder if Alejandro-sssama hasss a sssoft ssside..." Hopefully he isn't the type to try and kill fraccion for such teasing remarks.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!