New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

Center of Las Noches

The throne room's walls pelled down like some living thing, and pillars rose from the ground by the sides of Von geister's seat, with the two missing espada held safely on them.

"Now, you two might be asking why you. Why not troublemakers like Pico, Sereg or Genoveva... Or probably not asking that at all, but I will explain anyway, it is proper decorum after all."

"Pan, little Pan. My law is simple, the strong rule the weak, You aren't particularly strong in any aspect, as a matter of fact, your abilities serve to empower others!"

"Defile, Misa Cancerosa."

Muscle erupts and bone cracks into unnatural positions, as man gives way to monster... Or monster gives way to more monster, depending on who you ask.

"You know what serves to empower others as well? Food."

A stalk on the back of Von Geister's head rams into Pan's stomach, which bleeds for a moment, before the drip is sucked in by the tendril and the trapped arrancar starts to wither. Quickly enough, the empty husk is left alone.

"As for you, Arcelia my dear, the reason is much simpler and entirely unlike his. You were useful up until now, but past today your usefulness will dwindle in contrast with the slight risk you and that tricky little treasonous mind of yours pose... It doesn't help your case that you have always presented yourself so deliciously vain."

"Segunda etapa, Soberano de la Evolucion."

Horror swells monstrous and erupts discordantly in mouths and wings and misplaced eyes, in a form not quite humanoid and not entirely dissonant from some vague semblance of it.

"So it comes to its end, the explanation of why I chose you two to help me reweave the vast foundations of this city. Now rest in eternal peace."

Some blighted mass covering the ground grows countless teeth around the holdings of the tercera, grinding and gritting in numberless rows in a display only barely matched by the rise of the gates of hell. She is consumed voicelessly, but not silently.

"Trés bien."

Von Geister turns to his city, raising one hand and making a fist, to which the ground rumbles, and a monumental creaking sounds across the districts as streets, buildings and blocks start to move. The vast palaces of the espada are dragged closer to the center, where another structure rises, a tower or a palace, taking up the vasp open space of the center and going as far as the dome of Las Noches itself. Mere minutes pass for the ten palaces to come to the center, but several hours pass with the living walls and floors of the new Palacio Real taking shape.

It is a rare sight, and as magnificent a work as terrible the power that makes it possible.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

[Yaago Duarte, Fraccion to the Primera, Genoveva] (back in the Primera's chambers)

After a long look around and wait, Yaago headed back to the Primera's chambers. He expected to find his Primera still sleeping, and a major scolding for not having achieved exactly what she wanted.

Instead, he found nothing. Nothing at all....well, except his little cat sprawled out on the floor stretching out, waking up, as Yaago entered.

Yaago sighed a bit to the cat, who mozied over to him and pet itself on his leg.

"Where is she?" Yaago thought to himself, he couldnt even feel her. It was odd, and Yaago didnt like it...at all....

which was when he felt the rumblings, and went to the window and looked out it towards the center of the city...something was happening...he coudlnt see it all in the distance, but he defintely FELT it when the Primera's palace began to move towards the center.

Yaago's cat jumped up on his shoulder, and Yaago held no ill eye towards it. He placed a foot into the window and hand on the windows vertical edge. He looked back to the chambers he had spent so many hours in with Genoveva...he shook his head and flipped himself out the window with his cat, and then climbed to the towers top and awaited for the Palace to come to a stop.

What was this new place? He saw all the other palaces coming closer.

He'd wait it out.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Aléjandro Mendez, Palacio Cuarta
    As the geography of Las Noches shifts around them, the Cuarta and his vast horde of lower librarian-Fracción look on from the windows in varying states of surprise and shock, with only the Espada apparently unmoved.

"What should we do milord?"

"Change."

"Lord?"

"Change has come. We must adapt, and we must record. So begin recording these events for posterity. Eyewitness accounts are the best we can have. I, however, shall go and speak to our king."

Aléjandro opens a window and blurs out of it in a sonido, making straight for the newly-risen mass of the Palacio Real.

Garoux Lobosolo, Cuprum Quarter, Sector Cuarta
    Roux puts down a sparring partner in the arena. Now with a moment to breathe, he notices what has occurred around him and his opponent. A moment later, he senses the reiatsu of the Cuarta passing above. He sonidos off to meet it.

"You still haven't fulfilled your end of the deal, Espada."

"And I wouldn't dare not fulfill it. In fact, now might be an opportune moment to do so. I was on my way towards our Majesty anyway."

"Forgive me for wanting to make sure, but I'll be coming along with you."

Palacio Real
    The Espada and the Numero appear out of their sonido within easy walking distance of Von Geister, and continue their approach in a more mundane manner. Upon finding their king, the two kneel, Roux doing so somewhat hesitantly.

"Your majesty. May I have a word with you?"

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister - Throne Room

Von Geister turns to Alejandro, once more in his sealed form. The new chamber is quite large, including not only the throne, but also a long table with ten seats.

"Alejandro, come in, come in. Need something? Curious about the remodeling? Want to try and see if all that expenditure of energy made me weak enough for a bit for power?"

Mirth in his tone indicates that the last one is likely to go terribly wrong to anyone who tries.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your Majesty, I am wounded at the suggestion that I would attempt such a thing. Your potency is the only thing that keeps this city together. Now more than ever, I suspect."

The Espada rises, as does Roux, who stands a little more hastily.

"Your majesty, do you remember Garoux Lobosolo here? He fought in that arena combat on my behalf and quite outdid himself. Anyway, he offered to act as my champion in return for a favour, which I am now going to try and fulfill. To whit: he desires leave to depart from Las Noches to the mortal world with a reiatsu-suppressing gigai. He refused to elaborate further than 'personal reasons' when I enquired as to why. So, will your majesty permit it?"

((OOC: Feel free to ask for a private discussion with Roux if you want, I'm fine either way.))
    Last edited by Edge; 2011-05-07 at 11:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

Von Geister takes his seat.

"I recall mister Garoux quite well indeed. It was a nice spectacle, and I wouldn't really object to granting such a leave."

"I will have to ask what your reasons are, of course. Dear Reene has sensitive projects running in the mortal world, and there already is a mild issue threatening the operation somewhat..."

The fourth chair to the left groans and gurgles.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Roux's jaw sets with what might be irritation, but he nods and takes a step forward.

"As you wish, your majesty. But I must request this be done in private. The matters are very personal indeed."

"I do not mind giving you your privacy, if our majesty will give me leave to go. I certainly don't want to hear anything vaguely emotional for a while. Not now that I've opened the romance section of the library up." the Espada says with a shiver.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister waves Alejandro off.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cuarta bows and departs, taking several steps before vanishing into a sonido. The Numero sighs and takes a deep breath.

"Your majesty, this will not be easy for me. I'm not one for giving people ammunition to use against me, and it's hard to shake that feeling even if you don't actually need ammunition to screw me over."

Roux places his hand on the hilt of his zanpakutou, and drums his fingers on it nervously.

"For the past few months, I've been plagued with... well, at first I thought it was a dream, but I've had to come to the conclusion it's the memory of one of my more dominant souls. I'm plagued by visions of a woman's face, and she says something I can't hear, but I know it's a name, and I know its the name of the soul who remembers her, even if I don't actually hear it. And it drives me mad. I can't get any sleep half the time, and it makes me even more standoffish than I usually am."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"The long and short of it is, I can remember where she lives, and I think that if I go and meet her, maybe resolve some unfinished business that this soul of mine had with her, then I'll be able to just get on with my damn afterlife in relative peace. That's it. I'm asking for three, maybe four weeks to go sort some stupid personal crap out so I can get back to being me."

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister gives Garoux a piercing glare, before smirking.

"Lucky is the dominant spirit who recalls nothing or cares nothing of his mortal life, but woeful is he who is plagued by memories of a supressed mind."

"Take your time, deal with your issue however you best see it fit. And about that Gigai..."

Von Geister rises from his seat, cane raised in front of himself, and draws the weapon down across the air, a thin black line forming at the trail of the zanpakutou.

Garganta.

"I know just the right bloodsucker for the job."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

"My thanks, your majesty."

Roux nods his head and steps into the Garganta.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister steps through.

Just a short leave, nothing too unusual.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cecilia whistled as she felt the earth shake. Her people, the people of Caos Encarnado, didn't react. They were used to displays of power, for Survival of The Fittest was the rule of Caos. So said the ruler. However, no one knew where the palace was being dragged. After all, they were just minor Arrancar, not great and grand.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Hueco Mundo Rooftops]

Change is in the air. Even as the dust of the Ghost King's efforts settles, it's like the scent of opportunity rises ever-higher.

"Hn. Wonder if the Prison is intact, especially for Test Subject Zero."

He frowns.

"You know, I should speak to the King about that. This sort of project is the kind of thing he should be aware of. He could make suggestions. Give me better working space."

A grin spreads on his face.

"Maybe even give me control of all aspects of the project. Who needs that brainless idiot Sereg to distribute the end results? As if his District was filled with anything but mindless bloodthirsty brutes falling under pointless laws."

He straightens from his crouch and extends his feelings outwards, hoping to find his Master, the Cuarta Espada...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Aléjandro's reiatsu emanates from the Cuprum Quarter of his sector, where is performing the bi-monthly evaluation of work progress of his sector's citizens. Currently, he stands outside a forge.

"Really? Two months and no progress on this decorative blade of yours?"

The Arrancar under scrutiny begins trying to cough out an excuse.

"I do not need nor wish to hear anything you have to say. You knew the law of my sector, and you have broken it."

A heartbeat later, the Arrancar is impaled on the Cuarta's zanpakutou and being held skyward on it. Aléjandro extends a finger past his weapon's hilt and points it at the squirming smith.

"Cero."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Aléjandro's reiatsu emanates from the Cuprum Quarter of his sector, where is performing the bi-monthly evaluation of work progress of his sector's citizens. Currently, he stands outside a forge.

"Really? Two months and no progress on this decorative blade of yours?"

The Arrancar under scrutiny begins trying to cough out an excuse.

"I do not need nor wish to hear anything you have to say. You knew the law of my sector, and you have broken it."

A heartbeat later, the Arrancar is impaled on the Cuarta's zanpakutou and being held skyward on it. Aléjandro extends a finger past his weapon's hilt and points it at the squirming smith.

"Cero."
    Vicente arrived just in time to see the smith blasted with the Cero. He raises an eyebrow, but waits a moment to comment.

"Hm. That one's always been just scraping by. Looks like he didn't even manage that."

He blurred, and was closer to Alejandro. He gave his Master a short bow.

"Master Alejandro. A pleasure to see you again. It seems our paths were cursed to be separate for so many months. I'm sure you've seen the work of the Ghost King; if my senses didn't deceive me, you might already have spoken with him about it.

It seems times are changing. Perhaps we will see more changes around Las Noches soon?
    "
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Orc in the Playground

[???]

Ruwa finally awakes, after days of dormancy from the near-fatal pummeling from Genoveva. She is disoriented as she fails to recognize her surroundings, sitting up with some pain.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Firbolg in the Playground

Paramonos

Ruwa feels a hand on her shoulder, lightly pushing her back down. "Don't strain yourself." a familiar voice says. Ruwa can faintly smell some food cooking, and a quick glance around, once her eyes had adjusted, would reveal that she was in a simple stone house. The "bed" that she was lying on was not very comfortable, the stone walls looked more comfortable than the unyielding mattress. She would find that she was bandaged in various places. "You have been asleep for a while."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

"...P-parry-kun?" Ruwa is still quite weak, so she is forced back down rather easily. "...how long have I been here?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #1280

Paramonos

"Six days. I found you in the 8th district." He takes his hand off of her shoulder and stands up, walking to a what seems to be a bonfire in the middle of the room. A simple metal pot was held above it. It is at this point that Ruwa realizes that this house has no roof, Paramonos did not see it necessary to have one, considering the lack of rain. "You were badly injured, mostly from the collapse I'd wager. Am I correct?" He asks, taking out two stone bowls.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Pixie in the Playground

[Caos Encarnado]

Caiphus didn't even start when the entire city began to rumble and move. He merely stood by his lady's side and waited. In this city, whatever would happen, would happen. And right now, it seemed like all Caiphus could do was wait. So he did.

[Talon's Lair]

The two twins huddled on the ground next to each other, feeling the rumbling of the city but unable to ascertain its cause.

"Wha...what's going on?" Asked Kaitin, her voice wavering.

"Hell if I know," Cashin replied. "But it sure can't be anything good."

The two remained on the floor, simply holding each other. They were all they had.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ettin in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

Lalita's retreat had been well-hidden and safe indeed. However, even it could not survive untouched when the whole palace was wrenched from its foundations to be dragged across the monolithic city of hungry ghosts.

Shaken awake and curious, the recently-nominated Decima makes his way through ruined passageways that once held such beauty, hastily garbed in few towels tied around his waist. It takes him some time to get to the surface, to witness the grotesgue tower rising just before his eyes.

His face is stone-hewn, his eyes blinking once. Bah. Then, he turns to walk away, looking for a familiar presence where he knows to be one. Soon, he appears in Edward's throne room, walking towards him and Canguro with a dispassionate look on his face.

"Hello, Callahan. Can you enlighten me on the purpose of this... event?"
    His eyes don't look at Edward, though - they're fixed on Canguro, checking that the cataclysm hasn't had any undesireable side-effects on her. "It seems somewhat sudden."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #1283

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Caos Encarnado]

Caiphus didn't even start when the entire city began to rumble and move. He merely stood by his lady's side and waited. In this city, whatever would happen, would happen. And right now, it seemed like all Caiphus could do was wait. So he did.
    Cecilia grinned at Caiphus' stoicness.

"Lighten up will ya? The old man prolly just wants us all in one place! So c'mon, let's go to the center. Everyone else will be there!"

She marches off, whistling a tune.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Paramonos

"Six days. I found you in the 8th district." He takes his hand off of her shoulder and stands up, walking to a what seems to be a bonfire in the middle of the room. A simple metal pot was held above it. It is at this point that Ruwa realizes that this house has no roof, Paramonos did not see it necessary to have one, considering the lack of rain. "You were badly injured, mostly from the collapse I'd wager. Am I correct?" He asks, taking out two stone bowls.
    "N-no, Genoveva-san, ssshe..." Ruwa trembles a little. "...Nevermind."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #1285

Paramonos

"The Primera did this to you?" the arrancar says with surprise, filling the two bowls with a simple broth and handing it to Ruwa. "Why would she do that?" He wonders. The Primera was untouchable, and certainly too powerful for him to fight. "Why was she in the Octava sector?"

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Cecilia grinned at Caiphus' stoicness.

"Lighten up will ya? The old man prolly just wants us all in one place! So c'mon, let's go to the center. Everyone else will be there!"

She marches off, whistling a tune.
    Caiphus smirks beneath his mask at Cecilia's carefree behavior. He fell in line behind her to march towards the new center of Las Noches. That's where everyone would be? Caiphus hoped not, for the sake of the city, if nothing else. He shuddered at the idea of all of the Espada gathered into one location. But these thoughts he kept to himself as he walked beside Cecilia, his face as impassive as ever.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

27. - Top - End - #1287

[Palace]

Cecilia walks up smartly to the palace, and salutes a startled guard, standing at attention.

"Sir, we are requesting entry to this establishment, sir!"

The panicked guard quickly opens the door, after all, Cecilia is an Espada, and Cecilia and Caiphus waltz through fairly easily.

Cecilia takes up position behind a pillar near the door, putting a finger to her lips so Caiphus knows not to speak.

"We're gonna scare the next people to walk through! It'll be a hoot!"

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Segunda's Palacio]

Edward looked to former fracción and shrugged with his arms outstretched. "Beats me. I guess Von Geister is just doing some remodeling." He paused, "Congratulations on becoming an espada. So, are you ready to explain your recent behaviour?"

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Pixie in the Playground

Caiphus took his position opposite Cecilia, readying an action to preparing to leap out and scare the hell out of whoever came next. He really hoped that it was someone like the Segunda, who had a sense of humor. But knowing his luck, it would be someone like the Primera or Talon, who would want his head for this. They couldn't demand Cecilia's head, she was an Espada. But Caiphus was fair game.
    Star Wars iTP characters

30. - Top - End - #1290

The Palace
    Front Entrance

As luck would have it, the first person to enter through the way Cecilia and Caiphus have hidden in is Sabas Fortunato. The Quinta Espada does not speak to the guards, requiring only a cool glance to convince the guard to allow his entrance. The Child-like Espada strides into the building, eyes focused downwards as he ignores the area around him, his thoughts elsewhere. As usual, his cloak conceals everything below his neck. Once he is just inside the door, he pauses momentarily, extending a hand to adjust his cloak.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.