New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Here, if you fall asleep in Professor Kimbery's class, he'll make you swim laps. In Him.
    Kimbery is female, silly.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion: There's a God for that! Except for Sorcery, of course

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Kimbery is female, silly.
    I think you're thinking of Kimberly, Kimbery's gender-confused alter ego. Hehe, sorry, I'll go fix that.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

If I was a little more confident I could pull off Storytelling via internet for a prolonged period of time, I'd totally run a sillier game.

I'm thinking Malfeas Washington High School. 9th grade would be 1st circle demons, 10th would be stronger 1st circles and weaker 2nd circles, 11th would be the stronger 2nd circles, and the 3rd circles are the seniors.

Now welcoming 50 new freshman exchange students from Creation.

Here, the Principal is the school.

Here, it takes a 5 hour trek through the desert to walk to and from school every morning and afternoon, so you have to get up at 3am every morning to make the first bell.

Here, High School (and by association, puberty) can last up to 60 years.

Here, if you fall asleep in Professor Kimbery's class, she'll make you swim laps. In Her.

Only the might of the Infernal Exaltations can prepare you for sleepless nights you'll suffer at the hands of She Who Lives In Her Name's painfully complicated grading algorithm, much less the homework itself, as well as the atomic wedgies you'll undoubtedly incur from Ligier, quarterback of the Blood Bowl team, and the mocking laughter of the cheerleading squad, the notes of which have been known to materialize into razorblades and sheer flesh from bone.
    I would unironically play this.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

If I was a little more confident I could pull off Storytelling via internet for a prolonged period of time, I'd totally run a sillier game.

I'm thinking Malfeas Washington High School. 9th grade would be 1st circle demons, 10th would be stronger 1st circles and weaker 2nd circles, 11th would be the stronger 2nd circles, and the 3rd circles are the seniors.

Now welcoming 50 new freshman exchange students from Creation.

Here, the Principal is the school.

Here, it takes a 5 hour trek through the desert to walk to and from school every morning and afternoon, so you have to get up at 3am every morning to make the first bell.

Here, High School (and by association, puberty) can last up to 60 years.

Here, if you fall asleep in Professor Kimbery's class, she'll make you swim laps. In Her.

Only the might of the Infernal Exaltations can prepare you for sleepless nights you'll suffer at the hands of She Who Lives In Her Name's painfully complicated grading algorithm, much less the homework itself, as well as the atomic wedgies you'll undoubtedly incur from Ligier, quarterback of the Blood Bowl team, and the mocking laughter of the cheerleading squad, the notes of which have been known to materialize into razorblades and sheer flesh from bone.
    This seems appropriate.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2010-10-23 at 08:15 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    I would unironically play this.
    Same, though not having any of the Demon/Infernal Books would be a bit of a problem.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I'd just opt to save myself 10 motes and not get the bonus for the magical materials honestly. Or make it out of some handwavium jade alloy made specifically for godblooded.
    It's red jade. It's the closest we could find to fire. ST is cool with it, I'm cool with it. S'alright.

That's not really a 4-dot artifact. It is a very powerful 3-dot one (possibly too powerful to exist). At 4-dot, you shouldn't get more powerful than a grand goremaul in pure stats, which this is. Instead, you should add on interesting things. This is not interesting.

Also, you only have to pay double to attune to magical material bonuses or powers too tied to the magical material associations.
    I couldn't really think of anything more interesting than your standard anime long-range slash effect, but yeah, good point. ST thinks the stats are fine otherwise, we're just trying to figure out a good ability before Thursday, which is when our first game is. So, uhm.. Yeah.. Any fire-themed suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-10-24 at 12:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hand-wavium. Part of Creation's complete breakfast.

All this talk of silly and anime has reminded me of a conversation. Five plumbers invading Exalted's version of Bowser's castle manse network to relieve mechanical constipation...while facing legions of Koopas, flame weaponry, and a princess obsessed with the color pink.

Strangely this was a generic What Game Should We Run Next discussion.

On Topic:
    Mattarias, artifacts are things that normal items can not be. For instance, can your sword sing in four part harmony? Can it give advice about skin complexion? Does the sword try to psychologically sympathize with every opponent you face?

Last edited by NeoRetribution; 2010-10-24 at 01:15 AM.
    "Empathy comes from the choice to understand others. Understanding others is based in two components: Love and Curiosity. Mix thoroughly. Add only low heat and allow to simmer. Check frequently to prevent burning."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRetribution View Post

Mattarias, artifacts are things that normal items can not be. For instance, can your sword sing in four part harmony? Can it give advice about skin complexion? Does the sword try to psychologically sympathize with every opponent you face?

Hm. Good things to think about...

...<<; I'm tempted to ask if it could turn into a guitar that lets me, say, use the power of Metal to deflect bullets and shatter things. But that would be taking the less-serious route with my character..

It's name is Burning Tempest, if it helps. Here's a rough picture:

Spoiler
    Show
    It's supposed to be a sword made by my father, a fiery war god (I have inheritance 5, so according to that, he's pretty powerful.) and passed down to me, so I may assume his throne later on. So.. Yeah.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarias, King. View Post
    It's supposed to be a sword made by my father, a fiery war god (I have inheritance 5, so according to that, he's pretty powerful.) and passed down to me, so I may assume his throne later on. So.. Yeah.
    If he is Inheritance 5, his father is on the same Essence level as the Incarnae, which no little god should be. You might want to rethink your character.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2010-10-24 at 12:04 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like that sword design. The structure of it is interesting.
    Last edited by NeoRetribution; 2010-10-24 at 11:57 AM.
    "Empathy comes from the choice to understand others. Understanding others is based in two components: Love and Curiosity. Mix thoroughly. Add only low heat and allow to simmer. Check frequently to prevent burning."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

If he is Inheritance 5, his father is on the same Essence level as the Incarnae, which no little god should be. You might want to rethink your character.
    Rose is right. If you have Inheritance 5, your dad is the kind of deity that beats up Old Testament God for his lunch money. Odin and Ares together go on epic quests to find ancient artifacts that they might attempt to wrestle his big toe into submission. He would be less "a fiery war god" as he would be "The God of All Violence In Every Form And That Fire Thing Too".

Actually, have you considered being the progeny of the Maiden of Battle? She's Essence 10, and already a pre-established lady, so lots of material to work with.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

{table=head]Name|ST|Exalt Types|Description
    The Dark Knights|Neon Knight|Solars, Lunars|Celestials protecting the Scarlet Empire
    The Scarlet Dawn|The Rose Dragon|Celestials and Terrestrials|Scarlet Empress returns.
    For Maker and Kamak!|Ganurath|Alchemicals|A group of Alchemicals must work to defend the nation of Kamak. [/table]
    Updated Current Games Recruiting List
    Last edited by Jokasti; 2010-10-24 at 02:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Updated Current Games Recruiting List
    The link to "For Maker and Kamak!" actually links to the old thread. Here is the new thread.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

Thanks.
    Fix'd.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, my ST pretty much had me take Inheritance 5, to try keeping up with the rest of the group. I like my current backstory, though now that you say I've been terribly underestimating him, I guess I might have to rethink things a bit. Here's my current backstory, ST-approved:

Spoiler
    Show

In the South, farther into the elemental pole of fire than any man, mortal or exalt, could hope to tread, amidst the chaos and the flames that could melt the stars, lies a kingdom, seemingly untouched by the Wyld's insanity. This kingdom, with towers of bronze, glass, and the reddest of jade, is ruled over not by a man, but a god. Madness gnaws at his mind as he sits upon his burning throne, repelling the encroachment upon his domain with his games of war.

Long ago has fate left him and his progeny. His kingdom was once great, spiraling outward in the burning deserts of southern Creation. But then they came.
    The fae, those miserable, soul-stealing beings of chaos incarnate. In their crusade to shrink the world's borders, the Southkingdom of Syr'ana fell into their domain. But not without a fight.
    With his great power, the Burning King encircled and esorcelled his mighty castle and all that surrounded it with holy fire. Most chaotic of the elements, it was unaffected by the reality-bending powers of the Wyld, and its holy nature repelled and incinerated the evil of what fae dared approach it.

Every few centuries, however, the fiery lord's domain drifts out of the wyld, back into Creation's fold.
    When this happens, the King is free to leave his realm. He wanders the world, seeking battle in all the forms and places it can be found, favoring what side he finds the most righteous- From the smallest peasant uprising, to world-changing wars.
    These upheavals naturally disrupt the Loom of Fate, and the agents of heaven hound him wherever he appears.

His wandering is single-minded, however. Unfailingly, he finds a queen with blood strong enough to bear him an heir. They live together happily, but in sadness, for the King knows that she cannot survive childbirth.
    From the bloody ashes of his mother, the Prince is born, bearing his father's crimson hair and eyes. The King raises his child, giving him his own name, and teaching him the arts of swordsmanship and war.

Finally, when the young prince comes of age, his father disappears, leaving him with only his sword and the command to grow strong enough to follow. To assume the throne.
    ...Twice thus far has a King fallen to Sidereal assassins, but the story continues.

------

This Prince, a Mattarias with no last name to call his own, looks down upon a small town and sighs. Forgotten by fate, perhaps, but he will not let Creation forget him. "I'll leave my mark blazing in your forehead if I have to!" he declared, grasping at the sun.
    A scream caught his ear. Faster than a thought, he drew his burning brand and leapt off the roof.
    "Someday." He thought.

My mother being the maiden of battles might be interesting though...

I like that sword design. The structure of it is interesting.
    Thank you. I like the whole phoenix motif, so I went with that as elegantly as I could with a giant sword.

Here's another idea for its powers: It can set anything you slash at on fire, and lets you "jump" through those fires, like mini portals, letting you kinda spring-attack or something? I dunno, might be cool.

EDIT: So, I just spoke with my ST, he said my first ancestor would have been "The Spark That Ignites All War", who would have possibly courted the Maiden of Battles at some point. But anyways, he would've been originally the first god of fire and war, (specifically of starting wars, I suppose. Also using fire IN war...) but ever since his separation from Creation, a replacement has been found, and HE is the one sending the Sidereals after my family. I don't know this, of course, but my ST says he has cool things planned.

As for my sword, he also drew up a quick idea of basically "every time you attack with this sword, it attacks AGAIN, with MORE FIRE. Also it might lower DV or something." So... Yeah.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-10-24 at 09:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

If both your parents are gods, then you aren't godblooded but a god yourself. Just saying.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    If both your parents are gods, then you aren't godblooded but a god yourself. Just saying.
    Yes, but that would be back a few generations, not my father himself. This story spans a good several centuries.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, but that would be back a few generations, not my father himself. This story spans a good several centuries.
    Grandma Mars? xD
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Grandma Mars? xD
    <<; Preeeeetttty much, I guess, yeah. Though I would toss in a few "great"s in there...

ST said it might be amusing.
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-10-25 at 08:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

<<; Preeeeetttty much, I guess, yeah. Though I would toss in a few "great"s in there...

ST said it might be amusing.
    Well, if your father was a powerful god, and your mother was a powerful god-blood, it works out to Inheritance 5.

As far as the artifact, a daiklave that allows for short-distance teleportation through fires would certainly work. Slap a range on it, and you're good to go.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grandmother Mars. Hilarious!

"Your Grandma's always getting lost in the woods!"

"Oh yeah? Well your Grandma wears army boots! So nyah!"

On Topic:
    Teleportation through flames is interesting for an artifact since any red hot blade can set something on fire. And if your S.T. lets you do that good for both of you, but instant transmission between flames does not quite have the flavor of something...say...screaming the Thousand Upright Actions during battle. Or turning all the blood spilled onto the blade into red ash.

In the end, Mattarias, not all of the fun comes from numbers. Some of it comes from neat special effects. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by NeoRetribution; 2010-10-25 at 11:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

I must say, the idea of Grandma Mars is growing on me..

Dunno anything about my mother, but I guess that's a good thing for my ST to spring on me.

Teleportation through flames is interesting for an artifact since any red hot blade can set something on fire. But still instant transmission between flames does not quite have the flavor of something...say...screaming the Thousand Upright Actions during battle.

Or turning all the blood spilled onto the blade into red ash.

I like it! Or maybe actual fire. I have a charm to control that... Gotta run this by the ST when he's around. Yay for college bringing people close together.

In the end, Mattarias, not all of the fun comes from numbers. Some of it comes from neat special effects. Good luck with it.
    True, very true. Like I said, still working on it.

..Sidenote, my ST has said I could take a five point version of Enemy: Replacement War God. It sounds good and all, but I'm a bit.. Wary.

Edit: Which leaves me with 6 extra points! Agh! What to do...
    Last edited by Mattarias, King.; 2010-10-25 at 10:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

So, in addition to the current games, I'll keep track of Exalted ST's and Players.
    So, if you play/would like to, post your info as such:
    {table=head]Name|ST?|Player?|#1Exalt|#2Exalt|#3Exalt|Type of Game
    Phil|No|Yes|Solar|Lunar|Sidereal|Exploration[/table]
    And here's our current one:
    Jokasti|Yes|Yes|Alchemical|Lunar|Solar|Anything.
    Kyeudo|Yes|Yes|Alchemical|Infernal|Solar|Sandbox.
    Neon Knight|Yes|Yes|DB|Lunar|Solar|!=kingdom building
    Reynard|Yes|Yes|Solar|DB|Lunar|Anything
    Lord Raziere|No|Yes|Abyssal|Sidereal|Lunar|Anything
    Britter|No|Yes|Solar|||Anything
    Yuki_Akuma|Probably not|Yes|Sidereal|Infernal|Lunar|Anything really
    Khantalas (AKA TRD)|Maybe|Yes|Abyssal|Solar|Infernal|Threshold sandbox
    Sanguine|Possibly|Yes|Infernal|Alchemical|DB|Anyth ing
    Ganurath|One At A Time|Yes|Fae|DB|Infernal|Mixed Group
    Drascin|Not Yet|Yes|Alchemical|DB/Lunar|!=Abyssal|Story-driven
    Raz_Fox|Someday|Yes|Lunar|Solar|Sidereal|Character-Driven
    Xefas|Maybe|Yes|Infernal|Sidereal|Solar|Sandbox[/table]
    Last edited by Jokasti; 2010-10-26 at 06:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyeudo|Yes|Yes|Alchemical|Infernal|Solar|Sandbox.[/table]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Neon Knight|Yes|Yes|Dragon Blood|Lunar|Solar|Anything not kingdom building.[/table]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Reynard|Yes|Yes|Solar|Dragonblooded|Lunar|Anything[/table]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Lord Raziere|No|Yes|Abyssal|Sidereal|Lunar|Anything[/table]
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #208
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Britter|No|Yes (Very new to the game)|Solar (Only book I own atm)|||Anything[/table]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

...Well alright then.

Yuki_Akuma|Probably not|Yes|Sidereal|Green Sun Prince|Lunar|Anything really[/table]
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-10-26 at 08:44 AM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Khantalas (AKA TRD)|Maybe|YES!|Abyssal|Solar|Infernal|Threshold sandbox[/table]
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2010-10-26 at 09:07 AM.
    I use black for sarcasm.