New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena had been checking how the others were out of the corner of her eye. At one point in time she noted Ia flying towards her and, as she turned to face back in front of herself, frowned. She did not want that damned elf anywhere near her... not after what he'd just caused. He seemed to be nothing but bad luck and the last thing she needed was to obtain the same bad luck he seemed to be giving the others stuck to herself. She looked up, however, to note that they seemed to have company, making her bite her lip in annoyance. "Damn...." she murmured in Undercommon, thinking as she looked around quickly. She takes a deep breath then nods, casting one spell upon herself and the other one Alakdriirn. After finishing,, she signs to Alakdriirn, Hopefully this will help out should we really need to face whatever I'm hearing.. Until then, while it has yet to spot us, we keep running towards our destination. Hopefully neither of us will need to use anymore power for a while so we can conserve it for later. With that, she gave Alakdriirn's leash another tug and began to resume running with him up the mountain, definitely wanting nothing more than to finish running this errand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting an Unholy Aura on each Alakdriirn and Iivraena... just in case. Better safe than sorry at this rate.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Oh, I don't care about the periphery effects. I'd have been nearly half a mile up to avoid the previous incursion anyway. Tonn is big enough to be bothered by strong winds, and blindsight to deal with obstacles. The real question is - how are YOU flying in this, or seeing where you're going in the fog?
    Ia's flying is otherworldly in nature (perfect), and he has true seeing.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Using Gust of Wind as a template, maneuverability does nothing to help with wind (although freedom of movement, arguably, might). True seeing is blocked by fog, just like every other kind of sight.

...Hey, you go out of your way to make our experience less fun, I'll return the favour.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you begin running up the mountain, you see a large humanoid-shaped centipede rushing down the pathway. It appears to be blind and it's mouth is full of large, flat teeth as it roars on it's way down. It appears to have no feet but a multitude of arms, moving itself as if they were legs. It doesn't seem to notice you or Alakdriirn which is good because in all honesty, there is little to no way you can think of to fight this thing... at least by yourselves. Unfortunately, it isn't paying attention to where it's rushing through as a hand slams down in front of you. You realize that this may require a bit of artful dodging. (Reflex save)

Others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The storm continues to whip around but then begins to die down, as if the power is being drained from it somehow. Almost as if someone is wishing for it or by some miracle until finally the realms return to it's original state (more or less). The damage caused from the earlier cataclysm still remains. Four large red demons wielding flaming swords hover in the air around the party. (At least those in the air and mostly Ia) "Waging war against Fierna is a fool's errand, mortals! Descend now and cease your actions! Lady Fierna wishes to speak with you all!" (The belors are divided two for Ia, one for Theda and Tonn, and one for Nicos)
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

5. - Top - End - #575

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena hissed a bit upon feeling the pain surge through her body. Thankfully it hadn't been too loud for it to stop and hear her as it seemed to continue on it's way. She smirked upon noting Ia's chaos had finally ceased... probably from Beelzebub, Fierna, or even maybe Belial if not someone with as strong of magic powers as any of them probably have. Thank you, Lolth... She silently praised to her goddess, allowing a sigh of breath to leave her knowing she had a chance to actually get out of here alive and in one piece. Before anything else decided to try to hurry down the mountain, she tugged on Alakdriirn's leash, helping him resume running upward in hopes there wouldn't be too much more trouble after this.

A roll Tsume wanted me to do for him:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10+15)[59] divided in half since saved (done in OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

6. - Top - End - #576

"If she wishes to speak with me, why send you?"Ia says, descending slowly, almost mockingly, circling around the Dragons. "I will not seem so mortal when I live beyond life itself."
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-03-27 at 12:07 PM.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

7. - Top - End - #577

Nicos smiles.
    "I think we can talk," There was no creature alive with which he wouldn't consider dealing with, really.
    There's only so few things I can fight at a given time, and a demon and a couple dragons simultaneously might well be pushing it further than I would like. Besides they can't be that bright. After all, what kind of demon shows his face in Baator? Nicos thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry my posting has been so irregular recently.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-03-22 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda glances over at the balor, and sends back a mental message.

"Five constitutes an invasion here? No wonder you're afraid. Your mistress doesn't even know who we are? How would she know about what to speak with us?"

Tonn continues flying past, easily outpacing the balor.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #579

Spoiler
    Show
    (*sigh* Okay so the internet guy decided to take 3 weeks to hook up 8 computers (including ours) up. Needless to say, we just got back and will drastically try to catch up, assuming everyone is still here and wants to remain. We were supposed to have it on April 1st but.... yeah that didn't go well x.x Anyways, thanks for your patience everyone!

~Tsumeken & Virgo)
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! Welcome back.

11. - Top - End - #581

Spoiler
    Show
    It is good, I was worried Nicos had thrown everyone for a loop there.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you reach near the crater, you come upon a sight of what might be advanced guards for the city. Much like the incubi that came before them stands a large skeletal figure, blocking the path. The bones that make up it's arms seem to have stone-like barbs protruding from them.

Others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The balors seem indifferent about Ia's crudeness as one looks to Theda, taking a head count. Though he was sure he'd heard her correctly, he only saw four. In a gruff tone, he orders the dragons to take to the skies and search for the remaining person before regarding back to those already here. "Your senseless destruction, though amusing,, has gotten her attention. You should be thankful that she only sends envoys to retrieve you and not just your heads." A loud rumbling can be heard as a large humanoid looking like centipede can be seen in the distance coming this way. The balor seem to regard it as well but take no action.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda sends telepathically back to the balor as she and Tonn speed forward in an effort to catch up with the two drow.

"Ah, well, if it's the disruption of your neighbourhood that concerns you, you need to speak with the twisted little elf. The rest of us are just passing through. And since I like to travel with my head, it follows that we should continue. You're welcome to join me, though."
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-04-05 at 04:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena frowned, looking back between the skeleton, Alakdriirn, then the skeleton again before softly sighing.. After some mental contemplating,, she nodded then began signing to Alakdriirn, I'm going to see about making that thing fear us.... or obey me and get out of our way to avoid fighting.. Should that fail, however, get ready for a fight. Upon finishing her message, she walks up but ensures Alakdriirn has some distance so he won't be the first immediate thing it sees. Pulling out her holy symbol, she holds it in front of her, allowing it to see the silver symbol as she began to focus, hoping this would work.

Rebuke check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you speed off you pass by the large creature as it simply gazes at you but nothing more. It seems of minimal intelligence and is compelled to only follow whatever orders it was given. You can see that your flight is not entirely alone as one of the Balors has decided to follow you though at a distance that sems to be widening as you continue. You reach the crater free of pursuit as you see the two Drow and what apears to be a giant multi-armed skeleton awaiting commands from Ivreana.

Drow party
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bright red eyes of the giant blink and flicker out for a second before being replaced by a light blue light. It saunters over to your location as it gazes down at you both. The sound of flight overhead signals that others have arrived as you see Theda and Ton.

Ia/Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    With Theda rushing off the Balor captain (as it would seem) orders one of his men to follow. it growls at bit as it steps forward and throws a bit of ash into the air causing a swirl of blue to appear. "The Misstress does not like waiting."

16. - Top - End - #586

"You will not find it senseless when your end, and your master's arrives."
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-04-06 at 04:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

As Iivraena noted out of the corner of her eyes that Theda and Tonn had both managed to catch up to herself and Alakdriirn, she let out a sigh of relief. The last person she wanted around her, especially with all that had been going on as of late, was Ia so should anyone have been able to catch up, she'd have highly preferred anyone else save the more insane than herself elf.... which was quite a feat to accomplish in the first place. "Hurry up while I still have this under my command and we can have a clear shot to finally finish this damn mission!"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda lands Tonn near Iivraena and Alakdriirn, and nods.

"I see that you've made friends. Do you want to travel with the, um, whatever that is, and we'll provide air support? Or are you ready to hop onto Tonn and speed this process along?"

19. - Top - End - #589

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

As Iivraena shakes her head no upon hearing the first offer, already heading towards Tonn as she replies back. "No... it might be really bad if this were to follow us. Besides, if Ia's so overconfident about his abilities, I'm sure he'll find a way to get past and with any luck we'll be either done or close to it by the time he catches up. Maybe Nicos will be able to talk him out of doing anything stupid this time....." She wondered about the last part, looking up in amusement and wonder before shrugging it off and getting on top of Tonn then letting Alakdriirn get on. "Okay let's finish this damn thing already. We've been working too long and not getting enough.... rewards for this because of the damn elf."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda made room in front of herself on Tonn.

"Point well made."

As soon as the drow were on board, she urged the dragon-dino back up into the air and sailing forward above the path towards the volcano in the distance. She sends her thoughts back to Nicos.

"I have Iivraena and Alakdriin with me, and we're flying on to the mountain. Now that the weather's settled, you should be able to catch up. I don't suppose you have some way to transport yourself to us.

21. - Top - End - #591

Unfortunately, no. I shall just let Ia take care of things while I just walk away here. Nicos sent back.
    "Wait, so it's just the nutcase of an elf you want? 'Cause I'm just passing through here, there's no real need to detain me. If you would be so kind as to let me return to my companions and go about my business, that would be quite nice of you," Nicos said, maintaining a relaxed pose, "However, if your mistress needs to speak with me, who am I to argue?"
    I'll distract her forces for you. Go on ahead. Nicos sent back to Theda.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda sends back, as they make time towards the mountain.

"Understood, and good luck. In case this link is severed, we'll try to make our way back to this point when we are finished. Or...look for us at the mountain ahead."

23. - Top - End - #593

((fine. I'll deal with these guys and you guys can work towards the plot. Just make sure your hivemind works.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ia readies an action to transfer himself to the far realms if the creatures take aggression towards him.

"You foolish creatures are mortal. To even try to stop me, you will have to be much stronger than your pathetic master."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Drow & Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you begin flying towards the city and the crater, it seems that a large red dragon in the sky is not too odd of a sight here as no one seems to be bothering you. You see a large black palace carved from molten rock. It sits at the edge of the city.

Ia & Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The balor who had been guarding Nicos glares over angrily as do the others as the captain lets out a roar. "Raghhh! I've had enough of your insults, elf! Crush him!" The balors leap in the air as the large centipede-like demon moves forward. It lets out a screech before raising approximately 8 of it's arms into the air and bringing them down hard, cracking the ground. It seems confused when it hits nothing. and squints a bit to make sure it didn't miss at the cracked ground. The balors also join in with gazing.. (At this point in time, no one is watching Nicos.That last comment really ticked them off with the insult and threat of their mistress being addressed.)

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda took in the palace that seemed to be lava that was somehow still holding its shape. She watched to see if she could see if there were any people down below who were able to walk around on such a surface - and whether all of those seemed to be hellish denizens likely to be immune to such heat. She also began scouting possible landing spots.

"Iivraena, are you two able to handle the extremes of heat? If not, I can give you a measure of protection."

26. - Top - End - #596

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena tilted her head up in thought as Theda pointed out a good question. They were definitely in what was supposed to be considered extreme temperatures... but she'd never been bothered and it hadn't been prior to her asking that she realized it was weird for her to still be surviving as if she were merely in room temperature. "Now that you mention it... the heat hasn't even been bothering me. I think we were spared from being burned alive here when we arrived because we shouldn't probably still be breathing should that not be the case. So, save your spells for things we may actually need them for." The more she thought on it, the more it made sense as she also remembered the scroll had been made fire-proof. She sighed softly as she looked down with Theda, keeping quiet for a bit before speaking,, "So how do you propose we go about getting to Belial anyways?"

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, when we were all teleported here, we were given Endure Elements on us permanently by Beezlebub. It remains upon as long as the flies are still infused with us. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to survive here. But yeah Tsume wanted me to relay that to you and the others since that kinda wasn't 100% clear anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah. Could I get some clarification, then? Walking through hot, smoky air is one thing. Landing on lava is quite something else, and well beyond the coverage of endure elements. Is the palace really made of 'molten rock', or am I reading too much into the description?

Theda looks around the palace.

"Once we know for sure that the palace belongs to belial and not his daughter, I'm hoping that those nifty badges that our employer gave us will get us close. Trouble with the hierarchy, I figure we're relying on your persuasive manner to get us through. Trouble with bits of nastiness outside of the hierarchy...well, we are not without resources."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's cooled molten rock, sorta like a lava field or those giant lava flows in Hawaii after they cool down and make those cool black walls of lava. The city itself is not in the crater but is kinda suspended in the middle of the crater by a large stone pillar jutting up underneath the entire thing.. So yeah the whole place is made out of more or less lava rock but it's more like pumice and obsidian than actual molten lava.

Drow & Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The town square seems to be the most obvious place to land as it's the largest area though there may be some complications with the locals as most people don't go landing large dragons in the middle of town. There is an area just outside the gates which would also be suitable for landing.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Does this seem to be a city of devils & assorted fiends, or more people-focused?

I was actually hoping to skirt the city altogether and get to the palace. Even if there's no place to land, Theda might be able to circle overhead and try to connect with someone telepathically to request an audience.

30. - Top - End - #600

"Hey, big and red, are you going to drag me to your mistress or not? I have errands to run, yugoloths to deal with," Nicos said, as loud as he could without shouting.
    The yugoloth comment should convince them that any information I have is important, or it'll be disregarded and allow me to go free. besides, if worst comes to worse, they don't look too bright, I should be able to talk circles around them. He thought to himself, smirking.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-04-09 at 06:02 PM.