New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

I guess we should continue on the path Theda has designated. If she should be overwhelmed I am sure our minds shall hear it before our ears hear the screams. Pilo ruminates, and continues on the path Theda pointed out.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel movement to the right of you and your creature both as something is trying to desperately move away from you. It is at present 30 ft away from you and heading further down, most likely into another chamber or the one it came from.

Invelios and anyone continuing on
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your eyes need time to adjust as the next cavern brightens up as you enter, the walls around you shimmer with crystals of all different colors, creating a beautiful yet ultimately chaotic light as it flashes between the many colored gems.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Tsukemen:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! Submarine warfare.

Tonn remains in elder Xorn form, and Theda transforms into a huge earth elemental. Tonn moves 50' around the whatever-it-is-we're-chasing to put himself directly in its path of movement, and attempts to grapple. Theda, trying to anticiate the direction of the creature's movement, moves 30' to try to interpose herself in its way, and also tries to grapple. Miss chances all around because, I'm guessing, nobody can actually see each other. Unless it somehow has a way to see, and not just sense, underground, it won't get AoO's for us attempting to grapple.

Tonn:
    Touch Attack [roll]1d20+22
    Miss chance (low is good) (1d100)[55]
    opposed grapple: (1d20+25)[43]
    Damage on successful grapple: (1d6+3)[7]

Theda: Touch Attack [roll]1d20+25
    Miss chance (low is good) (1d100)[1]
    opposed grapple: (1d20+32)[40]
    Damage on successful grapple: (2d10+13)[15]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-11-30 at 11:18 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try those attack rolls again:

Tonn: (1d20+22)[29]
    Theda: (1d20+25)[36]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I think Tonn should have no miss chance since he has blindsense/tremorsense)

As Tonn attacks it grabs the creature holding it still while you easily reach their area and also succeed in a grab. You now both have hold of the assailant as it wiggles to no avail against your earthen bearhug.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Although the chamber was fairly spectacular in black and white, Nicos decided it might be easier to drop into existence, if only to see where the others were. Nicos seems to gradually phase into existance at the mouth of the chamber, turning from shades of grey, to black and white to full color.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dismissing Path of Shadow.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Once the whatever-it-is is in hand (ie not just grappled, but pinned), Tonn changes into an earth elemental as well, and together they drag it up to the tunnel again. As soon as they're emerged back into the air, Tonn turns into a Pit Fiend and re-secures his hold on the person, while Theda briefly abandons humanoid form altogether in order to become an Aboleth. She reaches out with both her mind and her tentacles to try to snare the rock-roller's will.

[Tonn is maintaining the pin to the best of his ability, and is not yet permitting the whatever it is to speak. Theda will leave her tentacles wrapped around whatever it is they've caught, and use the enslave power (DC 19 or be dominated) up to three times, or until it works, whichever comes first.

"What is your name, pretty thing?"

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Save
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[13]
    (1d20+11)[13]
    (1d20+11)[24]

(failed the first time so you keep your other two uses)

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature speaks in a light tone as you commanded it, "My name is Alir."
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-01 at 07:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Theda gestures for Tonn to carry Alir gently with him, and Theda hobbles along after in Aboleth form. The three head forward to meet up with the rest of the group.

"Alir, tell me everything you know about your master."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Alir speaks and as you are nearing the group you all hear the words, "He shifts as you do, freely through these caverns like a shadow. His powers are vast like a web, connecting himself to the power of his artifact directly. He can destroy minds with a word as easily as one could with a mace."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsumeken, let me know if it's your ruling that the dominate effect only lasts while I'm in aboleth form, and I'll stay in it longer, but other forms make it easier for me to converse and, well, move.

Also, can I get a bit of a description of what Alir is?

Tonn shrinks down slight, becoming a winged pit fiend, while Theda switches back into Balor form, the better to be recognized by her companions. The two speed up considerably as they move forward over the rubble of the boulder and towards, literally, the light at the end of the tunnel and back onto the course provided by Find the Path.

"Interesting! And I was most impressed, Alir, with your stealth in concealing both yourself and a massive boulder. How did you manage that trick?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

((I rule that it's your mind connected to Alir's so if you change back there is no penelty on the domination))

Alir hold's up their right hand as they point to the ring on their finger. "This ring allows one to pass through rock as if it were water, though only for a short time. As for the boulder, my masters magic's had created a special object for that." pulling out a wand Alir hands it to you to inspect. "It used to summon a ball of rolling fire, but no it summons one of solid stone to crush intruders."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda nods, intrigued.

"Interesting. Give those to me, along with any other magical devices or toys that you possess."

As she tucks away what Alir gives her, she gestures at the gleaming chamber ahead.

"What is in there?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

List of things given to you
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of Flame Orb (metamagic to replace (fire/stone) 49/50 charges
    Ring of stone passage (5/10 charges) *
    Mask of the Demon**
    Rope of climbing

*= pass through solid rock for a duration of 5 minutes per charge. If a charge duraion goes out while you are in stone you are molecularly fused into the rock.

**= Also know as a Hanyayna Mask, it was worn by assassin's to hide their identities and invoke fear in their enemies. Anyone wearing this mask is given darkvision as per the ability 60' unless they already posses this ability which then increases the range of the darkvision by 60'. All listen and spot checks are increased by +4

After Alir hand yous all magical equipment on herself (which you now can see is a female darkelf as the other was) She looks into the room before answering. "The crystals in this room reflect magical spells and abilities."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As Theda, Tonn and Alir approach the cavern, Theda sends her thoughts out ahead to warn them.

The good news is that we've caught the rock-roller, another drow assassin, and managed to take control of her mind. If you've got questions about our target, now's the time to ask. The bad news - be careful in that cavern. It reflects magic back at you. We should move through quickly."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Understood. Pilo begins moving forward through the Crystal room carefully. Holding tight to his staff as without the ability to use magic it is his best bet to stave off attack (pun intended.)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

One wonders if it works on the shadow plane. I can't bring everyone there, but it could help to look around. If it does kill me, I assure you it will be temporary.
    Nicos pauses.
    Mordati, I leave the interrogation to you.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda and entourage fly into the cavern, not touching down anywhere. She doesn't stop for more than a nod at the others. She points in the direction that the Find the Path is leading her, and continues flying through at regular speed.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Norpfang
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you going to try the shadow plane or are you following the others through the room cautiously as the others are

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    Find the path seems strange for a second as it indicates forward and then straight down

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Tsumeken
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nicos is sitting back, waiting for everyone else to go through.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    So...a reasonable chance that either things aren't as they seem, or else the magic of Find the Path is being screwed up by the cavern. Can I get a bit more description of the crystal cavern. How big is it? Where are the other exit(s)?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crystal cavern is 120 ft in diameter and about 60 ft high. Pillars of rock and crystal dot around the outsides of the cavern to support the large room. The exits are north, east, and one exit is a hole straight up into the ceiling that is large enough for almost anything to go up in (40 ft wide). Your find the path does say the path east is the correct one.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

With a brief whirl of her finger around her ear, gesturing and glancing at the others in the cavern, Theda and Tonn establish a brief holding pattern. She speaks to Alir.

"Tell me which of these is the most direct path to your master, and what is waiting down that passage."

She points to the eastern tunnel.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reality check for the other players: Am I stepping on toes? Doing too much. I feel like I'm taking the lead overmuch, and would be delighted to back off some, if someone wanted to do more.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-04 at 02:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yes in a cavern the likes of this one, getting the information from a lackey may be better than relying on the old stand by. Pilo muses.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nah its cool, Pilo is a quiet one, and his talents are not the best for this portion of the adventure anyway :)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do hope the charm person/Dominate isn't affected by the cavern though, or we could be in a tight spot.
    Last edited by Invelios; 2010-12-04 at 03:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheers, Invelios. I was also concerned about the dominate, which is why Alir is still being held Tonn. We'll see how good she is at lying, anyway...

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Alir looked down the passage that you had pointed to before responding,, "That way is indeed the most direct, though not what I'd say the safest. Down that way exists a shaft that drops straight into the Master's lair. I cannot say how deep it is, only that I would rather take the long way myself."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda was a patient woman, but the longer that they were here, the more time this Spider-King had to marshall his defenses. With a gesture for Tonn to follow, she flew into the east tunnel, to see what lay beyond, and to see if the signal from Hide the Path changed once she was out of the cavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+38)[53], Spot (1d20+49)[59]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you fly in, you see that the captive spoke true. A hole in front of you descends far into the Abyss. It goes farther than your darkvision can see but you're guessing not too much further. Webs cling to the sides of the hole like ladders, perhaps an emergency ladder or exit for quick escapes. You find the path still points down into the hole.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Tonn sets Alir down well short of the hole, then transforms into his gleaming dragon form and drifts over the hole, looking down, then circles back to land next to Alir. Theda settles to the ground as well, to wait for the others who are still in the cavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    In his dragon form, Tonn's darkvision goes about 500'. Does he get a sense of how deep the shaft is?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You estimate the drop to be at least 360 feet down. The ground is covered with bones.