Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Theda

Spoiler
    Show
    This action will of course be cut short if Pilo's spell kills the spider.

Theda and Tonn pull absurdly large hammers out of the bag around Tonn's neck, and drop down out of the air, changing into massive blue-haired giants as they do so. Each slams a hammer down on the spider - Theda, repeatedly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theda and Tonn turn into Titans. Theda uses Lion's Pounce to burn a feat to full-attack on this action.
    Theda attack: (1d20+35)[49] Damage: (4d6+37)[51]
    Theda attack: (1d20+30)[37] Damage: (4d6+37)[53]
    Theda attack: (1d20+25)[29] Damage: (4d6+37)[53]

Tonn attack (5 points of power attack): (1d20+31)[32] Damage: (4d6+47)[58]

Jump checks to reduce falling damage, as needed:
    Theda: (1d20+25)[36] Tonn: (1d20+25)[35]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-21 at 06:21 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicos sheathes the knives and draws the skull-headed rod again, and points it at the spider.
    Purple-black fire congeals around the head of the rod, starting from the eyes of the iron skull and spreading to cover it in it's entirety. It then leaps off the rod, flying to the spider.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 charges from warlock's sceptere used.
    Touch attack(1d20+22)[36]
    Damage (14d6)[47]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Will save
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+15)[30] (Really? by 1)

The spider's mind already in a wrack of pain rends the last shred of life from it's master as the illusion claims it, the huge creature that one ruled this ave lies dead and unmoving before you all as the cocoons above continue to flicker in their last moments of flaming splendor.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-21 at 09:58 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda sends out a quick mental message to her companions.

"Nice work, gentlemen. Our object is down that passage that the spider came from. Would either of you be able to determine whether there are any magical resonances in this room we should be checking, or if we'd be free to move along?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aye, I can handle that bit of work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Detect magic.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Detect Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even though it is dead, something inside the spider seems to be radiating a strong magical presence.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The spider.....it is....radiating.....magic.

8. - Top - End - #218

Nicos closes his eyes and extends his senses.
    I see it too. How odd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    detect magic (at will) activated.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a bright flash of light from the back of the cave where the World Weaver was sensed from.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Before Iivraena could even ask what the Kyton had asked, she hissed angrily as yet another flash of light engulfed her and, once again, transported her. Her grip on Alakdriirn's leash tightened as she looked around .... allowed her gaze to go to Alakdriirn for a couple seconds .... looked around again, and then not even bothering to control her volume, screamed in Undercommon, "DAMNIT! TELEPORTED AGAIN?! WHOEVER FINDS THIS AMUSING IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF! I WAS SO CLOSE TOO! SON OF A....!!!!" She decided there was no sense in going on as what had happened had already done so... and she forced herself to calm down long enough to get her breathing back to normal.

After her fourth or so deep breath, she was more calm than before. "Alright...." Her anger, however, hadn't completely gone and it showed as she began dragging Alakdriirn roughly beside her. "I'm at least pretty damn sure we're not here by ourselves...." She definitely hoped not at least; it'd be the worst way to be teleported; in an unknown place and alone. Well, mostly alone she supposed. A sadistic smirk crossed her face as she decided that, should the two have been teleported to a secluded spot, it might not be the worst in the end. After all.... that way she'd be able to focus on giving herself a legacy to begin working on, per say.

Still though, that was only a possibility and depending hugely on what may or may not happen here. Her right eye continued to gaze around her new surroundings. Her left remained covered by her eyepatch. As far as her arms, her left continued holding tightly onto Alakdriirn's while her right remained, for now, near her rapier.

This place, thankfully, seemed to be warmer than Levistus's layer, which had made it annoying to remain there and thus her clothes... if one could even call them that.... were more comfortable to be wearing. Her long silver hair flowed behind her back and was left untied by any type of binder. Her clerical robes were black with hints of crimson, the black representing Lolth and the crimson symbolizing blood. Usually, she wore those for when she was sacrificing people in Lolth's name but since she hadn't been able to change prior to the first teleportation, she'd been stuck wearing those. A spider pendant that was meant to go along with her robes hung around her neck and, of course, sandals covered her feet.

Beside her, Alakdriirn wore even less than herself, with only a simple pair of robes and shoes so he wouldn't step on anything such as glass and cut himself. He had his own flowing white hair that was a bit longer than hers, though she cared not. Whereas Iivraena's eyes were crimson, his were dark and piercing, often matching the same gaze she had to give him whenever he disobeyed her. Thankfully, however, this hadn't been the case recently. At first glance, he seemed to be defenseless... but that could be further from the truth. Of course, it was also better that he appear to be this way as it often took people off guard easily.

Iivraena's eye continued gazing around as she continued dragging Alakdriirn beside her. By now, she was definitely calmer though she was still annoyed at having been teleported to some random place. "Well...time to see whom or what is here...." She murmured quietly to herself as she kept her eye and ears both open.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Whoa, who the hell are you and where did you come from? says Pilo, adopting a defensive stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Great now I get to be outclassed as a writer by you in two threads virgo :) good to see you here.

12. - Top - End - #222

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena felt herself subconsciously step in front of Alakdriirn. Sure, this probably looked weird if anyone knew of Drows... but she had a strategy behind it. He was her long range fighter... among other things.... and that in itself was enough to have made her throughout the years agree to protect his life in exchange for him remaining loyal to her. Her right hand remained a bit above her rapier but, for now, didn't dare touch it.

"I could ask you the same. While I'd prefer you to answer me first .... you will have more answers for what I'm about to ask so, for now, I'll oblige with answering you. I am Iivraena Lil'kenafin and this is Alakdriirn. We were trying to do a favor for Levistus .... somehow, we both got teleported before we could his job though. Hopefully he'll have seen I didn't leave on my own accord and thus take his wrath out on me now that I know I won't be likely to finish his request. Now then.... who are you all and where the hell are we exactly?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

On the far side of the spherical cavern, a massive spider is literally belly-up, showing numerous cuts and scorch marks on its flesh. Drifting down to the ground nearby is a balor demon wreathed in flames, carrying a stick that would be, for it, little more than a conductor's baton, a slender backpack slung above its bat-wings. Nearby a gleaming red dragon with a bag hanging from its collar. As they settle, the dragon shifts, becoming stockier and shorter, its scales turning from crimson to a gleaming, sparkling green.

If a true seeing effect is active:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Instead, you see a composed, middle-aged human woman, bedecked in jewelry, brandishing a slender staff, and a tyrannosaurus, with the aforementioned bag hanging from its collar.

She turns her attention to the two new drow, who - she hoped - would prove both less intractible and longer-lived than the last two. The balor turns to examine the two. She didn't understand the drow's words, so decided to cut to the chase, and send her thoughts to them directly.

"Hello. We're not here to kill more than we have to, but when we have to, we kill. You are on a world on the material plane, in the home of a dead spider. We are also here at the behest of a teleportation-happy employer, but not Levistus."
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-22 at 06:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224

A short, smiling man stands in the center of the chamber, smiling faintly. He almost radiates charisma and self confidence. If you were to run into him again, you probably wouldn't recognize him; black hair, long, a little shaggy and a couple days worth of stubble seemed to be stock human male characteristics. Except for the eyes. They're a bland, green-white, with the pupils dialated so far they seem to be little more than pinholes of black. There's a little bit of a psychotic sparkle behind them.
    Two drow, one shouting in a language I can't understand, and another remaining stoically silent. Gnome, care to translate?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kiranvonstrom View Post
    A short, smiling man stands in the center of the chamber, smiling faintly. He almost radiates charisma and self confidence. If you were to run into him again, you probably wouldn't recognize him; black hair, long, a little shaggy and a couple days worth of stubble seemed to be stock human male characteristics. Except for the eyes. They're a bland, green-white, with the pupils dialated so far they seem to be little more than pinholes of black. There's a little bit of a psychotic sparkle behind them.
    Two drow, one shouting in a language I can't understand, and another remaining stoically silent. Gnome, care to translate?
    Aye, I would, if i had a clue as to what the dark lass was saying.

16. - Top - End - #226

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena felt nothing short of relief as the balor spoke to her and admitted they weren't intending on killing her along with giving her the answer as to where they were now. She also realized her Undercommon tongue was foreign to them and she spoke in Common finally upon this realization, "Oh? Really now? So what teleporting-loving demon chose you all then?" Her right hand finally relaxed as it remained by her side and away from her rapier. No sense in getting ready for an attack that wouldn't happen.

Hopefully, the answer would be a more powerful demon as whomever it may or may not be would determine the rewards she could have gotten and seeing if the ones she would be more likely to get this way were better or worse. Granted, a part of her was still somewhat concerned about if Levistus would be angered for her "disappearance" despite it not being her fault. Still... his words were repeating in her mind and she realized now he said she and the others would have been able to make enemies easily; he never said, however, himself wasn't included. Hopefully if we're teleported again, it'll only to be back to the demon and rewarded .... While her mind was racing, another question came to her, "Also, what were you sent to get anyways?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda

The balor smiles slightly, and responds aloud to the inquisitive drow woman.

"Please don't misunderstand, but you've caught us at rather a pivotal moment, and...well, frankly, we have no reason to believe that you're not allied with others whom we've been fighting today. What plane were you teleported away from? Perhaps I could return you there."

18. - Top - End - #228

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena sighed a bit. Though the answers didn't overly amaze her, it was still annoying to hear at times. She smirked a bit as she noted now Alakdriirn was in front of her instead of the other way around, merely signing to him, If this last bit of talking doesn't go well... then prepare for the worst. For now, just remain on guard.

Her smirk remained as she began speaking again to the Balor, "Just somewhere from the material plane. I know not exact locations. However... I realize you don't completely trust me. No sane person would do so with any Drow... which is fair enough I suppose. However, I know I've already proven myself. Let me just word it this way; if I really wanted to have taken any of your souls, I could do so in a heart beat. The fact that you all are still standing is, I hope, proof enough. Or, if this isn't, I'll give myself a blood oath to you all. But know this.... I am not getting teleported away again... not unless it's by a demon who will give me rewards for whatever reasons, whether merely me now being associated with you all or otherwise. But I'm sick of being moved around like a damn toy so I'm not letting you just send me away!" She crossed her arms across her chest, hinting she was dead serious about all of her words, especially the teleporting.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

To All Those Detecting Magic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While this conversation is interesting.... the large magical presence you felt from the spider has begun moving and is slowly but surely making it's way towards the cave where the World Weaver is held.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

My soul is already spoken for, however, that magical presence I mentioned earlier, is hightailing it that away. Pilo points in the direction the magic is moving. I say we keep her. I mean our old nutcase died so we do need a new one.

21. - Top - End - #231

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena stared at the gnome, unsure of whether she should be thanking him or lashing out her temper at him. Granted, he hadn't called her a toy but he may as well have just called her a "pet".... and that was the last thing she was. "Hmph.... at least he gets the idea. I suggest, especially if you do have some other person here aside from yourselves and me, follow suit with him. Now then...." Her eye went right to the gnome. "This magic source you speak of... where exactly is it coming from? Show me... assuming you wouldn't mind...."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by VirgoBushin View Post
    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena stared at the gnome, unsure of whether she should be thanking him or lashing out her temper at him. Granted, he hadn't called her a toy but he may as well have just called her a "pet".... and that was the last thing she was. "Hmph.... at least he gets the idea. I suggest, especially if you do have some other person here aside from yourselves and me, follow suit with him. Now then...." Her eye went right to the gnome. "This magic source you speak of... where exactly is it coming from? Show me... assuming you wouldn't mind...."
    Pilo points at the area detect magic is displaying.

23. - Top - End - #233

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena felt her fist clench subconsciously upon him pointing the answer out. Still, it was better than none but it also reminded her of why she got so annoyed with men often. "Thank you....." She managed to get out, trying to keep her tone as calm as possible. She tugged on Alakdriirn's leash and began heading over. Get ready for another possible fight.... or, if it's not a fight, more talking.... She signed to him, finding herself back in front of him now.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda

Theda extends her mental voice to include the two newcomers.

"This is fascinating and all, but I'd like to make sure that whatever the hells that is doesn't get in the way. You're welcome to follow us."

The balor and dragon launch themselves into the air, orienting to zip along the scorched upper reaches of the cavern. Following the lead of her spell, the Balor and dragon swish over the heads of the two drow and into the tunnel beyond.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

For Everyone Following the Detect Magic Source:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a spindle surrounded in bright purple thread. It is suspended among many webs. A large glowing larva about the size of a young red dragon is moving towards it. It appears to be the thing that was emanating magic.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pilo casts. If this fails make for the spindle, it appears that is its target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mage hand to toss the spindle to Theda, if it appears to heavy, I will move over and grab it, if possible.

27. - Top - End - #237

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena now hated more than ever the fact she had been teleported in the middle of some.... situation of sorts. However, given everyone's reactions she was seeing thus far, something told her the larva wasn't a good sign for them. If she knew more about this thing.... it'd make more sense to her as to why everyone was doing what they were. Her head looked up slightly in thought as she began going over spells in her mind and trying to figure out what would be the most useful in this sort of situation. She spoke allowing herself to be addressing anyone who knew the answer to the following, "Is this supposed to be part of the favor for whichever demon you're serving? I never was informed about that part....."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #238

I am serving, you mean. The others are merely drafted into his service. As for my soul, I'm afraid you wouldn't want it. There are strings attached. What it does, we don't know, and likely haven't bothered to care. Nicos pauses. Do you have names, or should I just call you male drow and female drow?
    Nicos mentally ran over everything he had heard about drow. Looking critically at it, it wasn't much. Dark skin, cruel, arrogant, and conniving. And, what was it, were they the ones that danced around in groves, frolicking with fey? No...that was the other kind.
    Nicos gave the maggot-thing a critical look.
    If it can oppose us at all, it probably has some form of supernatural power. I doubt anything like that could offer physical resistance at all.
    Theda, in that form you're the fastest of all of us, most likely. Would you be so kind as to grab the spindle?
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-23 at 11:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena felt her fists clench again as the male spoke. Still, some answer was better than none and that much she'd give him credit for. "And your master is?" She asked, her eyes never leaving the spindle to ensure whatever was moving towards it didn't get to it before the Balor.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

As the spindle flies to Theda the larva appears to follow it as if trying to catch up to it.

When Theda grabs the Spindle
    Spoiler
    Show
    A portal opens behind you all large enough that even tranformed Theda and tTon can fit through. Inside you see the Antechamber of Beelzebub wherre you had been given your initial mission.