New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Yup.

Three. Not bad, but somewhat disappointing.
    Wyrd Sisters, Soul Music, Hogfather, Colour of Magic - that's four. The first two are animated adaptations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oh no View Post
    ...i honestly hope you were joking...
    Well, I got one a while back, around when I only about 30 hours logged, but accidentally crafted it for scrap. OVER 70 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY LATER I STILL DIDN'T HAVE ONE. I think someone at valve may have intentionally messed with the drop thingy for me. All I get are skullcutters and jarates.

So, yeah, I'll trade a hat for a weapon I don't have. Especially the newer ones. New sniper rifle/melee, axetinguisher that sort of thing.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Well, I got one a while back, around when I only about 30 hours logged, but accidentally crafted it for scrap. OVER 70 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY LATER I STILL DIDN'T HAVE ONE. I think someone at valve may have intentionally messed with the drop thingy for me. All I get are skullcutters and jarates.

So, yeah, I'll trade a hat for a weapon I don't have. Especially the newer ones. New sniper rifle/melee, axetinguisher that sort of thing.
    I will trade you the new sniper rifle/melee.
    Friend Scuzzball555, and wait for tomorrow. Maybe.

Also, Djinn. Can we have party mode tonight if I can get on? I couldn't find you yesterday, and it was my birthday yesterday.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I've got a spare Battalion's Backup. I don't know your Steam name, but click the Steam logo in my sig and send me a message if you're interested.

I also have a spare backburner and ubersaw if you need those.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    Also, Djinn. Can we have party mode tonight if I can get on? I couldn't find you yesterday, and it was my birthday yesterday.
    I can do it too >:

Although I wouldn't have been much help since I wasn't on yesterday either.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Wyrd Sisters, Soul Music, Hogfather, Colour of Magic - that's four. The first two are animated adaptations.
    Five if you count those, there is also a live-action adaption of Going Postal.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-10-31 at 10:31 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

7. - Top - End - #307

Kobold

Also, as many as fourteen of the novels have been adapted as plays.

EDIT: Forget that Mumble-based campaign that's never going to be started

Let's all start looking forward to playing this campaign which we'll never actually run
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-10-31 at 10:55 AM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crosspost from the server thread. Want to make sure people can see it. TL;DR : I'm hosting a 16-player server that runs nothing but Manor. Share gifts, have fun. Happy Halloween.

Spoiler
    Show

So, in response to NeoVid, Doomus, and a couple of others, I'm hosting a 16-player TF2 server. It's going to be strictly temporary, only for farming the gifts and achievements on Manor. With any luck, I'll take it down in the next couple of days and we won't see it again until the next holiday event. There will be a password so that our regulars can get in. That's the whole point of this.

Server info is: 76.73.218.179:27015, password is just "gitp". Win and time limits are set _very_ high, so changing maps shouldn't be an issue. I'd add mods, but the console doesn't recognize sm commands. As a result, we're sort of "mod-less", but I'm sure I can figure out how to kick/ban if someone gets out of line.

Otherwise, go nuts. Have fun. Don't do anything you wouldn't with Djinn watching over your shoulder. Oh, and I may take it down if player count gets low or I need extra RAM. Fair warning.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't actually have much stuff left for trading that I think people would be interested in as I have had to make pretty lucrative offers to get people to pay attention on servers. Lemme check what I've got right now...
    - Paint: color 216-190-216 (I'm partially color-blind so I won't claim to know exactly what color that is), some kind of pink-ish...thingy?
    - Paint: Australium Gold
    - Darwin's Danger Shield
    - Alien Parasite Hat
    - L'etranger
    - Bombing Run Hat
    - Tokens: Demoman (1), melee (1), secondary (1), I used to have more but I crafted them or somethign?
    - Assorted spare weapons for crafting of scrap metal.

I'm looking to get the new weapons. Just friend me on steam and send me a message when you see me on TF2.
    If you still have any of these left by the next time I'm on, I have a Degreaser and a couple other new weapons I can trade. I'm assuming you're Thrawny on Steam.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Heard about this earlier today

Now wondering if I could manage a work placement at Crytek UK Free Radical for my third year
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-11-01 at 07:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312

Imp

NEW TIMESPLITTERS?!?!?!?

yesssssssssssssssss
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #313

I have an extra axtinguisher that I'd be thrilled to trade you. Friend ModernLittleRaven on Steam, and we'll work that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

New ChHa event: Four Horseless Horsemen of the apocalypse.
    Oh yes, its happening. Tell everyone.
    ...Now then...WHEN should it happen?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

So, I recently got TF2 and feel that I want to get in with the Gitp community with that game as well as the ones in LoL. I even may get L4D2 as well.

So, anything I need to know about?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I recently got TF2 and feel that I want to get in with the Gitp community with that game as well as the ones in LoL. I even may get L4D2 as well.

Everything is an in-joke.

Even this.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post

Even this.

Especially this.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Entire server is ghost.
    Or entire server is Jibar, depending.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Entire server is ghost.
    Or entire server is admin abuse. Really depends.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

So, I played and finished X-COM: Enforcer.

It's a terrible, terrible game. It's also nothing like X-COM. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

At the same time, it was also a lot of fun. Somewhat tempted to play it again, just with different weapons or something.

Am I going to get lynched now?
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    So, I played and finished X-COM: Enforcer.

It's a terrible, terrible game. It's also nothing like X-COM. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

At the same time, it was also a lot of fun. Somewhat tempted to play it again, just with different weapons or something.

Am I going to get lynched now?
    No.

Just forced to play TFTD.

You may wistfully think back to the happy option of lynching, mind...

Don't worry. I beat it twice. Once on easy, once on normal. Lot of fun weapons.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Entire server is ghost.
    Note that in the event of either of these scenarios, you can call either Jibar or myself. We are both licensed Ghost Hunters, as well as licensed Jibar hunters.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

No.

Just forced to play TFTD.

You may wistfully think back to the happy option of lynching, mind...

Don't worry. I beat it twice. Once on easy, once on normal. Lot of fun weapons.
    Mass Driver. Weapon of the gods.

Also, I was considering playing TFTD anyway. After UFO Defense, Apoc is boring, mostly because real-time is glitchy (I'll just crouch and stand here for half an hour over and over, or refuse to shoot in spite of orders), and turn-based is just broken. 12 hits in one turn from a single multiworm? No thanks. Having played it before into the late game, I can't quite muster the will to replay from the start and finish it this time.

So... is Interceptor like Enforcer, or is it terrible in a way that's not even fun to play?

Spoiler
    Show
    Update on the translation: It exists. Japanese UFO Defense, for the PS1. It is, however, rare, murder on the load times (load time for starting a mission or ending it is about 2~3 minutes, while screen switches take slightly less long. Also it crashes often.

The PC "translated" version is just a ripoff. It's the English game with a Japanese manual, and about double the price.

Got one response from 2K so far, telling me who I should contact. Have yet to receive a reply from them. I think I'll go ahead with this anyway, mostly for the benefit of... approximately three people I know who own the game and would like to have it in Japanese (what with the whole not-speaking-English thing). Shouldn't be too hard.

The files, though, present a problem. English.dat and English2.dat, I think it was. Doesn't seem to include soldier names. May be missing some other stuff too.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-01 at 11:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post

Even this.

Especially this.
    Entire server is ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Or entire server is admin abuse. Really depends.
    Great! I'll take all this in-joke comments to heart until I can figure out what they really mean deep down.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Great! I'll take all this in-joke comments to heart until I can figure out what they really mean deep down.
    It's all based on old The Clash at Demonhead singles, mainly.

Just remember, you were a fan back in the Kid Chameleon days.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

It's all based on old The Clash at Demonhead singles, mainly.

Just remember, you were a fan back in the Kid Chameleon days.
    Uhhh... sure. Lets go with that.

27. - Top - End - #327

So I crafted the Saxton Hale mask and didn't get the achievement, that little achievement section on the menu says I unlocked it as my most recent achievement but my list of Halloween achievements has it as uncompleted. Is this a common thing?
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

28. - Top - End - #328

Kobold

Werewolves are fire
    Everyone is jibar
    Phase is the moon
    Djinn is an angry tank
    Djinn is also a ninja heavy
    Byrnbot is a polite assassin droid
    Dogmantra hates anything other people like, but is ultimately not a bad person
    Sigs is a crazy creeper but we love her
    Blackfox is so angry
    Kpenguin is a mod now and an IRC zealot
    Don't ever invade small countries

The Space Brindle games are owned only by me and my brothers (also jimmy brindle) but honestly they're really good and no I won't send you a copy.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-02 at 06:39 AM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

So. More translation update.

Turns out that everything I translated comes up either as a blob (shown in the spoiler below, look for the bit that should say "right hand"), or as a mess of characters that have no place in any language I know of (does anyone know a language where X gets an umlaut?)

Two possible issues, here. My Japanese laptop that can type in Japanese is pretending it can't read Japanese (it has done this many times before) or the whole thing needs to be decompiled, translated and recompiled.

Either way, unless there's some brilliant solution, I give up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #330
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Werewolves are fire
    Everyone is jibar
    Phase is the moon
    Djinn is an angry tank
    Djinn is also a ninja heavy
    Byrnbot is a polite assassin droid
    Dogmantra hates anything other people like, but is ultimately not a bad person
    Sigs is a crazy creeper but we love her
    Blackfox is so angry
    Kpenguin is a mod now and an IRC zealot
    Don't ever invade small countries

The Space Brindle games are owned only by me and my brothers (also jimmy brindle) but honestly they're really good and no I won't send you a copy.
    You can probably fit me in with dogmantra too, we're married after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148