New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    I thought we got some of the custard back.
    Yeah, in retrospect, I guess we did. Although after what happened to it, I'm not sure you could really call it custard anymore...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Yeah, in retrospect, I guess we did. Although after what happened to it, I'm not sure you could really call it custard anymore...
    Well, at least the jury called it custard.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

No, the Jury ruled it a custody trial.

4. - Top - End - #994

Kobold

It was the best custody trial. I got to keep half of Phase's socks.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, Poker Night at the Inventory is out. And now another facet of my life will be infested by people (mostly myself) moaning bout bad beats in poker.

Oh well.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

6. - Top - End - #996

Imp

Is anyone else having trouble with Poker Night? The options menu, of all things, wasn't displaying properly for me, so I couldn't adjust my settings, so everything was high quality and laggy. I begrudgingly gave up a few hands in (and I was winning, too! I had just won about $8,000 from Max!) and reinstalled, but don't have time to play right now.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Orc in the Playground

I have now lost enough money to the heavy that he should be able to fire Sasha in the next battle.

I have also managed to nab myself the shades without ever winning a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    BE RIGHT BACK BUILDING IMPOSTER A SHRINE.
    Names I own:
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Mario
    Phase
    Kainozzo(Pending litigation)

8. - Top - End - #998

Guys, guys!

I suck at poker!

Help me!
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    If it was possible to hitch-hike across seas, then I would have done so already.
    Unfortunately, my friend, if I'm in the States anytime soon it won't be until summer and I don't think I'll be there for long. Or leaving Ithaca.
    Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    Guys, guys!

I suck at poker!

Help me!
    SECONDED.
    Everyone explaining the rules confuses me. I THOUGHT GETTING 6, 7, 8, 9, of hearts COUNTED for something! I ALMOST HAD MAX'S GUN AND LICENSE TO MAIM!

Edit:
    Added a section for emails in the Secret Saxton list thingy. Or are we going to friend everyone? We should make a steam group.

Edit again:Join. Onasuma, you mentioned organizing this. I'll get you privileges in the group once I find your name.
    Last edited by Scuzzball; 2010-11-22 at 11:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    SECONDED.
    Edit again:Join. Onasuma, you mentioned organizing this. I'll get you privileges in the group once I find your name.
    It says invite only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    ...Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    Raven gets one free LOL from me. Start collecting LOL's now!
    Also known as Raven, and various derivations thereof.

11. - Top - End - #1001

Quote Originally Posted by ShortOne View Post
    It says invite only.
    Scuzzball is silly.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Thoughts on Poker Night:

The cursor and lag really bugs me.

The banter is hilarious and awesome -- until it repeats. When you get into a protracted set one-on-one, you have to listen to the same lines a lot. The conversations never fail to make me laugh, but the one-liners are already wearing thin.

The poker is decent. I've won about a third of my games, including a come-back from last place. I'm okay at poker, not great, and that's where I'm at in game. Strong Bad bluffs too much, and Tycho seems to bluff rarely for me.

I'm enjoying the game. It's worth the 5$, easy. I'd like the chance to play for items more often, but c'est la vie.

EDIT: So I'm going to offer some poker advice. Spoiler'd to save on length.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1) There's a question mark on the left of Fold-Check-Raise. Use it. It shows the possible hands by descending rank. You should be able to get a few clues just by reading that.
    (2) Number one tip I've learned by playing Hold 'Em: Unless someone bets heavily, always check/call to see the flop. (First three cards.) Barring lucky draws, you'll get your most accurate impression of that hand from the flop. Even at later rounds you'll only be spending 1k or 1.5k to see those three cards. I've picked up a full house, today, just from immediately going to the flop. A worthless hand to a winner. If someone bets heavily before the flop, decide if you want to continue. But always go for it if you can.
    (3) Fold early, fold often. Lose 500 or 1000 at a time and wait until you can win that 30k pot. In real life, it might not work. In game, it does. Don't blow your money. Don't go all in unless you're desperate or think you can really sucker them for the extra dough.
    (4) A handy tip: Most of these hands will be determined by a three of a kind or worse. I'd say an easy half of these hands are won by high card, a pair, or two pair. If you start with a Q, K, or Ace, go to the flop. If you start with a pair, or get one early, you have a decent chance of winning already.
    (5) Pay attention to the players. Strong Bad tries to bluff to victory, in my experience. When the Heavy checks every round and then places a big bet on the river (last card), he's bluffing to smoke you out. Watch their styles and learn when to go for it, or back out.

Learning the probability/likelihood of hands is best taught by playing. But think about the meta-game. That's a large part of poker.
    Last edited by Valaqil; 2010-11-23 at 12:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1003

Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzball View Post
    SECONDED.
    Everyone explaining the rules confuses me. I THOUGHT GETTING 6, 7, 8, 9, of hearts COUNTED for something! I ALMOST HAD MAX'S GUN AND LICENSE TO MAIM!

Edit:
    Added a section for emails in the Secret Saxton list thingy. Or are we going to friend everyone? We should make a steam group.

It only counts if you have 5 of the same suite. Then it's a flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Thoughts on Poker Night:

The cursor and lag really bugs me.

The banter is hilarious and awesome -- until it repeats. When you get into a protracted set one-on-one, you have to listen to the same lines a lot. The conversations never fail to make me laugh, but the one-liners are already wearing thin.

The poker is decent. I've won about a third of my games, including a come-back from last place. I'm okay at poker, not great, and that's where I'm at in game. Strong Bad bluffs too much, and Tycho seems to bluff rarely for me.

I'm enjoying the game. It's worth the 5$, easy. I'd like the chance to play for items more often, but c'est la vie.
    I've never had a single graphical error in my game except for one time where I came back from the pause menu and only had one card in my hand.

Also, yeah, the one liners start getting a little thin after a couple times of them repeating. They should definitely add more dialogue, or gasp, more characters.

I did manage to win Max's gun and badge already and had a chance at Strong Bad's Glasses.

14. - Top - End - #1004

EDIT: So I'm going to offer some poker advice. Spoiler'd to save on length.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1) There's a question mark on the left of Fold-Check-Raise. Use it. It shows the possible hands by descending rank. You should be able to get a few clues just by reading that.
    (2) Number one tip I've learned by playing Hold 'Em: Unless someone bets heavily, always check/call to see the flop. (First three cards.) Barring lucky draws, you'll get your most accurate impression of that hand from the flop. Even at later rounds you'll only be spending 1k or 1.5k to see those three cards. I've picked up a full house, today, just from immediately going to the flop. A worthless hand to a winner. If someone bets heavily before the flop, decide if you want to continue. But always go for it if you can.
    (3) Fold early, fold often. Lose 500 or 1000 at a time and wait until you can win that 30k pot. In real life, it might not work. In game, it does. Don't blow your money. Don't go all in unless you're desperate or think you can really sucker them for the extra dough.
    (4) A handy tip: Most of these hands will be determined by a three of a kind or worse. I'd say an easy half of these hands are won by high card, a pair, or two pair. If you start with a Q, K, or Ace, go to the flop. If you start with a pair, or get one early, you have a decent chance of winning already.
    (5) Pay attention to the players. Strong Bad tries to bluff to victory, in my experience. When the Heavy checks every round and then places a big bet on the river (last card), he's bluffing to smoke you out. Watch their styles and learn when to go for it, or back out.

Learning the probability/likelihood of hands is best taught by playing. But think about the meta-game. That's a large part of poker.
    Thanks greatly. I still probably can't play well, but now I have a better idea of how. Trial and error + asking random people+your tips should give decent skill.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    I have now lost enough money to the heavy that he should be able to fire Sasha in the next battle.

I got my shades the old fashioned way.

An all in one on one duel with Strongbad himself.

Game opened with an all in downing the heavy. Kept alive for the rest.

Won with 3 ladies. That's right. I beat him at his own game.

And right clicking skips dialog.

Edit: Oh, and early on, betting big scares the crud out of the other guys unless they have killer hands.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2010-11-23 at 01:44 AM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Because I'm putting coals into this hype train or something... NS2 has updated to Beta Build 156. The game is still laggy and you don't want too many players in a server but the amount of stuttering is hugely decreased and the netcode does seem to be a fair bit improved. In this build the game is laggy yet playable and the game is a ton of fun. The new version of blink that the Fade has is cool as hell but a little hard to get used to but it seems like they lost their metabolize attack .

EDIT: Just fell outside the map using Blink and fell into an infinite void as though I'd no clipped out of bounds .
    Last edited by MoelVermillion; 2010-11-23 at 02:20 AM.
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    II did manage to win Max's gun and badge already and had a chance at Strong Bad's Glasses.
    I got me an Iron Curtain.

Heavy was so sad to see it go.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I have two Lugermorphs! Nifty.

Also, anyone else heard Heavy's story about the Engineer? Equal doses Hilarious and Holy Crap.
    Heavy and Max are also BFFs if ghosts get mentioned.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

19. - Top - End - #1009

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Also, anyone else heard Heavy's story about the Engineer? Equal doses Hilarious and Holy Crap.
    That's bleepin' bleeped up, man!
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

I love how conservative Tycho is at betting. And how much he loves giraffes. Also, the music is great and I want a chart of it so I can get my band to play it :-/

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    Also, the music is great and I want a chart of it so I can get my band to play it :-/
    I heard the Dangeresque riffs in there a couple times.
    Show
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

I want this game so bad...
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

23. - Top - End - #1013

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post

Wait, what? I somehow missed this earlier. I've only played one game with an item () and got eliminated. How do you win the item without winning the game? Eliminate that player? If so, I might risk throwing the game just to get those items.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by thetsyman View Post
    Because I'm putting coals into this hype train or something... NS2 has updated to Beta Build 156. The game is still laggy and you don't want too many players in a server but the amount of stuttering is hugely decreased and the netcode does seem to be a fair bit improved. In this build the game is laggy yet playable and the game is a ton of fun. The new version of blink that the Fade has is cool as hell but a little hard to get used to but it seems like they lost their metabolize attack .

EDIT: Just fell outside the map using Blink and fell into an infinite void as though I'd no clipped out of bounds .
    wait you're from perth?

isnt that the setting of those books about dragons and the magic string that murders people?

i didn't know it was set in australia
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2010-11-23 at 09:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1015

Poker Night, fantastic. Got Tycho to call me a Chuwero, and Strong Bad to talk about joining RED. This is so great.
    A handful of true friends, an infinite supply of sodas, a collection of bad movies, and a full supply of webcomics are all one really needs to be happy.

Awesome avatar by Keris Rain!

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    That's bleepin' bleeped up, man!
    Mine isn't censored.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Mine isn't censored.
    No, that's actually what Strongbad says.

Word for word.

For good reason.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh man I haven't gotten that convo yet.

I did just edit the GitP Steam Group Homepage to make the icon more beautifuller through the use of pixels.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Kobold

want this game so much

30. - Top - End - #1020

Wait, what? I somehow missed this earlier. I've only played one game with an item () and got eliminated. How do you win the item without winning the game? Eliminate that player? If so, I might risk throwing the game just to get those items.
    You just have to eliminate the character who bet the item.