New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: War is Coming (IC)

John moves to the south flank of the palisades and joins the other mercenaries
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

The Night Before
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deciding to take the advice of Brother Hector he works about the civilians, trying to cheer them up and raise their spirits, hoping to give them a bit of hope in these dark times.

Diplo:
    (1d20+6)[24]

The Morning

Deklin listens to the sermon of Brother Hector diligently, and only after the rousing speech is finished does he allow his eyes to be torn from the pious man to lay upon Ashwin Dhruv, a great warrior and leader of men who he knew to have served under his father in Bravarra, before his meeting with death on the battlefield.

A great swelling of pride fills the paladin, and as he goes about his business, Brother Hectors sermon and the presence of such great warriors charges his soul and as he hears the alarm sounded he immediately grasps his shield and heads to the South walls, to see what foulness is approaching.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

The sounds of the approaching Kenelm legions rise, but eventually night falls with no sight of them. Horns and loud marching persist throughout the night, loud enough to be heard for miles. The rythmic beating of drums can be heard, in contrast to the dissonant horns.

As the sun rises the next day, the opposing army can be seen. Over the course of the night they've managed to set up a series of fences, barricades, and foxholes. Behind their defensive line, they have countless siege engines, and horses to move them. The sound of their battle formations was not a trick. It would take thousands of men to get this much work done in just 10 hours.

The skies are overcast, and the morning is fairly cool.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is now dawn of the next day. The M.U.T.S recruits last order was to report back to their specialized training at dawn. The Triad members have no specific orders. The mercenaries are poised and ready to defend their position.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-10-25 at 06:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Aramil

Spoiler
    Show

Aramil will find his new commanding officer, and speak softly to him. "Sir, with all due respect, would you think it would be beneficial to us to coat the last bridge in oil? Could we not stop a large number of troops from crossing easily by setting the bridge alight?
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

5. - Top - End - #35

Aramil
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the M.U.T.S archery range, the instructor stands alone, telling any recruits that come by to report to Hunter at the south armory.

South armory

While everyone waits for the last few soldiers to arrive, Hunter answers your question. "The bridge is not our concern but im sure the infantry has something planned."

Once everyone is present, he begns addressing the troops. It looks like there's been a change of plans. Instead of continuing your specialized training, it looks like we're going to move right in to some field training, courtesy of our friends from Kenelm." Everyone chuckles lightly. We dont have any time to mess around. I want all archers to report to Lieutenant Commander Riggs on the southeast palisade. Archers dismissed!" All of the archers immediately start running toward the palisades. "I want all the engineers..."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-10-26 at 05:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Griffon

Aramil

With a quick salute the elf runs toward the southeast palisade as quickly as possible. He hopes that finding the Lt. Commander isn't too hard to find as he reports for his new position.
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

7. - Top - End - #37

Emulas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slightly late due to having finished his acid brew and reading a bit more on magical siege engines, Emalus makes his way to the southern armory.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

The fair haired man got just enough sleep that night, having stayed on the south battlements listening to the approaching army, and speaking to the troops that were about the south walls. Battle was surely approaching.

When dawn broke he donned his armor and slung his shield onto his back. He made his way to the south wall and looked about, finding the highest ranking officer he could and offering any assistance they may need, whether it be assisting a siege engine or even going down to the battlefield and facing the legions of Kenelm head on.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-10-26 at 07:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan Loneblade

Evan goes to the specialized training area, asking around for things to do.
    Last edited by Ryuk01; 2010-10-26 at 08:07 PM.
    Posting rate will be very slow for the time being. I'm really sorry to all those in my PbP games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Aspirations to Infamy OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

10. - Top - End - #40

Emalus
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the M.U.T.S siege engine range, the instructor stands alone, telling any recruits that come by to report to Hunter at the south armory.

South armory

Everyone waits for the last few soldiers to arrive. Once everyone is present, Hunter begns addressing the troops. It looks like there's been a change of plans. Instead of continuing your specialized training, it looks like we're going to move right in to some field training, courtesy of our friends from Kenelm." Everyone chuckles lightly. We dont have any time to mess around. I want all archers to report to Lieutenant Commander Riggs on the southeast palisade. Archers dismissed!" All of the archers immediately start running toward the palisades. "I want all the engineers to report to Lieutenant Commander Hainsley. Engineers dismissed!" The only other engineer takes off toward the castle. You both know where to find Hainsley, since he is the commanding officer of the the only engineer platoon stationed in Highcastle. "I want all shock infantry..."

Evan Loneblade
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the M.U.T.S infantry grounds, the instructor stands alone, telling any recruits that come by to report to Hunter at the south armory.

South armory

Everyone waits for the last few soldiers to arrive. Once everyone is present, Hunter begns addressing the troops. It looks like there's been a change of plans. Instead of continuing your specialized training, it looks like we're going to move right in to some field training, courtesy of our friends from Kenelm." Everyone chuckles lightly. We dont have any time to mess around. I want all archers to report to Lieutenant Commander Riggs on the southeast palisade. Archers dismissed!" All of the archers immediately start running toward the palisades. "I want all the engineers to report to Lieutenant Commander Hainsley. Engineers dismissed!" An elf and a gnome both take off toward the castle. "I want all shock infantry to report to Lieutenant Commander Daley, he should be just north of the Main street bridge. Shock infantry dismissed!" Several foot soldiers start heading toward the bridge. "I want all phalanx..."

Triad Members
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashwin Dhruv rallies all of the holy men and women in the city. He asks that everyone who serves the Triad join him in defending the castle's north flank. There, forces are spread thin, and the undermanned cavalry is expected to pick up the slack.

11. - Top - End - #41

A battle horn sounds a distinctive two-note signal, and several seconds later the same sound can be heard in the distance. A few seconds later the sound can be heard again, but barely audible. Then the war drums begin, surprisingly loud and rythmic. This is soon followed by yelling and chanting, and then a charge.

The first wave consists solely of footsoldiers, many of whom make it to the river bank, but no further. some manage to drop smoke sticks and illuminated objects. one even manages to cast a dancing lights spell in in the shape of 3 white orbs, south of the Main street bridge.

After the dust settles from the first wave, the Kenelm army begin firing seige weapons. Their attacks dont seem to be able to make it beyond the river. As far as the Athlan scouts can tell, both sides seige engines are out of range of each other.

Round 1
    Deklin: Drops a goblin with a smite
    John: Does nothing
    Kenelm: (done)
    Evan: Cleaves 2 goblins
    Emalus: Misses with a ballista bolt
    Elizabeth: Drops a goblins with a charge
    Aramil: Misses with an arrow

Highcastle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-11-02 at 12:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

Standing behind the cavalry Deklin could barely make out the ominous throng of warriors approaching.

*Edit*

As he noticed the goblins advancing, He shouted a war cry and delved into the fray with them, giving a mighty charge, and calling upon the might of Tyr to tear into the goblins flesh.

For the DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to assist a cavalry man ahead of me on an attack, if possible.
    Trying to be brave without dying lol.
    Last edited by Cleavon; 2010-10-28 at 02:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charging Smite on Goblin. 4 + 2 charge +2 Smite

(1d20+8)[21]

Damage
    (1d8+3)[11]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

John gulps nervously and ready's his crossbow
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan, seeing the muscular man beside him leap into the fray, also charges into the mass of goblins. His face is completely devoid of emotion as he swings his greatsword in a vicious arc at his enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[14]
    Cleave Attack: (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[10]
    Posting rate will be very slow for the time being. I'm really sorry to all those in my PbP games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

16. - Top - End - #46

Deklin
    Your longsword bears down on the goblin, slicing clean through his torso. The others near him decide that you are a threat, and redirect their attacks toward you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 goblins base themselves to you and attack with javelins. 1 hits. [Take 3 damage!]

John
    As the hourde of goblins makes its way closer to the merc fortificatins, a group of 5 archers from The Fighter's Guild fire a volly of arrows that manages to take out several of the attackers. As the first few ranks reach the fenses and foxholes they are decimated by traps and melee attacks. It is hard to tell how long these fortifications will hold with hundreds of more goblins in the distance.

Evan Loneblade
    As 3 goblins converge on Deklin, the 2 beside them each pause and throw a javelin at you. One hits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Take 1 damage after reduction!]

In response, you charge the pair, and cleave them in twain with one well placed swing of your greatsword.

Emalus
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Spot Success!] In the distance you can see Kenelm firing siege engines from out of range of the palisades, but their projectiles are landing close to or in the river. Their ammunition of choice includes boulders, bundles of smoke sticks, and pots of alchemist fire. You also see teams of horses and oxen pulling closer what appear to be either mangonels or onagers. They are using their shock troops as fodder, and smoke as cover.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-10-28 at 05:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Emulas
    Instead of firing the ballista, Emulas begins to mutter strange words and trace runes on the siege engine. The ballista is beginning to glow faintly. "This will give them hell."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapon augmentation, Personal infused into the ballista. It has a 1 minute cast time, but he would have begun to infuse it before the fighting actually started.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

John shouts Fire at will! when the goblins are in range and lets loose a single bolt in the direction of the goblins
    Attack Roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[13]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[7]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Griffon

Aramil

The elf readies his bow, picks out a goblin from the crowd and aims for the things throat. "Swift death to the goblin menace!"

Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[7]
    Possible Crit (1d20+6)[9]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d8+2)[7]
    Crit damage (2d8+4)[13]

20. - Top - End - #50

Lady Elizabeth

The knight will charge at the goblins near the paladin, and attempt to strike down one of the vile little things.

Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[21] 3 +2 charge
    Dmg: (1d8+2)[8]

if crit: confirm: (1d20+5)[19]
    Dmg: (2d8+4)[8]
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2010-10-29 at 01:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Emulas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Youve been at your post for over an hour, and the charging foes can be seen and heard coming. You can make an attack with your augmented ballista on round 1.

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hit one of the charging goblins stopping him dead in his tracks. Two or so platoons have made it to the edge of the perimiter, but none have come close to breaching it so far.

Aramil
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblins keep coming, but only 1 out of every 10 to enter the river come out on the other side. The regular archers fire in volleys, while the more skilled archers pick off goblins that reach the palisade.

Lady Elizabeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The goblin falls to your blow and the rest look upon you with terror. Two more close with you and attack with their javelins. Another pair of goblins throw javelins at you. All of their attacks are fruitless.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-10-29 at 02:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

John empties the rest of his clip into the horde
    Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

1(1d20+5)[18]
    2(1d20+5)[19]
    3(1d20+5)[14]
    4(1d20+5)[11]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

1(1d10)[7]
    2(1d10)[7]
    3(1d10)[5]
    4(1d10)[2]

Edit:switching targets every shot
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2010-10-29 at 03:27 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan charges at the goblin who threw a javelin at him, aiming for his thoat with his greatsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[13]
    Cleave Attack:(1d20+5)[25]
    Cleave Damage:(2d6+6)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+5)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

Grinning wide as he looked at the goblins before him he turned his head for just a second to catch a glimpse of the war forged near him and the lady knight destroying their enemies. He kept his sword bearing down upon them and swung low, to cut another goblin down!

Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

Longsword Swipe: (1d20+4)[12]

Vandamage: (1d8+2)[8]

26. - Top - End - #56

Emulas
    Glowing ballista ready, Emulas launches a bolt toward the enemy siege engines, and surprisingly, it seems like it will make the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[9](5d8)[22]
    Target lower hp targets (probably a light ballista)
    Chosen +1 weapon property is distance, which doubles my range increments

27. - Top - End - #57

Kenelm's Turn
    A few onagers are wheeled into place and the crews get to work setting them up. Some ballistas are being wheeled closer to get within range of the palisades, accompanied by platoons of professional legions.

The goblins attacking the mercenary camp are still dropping in mass, and have not yet made any headway.

The goblins attacking the north flank are fighting a losing battle, but continue pressing on while the cavalry is busy with their battle.

Deklin
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 goblins poke at you with their javelins, but miss.

Evan Loneblade
    Spoiler
    Show

Lady Elizabeth
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan mercilessly cleaves the goblins that threatened him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[11]
    Cleave Attack:(1d20+5)[21]
    Cleave Damage: (2d6+6)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

29. - Top - End - #59

Emulas
    Cursing in elvish as his shot goes wide, Emulas takes aim and fires again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    same kind of target as before.
    (1d20+8)[9]
    (5d8)[27]

30. - Top - End - #60

Griffon

Aramil

"You damn goblin scum! This is for every Whitewood slain by your vile hands!

Another arrow launches into the fray.

Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[19]
    Crit Chance (1d20+6)[7]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d8+2)[4]
    Crit Chance (2d8+4)[13]