Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: War is Coming (IC)

Mercenary Camp

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your bolt lodges in the arm of a goblin, but he does not appear to fall.

Palisades
    Goblins and humans begin frantically scaling their ladders. So far, their attempts to burn or smash the walls have been fruitless.

Emulas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your crew quickly reloads the ballista as you direct the next shot.

Aramil
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ladder is easy enough to move, with only a goblin on the bottom rung, but your arms are not nearly long enough to push it straight back. As you try to topple it sideways, you feel a sharp pain as you strain your back slightly. In a matter of seconds, the goblin makes it to the top, and several more start climbing behind him.

North Flank
    Deklin, Evan, and Lady Elizabeth reform the line at the top of the hill. Several dozen goblins and humans still advance, but they seem to be out of reinforcements. Judging by the noise and smoke most of the Kenelm forces seem to be concentrated on the other side of the palisades.

Evan Loneblade
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pair of goblins are not so lucky this time, as a well timed swing crumples them, and opens up a hole. They swing feebly at you as you move back to the top of the hill. You once again stand beside Deklin and Lady Elizabeth.

Deklin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You move back to the top of the hill to rejoin your allies. Some goblins charge the line, but are unable to harm anyone.

Lady Elizabeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    You swing at one of the advancing goblins but he swiftly dodges. Your allies move back to the top of the hill to rejoin you. Some goblins charge the line, but are unable to harm anyone.

Round 6
    Evan: Cleaves 2 goblins and moves to reform the line.
    Emalus: Reaims his ballista.
    Elizabeth: Misses a goblin.
    Aramil: Attempts to topple a ladder.
    Round 7
    Deklin: Moves to reform the line.
    John: Hits a goblin with a crossbow bolt.
    Kenelm: Continues their assault.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Aramil

The elf will 5' step back and shoot the goblin point blank in that case. "Can I get some help over here? I can't hold them off forever!"

Attack
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[9]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Concentrating on defending against the assault, Evan aims to cleave another pair of Kenelm infantry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[15]
    Cleave Attack: (1d20+5)[6]
    Cleave Damage: (2d6+6)[11]
    Posting rate will be very slow for the time being. I'm really sorry to all those in my PbP games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Aspirations to Infamy OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

Giving a glorious shout as he reached the top of the hill, looking to his left and right as he saw Elizabeth and Evan forming the line with him he grinned wide and reached down to pull a broken javelin head from his side, a very cinematic squirting of blood coming from his side but he merely put renewed effort into relieving the closest goblin of his head.

"Give up now! The forces of evil will never prevail!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Expertise for 1 AC:19
    (1d20+3)[20]
    (1d8+2)[5]

5. - Top - End - #95

Emulas again sends a bolt toward an enemy siege engine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (5d8+1)[32]

6. - Top - End - #96

Lady Elizabeth
    As Deklin shouts out his declaration against evil, the knight will follow up with a roar as she strikes out against yet another piece of goblin scum.

Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15] to hit
    (1d8+2)[3] dmg

if crit:
    (1d20+3)[12] to confirm
    (2d8+4)[8] dmg

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

John grunts in fustration and fires another bolt to finish that goblin off
    Attack Roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[7]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[3]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

8. - Top - End - #98

Mercenary Camp
    The first wave of shock troops has been destroyed, but Kenelm appears to have redoubled their efforts to take this flank.

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fire another bolt into the ranks of the goblins. It is hard to see where it hit. Another volley of arrows comes your way, but the wind carries them into a nearby barricade.

Palisades

Emalus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your bolt strikes another oxybeles, sending parts flying. The crewman who was reloading the machine is impaled where he stands. You see one more oxybeles 200 feet away, and a few ballistae about 300 feet away being pulled closer by horses.

Aramil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your arrow flies wide, as does the arrow of the archer to your left. The archer to your right hits him in the chest dropping him at your feet.

Suddenly, without warning, a stone fired from an enemy trebuchet strikes the palisade with a deafening crash. A large breach is opened just west of where some regular army troops are building a makeshift bridge over a ford. The pikemen on the main street bridge are holding strong, but Kenelm appears ready to make a big push at the breach with its regular infantry.

North Flank
    As a platoon of humanoids forms up on the close bank of the river, a boulder fired from an Athlan trebuchet strikes them, killing countless attackers. A great cheer erupts from the conscripts along side you. A dozen of the remaining shock troops begin running around aimlessly in panick. Screams of "Its hopeless!" and "Every man for himself!" can be heard in common. All that remains is a paltry few who are still stuck in the heat of the moment; an emaciated human wearing burlap rags and weilding a sickle, a dozen goblins with loin cloths and broken javelins, and several lizardfolk with sickly pale brown scales and sunken eyes.

Evan Loneblade
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the swarm of goblins moves with you, you swat at them again taking one down. The rest appear exhausted from their attempts to hit you, and completely demoralized by their failure.

Deklin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You strike down one particularly ferile goblin. The rest of the attackers have fear in their eyes and seem to be fighting only out of desperation.

Lady Elizabeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a goblin attacks you with a javelin, you swiftly cut off his arm. He falls to the ground and yells frantically in goblinoid tongue. The rest of the attackers look upon you with terror in their eyes.

Most of the attackers break rank and flee. Some Feign death, and others beg for mercy. A few fight on half-heartedly.

Round 7
    Evan: Drops a goblin.
    Emalus: Destroys an oxybeles and its operator.
    Elizabeth: Wounds a goblin.
    Aramil: Misses a goblin.
    Round 8
    Deklin: Drops a goblin.
    John: Misses a goblin.
    Kenelm: Continues their assault.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-11-29 at 04:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Emulas
    As the ballista is reloaded, Emulas Draws, loads, and fires his longbow as a swift motion.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[11]
    (1d8)[1]
    Targeting the nearest enemy soldier
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2010-11-23 at 07:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Griffon

Aramil

Failure is not an option, retreat is not in his vocabulary. There is no way the elf will let goblins take what is his new home, after they destroyed his old. Humans, Lizardfolk, it matters not. His home was to be defended to his last arrow and then some, as he knocks another in his bow he shouts "Let's show some Athlan pride!"

Attack Roll
    Spoiler
    Show

To hit (1d20+6)[10] +1 if there is a target within 30'
    Damage (1d8+2)[3] +1 if there is a target within 30'
    Crit chance
    To hit (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage (2d8+4)[12]
    I thought of a thought thinking about the thoughts thunk by thinkers. I thought the thought was thunk but I think I thought otherwise.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

John shouts Die! and fires another bolt into the goblin
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[6]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

"Lets mop up whats here and then move down the line, I imagine the cavalry can handle this side given how many we've killed already!"

Deklin looked down and grimaced, seeing another gout of blood staining the leg of his trousers, another javelin head lodged into his side. He growled under his breath and pulled it free, a rather cinematic spurt of blood showing as he looked, finding a goblin with some fight left in him and swiping his longsword at the unfortunate fighter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat expertise for 1, AC=19

(1d20+3)[17]

(1d8+2)[5]

13. - Top - End - #103

Mercenary Camp

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your bolt strikes a goblin in the abdomen and he collapses instantly. He will probably die quickly of blood loss and sepsis.

Palisades

From your vantage point, you can see a large group of Kenelm soldiers racing toward the breech from the east, and a phalanx of Athlan hoplites racing toward the breech from the west.

Emulas
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see an unarmored human with no shield weilding a sickle. As he begins swinging a grappling hook, aiming at your tower, you take your shot. The arrow grazes his arm, and is enough to make him abandon his attempt.

Aramil
    Spoiler
    Show
    You peer down the ladder and see a goblin looking helplessly back up at you as you fire an arrow straight down the pipe. He is instantly incapacitated and falls, knocking another goblin off the ladder. A couple of humans waste no time scrambling toward the ladder.

North Flank

The cavalry returns to your position, having successfully stopped the shock troops to the north. The infantry attacking your line surrender. It seems that the north flank has held strong, and there do not appear to be any more troops coming your way.

An Athlan Captain rides to your position from Main Street. "There's been a breech in the palisades! We need all the infantry we can get, on the double!"

Ashwin rides to the front of the cavalry. "Cruisaders, follow the Captain! The cavalry can hold this flank for now!"

Round 8
    Evan: ...
    Emalus: Drops a human with an arrow.
    Elizabeth: ...
    Aramil: Drops 2 goblins with an arrow.
    Round 9
    Deklin: ...
    John: Drops a goblin with a crossbow bolt.
    Kenelm: ...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

John looses another bolt at the goblins
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[7]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Griffon

Aramil

The elf will try once again to push the ladder way from the wall, asking one or two of his fellow archers to help him if they can spare the time.

Str Check
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[10]

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan Loneblade

Evan listens to the commander, glad to have instruction to follow. He obediently rushes towards the breech in the palisades, gesturing for his comrades to follow.

Can I charge?
    Last edited by Ryuk01; 2010-12-03 at 05:31 PM.
    Posting rate will be very slow for the time being. I'm really sorry to all those in my PbP games.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

17. - Top - End - #107

The Breach

Most of the infantry at the northern flank rushes to the breach. When they arrive, there is a phalanx of Athlan hoplites bottlenecking the advancing troops. Several legions of regluar Kenelm infantry are rushing to the breach, but they are taking increasingly heavy missile fire as they get closer.

Palisades

Some of the archers grab on to a ladder and pull with all their might. A few more archers concentrate their fire at the bottom of the ladder to free it up. This tactic proves successful and the archers are able to pull the ladder up to the top of the palisades.

An Athlan Lieutenant makes his way down the palisades calling off names. The names seem to be those of the best archers, and they are being called to defend the breach. Among those names is Aramil Whitewood.

Mercenary Camp

A member of The Fighter's Guild runs up and yells "John! Follow me! We need some men to the palisades!" He takes off in a full sprint toward the palisades without another word.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-12-04 at 11:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

John says "Got it" and follows that fighter to the palisides
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Lady Elizabeth

She rushes to the breach, ready for more combat.
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2010-12-06 at 02:25 AM.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

20. - Top - End - #110

Griffon

Aramil

Nodding, the elf grabs whats left of his quiver of arrows and sets off as fast as possible to the breach.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

Hearing the word to go and defend the breach Deklin takes off in that direction as fast as guy laden in metal plates can.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan Loneblade

Evan runs as fast as he can to reinforce the defenders of the breach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

23. - Top - End - #113

North Flank

While most of the infantry pause to take a drink of water, or receive healing, three in particular take off in an immediate sprint toward the breach, some with wounds that still leave a blood trail behind them.

Three of the cavalry members race to head them off. One is clearly identifiable as Ashwin with his winged helm, and blue and gold hilted sword. Each of the cavlrymen is leading an unmounted horse by a rope.

"Deklin, Loneblade, Lady Elizabeth!" The horses slow to a trot. "These horses' riders have become casualties of war. Though they are property of the Athlan cavalry, they must not sit idle while the enemy is at our doorstep. Use them well, and may the triad bless you!"
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-12-06 at 07:44 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Emulas
    As the other soldiers make their way to the breach, Emulas and his crew release several ballista shots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shot 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    assists(1d20+5)[7](1d20+5)[20](1d20+5)[25]
    attack(1d20+3)[13](17)(5d8+1)[25]

Shot 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    assists(1d20+5)[7](1d20+5)[12](1d20+5)[20]
    attack(1d20+3)[8](12)(5d8+1)[21]

Shot 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    assists(1d20+5)[24](1d20+5)[12](1d20+5)[25]
    attack(1d20+3)[12](18)(5d8+1)[21]

Shot 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    assists(1d20+5)[14](1d20+5)[11](1d20+5)[14]
    attack(1d20+3)[21](27)(5d8+1)[27]

attack rolls don't include assist bonuses
    The numbers in brackets account for assistance
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2010-12-06 at 07:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Griffon

Aramil

Run, shoot. Run, shoot. The faster I go, the more they fall. My arrows fly true, and may I strike all.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit: (8d20)[4][8][20][15][15][15][20][11](108) add +6 to each of these.
    Crit Chance: (8d20)[7][19][8][4][15][18][14][6](91) add +6 to each of these.
    Damage: (8d8)[2][5][1][8][6][2][7][4](35) add +2 if target is goblin.
    Crit Damage(16d8)[6][1][2][5][7][6][4][3][3][2][3][2][7][3][1][4](59) add +4 if target is goblin. 2d8 per crit.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Deklin

As he and his comrades were stopped he gave Ashwin a hearty grin and took the horse presented to him and gave its neck a pat. He hauled himself up onto the animal and situated himself, looking down the line towards the breach that was slowly being tended to by the Athlan soldiers.

"Kenelm will pay for the men they've taken from us today! The triad will guide our hand to victory!"

He gave a grim nod to those gathered before spurring his horse off down the line. As he rode he checked his wound for a second and shook his head. Nothing life threatening but not his idea of a good time.

27. - Top - End - #117

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Round 0 in progress:
    Evan: attacks a goblin
    Aramil: drops a goblin
    John:?
    Elizabeth: ?
    Emalus: ?
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-12-11 at 07:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Evan Loneblade

"Thank you." Evan replies curtly. He quickly mounts his horse and charges towards the enemy. Looking to his side, he notices the strong warrior riding a horse alongside him. Evan has come to know this fellow soldier as Deklin, and gives a nod of recognition his way. Looking down towards the Kenelm troops, he raises his greatsword high and swings at the nearest goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[18]
    Cleave Attack: [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    Cleave Damage: (2d6+6)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten World
    Casters OOC IC
    War is Coming OOC IC
    Curse of Wizardry

29. - Top - End - #119

Griffon

Aramil

Looking down at his measly five arrows remaining, the elf begins to worry. He takes his time with the next shot, wanting to make it count.

Aiming for the Yahtzee Monster at T17.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[21]
    (1d8)[7] +2 if these are goblins.

30. - Top - End - #120

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Transition:
    Evan: mounts up and heads to the breach
    Aramil: drops 6 goblins
    John:runs to the breach
    Elizabeth: mounts up and heads to the breach
    Emalus: drops 3 Kenelm Legionaires
    Deklin: mounts up and heads to the breach

Round 0 in progress:
    Evan: attacks a goblin
    Aramil: drops a goblin
    John:?
    Elizabeth: ?
    Emalus: ?
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2010-12-11 at 07:59 PM.