New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Okay...note that this is a bit of venting, so you've been warned. Also, this is nothing personal to anyone.

WHAT IS GOING ON OVER IN HUECO MUNDO?!!?!?

I'm gone for less than a day, and all of a sudden because of a rather...well, to be frank, unexpected appearance by Sereg, the fight shifts over to Sereg vs. Rouga! All of a sudden, in my eyes, it makes Pico looks incompetent without having a few friends around.

This...this doesn't sit well with me.

I want it to be known that despite the fact that he is a complete waste of life, he's still an Espada! He's capable of taking care of himself in the event of a fight. His power hasn't decreased since he became Decima, it plateaued!

...Yes, I realize this might sound a bit selfish, but I felt this had to be said on my part. Again, nothing personal, just felt I had to say it.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

That is part of the reason why I had Ivaz only watch the fight. Because it didn't involve her, and I wouldn't like it if somebody did that to me.

That, and it's much more fun to witness violence than fall victim to it.

Well, yeah, but...hey...wait a minute...Ivaz! Get back to the thread.

*Ivaz takes off, laughing*

Stupid characters jumping into OOC threads...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Personally, I think Rouga was having a lot more fun fighting Pico.

The only reason he even shifted focus was because Sereg was a LOT more aggressive than Pico in his approach... and Pico stopped responding (in retrospect, I owe a bit of an apology, as I probably should have given Inyu a bit of time to respond, too).

I was also under the impression that Riccaru had asked to join beforehand, as is customary. Next time I'll ask first.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, if it weren't for those two factors, I would've just rolled with it. It was due to the apparent Worf Effect that Pico was going through because of it compiled with the sudden shift in fighting that got me talking. Again, it was nothing personal, as I feel that riccaru has already gotten enough flak, and I don't want to give him any more.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I find it only fun how Sereg is trying get away with paying his age-old debt by helping in something this trivial, as I feel Rouga would've evetually gotten his arse stomped regardless.

Also, I love Emilie Autumn (yeah, yeah, and her music too...). You should as well. <3
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Personally, I find it only fun how Sereg is trying get away with paying his age-old debt by helping in something this trivial, as I feel Rouga would've evetually gotten his arse stomped regardless.

Also, I love Emilie Autumn (yeah, yeah, and her music too...). You should as well. <3
    I feel that you are totally underestimating just how much of a stubborn, bad loser Rouga is.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay...note that this is a bit of venting, so you've been warned. Also, this is nothing personal to anyone.

WHAT IS GOING ON OVER IN HUECO MUNDO?!!?!?

I'm gone for less than a day, and all of a sudden because of a rather...well, to be frank, unexpected appearance by Sereg, the fight shifts over to Sereg vs. Rouga! All of a sudden, in my eyes, it makes Pico looks incompetent without having a few friends around.

This...this doesn't sit well with me.

I want it to be known that despite the fact that he is a complete waste of life, he's still an Espada! He's capable of taking care of himself in the event of a fight. His power hasn't decreased since he became Decima, it plateaued!

...Yes, I realize this might sound a bit selfish, but I felt this had to be said on my part. Again, nothing personal, just felt I had to say it.
    I was trying to get them to team up again, actually. Not much of a chance for either of them to stop him alone, really.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I was trying to get them to team up again, actually. Not much of a chance for either of them to stop him alone, really.
    I... really didn't expect you to say that. Like, ever.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, didn't Pico already tell Sereg he's done with him? He's with Amada now.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Okay...first off, Frozen's right. Pico's seeing someone else...Sereg, buddy, you have to let go...*sniff*..."Get on with it, Inyu!"

*ahem* Sorry.

I'm totally cool with that. But, for future reference, I would appreciate a bit of heads up next time you want to do this sort of thing. At least to check that the fight wasn't private or anything.

Once more, this wasn't anything personal.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

>.> Amada only joined in because Rouga is an unknown and she feels...

"Pico you moron! You shouldn't be fighting every nobody who throws a punch at you! It makes you look bad BAKA! It's what I'm supposed to be here for, not cleaning up after your drunken rampages!"

...Er...Yeah, that.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-11-20 at 11:27 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Actually...considering the culture Von Geister cultivates, someone challenging him that blatantly, and him totally ignoring it and not fighting back? That would make him look worse. It would make him look weak.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Actually...considering the culture Von Geister cultivates, someone challenging him that blatantly, and him totally ignoring it and not fighting back? That would make him look worse. It would make him look weak.
    ...how? It shows he doesn't even have to acknowledge the challenges. If anything, it would make him looker stronger/more confident then he really is. Honestly, I'm not sure how your logic works on that.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    ...how? It shows he doesn't even have to acknowledge the challenges. If anything, it would make him looker stronger/more confident then he really is. Honestly, I'm not sure how your logic works on that.
    Hrm.

So, Rouga comes in, lays Pico flat, and Pico does nothing. Dunno, that sounds like he loses at least some face.

Really, it's kind of a lose-lose situation in some ways. *Shrugs*

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Hrm.

So, Rouga comes in, lays Pico flat, and Pico does nothing. Dunno, that sounds like he loses at least some face.

Really, it's kind of a lose-lose situation in some ways. *Shrugs*
    Depends on who's watching really, because both of them could. Cause Rouga's a coward for beating someone who won't fight back which isn't going to get him the respect he wants while Pico...either doesn't want to fight which may look bad, or doesn't think Rouga's worth fighting. Which isn't bad for Pico but not necessarily good either.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Really, it's hard to say. But I'm basically positing their culture as being the worst aspects of predator food chains mixed with sentient participants. Like, I dunno, hyenas or something. I'm not even sure there's a natural parallel for hyper-predators like Hollows. Even humans aren't so universally aggressive.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

Hey, if Pico didn't fight back, Rouga would beat him up till he's unconscious and move on to the next guy. It's that simple.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cowardice" is utterly irrelevant concept in the culture Von Geister cultivates. No, scratch that: cowardice is something his culture cultivates, rewarding dishonesty and backstabbery; without at least some paranoia, there's no way to sustain a public position like that of an Espada's, unless you're so much more powerful than all others you don't really have to.

For the record, I'm not convinced even the Ghost King is that good.

Not fighting back in a situation like that has grand total of one possible consequence (death) - either because your adversary kills you, or scavengers crop up to finish his work. Remember what I had Michiko tell about 11th Division? Everything of that applies to every Espada position.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-11-21 at 08:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Von Geister is supposed to be only slightly superior to Genoveva in raw power. He falls short in agility, however.

The thing is, he is much, much more versatile. His bioengineering is every inch as versatile as Kido.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Von Geister is supposed to be only slightly superior to Genoveva in raw power. He falls short in agility, however.

The thing is, he is much, much more versatile. His bioengineering is every inch as versatile as Kido.
    Yeah...Geister has much more options in combat while Genoveva focuses more reliable and more basic tactics (barring aspect auras) which is one of the reasons she's working on a new skill. She's a bit dull to write in combat as is.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah...Geister has much more options in combat while Genoveva focuses more reliable and more basic tactics (barring aspect auras) which is one of the reasons she's working on a new skill. She's a bit dull to write in combat as is.
    She's also not supposed to fight very much right now anyways, so this is sorta a non-issue for a while?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    She's also not supposed to fight very much right now anyways, so this is sorta a non-issue for a while?
    1.)No reason she can't lay groundwork for improving the character.

2.)The Espada are, as we see, rather prone to infighting. Thus, Genny may well find herself in some sort of a fight or another.

The Captains get less screen time because they're not dealing with a life of being top predators in a society of sentient hyper-predators.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not saying that she can't improve the character, I'm just saying, not really pressing, is it?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    What KD said, that and it gives her something to do besides plotting how to kill her enemies. Or something to do while she's plotting that.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

What KD said, that and it gives her something to do besides plotting how to kill her enemies. Or something to do while she's plotting that.
    And we all know how dull internal monologue gets after a while.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

@riccaru: Where is Akio going?

Also, which day is he in? Using Ep.3/Janitor plot as day 0, Mortal World is in day +1, while Soul Society characters cover a span from day +3 to +7. I'm not sure which day Natsuko giving birth is supposed to be happening, but to me it seems Akio is in the "future" of Mortal World - if he jumps there now, he'll not end up in any of the current scenes.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @riccaru: Where is Akio going?

Also, which day is he in? Using Ep.3/Janitor plot as day 0, Mortal World is in day +1, while Soul Society characters cover a span from day +3 to +7. I'm not sure which day Natsuko giving birth is supposed to be happening, but to me it seems Akio is in the "future" of Mortal World - if he jumps there now, he'll not end up in any of the current scenes.
    Oh. Hmm... Confusing

Anyway, he's going to ultimately look for Elder. No, not for round 2. He can stay in limbo until things get ready for him, so it's not a big deal.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

Booze. It means friendship.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    And we all know how dull internal monologue gets after a while.
    Yeah, cause I'm really going to give insight to how Genoveva thinks.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, cause I'm really going to give insight to how Genoveva thinks.
    My point exactly.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show