New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shades of Delusion: The Aftermath

Vorpal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarris nods discreetly to the twins, and turns his view to encompass the rest of the people in the area.

[OOC: Sarris will change his readied action to cover everyone else: If they try to escape and they aren't apprehended by someone else by the time they reach the maximum range of his telekinesis (150 feet), he will telekinetic thrust them back toward Domile, trying not to harm them.]
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Somnium continues rabbling on about his "scientific material", despite of Domile's statement and his future to be questioning. "So, how does one actually touch the guy safely? I can't make a donation to science if I don't actually touch him somehow, you know!.. I'm free to do that after you've done your business with him, right?.."
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

3. - Top - End - #213

Yamada Tarō

While the earth genasi makes a sour grimace at the insinuation that he might not be truthful he does not protest. This was a legitimate authority after all. It was in their right to detain and question them. Still using the naginata as a crutch, he limps up to Raynor's side. On the way he gives the crystal eyed dwarf a nod of respect and a friendly smile. The people of Yamashiro, while harboring few of the Short Folk, held the dwarves in high esteem for their stability and adherence to tradition and law and this one seemed to have a bit of the Earth in her too.
    At Raynor's side the samurai remains standing, he didn't think he could sit down without hurting himself further and wasn't going to experiment. His motions are deliberately slow and unthreatening, both because he is armed and does not want to give the inquisitor and his people the wrong impression and because that frankly was the only way he could move at the moment. Making a for the circumstances deep bow, more a very deep nod, he greets Domile with respect. He hesitates slightly before speaking, though, unsure how to adress this "Commander of the Order of Epiphanies". He was probably not their highest commander, such a lofty person would certainly ride with a bigger troupe and have other do the fighting for him. But what then? An ambassador? Or just an official passing through? Not wanting to hesitate too much he settles on deep respect but not too much.
    When the genasi speaks his deep bass of a voice is tight with pain but steady and confident: "Greetings, Domile-sama. I am Yamada Shīkā-o-tōsai Tarō, samurai to the Lord of Yamashiro and a Wandering Seeker. I am honoured by your presence." It irked him a little to repeat his title, but he knew that Outsiders had little understanding of his culture and wouldn't understand otherwise.
    And he is honoured. He had met people from the Order of Epiphanies before, people not unlike himself, and he knew them to be honourable and steadfast enemies of the Priests of Ruins. But he didn't know much more than that and never had he met one as exalted as Domile.
    The question then was... did they know of Yamashiro?
    Last edited by Calenestel; 2010-12-02 at 02:54 PM.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

Big thanks to Savannah for the badass Papa Wolf avatar!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Banned

Gearna strides up with hands on her hips, and her lips pursed.

"Hello, Derrick." she snips.

The Inquisitor momentarily looks like he's swallowed a sour lemon.

"Ambassador."

"I can vouch for two of these men. They have risked much for me."

"Lady Sheaux, I must verify this from all angles. You yourself I hear might have brought the Gobbler into the city, unchallenged. For all your talents, this is not one of them. Now, silence, for a few minutes, would be appreciated, as I verify your claim."

"My CLAIM? I'll have you know..."

"Lady..."

"...that I am a fine judge of character myself, and one of them can barely walk..."

"LADY...."

"...though he is too proud to admit it. He might fall over at any...

"LADY! I will bless them, but if you cannot quiet yourself for five minutes you will also be detained and DAMN your diplomatic repercussions." Domile says, and if Gearna's eyes were blazing, the look in the Inquisitor's is the stone about to be rolled over the fire.

To the trader's credit, she holds his gaze for a few moments but finally drops her gaze.

The Inquisitor listens to Taro's introduction and bows in a culturally perfect leaning.

"Do you, Yamada Shīkā-o-tōsai Tarō, by choice or coercion, have association with, serve, aid or in any way have dealings with the Cult of Ruin or any sympathetic to their cause or coerced as I ask you now?" he questions.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-02 at 10:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Yamada Tarō

"No."
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" - Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #216

Raynor gives a silent chuckle at the austere swordman's abrupt reply.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Banned

Domile nods approvingly. This is a man who obviously likes straightforward answers.

"Then accept the blessing of St. Cuthbert, and the thanks of our order, and I personally, for your aid in the capture of this brute and the protection of the citizens of Edra." the inquisitor responds in a ceremonial tone.

He crosses his hands before your abdomen without actually touching, and there is a dim liquid glow. When the light fades, Taro is completely healed, the wounds vanished.

Taro
    Spoiler
    Show

The glow brings a warmth of well being to your insides. It's like being caressed and filled with warm milk and honey. You are healed (3d8+14)[31] HP.

Edit: Wow, perfect roll. Which means you are up to full HP (not including Con loss)
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-02 at 11:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Yamada Tarō

Breathing a deep sigh of relief, and not bothering with feeling embarrase about it, the samurai relaxes. He felt... weak... still but not from a wound for there were none left. It felt more like he was tired. Bowing deeply, from the hip, in a wordless show of gratitude the earth genasi stays to listen to the how the situation evolved.

9. - Top - End - #219

Somnium whistles to his donkey to come over and returns to the inquisitor, slightly annoyed. "Hey, come on, can I get a short, simple answer here, please?" - he says, jumping on the trusty ol' donkey to stand taller.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

"No." Domile replies, not even glancing over at the kobold.

He does turn to Raynor and says, "And you sir, I ask the same question I did the honorable Samurai."

In the meantime, the paralysis seems to have worn off the Gobbler, who blinks and cricks his neck.

"Your restraints will keep you from trying any of those tricks, Ruiner!" Sir Orwell says to him. "So be still as death, or it will be for real!"
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-03 at 09:45 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221

"Oh well." - Somnium says, hopping off his donkey and getting close to the ruiner, looking at his face now, with the same expression a child has when he sees a lion in a cage for the first time, and asked the same occasional questions as he did before to the captured instead: "Hey, what's your power?" The kobold obviously didn't expect it to work, but hey, it could be worth a try.
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-12-03 at 09:53 AM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

Gottlöb turns his head at an angle to inspect his inspector and a wide smile spreads across his face.

"The Inquisitor is the only one allowed to ask those questions, doncherknow? He'll be on you soon. Yer either for his law, or dead. He don't seem to like you much, so it'd be #2 I'm thinking, HA! But, now, now, I might have some things to tell, but since I know no reason to tell it, as only the holy executioner here can torture, you'll have to wet my lips a little. Tell, me, what can YOU do Rainbow Man?"
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-03 at 10:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

"Oi ain't never knowingly aided a ruiner," Raynor states, reaching a hand behind his head to scratch his neck.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

Domile's lips quirk at the not-quite-answered answer, but apparently doesn't feel the need to press the issue.

He makes his official expression of gratitude and spreads his hands once more, leaving Raynor still a little bruised up, but well on his way to recovery.

Raynor
    Spoiler
    Show

A tingling sensation spread across you, a light tickling like being immersed in seltzerwater.

Where the fizzing ends you no longer feel pain. You regain (3d8+14)[23]
    HP.

15. - Top - End - #225

Raynor stretches luxuriously, and gives a thankful nod to the Inquisitor.
    "So can we noggin on den? Oi'm in sore nade av a festival, an' an ale."

16. - Top - End - #226

"Meh, I've been warned." - Somnium replies at the mention of punishment by the inquisitor. As "the ruiner" asks about the kobold's power, however, that made the scaly one think for a second, still, he cheerily replied shortly: "Power, you say, hm... I can do little bit of everything, other creatures' abilities included. Kinda like you, from what I've heard, if you come to think of it. Kinda funny, don't you think? Your turn!"
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-12-03 at 11:17 AM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

"By all means, it is worthy time for celebration. Go in peace." the Inquisitor replies, and the riders break up their circle and reform about him.

"Are you injured, Ambassador?" he says over his shoulder to Gearna.

Gearna gives him a look with ice in it, "I am fine. Thank you for your concern."

The Inquisitor must have resistance to cold for he seems unphased and bows slightly to her. She in turn gives a curtsy, or more like a sharp flick of the hem of her dress, and then she turns back to Taro.

"You're count is up to two now." she says, warmth seeping back into her tone. She then smiles mischievously at Raynor, "So you'll have to catch up. Not right now though. By the gods I need a drink."

In the meanwhile the verbal dissection continues between the Ruiner and the Scientist.

"Well, I'm hungry is all. I can sup a lake and still be thirsty, and if you've ever heardtell them saying 'hungry enough to eat a horse', well, I just think that one a snack. You were delectable. Please excuse my having a taste, it was such a little nip."
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-03 at 11:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Yamada Tarō

When Raynor too answers satisfactory the samurai again bows to the inquisitor. "Domile-sama. I thank you for your aid with the abomination as well as your healing. Be wary of the creature. He is a tempter." He spoke from experience, and you could tell from his voice. Granted, it hadn't been any promises of gifts and he hadn't been very tempted by it. But still. Calmly he spares a glance for the little kobold-looking creature chatting the ruiner up.

With yet another deep bow from the waist the samurai backs away from the inquisitor a few steps before turning away. Gearna is afforded a tired smile, quite unlike his usual stony facade and he bows to her as well. "There is no count, lady Gearna. I was happy to be there. The ruiners are my enemies as much as yours. Or the Order's." Still, it was good to be appreciated, and the friendly, and not very common, smile on his face belies the humble words. "I'm afraid I made a downright bloody mess of your bed though." He had the distinct feeling that he was blushing when he said that, but he kept his voice calm, happy that blushes didn't show in his skintone.

Vorpal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet! Bonus XP!

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got ninja'd. I'm slow, I know. I'll edit the post as quick as I can.
    Last edited by Calenestel; 2010-12-03 at 11:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Somnium looks at the hand he touched the Gobbler with, and then back at said "eater". "Oh." - he says, inspecting the fallen hungry guy again, shuddering slightly when an idea has struck him: "Can't you find a creature with regeneration and bind it somewhere, though? A troll, perhaps? That'd be an infinite food source!"
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-12-03 at 11:47 AM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Sarris rides over to talk to the new acquaintances, making a point of passing behind Somnium on the way. "Abetting the enemy, scientist?" he asks dryly as he does so. "Not the best idea. Already under some suspicion."

He dismounts when he reaches Tarō and Gearna and gives each of them a nod of acknowledgment and respect. "Sir Tarō, Lady Gearna. A pleasure. Sarris Almodo the Fourth, at your service. How did you run into a Ruiner?"

Show

I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Banned

Gearna throws back her head and laughs until tears are in her eyes. Sarsaparilla flicks its ears and knickers.

She wraps her arms around the stony warrior and puts her head against his shoulder, "My bashful knight, you are a gem. I want to collect you."

Before the genesai can become further embarrassed she releases him and climbs back upon the carriage.

"Let's go get your sword and stuff and..." she says, her voice raising considerably, "Then I think the Inquisitor owes me an armed escort within, don't you?"

Domile spares her a glances and inclines his head before turning back to continue his discussion with his people.

Sarris
    Spoiler
    Show

Together, the thoughts of all present are linked if they make an effort to be heard.

~I don't trust the ease with which the Gobbler was caught, but the two with the Ambassador put up a hard fight, so he could have been just weakened enough. Everything about him is a lie. It's difficult to piece together which is which. I plan on burying him with the other prisoners to his neck until after the celebration tomorrow. We can't afford to leave until then. I doubt he is the only one they will have tried to sneak within. A false armed guard will patrol a dune for show, while he will be buried and gagged near the common criminals. I will take volunteers to guard him. I am open to council on these measures.~ says the mental voice of Domile.

~Why are we letting that kobold speak with him?~ Sir Orwell voices. ~He may not be an ally of the Ruiners, but his soul is black and we don't know his allegiance, or at least aid, can't be bought.~

Domile nods, ~I am interested to see if they do. The Gobbler would likely enjoy more forceful measures of gaining information from him. Let loose to speak freely he might however let his mind slip in an unguarded moment. Listen and let them speak. If the kobold throws in his lot with him, that is unfortunate, but such weakness will show he was a danger to begin with.

Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-03 at 12:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

"Abetting? Am I not speaking clearly enough over here for you to understand that I'm NOT abetting? Geez, just having a chatter, that's all. That's not prohibited, is it?"

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

"Oh, quantity is fine and good, but its the many varying tastes of each. I might try that troll idea sometime. Thanks little one. You're broadened me horizons!" Gottlöb says thoughtfully. "Naw, that's right, he's not abetting me at all. Leastwise don't think so. What's an abet?"

24. - Top - End - #234

Yamada Tarō

The slight blush he had had when he told her about the state of her bed was nothing compared to the embarrasment of her exclamation! Nothing! He knew that she meant no harm with it, but that was just not how one behaves around anyone but one's spouse. Even despite the rocky texture of his face there is a slight reddening of the cheeks as she lets go of him. "Thank you, lady Gearna, but I have already retrieved my sword. You can help me find my horse, however." Thankful for the epiphanit's presence the samurai changes subject as well as switches the attention to Sarris.
    "Good day, Sarris-san. It would seem that the abomination had disguised himself as a barrel and stowed away on the Lady's wagon." In short, terse sentences he tells about the bandit attack and his own rescue of Gearna, without bragging only stating the facts. Even if there was some pride in his own abilities. He briefly mentios seeing the ruiner in the battle but that the man had disappeared and continues with explaining how they'd found the extra barrel and how battle had suddenly erupted.

25. - Top - End - #235

Raynor grins at Gearna's remark, and adds, "Ah've got wan count ter yer maybe, but oi count another wan ter Taro."
    He shifts his position to a more comfortable one, and settles back, closing his eyes. Seemingly forgotten and liking it, and thankful no one had said anything about his powers, he feigns rest while straining to hear every conversation going it. Information might prove useful later.

26. - Top - End - #236

"That's, uh, that's complicated. Anyway, see ya, gotta go." - Somnium says, wandering off to the wagon fighters to listen to the story - he got all the knowledge he needed of what the gobbler was. At least, he had a good guess. He listened with great interest and very attentively; any additional info couldn't hurt.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Banned

"Sarris, will you provide for us a cover? We don't need to walk into Banzar with the Gobbler visible for all to see." Domile says, turning to the dark-haired man.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-12-04 at 11:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Banned

OOC
    Done.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Sarris listens attentively to Tarō's tale. When Tarō finishes, he gives a slight bow. "Most impressive. Very informative as well. Seem a useful ally against the Ruiners--have helped Gearna already. Going to Banzaar?" He glances over at Domile and nods, holding up a finger to forestall a response from Tarō. "A moment."

Sarris retrieves a small piece of parchment and some charcoal and sketches something, looking between Gottlöb and the parchment as he does so. A short while later, he rubs a piece of fleece over the parchment while whispering something to it; as he rubs it off the parchment, his drawing disappears and an illusion stretches over Gottlöb. Now, instead of a captive...thing held in the distended jaws of Domile's mount, Gottlöb now appears to be a large, vaguely spherical canvas-wrapped package. "Can change it if deemed unsuitable," he tells Domile. "Move slowly to simplify concentration."

Returning his attention to Tarō, he gives another small bow. "Apologies. Continue."

Show

<Snip>

30. - Top - End - #240

Yamada Tarō

The samurai bows slightly in silent thanks for the epiphanist's praise but as he opens his mouth to answer the question they are interrupted. Patiently he leans back to wait.
    But as the man begins to cast his spell Tarō perks up a little, intently following the spell to it's climax, the disguising of the ruiner. Now that was interesting. That was surely no psionic power but a magical spell and he didn't think it was from a prayer to the gods either. No, it seemed rather similiar to his own Yumi's strange spells. He knew next to nothing about her arcane secrets. She didn't conceal them from him but he couldn't really understand them anyways. But he had seen enough to recognize this as similiar.
    When Sarris returns to their discussion he shrugs. "Not much more to tell, Sarris-san. We're on our way to Banzaar, yes. But tell me..." he says, switching subject to what was on his mind. "That... was that an arcane spell of magic? Are you a practitioner of the Art then? A mage?" A curious question since few people knew anything at all about that kind of magic, but he didn't care about it. If Sarris was honest in his answer he'd tell him about Yumi, otherwise he wouldn't. It wasn't stranger than that.