New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Infected (Mafia/Werewolf-style Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    Qwaz and IF seem to be running a powerplay, and I already am in contact with the DA, so if I die, I die. Hopefully, I won't die though.
    ...This seems very suspicious as well. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

LIGHTS ON:

The group stares bleary-eyed at the ceiling as the lights flicker back into existence. They realize how badly the sleeplessness is affecting them. They are becoming paranoid and violent. Twice now, they have killed their fellows, who may or may not have been one of... them. The TV flickers on. It's not Mr. Chamberlain this time. A pretty young woman with strawberry-blonde hair.

"Hello. My name is Amelia Strauss, and I'm with a special unit of the FBI that deals with the sort of phenomena. As you may have realized by now, a dangerous mutagen has been released inside the facility. Sadly, we can't get you out until we're sure they've all been dealt with. Do not however, try to take this into your own hands again. The bureau is already considering arresting the lot of you for murder, but if you cooperate and do not attempt anymore "vigilante justice," then we will work with the judges to get you all leniency, due to the mitigating circumstances involved. *someone off-screen hands her a paper* Oh God, this memo says that two of your co-workers were found dead after the last blackout. Employee codename Internet Flea was found in a pool of his own blood in which submerged a live wire. When the power came back on, he was electrocuted with his own blood as the conductor. " She visibly dry-heaves. "Additionally, employee codename Gray Mage appears to have been flayed alive..." she pauses once more, no doubt out of disgust. "and in his own blood he wrote the words, 'Don't Trust Chamberlain!' on the walls." She turns away for a moment, then turns back, appearing to regain her composure. "Yes, and as for your employer he has been apprehended by the bureau. Hi carelessness led to the release of the mutagen. To save power, I have to terminate this message now. Good luck to you all."
    Avatars by Ceika and Ranger Mattos
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    There is a sad and surprising lack of songs about vomiting. This should be corrected.

3. - Top - End - #93

Do or Die today people. We're down to a handful, and if we don't take them out now then we're ultimately screwed.
    Tydude said he was just a normal citizen, but that kind of claim makes me think otherwise.
    Last edited by Korias; 2010-12-13 at 05:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, let's take a look at the current player list:
    Internet Flea
    Tydude
    Lex-kat
    Gray Mage
    101jir
    Murska
    Lady Tialait
    Qwaz
    Ghanz Nmi
    Korias

That leaves Lex, Korias and me. I know for a fact I'm just a villager, no matter what you think, Korias. Honestly, at this point we may as well just all role reveal. Otherwise, I'm voting Lex for inactivity. Oh, and Korias, who's the DA? That could be very useful.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

5. - Top - End - #95

Well, games normally end when Devils outweigh Villagers, so because there are three of us that means that one of us is a Devil - Flea must have been one since Gray was the DA, and we're both still here.

Lexcat hasn't posted which makes me oddly suspicious that there hasn't been an autolynch. Therefore, in order to progress to the final night, Lexcat will be target of our vigilante justice no matter what that FBI agent says.

As for role revealing, I'm just a villager as well. The DA is now, unfortunately, dead. Besides, after tonight we'll know who's who anyway.
    Last edited by Korias; 2010-12-13 at 08:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, games normally end when Devils outweigh Villagers, so because there are three of us that means that one of us is a Devil - Flea must have been one since Gray was the DA, and we're both still here.
    Sadly, this isn't true. From the official rules:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zolrane View Post
    The game ends either when all the Devils (the Half-Devil may survive) have been destroyed, or all non-Devils are dead.
    So all non-Devils must be dead for the game to end. This means I might be the last living good guy.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-12-13 at 07:19 PM.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Tydude. But I have no proof. I have been inactive, but the game is moving faster than I'm use to. Lynch me if you feel you must. But you'll only be killing a poor, innocent villager.

EDIT: I voted on the 11th. So there would be no AL.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-12-13 at 07:34 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

If Korias was actually in contact with the DA then Lex is the last devil. I would hope the real DA would say something if Korias lied about being in contact with him/her, so I'm getting more confident that voting Lex is the right thing. I'm thinking that the DA got a devil last blackout. If Lex is indeed the last devil then she couldn't have sent a kill in. This means the DA must have gotten somebody, and then died that same night.......wait a second. The DA's kill doesn't occur until after the devil's kill. This is making me awfully suspicious. Quick question for Korias. If you're telling the truth about being contacted by the DA, who else had the DA tested? (S)he must have told you.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

9. - Top - End - #99

Y'know what, I feel better off knowing about my first suspicion, Tydude.The DA didn't tell me who he scried either.
    Last edited by Korias; 2010-12-13 at 08:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Y'know what, I feel better off knowing about my first suspicion, Tydude.The DA didn't tell me who he scried either.
    I have to ask, why does me actually thinking stuff out feel suspicious to you? Actually, I think I know why. Because you're both devils and I'm the last villager and this was just a good excuse for you to follow your fellow devil Lex and vote for me. Oh well. Good game everybody.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I have to ask, why does me actually thinking stuff out feel suspicious to you? Actually, I think I know why. Because you're both devils and I'm the last villager and this was just a good excuse for you to follow your fellow devil Lex and vote for me. Oh well. Good game everybody.
    Since it no longer matters,

Bingo.

I'll admit, we couldn't have done it without you swapping votes yesterday.

Good game everyone!

Though I have to wonder that since the DA didn't oust me, we must have killed him off early.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

I'm hurt that you think I'm.... Wait, are you the last villager?

Game over, I guess.

{table=head]Player|Death|Role
    Murska|Black Out 1|
    101jir|Lights On 1|Half-Devil
    Ghanz Nmi|Black Out 2|
    Lady Tialait|Black Out 2|
    Qwaz|Lights On 2|
    Gray Mage|Black Out 3|
    Internet Flea|Black Out 3|
    Tydude|Lights On 3|
    Korias|Survived|Devil
    Lex-kat|Survived|Devil
    [/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-12-13 at 09:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Nah, 101jir was the Half-Devil Lex

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Oops. Got my days messed up.

Mr. Zolrane, I highly recommend playing at least one game before starting up another. Let other players get to know you. Maybe more will play next time.

15. - Top - End - #105

furious Re: The Infected (Mafia/Werewolf-style Game)

[Yeah, the game's basically over, but I would appreciate if you guys would hang around just a little while. We're not entirely done yet. There's still the matter of the ending, and you can still influence it.

Also, 101jir is recruiting for his Spy Wars game. You guys should hook him up.]

Tydude sits in the corner, sweating bullets as Korias and Lex-kat stare at him hungrily, waiting for the lights to go out, so they might assume their monstrous forms. He begs them to reconsider; to control themselves. They say nothing. The lights flicker and die. Tydude, his eyes having not yet adjusted to the darkness, doesn't even have a moment to scream before they are upon him. The Devils claw at his flesh, tearing him to ribbons, and gnawing at his innards. He lets out a gurgling, blood-drowned scream his life slips away. A single light flickers back on. In front of it, a door opens, as if beckoning the Devils toward it. They go, their blood-drenched carapace leaving a crimson trail as they shambled across the floor. The Angels are dead. Their co-workers, many of whom they considered friends in their old lives are dead. As they pass under the light, in the back of their minds, an itching vestige of humanity screams, then dissipates as quickly as it came. They enter the room. A dim light flickers on in the middle. There, Special Agent Strauss stands over Mr. Chamberlain, whom she appears to have tied to a chair, holding a gun to his head.

Strauss: Stop right there, or I blow his head off! I don't know if you creatures can understand, me, but if there's any humanity left in you at all, give yourselves up now! We can help you... cure you... he was the one who did this to you! He released the mutagen on purpose; you're his guinea pigs... and if you want to execute him yourselves... well I didn't see anything.

Chamberlain: Oh how very heroic of you, Amy... tell me, how is that idiot son-in-law of mine? *Strauss says nothing* Very well, I admit it. I was the one who gave you your gift. If anything you should be thanking me. I watched you on the security cameras. You loved every minute of it. The two of you are the first of a new breed a human; the next step in evolution! Or if you prefer, the new Adam and Eve. I am Darwin; I am GOD. My daughter here would like to see you turn on your God. But you won't do that. No... you'll grind her into fine paste, then leave with me to fulfill your destiny. Or, if you're feeling particularly ambitious... you could kill the both of us, and go off on your own. After all, even Darwin knew that humanity would one day surpass him. I can reign as God or die happy knowing I've set humanity forth a hundred million years in its evolution, the choice is yours...

[Devils, it's time to make a choice. Decide between yourselves among the colored choices what to do. In case you were wondering, yes, this will determine the ending you get.]

[Also, 101jir is working on a YouTube music video based on our game. I'll have him PM with details; he'd love your feedback.]

[Oh, and Qwaz was the Angel (you lynched your Angel, guys; the Town kinda self-cannibalized on this one) and Murska was the DA; he got killed by Korias on the first night; never had a chance. And yeah, 101jir was the HD]
    Last edited by Mr. Zolrane; 2010-12-13 at 11:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

There is a sad and surprising lack of songs about vomiting. This should be corrected.

16. - Top - End - #106

On one hand, Strauss isn't going to let us go even if we go willingly - whatever cure she has isn't guaranteed to work, and we're likely to be killed straight off.

On the other hand, Chamberlain messed with us - mutated us into these creatures. I'm not going to just accept that he used us like animals in his twisted experiment.

Thus, the ultimate catch 22 that leaves us with only one answer - Kill them both, one to ensure our survival, the other as sweet vengeance for the mutagen.

Lex-kat, what do you think?
    Last edited by Korias; 2010-12-13 at 11:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Oh, and Qwaz was the Angel (you lynched your Angel, guys; the Town kinda self-cannibalized on this one) and Murska was the DA; he got killed by Korias on the first night; never had a chance. And yeah, 101jir was the HD]
    It barely matters I protected

Night 1: Korias
    Night 2: Lex-kat

Whoops
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2010-12-14 at 01:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    It barely matters I protected

Night 1: Korias
    Night 2: Lex-kat

Whoops
    Yeah. I loled
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    That makes me suspect Tydude, Lex and Korias.
    Well, still sharp I see.

As soon as me and IF died I knew we'd lost, as I assume that the dying Devil's kill would still happen, right? So, in order to IF to be a Devil, only if one missed the kill or if Qwaz were also a Devil, but then we'd have won the game.
    No objections on a music video, it might turn out cool.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #110

Sorry about trying to convince everyone of my suspicions of Lady Tialait. How stupid of me though! Hey devils, Lex-kat is the HD! LOL. The mafia epically won and the town epically failed. That was ugly!
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

21. - Top - End - #111

Yeah, more than anything else though, it was more due to the Angels having improbably horrid luck.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I was totally a Villager role.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

23. - Top - End - #113

Indeed you were.

If Lex doesn't post before 11PM tonight, I'm just going to go with Korias' choice.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, more than anything else though, it was more due to the Angels having improbably horrid luck.
    Well without role reveals on death I had literally nothing concrete to go on.

The small size of the game with multiple wolf kills per night made the odds of a village win smaller than I realised. The DA's aren't overpowered at all in this scenario as has been shown.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    Well without role reveals on death I had literally nothing concrete to go on.

The small size of the game with multiple wolf kills per night made the odds of a village win smaller than I realised. The DA's aren't overpowered at all in this scenario as has been shown.
    I like the idea of no role reveals, it makes things more interesting and chaotic. Though admittedly it presents some problems in a small-game setting. In the lead-up to Infected 2 I'll be polling potential players on the new roles (of which there will be several) to get their input.

And honestly, who's to say if the DA was overpowered, underpowered or perfect? He never had a chance to do anything.
    Last edited by Mr. Zolrane; 2010-12-14 at 03:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

And honestly, who's to say if the DA was overpowered, underpowered or perfect? He never had a chance to do anything.
    Sorry about that

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the idea of no role reveals, it makes things more interesting and chaotic. Though admittedly it presents some problems in a small-game setting. In the lead-up to Infected 2 I'll be polling potential players on the new roles (of which there will be several) to get their input.

I think that starting with a blackout, while something new, isn't exactly a good idea. At least one player, but more likely two, won't have the chance to actually play the game at all, and it's best for the Devils than the Angels, as the Angels chose their targets based on reads people leave when they post, while for the Devils anyone will do.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I think that starting with a blackout, while something new, isn't exactly a good idea. At least one player, but more likely two, won't have the chance to actually play the game at all, and it's best for the Devils than the Angels, as the Angels chose their targets based on reads people leave when they post, while for the Devils anyone will do.
    Fair point, one I will take into account for Infected 2
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, I completely screwed this game up for town. Oh well, it was still fun. Hopefully I'll have better luck next game.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Man, I completely screwed this game up for town. Oh well, it was still fun. Hopefully I'll have better luck next game.
    I didn't exactly catch how you did anything to mess us up. First, the DA was randomly taken out first. Epic luck on the part of the devils. Next, the only other scrier available (me), was taken out by a combination of bad tactics on my part, and a small amount of bad luck. Then, we believed Qwaz was devil for posting what we thought was a hit list, which was actually a "save" list. You did change your vote, but first, it would have been 1 on 1, we still would not have won. Then Korias did come up with a clever lie. Who knew? I think you did way more right than wrong.

EDIT: Also, on the part of suggestions, first, I think maybe just one kill for devils or alternating 1 and two would be better in a small group. I think it did play a role in possibly being somewhat overpowered. In a large group, however, I think you could actually play it exactly the same, and it would actually probably turn out rather well.

V: Actually, I should have clarified that, I forgot it was 20% rather than 2. Good point. Maybe after a LOT more players, add another, but for the most part keep it at 2 devils. In a large group, that would be fine.
    Last edited by 101jir; 2010-12-14 at 08:52 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time