New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default M&M 2E [IC Thread]

Chapter I: The Colossal Fossil

The sky was bright and beautiful on this warm spring day. City Hall's clock chimed through the town of Alisburg., chiming the time to be 4 PM in the afternoon. People would be heading back home from work or school soon if they hadn't already. Meanwhile though, someone seemed to be looking for some over time. The sound of sirens broke the afternoon as cars rushed through town, heading for the local Liberty Bank [it's the one in the NE part of town, farthest away from the center.]. Over the scanner and on the news came reports of a robbery in progress. The thugs seemed to be well-armed and were in the process of holding hostages in hopes of escaping safely.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

Jacobs stretches, and then looks up. He'd be late tonight grading papers, probably not heading home till 8 or 9, but it sounded like something bad is happening. He looks around the class thinking, Aww ****... do I go check it out? My students papers can wait till another day. With that Jacobs puts the papers in his briefcase, shoots up, and storms out of the school, almost running to the military base. Upon arrival he flashes his ID as need be and then runs into his bunker, changing as fast as he can getting into his Humvee and gunning it to the barracks, "I NEED SOME DAMN RIFLEMEN! WHO'S A GOOD SHOT?!"
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2010-11-16 at 10:28 PM.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jessica's normal blast of music was interrupted by the police scanner on her desk, a robbery, "And that's my favorite part of the song too," she says, grabbing a her biker helmet, putting on her undercover vest, and arranging her nanites into a streamlined suit.

Grabbing her pistol as she walks out the door she heads down from her apartment to the garage and arranges the nanites on the bike until it looked like one of the bikes from Tron then shooting off down the road towards the bank.

Already concocting a plan, her best bet would be to seal the guns, bind their hands and feet, and contain them with her nanites, she had her work cut out for her with this one.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

A sigh of relief escaped the seventeen year old girls' lips as the bell for school rang.. It was a symbol of freedom... or it was supposed to be at least. She groaned as she heard sirens, her head shaking slightly. She pulled her PDA out and accessed the news on the internet and, sure enough, saw hints that there was indeed a robbery going on now.

Ugh.... school's annoying enough... now this? Damn..... Still, when duty called one, it was obviously important enough to listen rather than try to ignore it. Her pace went from walking home to running as she decided she'd at least put her school things away before arriving at the scene of the ongoing crime.

As her name suggested, she preferred stealth whenever she could handle it and this would be a better situation. There was bound to be a way in through the back or somewhere on the roof.... those would be her main routes. Once in, she could try to hit them before they knew what got them while simultaneously ensuring the hostages wouldn't get hurt. She nodded as her plan went through her mind... it sounded perfect to her.

After putting everything away and changing,, she ran in between alleys towards the bank, wearing an all-black leather outfit. Sure it made her look very much like a dominatrix, but it was technically in her name and because of this, she never tried to deny the fact it could be interpreted as that. She let out a slight sigh as she arrived and began seeking for the back door preferably but if there was another route on the roof, it would suffice for her also.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search Check:
    (1d20+3)[5]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

Fred was walking home from his job as a kendo teacher when the cop cars started to rush by. He narrows his eyes. With this much police presence, something big was happening.

Fred turns and slips into a nearby alleyway, throwing down his hover-board and hopping on. He rockets out of the alleyway and up into the air, following the cops to their destination. Fred had no costume, necessarily. He wore a dark blue hoodie and a pair of jeans. From his duffle-bag he produced a katana, held in a very plain sheath.

He flew to a nearby rooftop, and could see the cops maneuvering around the bank. A robbery. If the robbers are still here, it means hostages. Whatever Fred was going to do, it had to be quick and decisive.

"But first... let's see what they're up to."

Placing his hand on the hilt of his sword, he extended his senses towards the bank. He placed his perception inside, with the robbers and their hostages... he was going to get a good look and listen at what was going on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using "Sense Injustice" sight and sound ESP inside the bank to observe them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

The police scanner blares out news about the robbery John sighs and begins wearing his power armour
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see 4 masked thugs two seem to be built rather muscular while the others look like an average human would. They are in the process of emptying the vault and seem about half-way done. One of the larger men waves to the others before speaking, "Hurry up you guys! We gotta get out of here before any suits get here. The boss wants us back quick."

Cassandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    While going through the back alley, you do find a fire ladder that leads to the roof.

Sergeant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sergeant!" A young man yells as he jumps beside you. He looks incredibly fresh-faced. His shoulder shows that he's a private as he holds a rifle. He appears to be the man that you requested.

Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The police have already formed a parameter of at least four cars. They seem to be directing people away from the area as one of them walks over towards you, "Excuse me miss. We're going to have to ask you to detour around this area. There are some very dangerous men inside."

John:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You arrive at the same time as a woman at a motorcycle speeds by, only to be stopped by a local officer. They seem to be doing their best to be keeping people away from the situation.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-11-18 at 03:56 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

8. - Top - End - #8

"It's crimson private. I can't have you blowing my cover." Crimson speeds out of the base throwing on the scanner and following the sirens, "I hope you're a good shot kid, I'll park on the far side of the street, in front of some windows, I want you to go up through the gunners hatch and take aim. Wait for my call, but be ready."
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

9. - Top - End - #9

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra let out a soft sigh as she found the ladder and climbed up it. People need to start making more back doors... no wonder no one can get out of this mess. There's only one door... damn.... As she got up, she found a skylight and looked down yet tried to keep herself hidden to avoid being seen and endangering any of the hostages.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

10. - Top - End - #10

Crimson maneuvers the Humvee through the blockade, flashing a card that just says "Military Special Forces" when asked who he is/ to leave. He parks on the far side of the street and reaches back, unlatching the gunners hatch. "Climb up there, and aim. Wait for my go however, I'm going to try to find a back entrance, or something. Just DO NOT radio me, if it goes off we could get everyone killed, wait for me to radio you." With that Crimson climbs out of the Humvee and skirts the block, going to the back of the bank and looking for a back entrance, or something similar.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25]

Can I take 10/20 in MM?

If so
    Take 10 = 21
    Take 20 = 31
    Last edited by KingOfLaughter; 2010-11-18 at 05:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

John greets the officer politely and flies into the building
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

There's several of them, but it's nothing he can't handle. The strike has to be quick and decisive. He withdraws his senses back to himself. He's gotten a clear look at the location, so it should be possible to flash-step his way in. He glances down, seeing movement by the police below, and what looks like the military.

"Alright. Time to do this."

Fred then unleashes the power within. His body erupts in an otherworldly blue corona of a light. He could feel the vitality rushing through him.

He began by flash-stepping from roof-top to rooftop, flickering in and out of being as he made his way to the top of the bank. From there, just one more flash step put him down in the bank, right on top of the thugs-- they'd never see him coming.

And so, he teleported down into the vault, along with the thugs loading up money, and then he quickly moved to dispatch them. He unsheathed the Masamune and quickly whirled around in a blinding flash of steel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Whirlwind strike burst effect on the thugs in the vault. When using ESP, I didn't see any hostages over here. But if there were any, I'll just make a normal attack on a thug, instead.

Attack: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage DC 23 + how much I exceed their defense

(Edit: Ack. Missed that Cassandra was on the rooftop, too. I'll just say she's too sneaky. =P)
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-11-18 at 05:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[29]
    (1d20+6)[21]

Cassandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    While you are peering down through the skylight a man suddenly appears nearby who was not there before. He seems to be more focused on something else and does not notice you as he disappears. In the next few seconds from your eye in the sky view you see two of the masked men flying out into the lobby as if impacted by a great force. If that was not strange enough a second later a large robot like battle suit crashes through the front doors/windows causing much collateral damage and everyone to duck and cover.

Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spot a fire escape that leads to the roof, however before you can even think of going up a loud sound comes over your radio, "HOLY BREAK INS SIR! Some guy in a power suit just busted right in through the front! It looks like the parties starting early."

Jessica
    Spoiler
    Show
    While being talked to by the officer you see a large mechanical suited man merely flies by the officers and crashes through the front of the bank.

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crash and Shatter are the sounds you are greeted with though in your power-suit the rubble and glass are a mere nuisance. The two robbers look up at you before glancing behind as your sensors pick up two large objects flying your way. A quick glance confirms them to be the other two men as the fly from the vault, propelled by a single man standing with a sword unsheathed. They land slightly in front of you.

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    The punks barely have time to utter"What the-" before they are literally cut off. The smaller of the two flies through the air in a arc landing in the lobby. The second man flies not so far and seems to raise his arms quick enough as you swing. You hear the sound of metal on metal as your blade cuts into his arms revealing them yo be cybernetic. (Small thug is unconscious while the large one is still up for obvious reasons other then the natural 20 on toughness save.)
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-11-18 at 09:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Tch, I'm not a civilian, now move it," she says mildly, before revving the engine and plowing her bike through the barrier, jumping off as she reaches the front and running into the bank.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

John blast one of the robbers using nonleathel energy rays
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[30]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[11]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

"God damnit, ****ing free lancers. If you have a shot at an armed suspect take it NOW!"

17. - Top - End - #17

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra blinked and sighed in amazement at all the simultaneous events that were happening right then and now. Damn.... didn't know there were so many of us.... oh well, the more the better... especially with hostages.... She checked out of the corner of her eye first to make sure they were still fine aside from probably a bit freaked out before nodding and jumping down, landing behind the large thug that seemed to have withstood the ridiculously fast guy she'd seen go by her. She pulled her right hand back then swung it right at man's spine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[16]

Crit Check:
    (1d20+6)[19]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+1)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Toughness for John's Opponent:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14]

The laser blast impacts the hoodlum, knocking him to the ground and making him drop his own weapon. One of the men who had flown out of the vault seems to be admitting sparks from his forearms as he turns to look at the battle suit, only to miss the small lithe figure of Cassandra drop down behind him and deliver a solid punch to his backbone. He winces slightly, seeming to be more dazed by the attack than anything.. The large thug who had yet to be dealt any harm reached down, grabbing for the loot before trying to run for the exit.

The civilians who had earlier been low to the ground as instructed and now seeing all of the weaponry fly back and forth made a run for it through the large hole that had been created.

Crimson:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's gotten even worse now sir! Two more have joined in and the battle suit I told you about... it's started firing! We've got civilians rushing out now! There's too much going on! I can't get a clear shot at any of the thugs! You better get around front, sir! I think it's about to get real!"
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-11-19 at 07:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

"If they have everything held over bring the vehicle around back, pick me up" Crimson yawns, "I think we'll go back grab a bite to eat, and then.. talk to the colonel about damn crime rates in this city on the rise."

20. - Top - End - #20

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smirked as she saw the thugs begin to run. "Aww....but the fun's just beginning...." She merely said though to no one exact person as she threw another punch at the same person she'd just hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    For everyone's knowledge, the running [for those that could] was the turn of the hoodlums thus everyone elses' turn now. But yeah Tsume wanted me to post that now in case it was misinterpreted.

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[20]

Crit Check:
    (1d20+6)[21]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+1)[8][+5 more because forgot Strength...again... so 13 actually...]
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-11-19 at 09:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #21

Jess accesses her nanites and causes then to create a long, raised wall just in front of the thugs as they ran, hoping to trip them, and if she manages to do so, bind their hands and feet in her nanites. Trapping them in place.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

John blast down the last thug
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[25]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[25]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

A cyborg.. he didn't have much time to think about this before a ninja and a man with a powersuit burst into the bank as well. Very interesting.

"Thanks for the assist."

He said to the young ninja, before he flash-stepped towards the other large man, flickering out of view before appearing near him, unleashing a powerful slice at the man's legs, wanting to stop him without killing him.

Spoiler
    Show
    All-Out Attack for 5.
    Attack: (1d20+17)[32]
    Damage DC 23 + however much I beat his defense.

EDIT: I also crit, so add +5 to the damage result.

Using turnabout to move again after the attack.

After that quick, harrying strike, Fred-- or should I say Ronin, flashes again, appearing once more on the roof of the bank, out of range of a counter-attack.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-11-20 at 12:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

The running thug is taken down as he trips while the cyborg is taken at the knees as he falls. Now all thugs are dispatched.

Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show
    The jeep is brought to the end of the alley as the young man waits for oyu, his rifle in the back seat. Form the area he has parked you can see three of the other superpowered humans (one in a power suit, one in a black eather outfit, and another looking like someone from that old TRON movie.)

25. - Top - End - #25

Crimson signals the kid to take them back to the base, thinking, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one old enough to know that movie... Something to look into. As they pull away from the bank he pulls his helmet off.

26. - Top - End - #26

Jessie sighs, that was a waste of time. She walks in, getting the one she had bound to stand up, then uses her nanites to convert the stone wall she used to trip him into a wheelchair and rolled him out of the bank down to the police before dispersing it, letting the thug drop. Looking back for a second, she memorizes each of the heroes there, only one stood out but that would be for later.

She walks over to her motorcycle then uses her nanites to create a road that went above the other and drives off, back to her apartment. She turns her bike back to normal and dissolves her nanite suit before parking in the garage. She then goes back up to her room and restarts her song, lights a cigarette and lays back in her chair.

"Need to talk to Cassandra tomorrow, we have a lot to talk about. I'll leave an Email." Quickly typing out that she wanted to talk to her tomorrow, then went to her bed to sleep, the music still on full blast.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-11-20 at 07:49 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bob the FedUp man relaxes on the dingy roof of his apartment, breathing deeply the heady scent of exhaust fumes and the burning food from downstairs. Apparently, Mr. Finklestein was a terrible cook, but for now Behir couldn't care less. It was nice to be able to relax now. As he eased himself down to sitting on the ground, the brown uniform of his job melted away into fine, grayish green scales. His face became a long, thin, reptilian triangle with bulging eyeballs. His form twisted, and suddenly he had several extra legs, and a whip-like tail.
    Ahh... It was good to be in his natural form.

Staying close to the roof, his scales shifted color to match the gravel as he looked out over the river. The Liberty Bank could barely be seen through the trees and smaller dwellings, but the sirens could definitely be heard. Which, with humans, usually meant trouble. Trouble was something he helped with. Because that is what heroes did. Excellent.
    With his mind made up, Behir slid over the side and down into the river without a sound. Leaping through trees and across rooftops to get to the bank, instinctively avoiding notice along the way. It seems that he had arrived late, though. The police were standing around, either talking to people, or leading them away in handcuffs. There was a large hole in the wall. People who looked like they might be heroes were leaving, quickly.

Dagnabit! I was late again. I have to be faster if I'm going to get any respect in this town. The demon berated himself as he began moving back towards his apartment.
    And there were so many heroes! Behir managed to see at least three masked figures leaving the scene. He had been lead to believe that smaller towns like this would have less heroes, and might need more help. Or something. Maybe it was better this way, though. He couldn't figure out how, but it might be.

Behir took a relaxing swim in the dirty section of the river that flowed past his domicile, before heading back to rest up. He had another long day of experimental human interaction ahead of him tomorrow.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Bladesmith: You can spot Fred Broll on the rooftop if you want.

Both of the cyborgs were taken down, and the rest of the thugs were apprehended easily. It looked like his job was finished. He wondered who these other people were. He was somewhat new around this area, so he didn't recognize any of them. However, the presence of additional heroes had made the job much easier.

"Guess it's time for me to go."

He slashes his sword through the air once, flicking off any blood or hydraulic fluids his opponents had bled, before returning the gleaming blade to its sheath. He didn't take any time to talk to the other heroes... not with so many people present. It's hard enough not wearing a mask as it is without being questioned.

So, with a quick step off the roof, he flickered again, flash-stepping across the street, then again and again, getting a few blocks away before releasing his battle-form, the otherworldly light fading from his body.

He pulls out his hoverboard, throws it down, then starts flying back towards home.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

John flies out through the hole in the bank and goes home
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra nodded to the guy with massive suit, remaining quiet. Her own eyes gazed around and she almost did a double take. Jessica? She was pretty sure her eyes hadn't deceived her.... but she gave no facial hints of amazement as the thugs were soon apprehended and she knew it was her cue to head out.

Though she had no extraordinary speed or strength, she did have access to both when she needed it and now was no exception as she ran towards her apartment, changing back into her uniform and beginning to work on her homework. It was then she also remembered her modeling side job and picked up her cell phone, sighing as she saw she had indeed been texted quite the number of times, making her moan as she replied back to them, explaining something had come up. I'll never hear the end of this tomorrow....

The second all of her homework was finished, she made herself dinner, got a shower in then lied down. It was her traditional night habits as she'd been an orphan for 7 years or so now. No thanks to Seiryu that was. A slight sigh escaped her as she gently clutched a teddy bear, one of her first major gifts from her parents. It was her way of helping herself feel safe. Not much longer after her eyes shut did the teenager soon fall asleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Edro: I'm going off the way the motorcycle looks for the record as that's probably the same. Hope you don't mind.

@Everyone: If you all have something to do before the night is over, Tsume says post now. Otherwise he'll change to tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment