New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

"Right behind you."

Though, perhaps a little farther then Ronin was thinking. The glow of the man stood out against the night like a blazing star, and it made the demon shrink back. These guys were being all obvious and loud and, and... Bright. Didn't they have any concept of stealth? Maybe he could help a little, or something... Only if they asked for it. Some humans had some sort of irrational fear of darkness, he'd heard. Not that he could see why.

Staying low to the ground, so that his silhouette wouldn't give him away, Behir crawled through the whole in the fence.

"I can give us darkness, if you want it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

"Perhaps... but first."

Ronin touches the Masamune and sends his senses out into the jail, searching the hallways with his ESP in order to find Seiryu, and hopefully scope out any potential trap.

Time to see if his bad feeling had much merit.

Spoiler
    Show
    ESP to scout ahead.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra had remained silent as Ronin spoke. Her head looked up in thought before looking back at the others. Was that the only reason he hadn't gone through with killing her back in the park? Out of being ordered to do so? The more the thought went through her mind, the weirder it sounded yet simultaneously made sense. She slowly shook her head no upon hearing Behir's offer. "I'm fine, thanks. I'll wait for Ronin to finish up then we can head in." With that, she kept quiet and awaited to hear what Ronin had or hadn't seen.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Esp moves through the halls of the jail ending just outside of Seiryu's cell. He appears to be in a trance and muttering some sort of chant. The guards near his room appear to be unconcious a small amount of frost covers their bodies and uniforms.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

Though his gaze was still faraway, a look of rage crossed his features as he saw the guards, lying cold on the ground. He immediately withdrew his senses back into himself, before turning towards the others. He nearly growled his next words.

"He took out his guards, but he's just sitting there, casting some sort of spell. We need to move. Now!"

He then moved to take a step, and vanished as he did so, moving with inhuman speed towards the prison, reappearing here and there before flash-stepping again, making his way towards Seiryu.

6. - Top - End - #306

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir was in motion almost as fast as Ronin was, his long legs moving in perfect rhythm as he chased the swordsman across the courtyard of the prison. A low, sibilant growl escaping his clenched teeth as his face became leaner and he covered the ground in a leaping gallop.

He'd never liked this place. It was a place where freedom went to die. Prisons were everything he fought against... Except that there were people in the world who needed to be punished. Killing them would not give them a second chance, and punishment through pain seemed to be somewhat adverse to human moral sensibilities. Apparently, having them work to correct the problem was also tough to do. So the humans took away freedom. Some people deserved it. Whether or not that was the case with Seiryu, the man/dragon thing intended to do harm to people in his city, which was something that Behir wasn't going to allow. If he was going to stay in this city, and bring all his troubles with, the least he could do was protect it from as many of its own troubles as he could. That was what heroes did; accept responsibility.

But they would need to get into the prison first. Behir craned his neck up, looking for any windows he might be able to squeeze through, or any indications of what cell Seiryu was in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice check for if there are windows, and what kind of protection there is. Also if there is any funny glowing or anything telling me where I can get to Seiryu.
    Notice: (1d20+15)[20]

7. - Top - End - #307

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra bit her lip angrily upon hearing Seiryu had already made the guards go unconscious. "Damn him...." She murmured, clenching her fists as she ran behind Ronin and Behir. Once again, she found herself wondering the same thoughts from before What are you planning now, Seiryu? Could you not kill me because you needed me for something? What are you trying to do? She felt herself shake from mere anticipation as she continued running behind the two other men.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

James stares at the screen and says "Oh ****".After a few minutes of panicking James starts pulling up everything he can on the mayor
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Those at the prison
    Spoiler
    Show
    The temperature drops as you near the cell, each entering through your own respective methods before arriving at the cell of Seiryu. "Ahhh... heroes. I see you've taken it upon yourselves to visit an old man during his incarceration. I commend the job your mothers must have done raising you?"

James
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're info on the mayor comes up as a red flag. The mayor apparently was once a veteran in the army whose platoon was wiped out by a powerful villains latest creation while the heroes of the time where busy with other things. This led to him filing a complaint with the then leader of the united nations instituting that all heroes should be made public of their abilities and faces so that they could be monitored for the safety of everyone. If not they were to be exiled from society as they would only cause more problems for "normal" people.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

10. - Top - End - #310

GreataxeFighterGuy

Mother? What? Oh, right. The female humans that gave birth to others. Presumably all humans had a mother. Behir was pretty sure that he didn't have one. Seiryu didn't need to know that, though, or anyone else.

Instead of being distracted by the man's distinguished greeting(though it did sound a lot like the beginnings to a evil monologue) Behir concentrated solely on what the man was up to. The guards were down, but he wasn't sure if they were dead or just unconscious. The bars still stood between him and the dragon-man(or maybe he was just a dragon?) but Behir's reach would have little problem with that. Seiryu was obviously expecting a response, but Behir wasn't sure if he was the right one to respond. Not that little things like that had really stopped the demon before.

"What are you? You aren't human."

Behir stands outside the door on all eight legs, his head low and his words coming out with a growl.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2011-01-28 at 01:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra inwardly sighed before having her own quick retort, "Says he who has no manners in the first place, considering all you made and have done to me. Now then... cut the crap. What are you trying to pull? You did give up way too easy back at the park and your actions from 10 years ago prove you aren't usually one to hesitate. You could have killed me as easy as you did my parents... but you didn't. Why not? What are you planning?"
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

He stands silent for a moment as the others question the dragon Seiryu. His bright green eyes, glowing with power at the moment, gaze upon the man with equal parts cold anger and inquisitiveness. He stepped forward towards the bars, and waited for a gap in the questioning. Ronin then spoke in Japanese to Seiryu.

"I know what you are... or were, rather. We are connected somehow."

He paused.

"But you already knew that. In fact, you waited here for us to come. Why? What is your game this time, dragon?"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Seiryu stands as he moves towards the bars. "It's simple. If I'm gone, that makes the other side stronger. Since you're all here and you know so much about me now.... you must know that I'm not the only one. Balance is very important from where I come from and with one side gone, the other side is free to move as it pleases." He merely smiles as he returns to the center of his cell.

14. - Top - End - #314

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir narrowed his eyes at Seiryu, his determination clear.

"So we keep you locked up, then go get the others. That keeps the balance, right?"

The demon couldn't quite figure out what all he didn't like about the guy, but it felt rather obvious that Seiryu was not someone he would get along with. Though, to be honest, what he had done earlier could have been simply in self-defense against the others, so he wasn't necessarily bad... Scratch that. This was a bad guy. A villain. The rotten apple from the bottom of the barrel. He'd threatened those that were not previously involved in the battle. For Gaia's sake, the guy had a hero for an archenemy! Er, at least she considered him her archenemy. He walked, talked, and monologued like a bad guy. He reminded Behir of his original master. He was a bad guy, until proven otherwise.

With new certainty in his stance, the hound of hell glared up at Seiryu's calm face, his eyes nearly glowing in the dim light of the prison corridor.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    If everyone remebers, i'm sitting at the fence outside the jail, keeping an eye out for anyone going in or out that may compromise everyone in there.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Seiryu smiles "That would work yes, depending on if you could get them." He returns to the middle of the cell, even with the sight of the daemon he seems unphased.

Outside (Jessica)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the distance of the city you can see a yellow/red light moving from rooftop to rooftop much in the same way Fred moves.

17. - Top - End - #317

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Then I guess we'll just have to make sure and do that!"

Behir shifted from foot to foot(to foot to foot to foot and back again) like a nervous animal as he growled the last sentence. He wasn't sure about the others, but this guy unsettled him. Something in his manner was just completely unnatural. Unnatural, cold, and calmly deceptive. In other words, Seiryu reminded Behir of his other home, and the things there. Which was not something the demon was prepared to deal with on earth. Looking up at his companions, he hoped to see that they were done asking questions. Behir was most certainly ready to go. Apparently, he had more supervillains to catch.

18. - Top - End - #318

Jess curses, pulling out her cell and calling Cassandra, "We may have trouble, he looks like Ronin only... firey rather than icy. I'll see what he wants," she says once Cass picks up then heads to intercept, converting the ground under her along with nearby garbage from the alley to make a pillar to the rooves as close to the figure as possible. She let's the blue streaks on her suit shine brightly and extend the walls by several feet, "Oi, mind talking for a bit," she yells, standing idly, but ready to set her nanites to encase the figure in stone at any moment.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

The dragon would not divulge anything of use. Fred had no more questions to ask. However, he did have one statement. He stepped close to the bars and narrowed his green eyes.

"I will end you, and the other three too if that's what it takes."

He turns his back on the man and begins to leave the jail. He couldn't kill Seiryu until he found out what really happened long ago. If he is a body-snatcher, that was a serious problem.

20. - Top - End - #320

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra opened her own mouth to talk but stopped as she felt her phone vibrating in her jeans pocket. She sighed softly, pulling it out and listening.. "Understood." She merely told Jessica before hanging up and looking to Ronin and Behir. "Company's outside and I doubt it'll be in the mood to speak with Jess for very long.. So we'll have to go through with your plan later... though I do agree with it."

A nervous chuckle escaped her as she knew going to school in X number of hours would be hell... almost literally if not only figuratively. Another sigh as she glared one last time at Seiryu, "Don't think for one second this isn't over.... I'll finish you myself if need be." With that, she turned and ran outside, deciding if Behir and Ronin wanted to stay behind, they could. But she couldn't just leave Jessica alone... when it came to hand-to-hand ocmbat, she lacked it greatly. Smart as she was, she knew her abilities could only do so much before any single person got too close.... and well..... that'd be it for her. She shuddered slightly at the thought as she kept running,, hoping she hadn't been too late.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #321

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir took off after the others, his body low as he scuttled swiftly after them. The meeting with Seiryu had given him a lot of things to think about that put him off balance. Apparently, sometimes, there was more to this then just catching the bad guys as they did crime. He realized that he really didn't have time to do that now, though. Things were happening, and he had no time to think. The easiest thing he could do was to hunt. He knew the hunt. He could hunt anything on earth or in hell without a second thought. The hunt was his purpose, and he did it well. And now the hunt was on.

As Behir glided noiselessly through the corridors of the prison, his eyes glazed over to dull black, his face lengthening into a sharp, crocodilian snout, his tail tip twitching erratically behind him. Shadows gathered around every joint, dissipating slowly behind him like wisps of dark fog.

"Time to snare a few gods."

The demon rasped as they exited the prison building and he faded easily into the night.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

He ran at normal speed with Cassandra for a moment. Company outside? His bad feelings were coming true one after another. Maybe I should think happy thoughts from now on. He nodded to her.

"Alright. I'm on it."

He then turned towards the nearest window and flash-stepped, cutting glass and steel as he blew through the obstacle, headed towards where they had left "Jess" to begin with. He mentally steeled himself for another battle.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jessica is the first to arrive, able to intercept the speedy yellow and red flash as it stops. "Heh... and what do we have here?" The light stops moving as it forms into a young man dressed in bright yellows and reds. They almost look like feathers. "Are you really here to get in my way? You don't look like much."

Everyone but Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the flash in the distance before it disappears, stopping on a rooftop as you all head for it. It seems Jessica got there first.

24. - Top - End - #324

"Close but no, i'm more interested in who," or what, "you are and your intentions here," she says, taking a seat at the ledge of the roof, "The reason i ask is because you remind me of someone i know, two someones actually. A fellow hero and a villain, i just wish to know which you are, or if you take a neutral stand. Once that's cleared we may or may not see each other again." She seems bored, but sincere in what she says, "And if you think i'm a weakling, you'd get a bit of a shock."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20)[11]

Didn't realize how much she sucks at social interactions.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Jess
    Spoiler
    Show
    He smiles, "Sounds fun, I'd love to see it sometime but I'm much to busy right now." He places a hand on the top of the building and looks down at it smiling.. "So much power, so much inside. They don't need it all." The lights in the building begin to flicker and then go out as you can see the electrical currents from the wires in the building being drawn into his hand.

Everyone else
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lights on the building go out flickering fast as the light flashes brighter on the rooftop nearby Jessica's area. (you all arrive)
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-02-11 at 11:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

Jess shakes her head, "an electrical leech, eh, interesting. That gives me a idea. Are you able to drain energy of all kinds or just electricity? And if not can you drain it from any source?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

Ronin flickers into being, standing a few feet in between Tron-Girl and the leech. His sword isn't drawn, but he has adopted an iaijutsu stance, his hand hovering near the hilt of his blade.

The man carried the air of a drug addict, fiending for some electricity. Ronin did not look impressed by this man.

"Who are you?"

Ronin asked, his gaze steely, prepared to strike if provoked.

28. - Top - End - #328

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir followed closely behind Ronin, silently making his way up the side of the building(aiding Cassandra if needed). However, he is much more serious then the others have seen him before, showing little emotion in the black pits that his eyes had become. As he reached the rooftop, he didn't bother to make his presence known. Electro-leech might be one of his targets, after all, and losing the element of surprise was a serious loss indeed. Creeping around behind the man, he tried to get to a spot where he could catch the scent of the man. He could probably tell if the person was simply human or something else. If he wasn't human, though... Maybe even if he was human, as long as he was essentially stealing power from the building. It had taken a little while to understand how stealing was morally indefensible, but this guy didn't seem to care. Whoever this guy was, Behir was fairly certain he didn't represent the city's superhero community, and his senses were on high alert for any sort of treachery.

Just over the edge of the roof, shadows swirled around the nearly invisible demon as if preparing themselves for the hunt to come.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Cass is easily within Behir's light load, I can carry her up to the roof without a problem, unless she wants to get up there some other way. As for Behir, he shall attempt to remain unseen, while seeing everything.
    Stealth: (1d20+20)[39]
    Notice: (1d20+15)[17] (Scent, Blindsight, and Darkvision)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

He took a bow to Ronin before answering,, "My name is Suzaku and I believe yo'uve already met my brother... at least one of them. After hearing of the trouncing he was given, I thought it might be fun to see just what the city has to offer. So far, I've found it is abundant in electrical energy, enough to sustain me for at least a while before I bore of it. Not only that, but it appears there is light entertainment here as well."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

"Another of the dragons. Each of you must be more grating than the last. But I assure you, if you're looking for entertainment, I'm a one-man show. And together with my friend behind me, you might as well call us the White Stripes."

He grins slightly, his eyes sharp. The real purpose of his taunting, however, was to convince Suzaku that Ronin and Jessica were the only two heroes present. Behir and the other girl had the element of surprise. Fred feels like he can hold this dragon's attention long enough for those two to strike.

"My name is Ronin and this is..." He pauses... not wanting to give her real name. So he comes up with a quick pseudonym, "Quorra. If you want to throw down, we will gladly oblige."