New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra's eyes opened slightly as she felt her body easily picked up by Behir and flown upon the tower. So this is what it feels like to fly on one's own.... awesome... She nodded her head to Behir, silently thanking him for the quick flight. It would have been annoying to try to run up the ladder in sneakers, a tank top, and jeans. She hadn't been able to change into her hero suit due to not expecting one thing after another to show up tonight. Upon hearing Ronin's words, she figured that while she was still near Behir, they were somehow concealed.. Tomorrow morning would officially be hell for her to deal with, especially from the lack of sleep.

And yet it was in her lack of sleep she could feel her heart racing and adrenaline rushing.. She first pointed at herself then Behir, silently asking if he had a preference on whom should make the first hit. The answer of whether to make a direct attack or not was dead obvious -- it was just whom should take this Suzaku, as he called himself, offguard first. She had a feeling it may be better for her to go first as Behir would be a much heavier hitter than herself and she was pretty sure Suzaku wouldn't expect that at all. Until she got a definite answer from Behir, she quietly got into a stance, like one did when they were getting ready to go run in a race.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir wasn't paying much attention to Cass at the moment. As soon as the man had named himself Suzaku, Behir's eyes had focused on him, and him alone. The conversation faded to background noise. Words were important only as distractions. Suzaku was the target. He was the prey. Behir would hunt and subdue him, and bring him back...

"Back to who? Your master?" The voice echoed soulessly in his head.
    "I don't have a master any more." His own voice rang dull as it spoke back.
    So what are you going to do with him, once you take him out?
    I... Uh... I'm the hero. I take him to jail.
    Where he can chill with Seiryu until they decide that its boring and escape and kill a lot of people by working together?
    Yes. Or no. Or I don't know. Jail is the right place to take them.
    It'd be simpler if we ate him.
    What? no it wouldn't! That'd make me a villain, like them.
    No, it would make you what you are. So much human media tells you to be true to yourself. Are you doing that now?
    No. Because humans are human. I'm not. But I can try.

Behir's eyes began forming a corona of yellow around the pure black core as he finally looked back at the young female. Holding up three broad fingers, he began the countdown. Two fingers, now. Then, as the rhythm said one, he launched himself over the edge of the building, flying almost perfectly soundless through the air at Suzaku.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lets get this party started. Behir isn't exactly one for long talks. Charge attack on the hopefully flat-footed Suzaku.
    Stealth check to catch him off guard: (1d20+20)[27]
    Attack(+2 from charging): (1d20+11)[20], Toughness DC 23(25 if Sneak Attack counts).
    If that hits, grapple: (1d20+19)[24]
    If he is grappled, he takes a -4 to escape on his turn. Behir's defense is 14 from charging.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

3. - Top - End - #333

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

As Cassandra saw Behir begin to count down, she herself got even more prepared, smirking.. When his fingers disappeared, so did she. However, whereas Behir was grappling him from behind, she got in front of Suzaku. Next she pulled her right hand back then threw it forward hard, throwing a punch right for his gut. Irregardless of whether he was actually a blood brother to Seiryu or not, he was still against them.... and that was all that did matter. Just try to focus on this... when everything is said and done... then you can go back and sleep.... even if only for a little bit.....

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit roll: (1d20+6)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

4. - Top - End - #334
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jess decides to go the quick route and creates a plastic and rubber casing around the new opponent, trying not to cover Behir in the process, then creates several stone spikes at vital points on the body, heart, jugular, lungs, spine, and skull, plus one underneath just in case, "Ronin, i suggest you don't attack, he's elecricity based, your sword would only act as a lightning rod. We can encase him in plastic and stone, make sure he never gets out, although i'm open to other ideas, as that plan is not foolproof."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

He shoots a grin at Jess. He'd already thought about that particular peril. However, the Masamune is nothing short of a legendary blade.

"Don't worry. My blade can cut from a distance."

As if to prove his point, Ronin draws his sword in a flash of motion, producing the gleaming blade as he settled back into a stance... legs spread shoulder-width, his body turned to the side. He holds the sword up, behind his head, ready to bring down a shockwave of cutting force at the first provocation.

Spoiler
    Show
    In game terms, I'm readying an action to use "Cut the Air."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Knocked hard from behind, Suzaku smiled while he was grabbed he hadn't expected someone to actually touch him. Then the others came, the fist, the blade, and the spikes. He quickly exploded into a burst of electrical energy shooting himself through Behir and into a nearby TV antenna that was on the roof.

Shock damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since your holding the bolt when he changes it hits.
    [roll]1d10+5[/roll]
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-02-15 at 03:18 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

7. - Top - End - #337

Spoiler
    Show
    I encased him in rubber/plastic, he shouldn't be able to get out of it because it doesn't allow electricty to leave it. He should still be trapped, unless i left a loophole in what i said.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

((edited above I missed the whole plastic/rubber thing))
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

"You can't escape that easily!"

As soon as Suzaku transforms into electricity and flies towards the Antenna, Ronin acts. He steps forward and slashes down with his sword, unleashing a shockwave of cutting force through the air, severing the base of the antenna in an attempt to prevent his escape through the electrical system.

Spoiler
    Show
    I take my readied action to do what's described above.

10. - Top - End - #340

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir jumped as the electricity struck him, but it didn't do more then tickle. Like when he had first learned about electrical sockets by poking his finger into one. Still, it set his nerves to tingling and he crouched low, as the bolt raced for the antenna. He had hoped that they could take the man down with a surprise attack, but it seemed he was tough. Tougher, perhaps, then Seiryu. Very different, too. Whereas Seiryu was a being of cold and patience, Suzaku seemed to be a creature of fire and energy. Behir could smell it on him. With that smell in his nostrils, he watched the bolt of energy streak across the night sky, and he knew the hunt was on. And what a hunt it would be.

11. - Top - End - #341

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra blinked, making sure she hadn't seen things. Upon realizing that wasn't the case, she inwardly sighed. Tch...damnit....between me being tired and how obvious this guy's made it that he won't be easy to get..... I'm not 100% sure how this will go.... After a bit more of thinking,, she nodded, continuing to gaze around before speaking to Jess, "Do you have some idea or way to get him to show himself? The longer he hides, the worse this will be for us." For now, she had decided to try to avoid using any of their real names. Especially if the fight didn't end tonight, it'd be bad to give all of these bad guys an edge like that.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #342

"None at the moment. However, unlike Seiryu, he seems more spontaneous, more like a teen than an elder. I'd say he'll show up again if for nothing more than the 'entertainment' we provide him. I think it'd be best if we rested tonight, and i seriously need to reprogram that... Oh Fu**," she says, shouting the last part, "Sorry but i have to go now," come on," she grabs Cassandra's hand and pulls her onto the pillar she made to get up here then uses her nanites to lower it and getting on her bike. "You remember that android at my house? It has a built in bomb," she seems calm and speaks quietly but a slight tremor normally not present in her hands gives her away as on the very edge of panic.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra looked confused, even amazed as Jessica seemed to go from really calm yet annoyed to almost panicking.. Even if the guys hadn't noticed it, she'd been around her long enough.. Before she could even begin to ask what was up, Jessica was already explaining and she felt herself unable to help but gasp slightly. "So... prior to now, you've never disabled it?! Is that what you're saying?! Question though... what are you most worried about? Him or anyone setting it off?" She was still trying to fight staying conscious with how damn tired she was and was trying to make sure she could properly understand Jessica's concerns. Hopefully she hadn't forgotten something.... or, if she had, Jess could easily explain it to her. Either way, she'd find out soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

His green eyes widened as she mentioned... having an active bomb. He quickly sheaths his sword and throws down his hoverboard, extending a hand towards Jess.

"If you want to get there now, and don't mind leaving your bike for a moment, this thing goes very fast."

He stepped on the board, and it began to hum with power, the repulsors activating and ready for flight.

15. - Top - End - #345

"I don't think it will carry three people, and i'd prefer not to have people know where we live, sorry but i'm going to stick to this," Jess says quickly before taking off, "I didn't really think of disarming it because of the firewall i put up, and the events of late, but this electricity guy could easily cause a power surge that could cause the thing to blow at any moment," she says equally quickly, "I'm such an idiot sometimes..." she says before going silent.

Once gets close to the building she heads down an alley and dispels the changes to her bike and her suit, creating a pair of ramps to go to another alley and enter the garage level of the apartment building. "I really hope you don't mind coming with me, i'll need a pair of steady hands and in this situation i really don't have those at the moment," she says, then runs up the stairs, temporarily turning them to a ramp before shifting them back behind her in an attempt to get to her room quickly.

Rushing into her room, she unhooks the android and opens up the access panel on the back, quickly looking for what the self destruct mechanism may be and looking for any failsafes that would cause it to go off if tampered with and how to bypass said failsafes. Her hands continue to shake slightly even while resting on the metal of the android.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Technology): (1d20+22)[38]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you cut the antenna you managed to nick him so you hurt him a bit since he was traveling through it. You have some blood on your blade from where it hit him.

Behir
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fred managed to wound Suzaku while he was in the antenna so their is some blood on the ground from the wound.

Cassandra/Jessica
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to unhook the bomb successfully, it seems Suzaku has gone somewhere else

17. - Top - End - #347

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir heard some of the discussion about the bomb in Jess' apartment, but he really couldn't do anything about that. He hoped that the apartment wasn't blown up, as it was nice, and he didn't want anything bad to happen to Jess or Cassandra, but there were other things to do. There was blood on the ground. Blood smelled. Blood could be tracked if he could catch the scent again. Or at least recognized. And it smelled so good... Shadows began to waver and rise around the demon as he sniffed the blood, his tongue darting out of his mouth to touch the roof.

Obviously this Suzaku person was going to be hard to hunt. If he could turn into energy, he could slip through most confinement. It would take thought and planning. A small smile(on his rather large mouth) curved over Behir's face as he mulled over the possibilities. Oh yes, this would be a good hunt. The prey had yet to escape Behir, and he liked to keep his record spotless.
    Even if there is no one to please?
    Shutting up his inner monologue with a wave of one hand, he looked up to see that he was alone on the rooftop with Fred. Obviously, the others had gone to deal with the whole 'bomb' issue. Now he had something he could do. Track down Suzaku. The obvious place to start would be to circle the building. Perhaps Behir could catch the scent if Suzaku left the building. Unlikely, considering that the guy could probably be anywhere in the city by now, but it was worth a shot.

"I'm going to see if I can pick up a trail," He stated as he made his way off the roof, the darkness clinging to him, sniffing the entire way.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2011-02-17 at 03:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

Spoiler
    Show
    The blood would be on the ground, not the sword. That particular attack is the line effect, using a "shockwave".

Blood spilled on the ground. He managed to cut the bastard. Ronin, who seemed to be much less forgiving to villains than his current compatriots, gave a small grin. This encounter had taught him a few things about this Suzaku. He's faster than Seiryu, but may not be as durable.

But it seemed that Behir could track him. The hunt wasn't over yet.

"I'm coming with you, Behir. I don't intend for this fiend to roam free one second longer."

He caged his power once again, the glow around his body fading as he turned back into a normal human being. He had to save that power for any fights remaining in the day.

He takes off on the hoverboard, moving close to Behir, if he can see him anyway.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

~2 hours later~

The sirens go off, apparently their is trouble at the mayors house.

20. - Top - End - #350

GreataxeFighterGuy

For two hours, Behir scoured the streets of Alisburg, moving in ever wider circles around the building, always keeping to the shadows. His nose snuffled quietly the whole time as he searched, his eight broad feet carrying him swiftly over the pavement. He was fairly sure that he would not be able to follow Suzaku through the wires, but he had hoped that the feathered demi-human would pop up somewhere close by, enough to give Behir a general direction to his movement. Nothing had come up, though. Not a single molecule left behind that the demon's hypersensitive nose could find. It was frustrating as... Well, frustrating as Hell, as the humans put it. He was just about to call it quits(whether or not Ronin had given up on him already or not) when a set of flashing red and blue lights rushed by him. Behir watched wearily as the car sped down the street and screeched around a corner. After being active for so many hours, Behir's mind took its time piecing things together. A policeman in a hurry meant that there was a crime in progress. The cop was headed for the other end of town. The other end of town had several places of interest. The town hall. The mayor's house. Jess' apartment. All of which could be targets for Suzaku. Which meant that it might be Suzaku causing a crime.

Behir's eyes widened as he came to this conclusion, the concept of a rest cycle falling from him. The hunt wasn't over yet. The quarry hadn't gone to ground completely. Which meant that he still had a job to do. Running up the side of a building, Behir began leaping from building to building, following the song of the sirens.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

Fred hadn't given up. He was single-minded in his desire to find and dispatch Suzaku and his kin. As the hours passed, he kept his frustration quiet. Of course he left no trail. Even if he was bleeding, that blood was now loose electrons somewhere in the energy grid. But, in for a penny, in for a pound. He'd turn up soon somewhere.

Fred managed to find some time to trance out in the middle of all this, recharging his mystical batteries, as it were.

So when the sirens went off, he was ready to go. He watched the cars fly by, narrowed his eyes, then rocketed off towards the mayors manor. His body exploded into blue light as he prepared himself. Would this be Suzaku, or something else?

22. - Top - End - #352

Just as Jess was getting ready to get into bed the police scanner went off, causing her to growl angrily. Using her nanites, ones inside her body as it were, she converted the caffiene in her system to adrenaline to help keep her awake, hopefully she wouldn't need it for very long. Looking over at Cassandra, she realized a major problem, Cass was about ready to collapse when they got there, and the two options she had were either likely to be turned down or dangerous, but she had to try them.

"Cass, I can think of two options right now, one is for you to sleep and stay behind while i go, i have a way to stay awake for days on end, or get some of my nanites in your bloodstream and give you a major burst of adrenaline. I recommend the first one because the second one is... dangerous, to put it lightly." She really hoped Cass would just choose sleep, but she doubted she would. If she had to though, she could convert the air into sleeping gas, but that would be a very bad idea.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra had gotten to the point of no return in terms of sleep. She was exhausted yet couldn't sleep and had been that way the entire two hours. As she heard the sirens, she sighed then chuckled softly, wondering about trying to call in sick for school. Whether the principal would believe her or, at that matter, deem it a good excuse she highly doubted... but she'd still try. As Jess spoke, she merely stood up, giving a half-drunk due to lack of sleep nod. "I know it's dangerous... but it's nothing I haven't been introduced to. I've known what that is since I was 10, remember? Also.... this is equally my issue as much as everyone else's. It's because of the fact that Seiryu is gone that the others are now showing up after all. If nothing else, think of it this way... while only Suzaku has shown himself for now, that doesn't mean the others haven't already appeared. That being said, we only know their names assuming they go off the same mythological creatures. However, this doesn't immediately guarantee that we know what they can do. Therefore, there's no guarantee of my safety even if I stay here. I've been through a lot worse than recently... so don't worry too much about me. I'll be fine."

Not even waiting for an answer, she finished tying her hair in a tight ponytail and began heading downstairs. "If you still want me to stay here... sorry. I'm getting over to where the sirens are, with or without your help. I'm almost eighteen.... I'm about to get out of the child stage, as it were. So, while I appreciate your concern for me, I don't always need it. I'd have thought me enduring Seiryu's cold temperatures was at least some proof of me being able to handle myself." With that, she opened the door and began heading out. If Jess wanted to offer her a ride, she'd take it. If she tried to make her sleep..... well, she wouldn't like the thought but if need be, she'd fight her to prove her point. Either way, she would get to her destination, no matter what it meant risking.. Right now, her sleep could wait. While lives were in danger, she put herself on the bottom of her priority list. It'd always been how she worked and she didn't intend to change her methods now.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #354

"One second then," Jess says, collecting a silver ball of nanites about the size of a marble, she lays it on the back of Cassandra's hand then drawing a silver line across her hand, which faded under her skin. A small surge of energy and a surge of adrenaline are the result as the silver line re-emerges and fuses back into the marble before dissipating, "That should last at least two hours. And this particular trick uses adrenaline, in small doses at least, which effectively numbs you to pain. It's not that i don't believe in you Cass, it's that i worry about you. We're friends, and your the only one that knows the real me. First, you may want to actually change for this one, I don't really trust the mayor with our identities. I can use my nanites to change your clothes so we can leave in a hurry."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra gave Jess a wry smile as she explained herself, "I know... and same goes vice versa. But..." She waved her hand, deciding time was of the essence and she'd forgo arguing. for now. Her mind shifted as she brought up a good point.... whether to change or not. "Hm... there's no guarantee we'll see the Mayor himself just because that's where the sirens are going.. Simultaneously, you do have your points. Fine... hurry it up but try to make them... if possible.... kinda like my more normal clothes. I'm not sure if I can walk around in actual heavy suits like others can. But I'd definitely rather be more safe than sorry about this whole situation."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

26. - Top - End - #356

"Will do," Jess says, instantly converting the clothes Cassandra was wearing into a perfect replica of those she had worn at the bank and adding a catwoman-like mask, "That work?" she asks with a grin, shifting into her own costume, "now let's go," she says.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra nodded., chuckling slightly upon feeling a new mask on her face. She had never really felt a need for one before... but she was wondering if perhaps she should add that in one of these days. "Perfect." She merely replied, getting behind Jessica and holding tightly onto her shoulders. "Let's go then." Her grip tightened a bit as she got ready to head off.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #358

Jess nods then floors it, shifting her bike as she goes, and heads straight to the mayor's house, doing some quick thinking, she'd need to make sure this wasn't just some kind of set up made by the mayor to reveal their identities. He'd been pretty... forceful... in his attempt to get them to reveal themselves, he may very well just try a bit harder.

As they approach the Mayor's house, she creates a ramp up to the roof of a nearby building then looks on from there rather than going directly into a possible trap. "Let's hope my suspicions aren't correct," she whispers, just loud enough for Cassandra to hear.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Behir & Ronin;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from the flashing lights from the police cars, all you see outside the Mayor's, you do see that there are multiple ones inside as well. A few officers have made their way to the front door and they are trying to break it down. You see an ambulance also nearby attending to an officer. He appears to have a burn on his hand.

Jess & Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from the flashing lights from the police cars, all you see outside the Mayor's, you do see that there are multiple ones inside as well. The lights are continually strobing on and off, almost as if a large surge of power had been flashing itself through the area.

30. - Top - End - #360

GreataxeFighterGuy

Wrapping the shadows around him, Behir watched for a moment, letting his eyes adjust to the flashing lights. Something was going down, and he didn't know what. Burned hands could indicate Suzaku's involvement, but why barricade the door? He would find an alternate way in, see if Suzaku's scent was there... Or it could be something completely unrelated. Perhaps the house was burning, or something? He was tired and hungry and... Confused. For the hunt to continue, he should simply run in to see if Suzaku was near. But this wasn't a hunt. This was peacekeeping, and dealing with human criminals, more then likely. Which the police were good at. But he couldn't speak to the police without them wondering who he was and... Behir promised himself that he would never leave the police scanner at home any more. He was going to need it if he was going to fight crime here. Still, the commissioner had been friendly, trusting in his and Ronin's good intentions. Perhaps he could speak with the commissioner. Narrowing his eyes, Behir scanned the crowd for the lead policeman, hoping to find a good route to him that will not expose him to much.

"I'm going to go find out what is going on. Be right back."

With that, Behir began scaling down the wall of the building, practically invisible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice, for the police commissioner: (1d20+15)[24]
    Stealth: (1d20+20)[38]