New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

(toughness save for godzilla (1d20+12)[31])

Maybe the first shot had merely been a lucky one as the darkness had only then taken hold of his senses and a unprepared mind is weaker to blows then a collected one. Neverthe less the blade does indeed cut though not nearly as deep as would be likened to the first blow.

(OOC thread for laser blast save)

The laser however, that was new. the electrid blast shocked through the dino frying at it's insides as well as it's outsides. It's muscles seized up form the electric pulses running through it as it's nerves became stunned.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-08 at 05:24 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jess grins then uses her nanites to create bindings on the lizardman, and leaves a binding down right at the android's laser. She then has the android fire at the metal bindings to further shock the lizard.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what to roll if anything so could you do so instead?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sry to all I've been kinda under the weather and in the process of looking for places to move.)

Ref save
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[15]

The large beast shakes with the electric current running through it's body before it's smoking body begins to shrink and fall to the side. the remaining thugs attempt to run for it (I think theres only one left of them that can do so. Sirens herald police at the front of the museum who have arrived on scene.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-16 at 01:21 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir staggered a few steps as his feet got themselves steady underneath him, then started galloping across the lawn and up over the museum taking great, loping strides over whatever surface was in his way. Of course, as the average onlooker could see was a thick sphere of shadow that left wispy bits of itself behind as it caught on any surface that would hold it, until the noonday sun burned it away. Leaping over the peak of the roof, Behir came to rest at the edge, letting his shadow seep away as he saw that the large one had fallen. Of course, that left one of the thugs to try and run away.

The demon couldn't help it as an entirely to toothy grin split his face, wide enough to bite a man's head off. The scent of fear was in the air, and his prey was running. Bunching his legs under him, Behir took a flying leap off into open air, sailing towards the thug. His forefeet opened into broad X's, each one of the four toes tipped with a wicked looking claw that had already proved hard to escape from.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I don't think I can actually attack this round without charging, which might be a little hard if there is a building in the way. Since everyone is at the back, and I supposedly landed in front of the museum. Ah well, that doesn't stop me from double moving, at 100ft speed. Also, a 70 ft long jump should let me land on him next round, but Acrobatics check, just in case it needs to be longer.
    Acrobatics: (1d20+9)[14](+5 ft jump distance per point over DC15)
    Also, just in case, here is an attack roll, with a +2 for charging.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[22], Toughness DC 23 if I do manage to get a hit in.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra sighed as she heard the sirens. Damn cops.... She quickly turned to Jessica, "You done? I think we should head out. I dunno about you but I'd rather not be seen in my .... "normal clothes"." That was a huge understatement.... yet all the same it was true. If news of her supernatural abilities got around... it'd be anything but good. Irregardless of whether Jessica wanted to remain or not, she didn't and her actions proved it as she shoved the thug away then began jumping carefully over the tar, beginning to head away from the museum.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

After Godzilla falls, Fred's lips grin with satisfaction. He shouts out to the other heroes, "Two coincidental team-ups in two days. We should talk sometime when the sirens aren't wailing."

His grin widens for a moment before he throws down his hoverboard and starts to fly off. He let's his battle form fade, the glow fading along with the white hair and eyes.

7. - Top - End - #127

Jess shakes her head then runs out, grabbing the android and getting it to follow before hopping on her motorcycle, "You may want to hop on," she says to Cassandra, "I can get us out of here faster." She keeps the android on a sidecar she created with her nanites, deanimating the android in the process. I need to reprogram that thing later, maybe we can get an ally of sorts
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra gave the man who called out to them a smile, her silent way of acknowledging and saying "Yes" to his idea. However, she and Jessica both needed to try to get out of here and preferably sooner than later. She merely nodded, chuckling as she jumped onto the motorcycle, wrapping her arms around Jessica's waist. "Floor it when you're ready.... I definitely am...." She added, looking back to the scene where they'd managed to put up quite the nice fight and smiling proudly.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

9. - Top - End - #129

"Going up," she says as she again uses her nanites to create a road to drive on, going over the normal traffic. She eventually drops into an allie and shifts bike back to normal along with her outfit, keeping the sidecar to carry the android. "Drop you off at your house or head back to mine?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir looked up from where he crouched over the unconscious thug. Giving him one last thump over the head for good measure, the demon smiled as he took off towards an alley, his eight legs making for an odd, rolling gait. He'd done his job, sort of met some local superheroes, and even defeated a supervillain! All without destroying the museum. It was about the best day that Behir could possibly have had. Shifting his color into sync with the local scenery, Behir disappeared from sight.

A minute later, Bob, the local FedUP guy, walks from an alley, brushing his shirt off and badly attempting to whistle a jaunty tune. He'd been trying to get used to these lips for a month now, but he almost felt that if he was going to figure out this 'whistling' thing, today would be that day. Maybe he wouldn't, but it didn't stop him from trying all the way back to his apartment.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

~Later that night...~

The news is running a story about the museum and the thugs. The Lizardman has apparently been identified as Gordan Vile, The leader of a gang of local toughs known as the Raptors. The police comment that it was odd to find him in such a state when as of last week he was sans tail and superpowers.

The Commissioner of the city has issued on TV that later that night he would like to meet with all of your capes and supers in order to discuss anything else strange before the police had shown up.

12. - Top - End - #132

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

"Head back if you don't mind. After all...." She smirked a bit as she held on, "We were ridicuously late for lunch, remember?" She chuckled a bit and soon they had arrived.

By dinnertime, she and Jessica were still at Jess's place when the announcement came on. She laughed a bit then looked to Jessica, "You really think anyone's gonna listen to that? I mean.... come on. For one, I doubt many will be comfortable doing that and more importantly, two, it's bound to be a media trap. I don't think any of us are that stupid to fall for something like that. Even if my guess is wrong... I still don't know about it myself. A lot of people, I've heard and seen, can be in the wrong place at the wrong time and it doesn't have to apply only to the good guys, you know?" Still, she'd wait to her Jessica's opinion. Sometimes she had much better common sense than herself so maybe she was over reacting? She'd find out soon..
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-12-17 at 08:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #133

"We can always use my computer as a proxy, I would like to have a word with the mayor. His own cameras and speaker system would be perfect, i can hack into those with ease given a few minutes. I've even got an online nickname i can use already," she says, going over to her laptop, "You want to introduce yourself, i have a voice distortion program we can use."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

Well... Fred's not that interested in pursuing a secret identity.. but he's also not interested in being cornered by cops and having to fight his way out.

So, at the time the Commissioner wanted to meet with the various supers, he flies on his hoverboard to a nearby rooftop... out of the way. He lands and crouches down, watching.

He's going to see if it's a cop trap or a media circus before he makes his way out there.

15. - Top - End - #135

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smiled at everything Jessica suggested. "Sounds great. What nickname were you going to use by chance? I probably should use one for myself also." She sat beside her, looking as she got everything prepared, waiting to hear what she'd need to use... if anything, like a microphone, headset, etc. as she wasn't nearly as tech savvy as Jessica was. Not normally but she was a fast learner so as long as she was told what was what, she could often learn to use it very quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #136

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bob flicked on the television in his apartment as he pulled out some meat for dinner. The TV, and its predecessor, the radio, were excellent sources for his cultural studies. That, and occasionally they were just fun. You could listen to humans try to work out the things they viewed as problems. Oh, how they argued and fought and made jokes and debated over things that, as far as Behir could see, didn't matter in the slightest. However, it seemed that he wasn't going to be favored with such things tonight. Instead, he watched the news broadcast, which gave him a review of what had happened that afternoon, along with giving him more information about the men he had assaulted that afternoon. A local gang who called themselves Raptors? Yet they had wanted to steal raptors? Were they trying to get a convincing mascot? Symbols like that did seem to hold a good bit of power in human society, but Behir didn't think that was the case. And there was a boss. A boss higher then the Gorden Vile guy.

Which is the only reason Behir even considered talking to the commissioner. It wasn't as though the demon was afraid of the media... Okay, so he was. But he did want some publicity to make him seem a little less monstrous, but going in like that, after his first major bust in the city seemed very silly. And the fact that they might turn on him, and he'd end up on an dissection table was a worry. Behir wasn't sure if he wanted to trust that, but....

Apparently, his willingness to try and make a show of working with the humans was a strong force, as within minutes of the broadcast, Bob wasn't in his apartment and the window was being closed from the outside by a four-toed hand.

Later that night, Behir scouted around the the meeting place, watching carefully for any signs of a trap. He may want to help, but he doesn't like traps. He could still feel burn of the holy water from when that one guy had known Behir was coming, and caught him with a devil's trap symbol under a rug. The demon shivered at the thought. It had taken weeks to recover from that. His master had almost left him for dead. No, he did not want to be trapped again.

It was then that he noticed another figure watching the meeting point. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, Behir made his way closer, a nearly invisible shadow against the backdrop of the city. As he did so, he saw the hoverboard, and compared the man's face to the one at the museum. It seemed similar enough, it could be him. Creeping up, the camouflaged demon decided that perhaps it would be good to see if he was a kindred spirit, or at least another superhero. Closing the distance to about ten feet, Behir studied the man closely, analyzing his scent before speaking. His voice was low, and though it was easily understandable, the accent was extremely odd.

"You are the guy from the museum, right?"
    The seemed to come from thin air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice check for signs of a trap: (1d20+15)[35]
    Stealth for sneaking up on hapless swordsmen: (1d20+20)[34]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

The legendary warrior was too focused on looking at the streets below and the rooftops before him for a trap that he failed to check behind himself for the moving shadow that is Behir.

So it's understandable if he's a bit jumpy. When he hears the voice ask him that question, he whirls around, producing his sword from the duffle bag in a flurry of motion. He doesn't power up, though, nor does he draw his sword from its sheath... just has to be cautious.

"Who wants to know?"

His green eyes glanced back and forth, but he couldn't make out who was talking to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice (destined to fail here): (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-12-18 at 11:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Data. An old friend of mine used to call me that. Anyway," she immediately gets to typing and openning programs to do what she had suggested...

Spoiler
    Show
    Will put the rest after this roll
    Computers: (1d20+22)[32]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir backed up instinctively from the blade, watching Fred carefully. Different in some ways, yes, but this was the man who had helped at both crime scenes. And Behir knew how dangerous that blade could be. He thought about cloaking himself in darkness, just to be safe, but that wouldn't do. He had to show a little trust before he could be trusted. That's how this was supposed to work, according to the dramas on television. So, he chose to trust Fred. Besides, short of dead, there wasn't anything Behir couldn't get better from.

Releasing first the shadows that gave his illusion depth, he slowly let his coloration go back to the normal greenish color, which didn't blend in quite as well with the rooftop. As the camouflage disintegrated, the demon stood up to his full height, letting his silhouette be seen against the sky.

"Someone who was also there."

Behir really hoped the guy didn't come at him with the sword. Sword cuts took so long to heal, and hurt like crazy.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

As the demon revealed itself, something in the back of Fred's mind told him it was dangerous. He looked for a moment as if he was about to strike-- but his own conscious restraint prevented him. If the creature was going to attack him, it could have already caught him off guard by now.

He eyes the creature for a moment before dropping out of his iaijutsu stance. That's a big sign of trust.

But when Behir says he was there too... Fred makes the connection.

"You grappled with Godzilla."

A moment of silence.

"Good job. Thanks for the assist."

He approached the creature and gave a small grin, offering a hand.. for.. well... a handshake.

"Call me Ronin, for now."

21. - Top - End - #141

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra nodded, deciding a code name for herself may also be a good idea. She looked up, thinking of what should be suitable then nodded after a bit. "Yugure should work." She then sat behind Jessica, waiting for her to finish her working with all the technical equipment.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #142

GreataxeFighterGuy

Godzilla! That was the name of those Japanese movies. Behir felt a little better now that he remembered where he had seen that sort of monster before, but that didn't seem very important right now. As the man relaxes his stance, Behir loosens up himself, noticeably. He really hadn't wanted to be cut up tonight, and striking out at another hero would just start one of those useless fights that always happened in the comics. Which was not what the demon was here for. Instead, he concentrates on his right first claw, bringing a toe around so that it is more like a human hand; with three fingers facing one way, and the last opposing. Still not exactly human-ish, but at least hand-like. Stretching out, he took Ronin's offered hand.

"No problem Ronin. That's what heroes do, right? I'm... Uh..." Oh, Beelzebub in a bucket. He'd never actually come up with a name. Bob was his human name, and he couldn't really use his demon name, and... Oh, what the Hel.
    "Uh... Behir. You can call me Behir."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

He nods when the creature chooses its name. "Fitting." He turns back towards the meeting location and crouches at the edge of the rooftop, peering over.

Just as earlier, he's wearing a t-shirt and some jeans. He doesn't exactly dress like a superhero... but it's clear he fights like one.

"I guess you're checking on this 'briefing' too? I think we should lay low and see what's going down. If it's a media circus or a trap, I'm gone, and I suggest you do the same."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Data
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hacking success

Fred/Bob
    Spoiler
    Show
    A door on the roof you are on opens as a aged man in a trenchcoat walks out surveying the roof, he has yet to see either of you.

25. - Top - End - #145

Jess grins, "I got in," she says, picking up a pair of headsets, complete with mike, and plugs them in, handing one to Cassandra, but indicating to wait. She opens a custom voice distortion program, adjusting pitch, echo, and other key components of the voice before plugging the system into the speakers.

"Show time," she says with a grin, pressing 'enter'.

"Hello, Mayor Huckle, you wished to speak with is," blares over the sound system of city hall, so people in both the streets and building can hear, "Before you say anything, everything you say from here on out will be broadcast over the speakers and into the city. All you have to do is talk and we'll hear."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smiled, nodding her head to Jessica as she got her own mike and headset ready. As soon as Jessica hit "Enter", she herself had already gotten everything on and ready. While she wasn't as tech savvy as Jessica, she knew basics at least. For now, she'd let Jessica do most of the talking until either she felt the need to speak or was asked a question herself. Hopefully this goes well.... even if it doesn't... we won't be caught if this had been a media trap of sorts....
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra & Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mayor simply looks around. "Who are you? What do you want? Are you... are you the fiends that attacked the museum today?!"

28. - Top - End - #148

"Other side, Mayor, we're two of those that caught the men at the museum. I'm known as Data, and my companion goes by Yugure. You asked for us to speak with you, however, i'm not interested in media and political traps, likely the others are equally unwilling to be caught. I hope they're nearby so they can hear this little commentary."

@Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone outside City Hall (namely Behir and Ronin) should be able to hear what the mayor and myself are saying, so read the spoiler aimed at Virgo and I
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-12-22 at 07:23 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayor Conversation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You're the heroes then? Though you managed to reduce the collateral damage this time, we still can't have vigilantes running around taking the law into their own hands. We have rules in this city, you know? The police are in place for such things as this."

The man in the trench coat looks down to his radio, which is broadcasting this conversation so both Fred & Behir can hear it as well.

30. - Top - End - #150

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra frowned at the Mayor's words and held up a hand to "Data", signaling she definitely wouldn't keep quiet. "So then... where were the police seven years ago when my mom, a martial arts instructor and my dad, a lawyer, both murdered before my ten year old eyes?! Where was justice then?! It's times like that that make me question their mere existence... and the entire reason I became what I am; to help those who need it. I don't need to, at least I hope not, point out to you how badly the crime has been, especially recently, and if you're willing to allow innocent civilians to continue to die... then I don't think you deserve the title "Mayor". If you truly want us to back down, you damn well better start stepping up security at least ten fold if not more. But as of late, they seem to be doing anything but their job. Until then, I won't stop. I won't, however, speak on Data's behalf as that's up to her... but I can say I have a good guess she agrees with me." Behind the screen, she'd had her fists clenched the entire time she spoke but had, for the most part, kept herself calm enough so her speech could be coherent and understood.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment