New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

Fred Broll

The park... at a gazebo. Ninjas throwing shuriken with vague job offers. He didn't like this, so far. Perhaps these people thought he was a common sell-sword. Perhaps they really knew who he was and wanted to ambush him. Either way, he wasn't going in there before surveying the situation.

He lands his hoverboard on top of a building about five blocks away from the park. He produces the Masamune and grips the hilt. He sends his sight and hearing off to the meeting location and it's surrounding area, scouting ahead with his ESP before going there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my ESP to check the area.
    Notice Check, if needed: (1d20+10)[30]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra merely rolled her eyes upon hearing the last words, putting her phone away in her backpack. Yeah yeah.... keep your damn pants on.... She thought to herself, going from walking to running .... and quickly too. She may not have had too much further to go, but she also knew ten minutes could disappear faster than a pair of fingers being snapped and she didn't want to risk being late.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

John walks up to the mayor shakes his and says "Hello mister mayor here are the plans you asked for" and takes out the blueprints for the forcefield generator and the power neutralizer
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bob let the woman go past him. Her face and scent seemed familiar. Vaguely. He couldn't place her, but he thought he must have run by her before. Perhaps on another day. Still, there did seem to be some sort of trouble, with men in martial arts uniforms getting into fist-fights with a woman in the streets. Perhaps he could get to the bottom of it. Was this man alone? What did he want from the girl? There were a lot of questions, but now was the time for action. Which meant he probably wouldn't make it to the park any time soon. Bummer.

As non-nonchalantly as he could(not quite sure what defined 'chalant', and therefore not really knowing how to be nonchalant) Bob walked past the scene, letting the scent of the man waft up to his ultra-sensitive nose.

Did he mention that he had been Hell's bloodhound for a while? Not to any humans in over a decade, but that didn't mean that his tracking skills were rusty. He just needed a small whiff and then he was off, walking away down the alley, his hands in his pockets. He could probably follow the trail at a dead sprint, but that would look rather odd, and he wanted to be careful about this one. If the man had been working with others, he didn't want to be ambushed by them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so, Tracking with super-sense! Supposedly, the base DC is 10 with modifiers(Like D&D), though it doesn't say what that runs off of. I suppose Wisdom or Notice? Perhaps Survival? Eh, I'll let you decide.
    (1d20)[2]
    +1 Wisdom, +5 Survival, and +15 Notice.
    EDIT: Perchance can I get a bonus from proceeding at less then full speed, while my Tracking would work in an All-out run? Just to bolster that extremely crappy roll.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2010-12-29 at 03:13 AM.
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make it with about 2 minutes to spare to your photoshoot as you're rushed into a changing room. You have 3 shoots with 3 additional shoots. Luckily though, the rest of your day is clear.

Bob:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Meh, sure. Why not? It'd suck to have you be the only person that doesn't have any action.) As you follow the scent, it twists and turns throughout the city but the strongest scent also seems to be leading you towards the park. Ain't that convenient?

John:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mayor thanks you and accepts the plans eagerly, cutting a huge check for your firm. He calls in a group of engineers, giving them the blueprints and to begin working on the Power Neutralizer and Forcefield Generator immediately.

Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your ESP picks up a group of robed men standing around a gazebo. Inside sits a very statuesque-looking man. His features are very well chizzled and he seems to be in almost a meditative state.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

John says "Sir if you need help manufacturing these gadgets I can provide them"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

7. - Top - End - #187

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra sighed softly as she walked out and finished her shoots. She made a mental note to consider joining the track team as it would probably help improve her speed drastically. She should have been able to have arrived there faster and with only 2 minutes before she was considered late --- the thought had made her uneasy the entire time she was working.

Still, for now that was over and she walked out --- somewhat better ---- and began to head back to her apartment. Another thing that had been really bothering her was the earlier attack. She had tried to think over and over again as to whether it could have been anyone else save one of Seiryu's men who had gone after her --- but in the end, she'd decided the answer was no. If anything, it had to be him.

Why now though? had been the main thought going through the teenager's mind. True, they had been arch-rivals for years but even after he'd killed her parents, he tended to show up --- or have one of his men do so ---- whenever he was trying to keep her away from him or, sometimes, out of his way. That being said in her mind, she was wondering if he was up to something again.

In the end, Cassandra decided to trust her instincts, even if they might be against her better judgment, and headed back instead to the place where she'd been attacked. When she arrived, she began looking for clues of where exactly the man had come from. She was one of the few rather "normal" humans save a couple of her abilities and because of that, she had to do real "detective work" when it came down to finding clues and hints... all of which she wanted now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search Check:
    (1d20+3)[15]

Notice Check:
    (1d20+4)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

Robed men... odd. The leader certainly stood out. Fred didn't recognize the man nor did he trust him. Then again, when one lives as a modern warrior, there are few you can really trust. Therefore, before he heads over to the gazebo, Fred activates his battle form, his body lighting up with blue light. He then throws down his hoverboard and flies towards the park, landing in front of the gazebo.

The Masamune was sheathed at his side, held by his belt. He slung the hoverboard across his back and looked over each of these men. No introductions were given, he simply got to the point.

"I'm here. Who are you, and what do you want from me?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mayor says that though that would be helpful he would rather his own men work on it so that way he can make sure of the work done on it. Not that he is untrusting of you but he feels better that way.

Cassandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your search check reveals a small metal insignia, most likely from the assailants costume that you knocked around. He most likely forgot it when he ran off, other then that though you notice nothing. Closer inpection of the silver dragon head pin shows a small microchip in it.

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    The robed men part for you to move forward but say nothing. The man you saw from earlier stands and gives a slight bow. "My name is Seiryu, and I have called for you because of your fighting prowess. That sword as well as it is a intriguing artifact to say the least." As he moves closer to you you get a feeling of cold, as if the air had suddenly dropped in tempature around you. "I wish to employ you to help me find someone, a mistake from the past that has recently resurfaced and seems to be intent on making a nuisance of itself, of course I can pay you well for your services."

Jessica
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see that hero with the blade, that was at the museum when it was attacked, land in front of the Gazebo and begin talking with the man inside. You are to far to hear the conversation by normal means.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

John grins and walks out saying "Well if you need any help you know who to call"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smirked at the sight of the microchip. Heh....bingo! I think I just found my way to get what I want.... She knew enough, thanks to Jess, that this could easily be used as an earpiece.... or at least she was pretty sure about that. Thus she'd found a way to get her answers and keep herself safe simultaneously, or so she definitely hoped. Ugh.... of all the times to not have Jess with you to be sure about these things.... Maybe this was a hint for her to start making herself know technical better things better? It wouldn't kill her and the answer seemed to be probably. She began walking so it didn't look so weird for her to just be standing there, especially in the attire she was in, and put the mircochip up to her ear, beginning to listen for anything that was being spoken on the other side.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-12-30 at 02:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jess raises an eyebrow before standing and walking over, if one of the 'heroes' was here, something must be going on. She takes out her cell phone and starts texting Cassandra that something may be happening in the park, she then gets close enough to hear before speaking in a slightly annoyed/interested tone, "Is there an event going on here or something?" she asks, indicating the hoverboard.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-12-30 at 03:17 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

13. - Top - End - #193

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra jumped a bit then looked down and realized her cell phone had vibrated, indicating she'd gotten a text. Seeing it from Jess hadn't been a huge surprise. Rather, what was unusual was the actual message and she chuckled after reading it, then hit "Reply" and sent the following back to Jessica,

TEXT:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jess,
    Be careful. I was attacked earlier by a henchman of my arch rival, Seiryu. I've been wondering all day if he's been trying to keep me out of the way so he can do something.... I'm willing to bet you may have ran into the main answer. I'm on my way now though.
    ~Cassandra

As soon as she finished, she began running towards the park. Thankfully, Seiryu never knew of her and Jess being friends... but if he did find that out.. just the mere thought made her shudder. There were too many ways for that to be used against her... and if possible, she would try to avoid that at any and all costs. Hold on Jess..... I'm on my way.... Gods how she hoped she'd be fine by the time she got there.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-12-30 at 06:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    "My name is Seiryu, and I have called for you because of your fighting prowess. That sword as well as it is a intriguing artifact to say the least."
    Fred stood statuesque, glowing with the power of his battle form. Piercing green eyes watched every move this man Seiryu made.

"What would you know of me or my blade?

The tone wasn't hostile, it was stand-offish, though. Fred doesn't like unknown parties knowing who he is, where he lives, and what he can do. That aspect of the element of surprise was gone.

"I wish to employ you to help me find someone, a mistake from the past that has recently resurfaced and seems to be intent on making a nuisance of itself, of course I can pay you well for your services."
    He raises an eyebrow and says, "What kind of mistake? You're going to have to be specific if you want to acquire my skill."

This entire meet was fishy... and the only kinds of "mistakes" people wanted a swordsman to rectify usually involved a hefty amount of violence. This meet could turn into a direct battle against these robed men, depending on their purpose.

A young lady then came nearby and asked about events... Fred glanced back at her briefly... he didn't recognize her without the Tron suit... before gazing back to Seiryu.

"A simple conversation. You should leave."

After-all, he was expecting some sort of battle... either the "test" or a real to-the-death combat, and he didn't want some innocent bystander nearby.

15. - Top - End - #195

"Conversations with heroes generally don't end well," she says before going to sit behind a tree that offered some cover in all directions. She then begins working on a device that would help her out in this fight, transmuting parts if necessary.

Spontaneous Inventor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Device Created has 6 Points
    Protection 5 Impervious
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2010-12-31 at 01:29 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    You arrive at the park and can easily find Jessica sitting under a nearby tree, she appears to be working on some sort of device.

Jessica
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see Cassandra come into the park, she seems to be in a hurry. The deice you are working on is half completed at this time and needs a bit more work to be fully functional.

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man decides to answer your questions in the order you asked them, "I have heard legends of a blade that could cleave through steel and rock as easily as flesh and air, I believe that you hold such a blade as does another in this area, As for my mistake, you are correct in thinking that I hire you now as executioner. A acquaintance of mine betrayed me and I sought their destruction, but I was soft and now it comes back to me in this later time." He reaches into his pocket retrieving a magazine ad with the picture f a young lady above it. She is clad in a black mini-skirt with a crimson tank top. She appears to be taller than most teenager girls by a good couple of inches. Her hair matches her skirt with her eyes being a shade of midnight blue. "The model is your target. She lives in this city and is much stronger than she appears." You can't help but feel as if you've seen her before but somehow... she does seem familiar to you.

17. - Top - End - #197

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra let out a sigh of relief as she knelt beside Jessica. She had been annoyed to have figured out, however, whatever "earpiece" she was holding hadn't worked... meaning that wasn't what it was meant for. "H...hey....Jess...." She waited to catch her breath, lowering her voice so only she could hear. "What exactly do you know so far? Also, this was on the guy who attacked me earlier." She handed Jessica the small microchip that she'd been carrying with her all this time. "If anyone should know what this is, it's definitely you." She then waited to hear her answers as she kept quiet for now.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

18. - Top - End - #198

Jess temporarily stops work on the device. "The swordsman from the other day is at a gazebo with some people inside, he was talking with one of them," she describes the man she saw, "he didn't recognize me, but they're over there," she says, pointing just a short ways off. "If a hero's involved it's usually not a good sign. I'll take a look but i don't have my laptop on me at the moment, best i can hope for is for it to be compatable with my cell," a virtual lightbulb goes off in her head, causing her to grin, "or if i can rework this into a link so i can scan it," she says, holding up the half-finished device.

Spontaneous Inventor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Datalink 6
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    "I have heard legends of a blade that could cleave through steel and rock as easily as flesh and air, I believe that you hold such a blade as does another in this area, As for my mistake, you are correct in thinking that I hire you now as executioner. A acquaintance of mine betrayed me and I sought their destruction, but I was soft and now it comes back to me in this later time."
    The man spoke of the destructive power of the Masamune. That alone showed that he did not understand the sword. Unsurprising though... most don't. He admits that he sought Fred as an assassin. This too is unsurprising. However, the fact that another wanders the area with a blade comparable to the Masamune was another matter. Did someone else wield a sword forged by Masamune? Or did someone wield the Murasame... that was troubling.

"The model is your target. She lives in this city and is much stronger than she appears."
    He gazed upon the picture for a moment. The girl seemed strangely familiar, but that wasn't what stood out at the moment. This man Seiryu wanted Fred to kill a young girl... barely more than a child. Fred did not need to hear another word about this.

"Indeed... but I think that is of no matter to me. There is no honor in murdering a child, and that tells me everything I need to know about you."

In a blinding flash of steel, he draws the Masamune from its sheath and readies himself. He could've taken the low road and surprise attacked, but he did not. Furthermore, his power intensifies as he releases the second stage of his battle-form-- his eyes and hair turning an otherworldly white. Fred grins.

"You picked the wrong guy, slappy. Let's do this!"
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-12-31 at 08:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra nodded, looking over to the gazebo then back at Jessica. "Alright.... you can keep your ears and eyes open. I'll... possibly regret it... but will be over there. If this is who I've been thinking it is, it's something I need to handle. No one else should be getting into my affairs or being forced... whatever the situation may be." She put her backpack beside Jessica. "I'll trust you to keep these safe for me."

With that, she headed into the gazebo, biting her lip as her eyes went from the hero and straight to another face that immediately caught the gaze of her blue eyes. "Seiryu...." Her fists clenched as she got into a stance of her own. "I'm guessing the attack from this morning wasn't enough? Keep everyone else out of this... it's been between you and me for the past 10 years. You know this." Her eyes remained upon Seiryu but her words now shifted to the other hero whom she remembered seeing at bank, "Please... try to get yourself out of this before you're in too deep over your head. I meant what I said about not wanting to get anyone else involved in this."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

After exiting the mayors office John drives back home to continue working on his suit
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra & Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seiryu smiles, seeing Cassandra. "There is a saying,, young girl, that you would do well to remember. Only fools leap into a lion's mouth and seeing as our business is complete albeit it on a sour note, I will leave you two to your misfortune." With a snap of his fingers, the four robed men quickly threw off their garments, pulling out their own katanas as Seiryu begins to walk gingerly away, escorted by another hooded figure.

John:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While driving home, you drive by the park. It's a beautiful day today. It'd be a pity to waste it all inside.

23. - Top - End - #203

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra gritted through her teeth as Seiryu snapped his fingers then began to walk off. Tch.... same spineless coward as always.... She merely thought, sighing as she looked over at the man. "I'm not going to make you stay beside a complete stranger and help me out. If anything,, this is probably your last chance to try to get out of this while you still can." She would have gladly gone after Seiryu herself if she hadn't realized what it would have led to --- and that would be one guy versus four. In her head, it didn't seem like a fun or fair fight so that was the only reason she had refused to chase after Seiryu. For now, he was safe. She pulled her right hand back, throwing a punch at the closest man's gut.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit roll:
    (1d20+6)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #204

Having been watching the little 'encounter,' Jess runs over after shifting into her hero outfit, Can't believe i forgot my gun, she thinks as she runs, she'd be forced to mainly be support, Unless, she smirks before aiming her nanites at the assailants' swords to turn them into iron and carbon powder.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VirgoBushin View Post
    [CENTER][B][color=darkviolet]"Please... try to get yourself out of this before you're in too deep over your head. I meant what I said about not wanting to get anyone else involved in this."
    "Kid, it's no longer your choice," he says, his eyes gazing upon Seiryu and his minions with palpable anger.

Fred calls out to the swordsmen who drew their blades, "I would have let you all flee, but you've made your choice. Prepare yourselves!"

The swordsman then bursts into action, flash-stepping into a position near the Gazebo before unleashing a powerful vertical slash-- a shockwave of cutting power slashing through two or three of the minions.

Fred then flash-steps again, appearing perched atop the Gazebo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using "Cut the Air" a line attack.
    Attack Roll:(1d20+12)[19]
    Damage DC 23+Autofire 2 Bonus (max 28)
    Distance is a 50 foot line, I'll hit as many of them as I can without hitting another hero/innocent person.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Toughness saves
    Spoiler
    Show
    vs Cass's punch
    (1d20+8)[14]
    vs Air Slash
    (1d20+8)[24]
    (1d20+8)[12]

As the fur begins to fly so to speak Cassandra lands her punch easily square into the warriors chest as the others watch as their blades become useless hilts. Taken by surprise as two others fall to Fred's quick assault, one lies motionless form the impact but the other managed to block the worst of it.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-01-02 at 07:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smiled as she saw all the swords rendered useless. She didn't need to look back to know who that was. "Thanks Jess." She merely said, looking amongst all the men and keeping her fists and stance both up. She was pretty sure none of them were used to fighting with their fists like she was, so maybe they'd be smart and give up. If not, however, she'd keep fighting until she needed to stop. For now, however, she continued staring them down, seeing what they would or wouldn't do. She whispered softly to the man, "Sorry... didn't mean to get you in this...." Normally, she hated being called "kid"... but under the circumstances, she'd deal with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an attack/action for when needed.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #208

"I thought you said it was only a conversation," Jess says to the swordsman with the same annoyed/interested tone as before, "Now let's see, their outfits seem a bit to light, let's see how they do with steel clothes," she says with a grin as she converts the cloth to steel and fuses the sandals/shoes to the ground.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

The men began to look more sluggish as they have thier clothes and footing changed into less then desirible attributes. The one man who had yet to be touched

escape artist check
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[22]

He seems to manage to slip out of his cloth/metal outfit, as well as his shoes before they become to unmanageable. He then throws a punch for the newest combatant (Jessica) after running over towards her.

to hit if he escapes
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[15]
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-01-02 at 10:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bob follows his nose towards the great taste of ninjas! Actually, from the smell they were probably a little stringy, and smelled like rice and fish. Not that he would eat people. Nope, not him. Never ever.

Still, he was a little surprised to find a fight already going with the girl from earlier and Fred, as soon as he was within sight of the park. Wow. Apparently, Heroes really got around in this town. He was having trouble just keeping up with all the shenanigans. Still, there was trouble, and his friend was in it. Along with a couple other people. Who seemed to be heroes, except not in costumes. Who had rather familiar fighting styles. Still, observations of that nature could wait. He did notice that they seemed to have the flunkies well in hand, and only two guys are walking away. Heh, perhaps he could hold down those guys while the others finished the mooks. Sounded like a plan to him. Now if he could only find someplace to change form...

Diving into a pile of neatly arranged bushes, Behir let the shadows encompass him while he changed form. Then, his alien form blurring as it moved across the ground and leaping from the trees in his way, the demon charged across the space between himself and the robed figures.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, move action to hide(and hopefully avoid being spotted by the innocent bystanders), free action to deactivate Morph, and another move action to get 100 ft towards Seriyu.
    Stealth check: (1d20+20)[36]
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool