New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: FF2d6 - Secrets of Larian IC

Nate eyes (Study) goes to a lone Hume sitting at a table not so far away.

Well then only time will tell I guess, well then maybe we should listen to what the yound lady have to say or you wanna invite someone else in this little party we are having, such as this lone Warrior sitting alone.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"He seems like a sturdy enough fellow. He could be helpful as well."

Drake walks over to the warrior and asks him, "Hey, do you want to take part in a gang-crushing party? It's going to be a lot of fun."
    Last edited by Adell; 2010-11-24 at 07:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

The warrior took his glass down as the Elvaan assassin came close. Well, this guy isn't stupid he knows his weaknesses and hires the right ones but for the wrong reason.

"Fun? Are you serious? Drake I guess? Have you ever thought a bit? We will risk our live we will be hurt and all this for FUN? I don't know what buissines you had with the gang you hunt but it is your personal problem. My intresst goes to the well paied job the moogle mentioned, cause it will be in my interesst, too"

He waits for respond but is watching the other on the table. His view stayed at Nate. It was obviously that I'am a fighter, but he seemed to know more about the other.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #64

Oogem

In response to the staring down, Oogem jokingly stared down the scholar too. "Ow, I know, your a telepath, kupo!.. Right, kupo?.." He then turns to the arriving ninja and the lonesome warrior and slowly replies in a little bit of confusion: "Err, that didn't sound very nice, kupo... I was actually thinking of a 10000 gil, kupo... And that warrior gentleman right there does have a point, kupo. I hope everyone else here is sane enough to not attempt to crush that gang without knowing about the rewards, kupo?" - he says the last sentence and looks everyone over and then called the bartender before returning to the group. - "Good, kupo. We have a more important job, kupo."
    The moogle took out a small parchment with Alistaire's portrait and the price for his head listed in right five digits: 10,000 gil. "That's the guy and as a bonus, he is an evil jerk who should be slain anyway, kupo. Well, I assume you all know something about him already, kupo."

Last edited by Critical; 2010-11-25 at 11:41 AM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Oh, so the gang was actually under the order of Alistaire. Woops, I just thought this was just another street gang. Well, this is further evidence that crushing this gang was a good idea.

Out loud, Drake said, "Well, not just for fun then. But it will be fun, at least for me. I like to get revenge."

"I'd like everyone to reintroduce themselves and what they can do, so we'll be faster and more effective as a group."
    "By now, everyone knows that I am Drake. I am a ninja by profession I'm good at throwing stuff. A lot of stuff."

6. - Top - End - #66

With a quirky smile: "And what make you think that, oh diminutive golden one." as Nate's gaze come back to the Moogle.

As for the bounty, is he the one that publicly dennounced Yevon's teachings?

As Nate hear Drake's announcement, he lose himself in his thoughts for a few moments.

After all these years, can I really become part of a group as wild as this one? Ill see what the time mage answer, at least if he join I could learn something...... yes.. learn something..

As Nate become aware of his surroundings again, he simply lower his head back into his book.
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2010-11-25 at 11:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

The bartender, a middle-aged man who's shape resembles that of a pear, eyes the group warily.
    Just to note, the inside of the bar consists of a large area with tables, a bar on each side of it, and a stage directly opposite the entrance which is currently out of use.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it was just as Aquilan suspected - it all was about Alistaire and the bounty. - Whoah, whoah, hold your chocobos, will you? You do realize, you're talking about a bounty on this beautyful city rightful ruler? Gang is one thing, but this - the damn Yevon cultists may not care at all, but who would rule the city without Alistaire? No ruler, anarchy, more gangs, riots, crime war - all nice-ness of this city would be redused to zero. There is no way, I'm going against a rightful ruler... - Aquilan made a brake, and winked ... before another rightful ruler arrives. Let's just stick to that gang - besides, what makes you think, that it actually work for Alistaire? Oh, yeah - and what makes you think, you're not listened by his spies, while speaking about that thrice-damned bounty so openly?
    Last edited by Fearan; 2010-11-25 at 12:23 PM.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

9. - Top - End - #69

"Hey, nice tavern you got here, old man, kupo! Spill us some drinks old man, will ya, kupo? I assume a discount is in order for such a big crowd, kupo?" - the moogle says to the barman, noticing that he caught his attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Negotiation first for the general attitude improvement: (2d6+5)[5][5](15)
    Trade check after: (2d6+4)[1][3](8)

Returning to the ranger-looking mage, the slightly suprised golden moogle replied, silently now: "Don't believe I said they work with him, however, there's a good possibility of it as the gang still exists - Alistaire's pretty strict, kupo. And as much as a city ruler he is, I do believe that we can take him down with all of us, kupo. Besides, beating some gang would attract the unwanted attention, wouldn't it, kupo?"
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-11-25 at 12:55 PM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

10. - Top - End - #70

Nate look at the time mage with one eyebrow raised:

Youll excuse me if I dont understand the situation but I was out of the proverbial loop for quite some time. Your saying that this Alistaire character have an iron fist over this city and that the Yevonist putted a bounty on his head?

The info that lead me here is that the ruler of this town had actually went public against Yevon's teaching.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Hey, nice tavern you got here, old man, kupo! Spill us some drinks old man, will ya, kupo? I assume a discount is in order for such a big crowd, kupo?" - the moogle says to the barman, noticing that he caught his attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Negotiation first for the general attitude improvement: [roll0]
    Trade check after: [roll1]

Returning to the ranger-looking mage, the slightly suprised golden moogle replied, silently now: "Don't believe I said they work with him, however, there's a good possibility of it as the gang still exists - Alistaire's pretty strict, kupo. And as much as a city ruler he is, I do believe that we can take him down with all of us, kupo. Besides, beating some gang would attract the unwanted attention, wouldn't it, kupo?"
    The bartender smilles, suddenly at ease by the moogles mannerisms.
    Ay, lad. Here ya be goin. the bartender brings over a tray of drinks.
    First rounds on the house, youse guyses.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

"Who cares whether this Alistaire is the rightful ruler or not? If we can take down this gang, we'll attract the attention of the king and maybe we can get even closer to him. Besides, you wouldn't be here if not to take the bounty, so this discussion is fairly moot."

"And even if his spies are listening, we probably won't be arrested. After all, that 10,000 gil bounty is pretty attractive and it's not like the bounty is extremely secret. I bet Alistaire already knows about this bounty."

Drake grabbed a drink and downed it in one gulp.

[introduce yourselves guys. so i can actually refer to you by name]

13. - Top - End - #73

"You are a strange person Drake and aman that goes over lifes that easy isn't someone I introduce so easy."

As long as the mogg don't over him a drink he won't do anything to get one.

"What have they done so bad that you need to kill them? What do you know of them to make a group out of half a dozen people? If they are realy that strong dfeed me with information and I may tell you what I'm able to do"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusWings View Post
    After entering the town, Arashi looks around for any news on the gang he had been tracking down for the last two years. As his gaze slides across the street, he notices a scarfed woman looking rather suspicious. He walks up to her. With a quiet voice he investigates.

I'm sorry my lady, but would you happen to know of any form of gang around these parts? I wish to... deal with them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inquiry [roll0]
    There are many gangs in these parts, cuthroats all. Do you know the name of the foes you seek? she says this with a stange elegancy, an uncommon trait among the lower castes of Larian that live in this district.
    Last edited by Creed; 2010-11-25 at 09:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    There are many gangs in these parts, cuthroats all. Do you know the name of the foes you seek? she says this with a stange elegancy, an uncommon trait among the lower castes of Larian that live in this district.
    All I know is that they are lead by the one named Alistaire. Do you know where I can find and put an end to him and his cronies?
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, here is a surprize for you, mr Drake - I care. Though I agree, he is not the best ruler and utter bastard, he is still better than anarchy. The cultists do not care, but there are people, who simply live here, trying to make a stable life. Are you ready to sacrifice the people of this city for your share in the bounty? - Aquilan looked really dissatisfied with all this "kill the king" stuff.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Drake dropped his amused mentality and dispassionately explained, "You know,in my line of work, we are hired to kill kings, politicians, noblemen, whoever and whatever. And somehow, even after they die, this world still manages to live on. Our employers want power; they don't want that power to dissipate. If Alistaire is taken down, undoubtedly the Yevon church will install someone who will wield the power of the king. Larian won't collapse because of this."

"Also, It is not our place to determine what's right and wrong for these people anyways. We came seeking the bounty. If you want to play politician, then convince other people to support you. I'm here for no other reason than to take the bounty."

Drake paused and then formed his intentions for the immediate future, "As for that gang, I agree that killing might be a little too harsh. But still, extracting any information about this place and Alistaire would be helpful."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

- Whaterver. Well a job is a job, so if you want the bounty - go and be killed by the guards, I don't care. Let's return to the business, which gathered us here - the gang. Anyone still want going after them? - it was the best course of actoin to stop the politics for now, Aquilan thought. His fellow Elvaan turned out to be an assassin and Yevon-sympathizer - not much to speack about with that kind of man. So - just the business.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

All I know is that they are lead by the one named Alistaire. Do you know where I can find and put an end to him and his cronies?
    Alistaire rules no single gang. He rules the entire city.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

"I myself have no reason to hunt a group which I never heared of or saw. And your glorious leader of the city even has his bad sides for example the vanish of people that belive in other things."

He stands up and takes a sit on the table.

"But either way tell me why would you hunt them?"

21. - Top - End - #81

I concur upon with the not killing of the king. From what I heard so far nothing warrant us killing him exept for the Yevonite's bounty on him. What I propose is that we gather info first. If any information that warrant the defeat of the gangs or the ruler comes up, we will make a decision based upon those fact.

As he speak, Nate rise up, close his book with a loud clap and add:

Before acting like puppet to Yevon's whims, I say we investigate because if they really wanted Alistaire gone they would have sent soldier themself or maybe hire an independent assassin instead of putting an open bounty on his head.

As Nate gaze shift from one person to another:

So instead of causing chaos which the Yevonite will use to come back to this fair city hailed as heroes instead of conquerors. Is my proposition fair with everyone?

And as his gaze finaly reach the disaproving warrior, Nate hold his sight on him.

22. - Top - End - #82

Oogem

Thanking the barman, the moogle then returned to the group. "Sounds good, my good psychic, kupo." - the moogle says in response to Nate, takes a quick sip out of the free drink. - "But it seems that we went after business so fast, that we forgot to introduce ourselves, kupo. My name is Oogem, it's nice to meet you, kupo. Now, I could gather the information you want, although, what should I be looking for more precisely, kupo?"

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

23. - Top - End - #83

Nate head toward the drink and take one. Thank you Oogem, call me Nate. As for what you should search, both good and bad about Alistaire, info about whether the gang is malicious or somewhat benevolant, I want both sides of the two medals.

Raising his drink to the golden Moogle, Nate take a gulp. If he was to take any action, Nate would need both side of the two targets, after all he is a man of knowledge not some blind crusader.
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2010-11-26 at 08:49 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Oogem

"Alright then, I'm off for some work, kupo." - Oogem said after raising his drink in return to Nate and sipping a little bit of it. He then stood up, but before he went off asking around, he added: "Ow, and meanwhile, order something, please, after all, not doing so after free drinks is kind of impolite, kupo."

Spoiler
    Show

Gonna ask around the tavern about Allistaire, not too directly, with a little bit of chatter first.
    (2d6+5)[1][6](12) - Negotiation
    (2d6+4)[4][5](13) - Inquiry

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

25. - Top - End - #85

"Good to know that even someone in here has his head on the right place."
    He offers nate his hand for shake.

"My surname is Shiftblade. Nice to meet you, Nate."

Then he turned to the moogle, with some unusual moves he tries to offer the mooge his hand ,too.

"A good mind in a small body. Nice to meet you Oogem. My surename is Shiftblade."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm Aquilan. - the Elvaan inroduced himself once again. For now, I'm working in this town, so I'm interested in stability here. Nothing about right and wrong, though

27. - Top - End - #87

Setting down his drink, Nate shake Eon's hand:

Well met, Mr. Shiftblade. I find that a cool head and knowledge to be the most effective of weapons and at the same time the most effective tools of peace.

As Aquilan present himself, Nate turn his gaze to him. Good, that will make my being into this group worth my while. A decent subject to study should keep me busy. he thought to himself.
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2010-11-26 at 09:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

Eon ( who neve said his first name) turned to Aquilan and offer his hand for shake.

"Nice to meet you. My Surename is Shiftblade, think you heared that once ot twice before."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Alistaire rules no single gang. He rules the entire city.
    Hmmm... my source has misinformed me. No matter, is there some castle or palace in this town where this ruler resides?
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Oogem

"Alright then, I'm off for some work, kupo." - Oogem said after raising his drink in return to Nate and sipping a little bit of it. He then stood up, but before he went off asking around, he added: "Ow, and meanwhile, order something, please, after all, not doing so after free drinks is kind of impolite, kupo."

Spoiler
    Show

Gonna ask around the tavern about Allistaire, not too directly, with a little bit of chatter first.
    [roll0] - Negotiation
    [roll1] - Inquiry
    Apparently Alistaire has made the quality of life better in Larian through Machina and incorporation of the Al Bhed.
    There are rumors that he has control of electricity, able to whip it out at his opponents and slay them with bolts of lightning.

Hmmm... my source has misinformed me. No matter, is there some castle or palace in this town where this ruler resides?
    She shakes her head.
    No, not anymore. The Maester use to live in the Grand Chapel, but after Alistaire came to power he insisted on living among the people. No one knows where he lives, exactly, but he does live in the city.
    Spoiler
    Show