New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dead Rising: D&D Edition IC

Kaylee resettles her axe deliberately. "Two-seventy, you say? Weird, because it looks a lot like two-ninety to me. But, hey, what would I know, all I can do is count correctly." She sighs. The pain of her bite is making her testy.

She turns to the woman behind the counter. "Um. Hi there. You wouldn't happen to have something for a zombie bite, would you? I mean, I suppose that I could pay for it, but it seems a bit silly. Oh, and where are your healing potions? We'll need some of those. We need to get out of here; you're welcome to come along."
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

OOC:
    Whoops I saw the DM's post wrong. My bad. Not Sid's, mine.
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pharmacy

"Y-you know, I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I think I'll have to in such situation. The medicine against turning... Isn't really the medicine. The disease isn't contagious, but once you start taking it, you become hooked. You'll never ever want to miss your every three day dose again."

She stands up and continues as she looks down, with a bit of guilt in her look and voice:

"About the potions... Sorry, but we're not exactly a magical apothecary... I think we have a healing salve or two left over there, but that's pretty much it."

As she finishes speaking, she walks into the employee-only room, retrieves 2 salves and hands them to Kaylee.

"Alright, here you go... Shall we get out of here now? Ow, and my name is Levorne."

Stuffs
    Spoiler
    Show

Kaylee receives two Healing Salves! It's a non-magical medicine that heals 1d8+2 HP when used.
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-03-01 at 08:34 AM.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee groans when she hears the news. "It isn't contagious? Then..." She looks down at her hands. "Then if it wasn't the negative energy of the bite... how can I rebuke them? Am I a cleric now? I didn't think it worked like that..."

She is shaken out of her revery by the salves. "Thank you very much. Now, then, who's hurt the most? We shouldn't use these unless it's pretty bad." She looks at the little rogue. "How are you holding up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh. I like the revalation about the medicine.

I'm at 4 out of 9 HP.

LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I'm good. I've been in worse scraps."

I'm at 6/11 BTW
    call me Dragon

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

"Is he... is he dead ? Please tell me he is not dead, please tell me I didn't kill him, he is just resting, right ? He is not actually dead, he is just blacked out, right ? Ohcrapohcrapohcrap..."

Seems Jill doesn't fare too well with killing other sentient beings.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"He was infected. See occasionally Zombies seem like they are still alive but really aren't. This is one of those times."

Bluff check in case I need too (1d20+2)[20]
    Sweet 18. Looks like Jill has her mind put at ease
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2011-03-02 at 03:58 AM.
    call me Dragon

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Durnst stands in silence at the rather grisly death of the looter, visibly shaking. He sniffles and looks pleadingly at the rest of his group, but keeps it together, though looking rather distraught.

9. - Top - End - #129

Kobold

"They were infected ? Are you sure ? But they seemed so, so lively...

Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[6]
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Look at their eyes, no living person has eyes like that. They usually have a spark of sentience behind them. Look, no spark. We saved them, not destroyed them."
    call me Dragon

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee rolls her eyes a bit, but ignores the banter. "Let's just get a move on, then. If we don't need to worry about direct infection we'll just have to be careful and kill our way out. These basic zombies don't seem to be very dangerous, and I think if we don't attract too much attention we should be fine. I'm just concerned about those champions who were in the arena at the time. It seemed like they turned almost right away, and, well... They seemed sentient. Or at least powerful. I'd hate to get caught near one of them. I mean, they were strong warriors in life, and from what I've seen the undead have even more brute strength and ferocity."

LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I agree. I'm not waiting for the Guard to clear the Mall out, they don't take kindly to people like me. No idea why." He smiles innocently, pocketing his share of the loot.
    call me Dragon

13. - Top - End - #133

Buck
    Spoiler
    Show

You are walking home after successfully buying your mop. Looks and works good, but perhaps a bit overpriced, but what the hell - a good mop's always worth it.

However, the day kept something unusual for you in it's stock. The halls were strangely quiet, until you finally saw one person slowly walking towards you. However, his gait was rather strange...

As he came closer, you realised it was a dead man. A dead man walking. He had an unnatural skin color, he was covered in blood, and there was just whiteness in his eyes - there was no mistake to it. Just like the ones in the "Splatterhouse". And he was going to eat you if you didn't do something now. You figure going towards the south entrance'd be a good start, after all, the family might just be over there. You rush to it, carefully avoiding the deader.

Erika
    Spoiler
    Show

You bought a ticket to the "Splatterhouse" and immediately began trying to find out what has happened to your brother. While everyone was busy watching the scene and listening to the speech, you rushed into the back rooms to further investigate about your brother's disappearance.

However, your search wasn't long. As you were looking through various documents, trying to find at least some info about your brother and not finding anything at all, you heard screams from the arena's side. You came to look out of the door, but quickly shut it down in fear, as you saw... dead men from the arena feasting on human flesh. There were too many of them to simply escape right through. You barricaded the door with the nearest cabinet and began to look around and think. Finding the bars of the ventilation system, you unscrew it and come down the ventilation ducts in hopes of finding a more safe place... After some crawling you decide to pop another bar and get out and see around.

Durnst and Kaylee
    Spoiler
    Show
    You pick up everything necessary and decide it's best to move to south exit. You do so, not forgetting to take the pharmacist under your wing.

Everyone; South exit

A group of five persons, most of them armed, a man with the mop and the covered in dust woman, which was coming out of the vent ducts. That's the ones that were just beside the doors of south exit right now.

You all hurry to the door before starting any talking,h owever, as you do it, it seems that something is blocking it, having it sealed shut, even trying to break it doesn't seem to work.

A door behind you slowly opens and a bald middle-aged man with a grey beard in his late fourties, wearing Marsaror Mall's personnel uniform, carefully looks out of it. Noticing you, he motions you to come closer to him. "Hey, you there! Get in here, quick, we've got a safehouse over here!"

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Buck starts moving towards the man
    "Come on, people, Safehouse first, introductions later."
    Last edited by Mr Shadyface; 2011-04-20 at 05:46 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bucket -Fighter (remix), "Zombies at the magic mart"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee turns and follows the newcomers, hefting her greataxe with newly-found ease. She glances at the bodies on the ground, and the calls out to the man at the door as she runs toward him. "Thank you! What can I call you? I'm Kaylee."

LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #136

SwashbucklerGuy

It was supposed to be simple. Get in, find info, get out. A zombie outbreak was not supposed to be part of the game plan. Still, Erika came to find out about her brother, simple zombies would not be enough for her to back off and go home... not that she could anyway.

Out of the ventilation ducts, she comes upon what would become her group. The opening of the safehouse raises her instinct to run, like she always has. "Don't have time to talk; hurry and run!" She grabbed Kaylee's hand and pulled her to the safehouse.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2011-04-20 at 08:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

Durnst nods grimly at the older man and hurries over to the door all while keeping his eyes stuck to the ground. He can't help but play the beheading over and over again in his head - and he can't exactly make up his mind whether he's upset, excited, or both.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Buck enters the room, leans against a wall and closes his eyes. After a moments contemplation, they snap open again, and a grin spreads across his face.

"It's like Splatterhouse, only with the entire Mart! This is going to be fun!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just making sure this aint dead. that would be ironic.
    Last edited by Mr Shadyface; 2011-04-22 at 08:18 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee adjusts her weapon. "Yeah, right. Fun. Look, I don't know who you all are, but you're still breathing, which is nice. I don't think these things are contagious, either; but that means that some outside force is creating them. Either way we need to kill our way out of here, and we'll have to do it sooner or later. I vote sooner."

LGBTitP

20. - Top - End - #140

Spoiler
    Show
    Note to self: Don't include the word "Dead" into the PbP campaign titles. Unless accompanied by "Rising" or similar active verb.

The Safehouse

The man leads you down the hallway, where you have to get into the hole in the vent ducts. He waits for you all to get in, then comes in last, shutting the bars behind him.

When you're finally out, you're into some sort of safehouse, which, it seems, was specifically designed for a such, or close, situation. There are a few people in there - a few small families, some people by themselves and some sort of a gang hanging around.

"Alright, now we can talk. Name's Galen, I'm a guard over here. Now, the rules here are - if you want to hang around, you got to contribute. I've seen most of y'all in action in the scrying room, and you've already had some battle experience, so I'll be sending some of ya to grab some supplies, also survivors... if you see any. We've got some people who can put up a fight, but they're staying here in case zombies break in, so that's gotta be you. Now, rest up and head out."

Galen leaves, and a woman with long red hair in a brown coat approaches you. "Please excuse Galen, he's a little bit shaken up from what's happening. My name is Lisa, nice to meet you. Let me show you your rooms." She says, and leads you down the stairs. As you walk there, she asks: "Perhaps you've got some questions?"

Spoiler
    Show

DC 15 of Knowledge (Local) to identify the gang hanging around.
    DC 17 of Spellcraft/Knowledge (Arcana) to find out about "Scrying rooms".
    Last edited by Critical; 2011-04-22 at 01:42 PM.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

21. - Top - End - #141

SwashbucklerGuy

Erika turns around to Kaylee and lets go of her hand once they reach the safehouse. "Of course sooner," she says, taking a moment to catch her breath. Then turned to the group. "I didn't exactly come here to stop a zombie outbreak. I came here to learn about my brother, he was a contestant on the last competition." She held another pause. "Does anyone know of a map for this mall? The back rooms were of no help for how long I was there." She figured that her sneaking around earlier was insignificant now. "How did this happen anyway? How did they lose control of the zombies?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2011-04-22 at 12:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee looks down for a moment, and then responds. "I don't know about a map, but I watched the breakout occur. There were some human champions in the ring, but one of them looked kind of sick. The zombies were too much for them; it seemed like there were way, way too many for the people to kill them all, and they were overrun. As I ran out I think I saw the champions rise up, undead..." She ends with a shudder. "I hope we don't meet them. They seemed powerful in life, and undeath would only empower them further."

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

"Champion zombies as well? Oh this just gets better by the second, this does"
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144

Safehouse

"Yeah, Galen told me about that already. Indeed that seems weird... Just try to avoid these champions for now, alright?.. Hmm, looks like you could use some proper battle training before heading out... Tell you what, old man Leofric was a splendid fighter back in the day, he could teach you how to use a weapon properly. And... I wouldn't really recommend it, but you could ask the local gang to give you some pointers as well. They call themselves "Freedom". They've been friendly so far, but they're kinda suspicious."

As she ends her last sentence, you come to a door, which Lisa opens and shows you around. There's not much around, except a few cheap bedrolls on the floor.

"Well, here you go. Not the best apartments, but pretty decent, considering the situation. Visit me when you're ready to head out, I'll be in the scrying room, that's the room just after the vent duct exit. Take care." She says and goes off to the upper level of the safehouse.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee draws your attention to the serious bites that she's sustained. As she does, you notice that the pale woman is surprisingly strong; a fact hidden by her simple and baggy clothing. "I'm hurt pretty bad, but I don't see this going away overnight. Unless we find someone who can heal I think I'm going to have to tough this out. We did manage to find a couple healing salves, but we should save those for serious situations, not just because I have a little wound." As she speaks the bite mark seeps a bit of blood. She's clearly lying about how much it hurts, but she doesn't seem faint or shakey. "We should get out there sooner rather than later, and see if we can find a more reliable source of healing, like a trained doctor or nurse, or hopefully a cleric."

LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #146

SwashbucklerGuy

Erika walked over to Kaylee to take a closer look at her wounds. "Are... these infectious?" she asked. "If they are, we need to get you aid immediately." She took another look at the wound before taking a look at Kaylee's pale face. "At least try to stop the bleeding! Find something to cover it." Erika took out her backpack and reviewed her contents. The only thing that might help that she had was the rope she used for her grappling hook, but even then it probably wouldn't be of use for the wound.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Kaylee shrugs and adjusts her armor, which she's only just getting used to. "The lady back at the medicine shop said that they weren't, so I'm going to trust her on that. However, they definately contain at least a tinge of negative energy, even if it's just residue from the zombies; I seem to have developed some minor powers. You know how clerics can rebuke undead? Well, my master does it all the time, mostly for the feeling of dominance. He's kind of a jerk. Anyway, I've done that twice now. I don't know if I can do it again, but it might get us out of a pinch."

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Buck raises his mop in a salute.

"Anything you can't turn, I'll hit."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

SwashbucklerGuy

Erika paused for a moment. "I'm going to these Freedom members. We need all the help we can get."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2011-04-24 at 11:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Safehouse: Party's Room

After a minute or so, a beautiful blond woman in a labcoat wearing glasses came into the room and started, curiously and a bit unsurely at first, inspecting it's inhabitants.

"Um, hello? My name is Sannah, I'm... I guess you could call me a doctor over here. Lisa sent me over to treat any wounds you might have."

She then notices Kaylee's wound and curiously inspects it after fixing her glasses. "Well, you seem the one to be hurt the most, let me fix this..." She says and gently puts her hand over the wound, which seemed to swiftly heal under it.

"It should be fine now." She says, standing up straight and observing everyone in the room. "Anyone else needs to be patched up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaylee's healed for: (1d10)[4]. You may roll spellcraft to identify the spell she healed you with, if you like.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.