New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: (4e) Xen'drik - IC

Hearing Ignatio's description of Arawai, Chak'tatick feels a bit ashamed, thinking: "Great, so it seems I'm the only one who hasn't heard of Arawai before."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garwain View Post
    "Ah yes Arawai, a noble god indeed. Being a fellow worshipper, I like hearing you elaborate on your deity as well."
    "As I'm sure you already know," Seacil was glad to talk with someone with a more humanoid face- Chak'tatick was a lot more friendly-looking when he was trying to be intimidating! Arawai is the goddess of life, in particular, that life of the young and the bounty that nourishes said life."
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

"I'm not much into gods myself, I know they exist, but I don't have any truck with them. I find I can look after my own skin pretty well.", Khro says. "Love the joke though, and Paladins are good folk to know in a crisis."

"The sailors have some grog about them, and the chef can get hold of better fare. Personally I prefer the grog, got a bit of a taste for it on this trip. It has been quite boring until you guys turned up."

(Unready Thievery check as it is no longer required)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    [COLOR="Teal"]Arawai is the goddess of life, in particular, that life of the young and the bounty that nourishes said life."
    "Yes, goddess of life! I was just explaining that to them!", says Ignatio, eyeing between Seacil and Chak'tatick, happy that this awkward situation is over.
    My personal folder is a graveyard of ideas, stuck in their dream phase.
    The "DM won't kill us" attitude is a bubble that sometimes needs to be bursted.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bluff is vs. passive insight; you should all know your passive insights.

Ignatio has apparently never heard of Arawai, yet somehow is familiar with the Blood of Vol.

The Blood of Vol is a small, fairly benign religion obsessed with both literal and figurative meanings of blood; life, heredity, death, and undeath in particular. They believe that undeath is the route to achieving personal divinity, leading many of their priests and faithful to seek out the ancient rituals used to transform the living into greater undead. While this is somewhat disturbing to those outside the church, there is little reason to suspect that anything more sinister occurs within than their slightly macabre rituals. Vol is said to be an ancient elf who achieved the divinity through undeath her followers seek.
    Last edited by Telasi; 2010-12-17 at 10:41 AM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    Chak'tatick looks at Jack for a few seconds, before replying: "I eh, know little about human anatomy, but I've heard that hunching is bad for you, so walking straight might be a healthy alternative?"
    "True, and I can take advantage now of the fact that the shortest route between two points is a straight line."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Chak'tatick looks at Jack glassy, trying to understand the clue of the joke... He WAS somewhat certain it was a joke... He decides not to inquire further, and instead ask another question: "Guys, since many of us seem to have no specific place to go to when we reach Stormreach, what would you say of travelling together for a while? I think we all make good company and could benefit from each other's presence."

Mostly this was directed at Jack and Khro, Chak'tatick felt they had already sort of become friends and, impressed by Jack's jokes and social-ish nature with all those witty remarks, he felt it could be educational to stay near him for a while.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    "Guys, since many of us seem to have no specific place to go to when we reach Stormreach, what would you say of travelling together for a while? I think we all make good company and could benefit from each other's presence."
    Jack replies "And someone DOES need to help keep you from drugging random Paladins...." with a smile on his face, hopefully trying to get across that he's just teasing.

Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[26]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

A big Thri-kreen smile appears on Chak'taticks face. "Great! It's a deal!" He had wanted to shake Jack's hands, but because prior experience indicated that humans might not like shaking hands with him, he just pads him on the shoulder.

10. - Top - End - #100

Khro looks out to sea, thinking about her objectives in this new land*.

"I'd be willing, I could do with some gold. I spent my last gold on clothes and this boat. I'm also searching for ingredients for my potions, so wandering about with a few defenders and healers is not a bad idea. Persuading a creature to willingly disembowel itself is hard even for me." she says as she smiles at her own witticism "Besides, with you guys around things could hardly be dull. How long do you think is left of this voyage? I need to study some books before we land, and also might need to make more potions for us.

Spoiler
    Show

*(don't get killed, make some cash, learn more about her new powers)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khro View Post
    "I'd be willing, I could do with some gold. I spent my last gold on clothes and this boat. I'm also searching for ingredients for my potions, so wandering about with a few defenders and healers is not a bad idea. Persuading a creature to willingly disembowel itself is hard even for me."
    "Hey, I'd do fine on my own. I could taunt the giant enemy crab's choice in clothing until it ate me. Wait... Yeah, companionship would be a welcome relief from my inevitable tour of the gastrointestinal system of megafauna."

"Besides, with you guys around things could hardly be dull. How long do you think is left of this voyage? I need to study some books before we land, and also might need to make more potions for us.
    "You may want to brew some potions of Cure Light Hangover."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

"I can always offer a hand or four in fighting the megafauna. I'm also quite good a scout, so I could help guide us through the wilderness."

13. - Top - End - #103

"Well then Gentlemen, I will go back to my cabin to get some rest. Give me a shout if you need a hand, or we hit port."

Bluff: (1d20+13)[25]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well then Gentlemen, I will go back to my cabin to get some rest. Give me a shout if you need a hand, or we hit port."

Bluff: [roll0]
    "Yeah, think I'm going to go practice for a while."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

"That is an interesting proposal. I'll gladly join this merry band for a while."
    My personal folder is a graveyard of ideas, stuck in their dream phase.
    The "DM won't kill us" attitude is a bubble that sometimes needs to be bursted.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

"That sounds like a fine plan. Now, about that drink." Jaspar tries to find the nearest Lyrandar crewmen and queries him about getting some ale. He's got the coin to pay!
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Haha!" Chak'tatick laughs, the idea of having found a group of friends, a clutch, a team, made him feel good. He felt free and strong. However, one person hadn't replied yet: "Seacil, what about you? Will you join us? Please?" While saying so, Chak'tatick does a step towards him and offers him his empty hand. Although Chak'tatick didn't like Seacil that much, it would be tactical and strategically wise to show mercy and forgiveness towards someone, especially as the whole group is gathered now for the first time. Seacil joining the group at Chak'taticks request would, he figured, strengthen his position in the group.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

This is amazing! It's like they want us to track them down and bust them in the act! "Well, Chak'tatick, my eager one..." Seacil jokingly hesitates, "If I join your troupe, can we find a more 'safe' way to dispose of our hazardous liquids?"
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    "That sounds like a fine plan. Now, about that drink." Jaspar tries to find the nearest Lyrandar crewmen and queries him about getting some ale. He's got the coin to pay!
    The crewman directs him aft and below decks, to the mess hall. "Y'll hafta talk t'th'cook f'that."

This is not a House Lyrandar ship, by the way.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

This is amazing! It's like they want us to track them down and bust them in the act! "Well, Chak'tatick, my eager one..." Seacil jokingly hesitates, "If I join your troupe, can we find a more 'safe' way to dispose of our hazardous liquids?"
    "Thank you for joining us, I hope we can be friends. I eh I will certainly be more... careful next time."

After having said that, Chak'tatick follows the others, preparing to drink lots and lots of alcoholic beverages.

21. - Top - End - #111

I retire to my room.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Completely sarcastically, before leaving to practice playing in his own cabin:
    "Yeah, yeah, feed them to the sick and elderly..."

23. - Top - End - #113

Khro picks up the loose pages I have feverishly writing on in my sleep. The symbols don't make any sense to her, but reading them feels similar to the teleport she pulled off earlier. Why didn't the others question it? It can't be that common, especially not as a reflex. She sits back on the bed and starts to meditate. These powers make her feel stronger, and she must master them if she is going to control them. She might not be able to run again, but when she is cornered, then her enemies will run in terror as their very shadows work against them.

She feels herself return to her body, but something isn't right. The cabin is too dark, too oppressive. The pages are in front of her, but not as she left them, the symbols are still indecipherable, but there are three times as many sheets. The symbols change from each page to he next, becoming more recognisable, more human, until the last page. Only a single line of text, in common, in small writing:

"I summon you."

24. - Top - End - #114

A short time after you head belowdecks, the ship's rocking begins to grow more violent, and an explosive thunderclap rattles everything that isn't bolted down. You can hear rain, then hail start to fall on the deck above you. Considering the fact that the clear sky and calm seas earlier, this strikes you as more than a little odd. Suddenly, the ship lurches horribly, and you hear a sickening crunch through the noise of the storm!
    Snickett avatar by me.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    A short time after you head belowdecks, the ship's rocking begins to grow more violent, and an explosive thunderclap rattles everything that isn't bolted down. You can hear rain, then hail start to fall on the deck above you. Considering the fact that the clear sky and calm seas earlier, this strikes you as more than a little odd. Suddenly, the ship lurches horribly, and you hear a sickening crunch through the noise of the storm!
    Jack pops out of his room and tries to find the source of the noise.

26. - Top - End - #116

There's water running across the deck, and the bow of the ship is slowly sinking. You can't see the source of the noise, but you can probably guess.
    Snickett avatar by me.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    There's water running across the deck, and the bow of the ship is slowly sinking. You can't see the source of the noise, but you can probably guess.
    From the bow? I look down that way to see what's going on. And for lifeboats. (We do have lifeboats, right?)

Perception: (1d20+4)[22]

28. - Top - End - #118

Khro wakes up. She listens to the commotion on deck whilst slotting her daggers into her armour and putting it on. Grabbing her Khopesh, she leaves her room silently straining her senses to find out what is going on.

Stealth (1d20+9)[18]
    Perception (1d20+6)[20]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can I have my armor on? I realized I may not be wearing it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Seacil searches around for any children on the ship and assist them to getting to the lifeboats. Additionally, he'll keep an eye out for anyone in the group, in this order of importance: Ignatio, Jaspar, Chak'tatick, Khro, then Jack.
    ---