New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Metro] Random Locations/Streets

[Police Station]

Krystal gets an idea of where the voice is coming from. She'll get off of her pallet and go to it, so she doesn't have to talk so loud.

Nope. But, you ask me, he deserves some jail time. Idiot wants to take a hostage...

She decides to check on something. She'll glance to her door, to make sure nobody is watching. If nobody is, she'll form a fist to try and make a single crystal come out of her knuckle. Mostly just checking to see if they have any power-dampening tech or whatever.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Police Station]

Making a crystal will be mighty difficult. As while they don't so much have a power blocker. They do have some sort of device that makes it hard to concentrate.

It's like a constant buzzing in your head and it gets louder when you try and work your powers.

Makes it pretty hard to keep anything up.

The policeman looks up from his paper. Had he just heard something?

Nah.

He goes back to his paper. Now however more on edge.

Might want to get the guy on the other side of the pipe to speak more quietly.

3. - Top - End - #243

[Police Station]

Well, for the cop who I figure is supposed to be watching them via the security cameras, Slick is sitting cross-legged near the commode. He's in prison clothes. Yeah, Krystal would be, too. I should have mentioned that. Without his usual double layer of clothes, he's concentrating on not sliding all over the place.

He notes that Krystal is trying to keep her voice down, so he follows suit, although he doesn't see the point. "Hey, old Murray's just got a couple of screws loose. He's normally an okay guy. He just snapped, you know? I tried to calm him down, but he was just melting everything, trying to get attention."

He growls, assuming that the guy was killed. "Well, he got it alright! I tried to help him. Thanks for trying, too."

Also, no, there is no power-dampening. I wouldn't think that that level of technology would have been made, yet.

To edit, well, I'll just let celtois take over, as I am less in charge of these things. I didn't contradict anything, though, really.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2011-01-06 at 12:07 AM.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

4. - Top - End - #244

[Police Station]

Krystal didn't think of the camera. But, as luck would have it, her disappointment at being able to bring out a crystal makes her sigh and change her position so she's sitting on the floor, back to the wall.

Keep your voice down. I might just be paranoid, but the guards might be able to hear you.

Can't get my crystals to work...you still got your powers?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #245

[Police Station]

See my post for what they do have. The only reason it seems to get louder is it takes some concentration to use the mutant powers reliably. Meaning it just gets more annoying. Sorry for stealing your Thunder Tru. But I wanted them to have some way to help keep mutants more in check.

There are of course the cameras. The person watching them isn't paying particularly close attention. But they are being recorded. So the conversation will likely be noticed.

The Cop seems to have finished the article he was reading. As he sighing puts down his newspaper and starts to turn around to go back to watching the scum.

6. - Top - End - #246

[Police Station]

No problems. It sounds as if it would only work on the types of powers that require concentration. Slick's is one of those things that you can't turn off. Mayhaps he just wouldn't be able to transfer his No Frictioniness to other things, though?

Anyways, Slick stifles a barked laugh. "Oh, yeah, I've got 'em. I wish I could turn my friction back on! But don't worry. I've practiced, and I'm a much better kisser, these days, Miss...?" He coughs, then continues, "Doesn't matter, anyway. I've been here before. Haven't seen a way out. They'll work you over, but they'll throw us back out, eventually. Two or three days, for you, I bet."

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

7. - Top - End - #247

[Police Station]

Krystal's healing is subconscious, so it'll work just fine. However, her crystals, she has to think about most of the time. Once in a while, they'll pop out on their own. But, not often.

She smirks a little at the kissing comment. My name's Krystal.

What've you been in here for?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #248

[Police Station]

Now actually watching the prisoners the guards gaze is drawn to Krystal. That waste of space was acting pretty funny. Looked almost like she was talking to the wall.

He'll approach slowly removing his Taser from his belt. "Hey, what do you think your doing! Do you need to be put under again."

9. - Top - End - #249

[Police Station]

Slick grimaces and smacks his forehead. "Sorry! I don't usually get company that wants to talk." He then starts constructing his own version of Morse code, because he doesn't know the real one. He hasn't considered how to teach her his new code, though, yet, at which point he will smack himself in the forehead again and mumble another apology. Not wanting to get her in trouble with any more talking, he frowns and starts beating himself up about not being able to help Murray out.

- Myself

10. - Top - End - #250

[Police Station]

Krystal jumps a little when the guard speaks to her. Busted...

Then she glares at him. Running through some lines from a play. Friend of mine was trying to memorize it, thought I'd help her. Something wrong with that? Not like I got anything else to do here...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #251

[Police Station]

"Yeah actually there is a problem with that. Fact is prisoners shouldn't be trying to communicate with one another. Leads to all sorts of problems." The guard flashes a wicked grin. "They told me you were trouble. Seems they weren't far off. Still when he's got the time for it a little interview with the detective should fix that up nicely." He chuckles to himself while twirling his taser around his finger and returning to his seat. Now watching Krystal pretty closely.

12. - Top - End - #252

[Police Station]

Talking to...wait, you think I was talking to another prisoner? Hello, I'm the only one in this cell! Who would I be talking to?

She grumbles to herself. Probably some very not nice words in there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #253

[Police Station]

Slick grins at Krystal's defiance. His reaction is to surge to his feet at the inspiration, but he decides that that would be way too risky, and he'd probably fall over. Instead, he sticks his tongue out at one of the cameras, then bows his head to whisper, "We need one of those Morse code things, Krystal. Anyway," he sighs, "You're tough. You'll be okay. As for me, I'm not a criminal. I'm a..."

Normally way too confident for his own good, he wants to call himself a superhero, but being in a cell kind of makes that sounds silly, so he amends with, "I'm just trying to help people, give them something to believe in. Murray just snapped. My brother would have been able to help him."
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2011-01-06 at 12:57 AM.

- Myself

14. - Top - End - #254

[Prison]

"Nobody else to talk to here. Save for me and you weren't talking to me. For all I know your mutant gunk might be communication related. "

Feel free not to wait for me I'm probably going to deadtime soon.

The guard smiles once again when another guard comes into to replace him.

Giving the pair a brief window of opportunity to talk.
    While the one guard leans in a whispers something to the next one.

The new guard chuckles meanly.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

[Coal Plot]

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    And our heroes make it to the door. The Coal hot on their heels.

Implied lightning thing can happen now.
    And once they're out the door, Dorothy spins, thrusts out her hands, a nimbus of crackling electricity up to her elbows...closes her eyes, and...

...discharges.

ZappazappazappityZAP!!!

KABOOM?

...she then slumps backwards, exhausted.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #256

[Police Station]

Seeing the window of opportunity, Krystal gives a quick whisper to Slick. Gonna have to stop the talking. Guards are catching on. Sorry.

Then she speaks to the guard again. Just cause I'm running through lines doesn't mean I'm talking to someone! Sheesh!

And I'm sure you guys got some file one me already. My powers aren't communication. Unless you wanna count spelling words with my crystals.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #257

[Coal Plot, Which Plotclone Krystal Could Totally Still Drop In For]

Farcy observes as well as he can and probably has to rub his eyes, afterwards. He instinctively rushes over to support Dorothy, although his hands are a bit twitchy about it. After glancing up to see what she managed to accomplish, he glares down at her. "What did you do? Are you alright? Do you even know the effects that has on your body? How can I fix that?!"

To edit, okay, so, he'll head over to her a bit less quickly, after groaning and dusting himself off. He also retrieves his bag and pulls out a bottle, just in case anyone got seriously hurt.
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2011-01-06 at 01:20 AM.

- Myself

18. - Top - End - #258

[Grinch]

Kamboom is one term for it. Though really coal is not the most explosive of things. Coal dust on the other hand. That's explosive.

Kaboom indeed.

The door can't close fast enough however and the explosion will likely hit our heroes too. Most likely sending them flying It's a pretty big boom. Possibly even singeing them a lot.

Might make it hard for Farcy to do anything up to you though.

[Police Station]

"You really think that I have time to read through every damn file on every piece of scum here. Your card did mention something about crystals." The guard sneers at her as he walks out.

The next guard glares at her. "Seems like you like to cause trouble. Well I'll tell you what here at the station we don't put up with that. If you'd like to avoid a great deal of pain I'd suggest you stop."

19. - Top - End - #259

[Police Station]

((Nah, no plotclones for me. They get way too confusing.))

Krystal folds her arms across her chest. Not my fault you guys grabbed me when I didn't do anything.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #260

((Gah! The thread shapeshifts! oh well. My edited post works well enough.))

[Police Station]

Slick "Huh."s and wonders what kind of power she has over crystals. He almost whispers something supportive to Krystal, but he decides that he'll just keep an ear cocked, in case he needs to antagonize the guards even more than Krystal is. In the meantime, he stands slowly up to work on his balance. Because he's supposed to be practicing, so that he can eventually learn how to control his power.

- Myself

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

[Coal Plot]

Dorothy totally hadn't thought of that.

THWUMP

WHAAAAAAAAANG!

That latter sound was a hunk of metal from the hinge richocheting off something overhead and - one presumes - vanishing into the darkness...

Dorothy, meanwhile, is looking rather out of it still, just against the far wall.

"Ow! "Ah'll be fine...jus'...find me a powah fixture or somethin'..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #262

[Police Station]

"Far as the report says that's not what happened. You where disrespecting and officer of the law. Refusing to comply with requests and generally being a troublemaker. No wonder the city is such a mess with scum like you in it." The Guard rolls his eyes. "Then you go and cause more trouble here."

The guard fingers the Taser in his hand thoughtfully. As if contemplating just knocking her out and being done with it.

Oh.. and I need to deadtime now. Class in the morning.

[Grinch]

(Mhmm I'm a double Ninja )

And the RP between players can continue unhindered. Nothing from me here.

23. - Top - End - #263

[Police Station]

Krystal glares in his direction. I was trying to help end a hostage situation. Mr. Melting guy had one of your guys in his arms, about to rearrange his face! Excuse me, but I figured you guys would've loved to watch him take a shot at me rather than you!

She figured her crystals would've blocked it, but she doesn't say that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #264

[Coal Plot]

Farcy pants for a bit and winces at the back pain he's noticing. "If I had been in shape, when I got stuck with this..." He narrows his eyes, filing the possibly inaccurate information about her powers away. Also, he's looking for anything electronic that she could mayhaps sap power from, since he figures that there wouldn't be any outlets down here.

He peers into the coal lair suspiciously, then attempts to tug Dorothy up. "We should move quickly. More might be coming."

((Of course, I have already stayed up way too late, so I am off, as well. Whoops?))

- Myself

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

[Streets]
    James' eyes glance around as he walks down the streets, a black hat on his head to give his appearance a little flair. He doesn't appear to go in any direction, but sooner or later arrives near the Police Station. It was time to enact phase one of the plan.

---------
    [Police Station]
    If any cops are paying remote attention to their surroundings, they might be able to hear several taunts aimed at them being loudly shouted outside of the station.
    Last edited by Gimliggamer; 2011-01-07 at 09:59 PM.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Coal Plot]

John is still there as well. We aren't any closer to finding out who is behind all this though. Maybe you guys should get out of here though.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

27. - Top - End - #267

Police Station

It seems the Police are paying attention....

Mostly to the surveillance camera that covers the entrance. Hmmm wonder what they are going to see?

{Coal Plot}

Nothing else seems to be coming. In fact the whole place is eerily quiet. They appear to be in a hallway of sorts.

28. - Top - End - #268

[Coal Plot]

Farcy raises a suspicious eyebrow at John. "And why wouldn't you need to get out, as well? You didn't seem to enjoy getting attacked by those things any more than I did." Upon taking a swig of his eggnog, then stowing it in his bag, he heads towards the room that has presumably been cleared of creepy coal monsters. "We all have to go forward, anyway, if we want to get out of here."

((Also, so, I guess that means that there weren't any electronic type thingies for Dorothy to mayhaps recharge from?))

- Myself

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by celtois View Post
    Police Station

It seems the Police are paying attention....

Mostly to the surveillance camera that covers the entrance. Hmmm wonder what they are going to see?
    Which is to say, absolutely nothing. Just the taunting. Seems to be coming from around the corner...
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

30. - Top - End - #270

Police Station

You know it's funny. As annoying at the mutants are. The police had a grudging respect for the scum they were without a doubt powerful. Some of them were even somewhat smart.

Which meant that the police had to be constantly vigilant. And among the most highly trained police force in all of the world.

Which meant they could spot on ambush this obvious with ease.

That said it wasn't the sort of thing they could just ignore either. And so it's a little while later when one of their remote bomb disarming robots rolls out the door.

It is of course controlled by someone in the police station wirelessly. They appear to have temporarily armed it with a Taser.

[Coal]
    Nope nothing of an electronic sort unless the PC's want to feed her the flashlights.. or anything else they might have on their persons. Battery powered watches...etc.