New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default Clothing Style Types?

Ok, I've never been a 'style' guy. I like my aesthetics (my place is pretty well done if I say so myself)... except when it comes to clothing. Never gave a crap unless it was a costume.

However, then someone was talking to me about 'one of those abercrombies' and I'm like, what the crap is an 'Abercrombie'? Apparently it's a style type. I looked it up and cracked up.

My second eldest sister doesn't generally buy name brand or anything, but her style is like total 'abercrombie'. Skinny jeans, tight t-shirt of that kind, no jewelry. Just completely looks like one of those right out of the magazine (well, those that are dressed).

Then I have my eldest sister who is the opposite. She almost never wears anything but what I call 'cutesie' dresses, and always has on an assortment of jewelry. Feels naked if doesn't have on at least earrings and a necklace. Chic-style maybe?

Out of sheer curiosity, is there like somewhere that lists 'styles'? I mean, there are the obvious styles like punk, grunge, emo, etc, but what else?

Unless going to a really fancy place, I'm typically sandals, cargo shorts and a t-shirt/tank (hawaiin over-shirt optional) 9 months out of the year. Other three months sports pants and a t-shirt with sneakers.

Is this some kind of 'labeled' style?
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-01-27 at 12:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Clothing Style Types?

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Is this some kind of 'labeled' style?
    Yeah, I think it is called comfortable.
    Kirby-on-the-Dragoon-avatar by Oregano, thanks bro!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude
    Sheriff of Moddingham: - .... .-. . .- -.. / .-.. --- -.-. -.- . -..
    That's brutal. No mercy from the gunslinger ITP.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrizztFan24 View Post
    This is why I do not get fashion.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

That works for me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Comfortable is subjective, for some it will be a more relaxed styles, others (like me) need a certain piece of clothing to feel right.

As for me, I hate jeans, I can't wear them, they burn me. I never were shorts and bermudas are rare for me. Sandals are also another article I haven't worn since I was 5.

As for a list:
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5163035AAVlSrl
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Comfortable is subjective, for some it will be a more relaxed styles, others (like me) need a certain piece of clothing to feel right.
    Yep. I, for one, feel most comfortable in a closely-cut vest, dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a pair of extra-wide cut swing dance appropriate dress slacks. But then again, I'm a bit of a strange bird.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I cant wear anything other than jeans. I find T shirts to be quite comfortable and someties I might wear a regular cotton shirt over the t shirt.

I cant wear shorts, I dont like them. Dont know why.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Hipster emo? Skinny jeans are actually more comfortable than I had thought when I was younger.
    ____

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Yep. I, for one, feel most comfortable in a closely-cut vest, dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a pair of extra-wide cut swing dance appropriate dress slacks. But then again, I'm a bit of a strange bird.
    From the waist up you dress exactly like me.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just go jeans and t shirt, with my hoodie or a partly zipped sweater, whatever you wanna call those, mostly regardless the weather.

I don't know if you'd wanna call this anything.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

cool Re: Clothing Style Types?

For me comfortable is very loose clothes, like skirts or skirt pants (jeans are the devil), and a t-shirt on top, preferably with a suitably geeky image. Black features heavily in my wardrobe for its practicality and being a favored color of mine(it goes with pretty much anything as well). Here are my three favorite outfits :

Loose black pants with black t-shirt saying (in white letters) "the cake is a lie"

Loose black pants with black t-shirt saying (in white/silver with some red streaks around the letters) "Nanda" (imagine four (cute) guys being real life ninjas with comedy and a good soundtrack)

Loose black pant with a black t-shirt saying (in white letters) a Monty Python quote in Greek (long story)

It appears there is a pattern to my style.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-01-27 at 04:35 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

if you see me 9 times out of 10 i will be wearing my patchwork jeans, toms or boots, and a loose fitting long sleeve shirt or hoodie with one sleeve rolled up
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Me, I'm mostly just jeans and a t-shirt, often with hoodies.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'm a fashion whore. And I mean "casual high fashion" (think Justin Timberlake), not what's trendy at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

I don't seem to be built for jeans. Never fit me right about the crotch. Ever. As such, they are always restrictive and nearly bust my manly parts if I move. I'm a flexible guy, and they don't bend well with me. I'd wear shorts year round if it stayed warm enough. Least I got the calves for them

Now you hoodie folks... I tend to wear a hoodie instead of a jacket. Because it's cold.
    Unless its winter, why are you wearing long-sleeved stuff? Do you not sweat? I see folk all the time in summer wearing that stuff and looking miserable.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-01-27 at 06:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Personally, I've always tried to stick to "fabulous" and "gauche" as catch-all terms. In example, sweater-vests-and-coffee-stains-emo is just another way of saying "fabulous," while I-can't-see-on-the-left-side-mismatched-converse emo is another way of saying "gauche."

Similarly with Siouxsie-Sioux "goths" and Slipknot "goths", respectively; fabulous and gauche.

Fabulous is spelled properly only in italics.
    Former Ghosts?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I wear slacks or shorts and T-shirts.

I do like my printed T-shirts, though, so I tend to have cartoon characters and other similar prints on my T-shirts.
    My reasoning is that if they didn't want a grown man wearing a T-shirt with a Mr. Men print, or Animal from the Muppet Show, then they shouldn't make T-shirts with those prints in sizes that fit me.

In the winter, when it gets a bit too chilly to walk around in just a T-shirt, I have a hoodie jacket. I get too hot with any more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't seem to be built for jeans. Never fit me right about the crotch. Ever. As such, they are always restrictive and nearly bust my manly parts if I move. I'm a flexible guy, and they don't bend well with me. I'd wear shorts year round if it stayed warm enough. Least I got the calves for them

Now you hoodie folks... I tend to wear a hoodie instead of a jacket. Because it's cold.
    Unless its winter, why are you wearing long-sleeved stuff? Do you not sweat? I see folk all the time in summer wearing that stuff and looking miserable.
    sleeve rolled up
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #19

I wear chinos, shirts, polo shirts or suits most of the time. Sometimes chinos and a nice T-shirt.
    Every time I post a statement feel free to add 'In my opinion...' whenever applicable.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Most of my wardrobe is either has Visual Kei, Cybergoth and Trad Goth stuff. I also have a selection of band shirts, leather jackets, other tops and skinny jeans for uni when I can't be arsed to pick an outfit. Seriously, I am not waking up earlier then half 7 just to get ready for uni.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I pretty much stick to loose slacks in varying shades of brown and gray, and monochrome shirts, with long sleeves unless its the summer. Then add in a monochrome coat in some sort of dull brown-green or gray.

This clothing style can be adequately described as boring.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Well. Because people seeing more of me than my hands and face bothers me more than the very slight extra warmth long sleeves causes.

But I'm strange. And am equally comfortable inside the turbine building of a nuclear reactor, (IIRC the guide said that it was 100+ degrees, Very humid) And taking a nap in the snow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose according to that list, I dress 'casual'. Boots, loose-fitting jeans (not falling-off-the-hips loose, but not David Bowie cut either), T-shirt - either plain or simple print -, long sleeve shirt or jacket - open and sleeves rolled/bunched up -, baseball cap, knife, flashlight, duct tape, and a phillips screwdriver.

24. - Top - End - #24

OrcBarbarianGuy

I pretty much wear jeans the whole year round, both skinny and baggy, I generally wear t-shirts and a hoodie and/or jacket with a heavy black coat on top.

I do have some gothic stuff as well, mainly my Raven SDL shirt covered in buckles. Because I love buckles. Like immensely.

Mmmmm....buckles.

I also always wear my big black combat boots with neon green laces. I actually extremely rarely ever wear any other kind of shoes to the extent that I had actually don't know where any of my others are.

I don't know if they count but I also have my glasses, they're thick-rimmed and big. I like them even if they do make me look like Rivers Cuomo.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    I pretty much wear jeans the whole year round, both skinny and baggy, I generally wear t-shirts and a hoodie and/or jacket with a heavy black coat on top.

I do have some gothic stuff as well, mainly my Raven SDL shirt covered in buckles. Because I love buckles. Like immensely.

Mmmmm....buckles.

I also always wear my big black combat boots with neon green laces. I actually extremely rarely ever wear any other kind of shoes to the extent that I had actually don't know where any of my others are.

I don't know if they count but I also have my glasses, they're thick-rimmed and big. I like them even if they do make me look like Rivers Cuomo.
    buckles are fun. and jingly
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #26

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    buckles are fun. and jingly
    They so are.

That reminds me. I also have the Badgejacket.

It's a hoodie I have that I've decided to attempt to totally cover in badges. So far I've got up to 64 and it makes it impossible for me to sneak up on people.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Ugh, always hated belts period, and jangly... anything.

*blechs and twitches*

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Well. Because people seeing more of me than my hands and face bothers me more than the very slight extra warmth long sleeves causes.
    This awakes in me a desire to run down the street in July, pulling back the hoods of every one I meet.

FEEL THE SUNLIGHT IN YOUR HAIR!
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-01-27 at 08:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

I tend to wear jeans or shorts (depending on weather), a t-shirt (always with print or a design), hoodie or jacket if cold, and my fedora. Sandals or tennis shoes in the summer, tennis shoes in the winter. All of it I either received free, or got at some place like Wal-Mart.

I dress "cheep". Part of being a college student.

Go Tigers!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    They so are.

That reminds me. I also have the Badgejacket.

It's a hoodie I have that I've decided to attempt to totally cover in badges. So far I've got up to 64 and it makes it impossible for me to sneak up on people.
    once i take the dog collar off my jeans and put my necklace in my shirt i'm a damn ninja
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh, always hated belts period, and jangly... anything.

*blechs and twitches*

This awakes in me a desire to run down the street in July, pulling back the hoods of every one I meet.

FEEL THE SUNLIGHT IN YOUR HAIR!
    I don't wear the hood up! That would block my view and then I'd get paranoid!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.