New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Because Friendship Is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm just sad about the squished muffins, myself.
    The box had room for four muffins, but there are five in picture. I'm pretty sure Derpy can just summon muffins from another plane.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    The box had room for four muffins, but there are five in picture. I'm pretty sure Derpy can just summon muffins from another plane.
    But she's still summoning them to shove through mail slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

I have developed two related theories.

First off, Megan is a Time Lord (or Lady). (Both rely on social fu and the occasional fancy tech (or magical) gadget to save the world/universe/ponyverse.)

Second off, Fluttershy is Megan regenerated into pony form. (If you've seen the latest episode, you know what I mean.)

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone ordered Geass? Have one :P

Spoiler
    Show

Also, comic I found somewhat amusing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Above Us Only Sky

5. - Top - End - #965

Stayed up until 2am having a drunken argument about shipping with a friend. It was certainly... something.

dammit twilight can't have fluttershy she's rainbow dash's

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Someone ordered Geass? Have one :P

Spoiler
    Show
    YES.

Did you draw this?

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Also, comic I found somewhat amusing:

Spoiler
    Show
    I can so see Pinkie and RD doing that. XDDD
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-02-26 at 07:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Stayed up until 2am having a drunken argument about shipping with a friend. It was certainly... something.
    Indeed. I seem to be the only one who believes they're in Ponyamory(Polyponory?). It's quite the odd experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #968

Oh yeah, and while we're on the topic of Fluttershy giving creepy stares... (linked for size)
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-02-26 at 07:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yeah, and while we're on the topic of Fluttershy giving creepy stares... (linked for size)
    ...My Little Ponies and Majora's Mask.

...This cannot end well. ._. *plays the Song of Time*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

You and me against the world, man. *brohoof*

11. - Top - End - #971
    Firbolg in the Playground

They may look cute together, but Rainbow Dash is a carefree, capricious pegasus, one who cares little for obligations and responsibilities. Trust me, it would only end in heartbreak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    They may look cute together, but Rainbow Dash is a carefree, capricious pegasus, one who cares little for obligations and responsibilities. Trust me, it would only end in heartbreak.
    And every night when Rainbow Dash came home, there would be Fluttershy with a quiet smile and a cup of Dash's favorite beverage, having attended to all the important but boring little details of day-to-day life. Always in Dash's corner, never saying "you must do this" or "don't try that", only ever asking for a soft kiss on the cheek or an evening spent curled up together on the couch.

Fluttershy is strong enough to put up with all of Rainbow Dash's worst moments, and considerate enough to be there for her in her moments of need, while Dash provides a strong every day protector figure and the simple, carefree joys and release that Fluttershy lacks on her own. Heartbreak nothin'.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

And every night when Rainbow Dash came home, there would be Fluttershy with a quiet smile and a cup of Dash's favorite beverage, having attended to all the important but boring little details of day-to-day life. Always in Dash's corner, never saying "you must do this" or "don't try that", only ever asking for a soft kiss on the cheek or an evening spent curled up together on the couch.

Fluttershy is strong enough to put up with all of Rainbow Dash's worst moments, and considerate enough to be there for her in her moments of need, while Dash provides a strong every day protector figure and the simple, carefree joys and release that Fluttershy lacks on her own. Heartbreak nothin'.
    You've put a lot of thought into this, I can tell.
    Truth resists simplicity.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Various things I found:

Cool remix of the main theme:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V59MgGRHvo

Post from Laura Faust's DA Blog

Spoiler
    Show

She also says somewhere else that Rarity lives independently, and that Sweetie Bell only visits.

Random idea from myself:
    I'm kind of curious about what an episode would be like where Pinkie winds herself up more and more, until she spins out of control. Someone lets her plan a small party, and she invites more and more people, makes it bigger and more fun, until it takes over the whole town and not even she can keep it under control and she burns herself out trying to do so. Moral being to know when enough is enough.
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2011-02-26 at 11:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Banned

Gods and Men! That's a glorious find!
    And what a spin; all those monsters, disasters and villains... MLP is Brutal!

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

Phew... This review was delayed a day's time due to my own comic cropping up. But, I decided that there's no better way to spend a Saturday evening than watching pony cartoons and being made fun of by one's boyfriend

My first review: Episode 1.

My second review: Episode 2.

My third review: Episode 3.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Episode 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that by now, I've spent the same amount of time reviewing that it would have taken to watch all the episodes. That's... something, I guess.

By now, I've reached the fourth episode: Applebuck Season! Since I really like Apple, I'm looking forward to this.

Hooooly, that's a lot of apples there, Apple! Are those feeding all the Ponyville ponies?

Oh hey, a male voice! A male pony! And he's... he's...
    Pink.
    And wrapped in a bandage, which Apple punches. I feel sorry for this guy already. He's patronising, a little grumpy, smart and concerned about his little sister. He seems boring and snarky. I like him!

Except Apple doesn't care for his "fancy mathematics". Snicker. That's quite ambitious, Apple.

My boyfriend catches my attention. When I look at him, he makes fun of me, exclaiming "My little poooony!" in a childish voice. As punishment, I unplug my earphones and let the sound go to the speakers.
    Thus, I'm treated to my boyfriend singing falsely along with the title song. I don't care. I'm in my own little happy-place of ponies!

The episode starts with an EARTHQUAKE! Yes! If nothing else, it's looking more epic than last episode, and that's all I need!

Oh. No earthquake, just a stampede. Go, go, Apple, it's your turn to shine?
    (and hey, Rainbow is useful, go her!)
    Panicking ponies run to safety. Except Pinkie (god, she's stupid) who decides to.... I have no idea what she's doing. Being retarded, apparantly. Twilight runs off to help. I have to wonder, how did Pinkie survive before she met Twilight?
    Diva plays damsel in distress - is it weird that I find her likable even though she's just as useful as Pinkie. Diva seems snooty and a bit lazy; like she'd actually pull herself together if it mattered. Pinkie is just... Pinkie.

Go, go Apple! Everyone's cheering her on, which is as it should be.
    Twilight's expression in answer to Pinkie's antics mirrors my own. She really is the only sane, sensible pony in this show.

I have no idea how Apple has tied that lasso. And I don't care. Woo, action!

Haha, the cows can talk?!! I like how they're still cow-like (aka dumb and easily frightened) even though they can talk.

Apple is celebrated and rides off into the sunset. Awesome!

My boyfriend is making fun again. I'm four minutes into the episode. This is gonna be one looooong hour and a half.

Cue some awesome puns. I like the mayor. She seems sane.

Aww, a party for Apple. That's kinda sweet (if a little less epic than I expected). Except Apple doesn't show up even though "she's never late". Never late for what? Why are they supposed to gather on this day? I seem to have missed something.
    No, wait, of course this is a special Apple-party, and she must have been invited. Durr.

Heeey Twilight-lookalike in the crowd! I guess there's only so many colour themes one can inflict on a pony template.
    I love Twilight. Is she really gonna read a speech that literally fills out 15 centimeters of paper? She's such a nerd.
    Rainbow interrupts. I'm not sure if she's trying to honour Apple, or if she's just attention-whoring. Since I'm not sure, I'm gonna give her the benefit of doubt.
    Pinkie is the next to interrupt. Cue randomness. At least her final comment makes people cheer for Apple. Sweet.
    Awww, Fluttershy. So cute and Fluttershy-ish!
    Twilight is being a bit bitchy, though. Too used to special treatment, perhaps? Too much of a shut-in? Too serious? Man, I'm getting flashbacks to myself in high school.

I like the mayor. She's not that interesting of a character, but she's a good "glue" for the town. Sane, adult, practical.

Oh nooo, Apple is gone. I'd be surprised if I hadn't been told that she was gone a few minutes ago.
    After a moment of awkwardness, a very, very, very tired Apple shows up. I guess she should've listened to PinkBro after all.
    Ohhh no, sleep madness has turned her into a second Pinkie.

My boyfriend makes fun for the fourth time in seven minutes. I'm actually surprised he hasn't done it more.

So, Apple says thanks and leaves with her award. I love Diva's focus on the "messiness", snicker. She's so wonderfully diva-ish.

Haha, perfectly-landing apples! That's pretty handy there, Apple. Must make your work easier.
    Aw, and she's so tired. I can only feel for her - I unravel, too, when I don't get enough sleep. And she sounds SO cute sleeping! I love the little neighing!

Um. Hi, teleporting Twilight? Why is that necessary? Is she just showing off?

The brother's name is Macintosh. He's a pink male pony named Macintosh. I have to look that up before I start making computer jokes, but apparantly, "macintosh" is both a computer and a type of... fabric.
    I... I have no idea how to work with that.

Poor Apple is all alone. That's gotta suck. Her responsibility levels are quite admirable, though. I read somewhere (in this thread) that a lot of people don't like Apple. Gotta wonder why.
    Maybe it comes later?

Oh my, she's stubborn. Fancy maths, fancy common sense... Apple will have none of it!
    Wait, wasn't Apple one of the strongest advocate of friendship and not standing alone back in episode two? Guess that doesn't count when it's her who needs help.

And then she's showing up to help everyone else, it seems. Rainbow first. Rainbow's not too annoying yet. A whole twenty seconds, and I find nothing despicable. Go Rainbow.
    Ouch. Pony to the ground. That's gotta hurt.

Times four. Poor Apple.

Aaand Rainbow's acting selfish, surprise. I mean, really?! Doesn't that girl have any empathy in her blue little body?

At least she gets what's coming to her. Horray for karma-justified cartoon violence. And she realizes that Apple might need help. That would've been a good realization before Apple smashed to the ground, what, four times?! Oh well, at least someone might actually do something now.

Apple is plagued by tinnitus, and yelling ensues. My boyfriends passes by and asks if the show features a retard pony? I have to tell him yes, but not this one. He makes fun (seven times by now - and question what I see in this show).
    I can't decide if Apple's insistance on doing the harvest alone is sympathetic or bordering Too Dumb To Live.

Time to help Pinkie. Apple is just getting worse and worse. Is it bad that I feel that Pinkie is improved by the sleep-distortions?
    Ew, sickness-inducing muffins. Eww, Spike! Does that kid eat anything?
    On another note, Twilight is getting pissed at Apple. I'd be, too, if a friend was too stupid to realize that she was in over her head - and got others hurt by it!
    Though... those ponies must be a little stupid to actually eat those muffins. Isn't "spitting out horribly-tasting food" an option?

Second confrontation between Twilight and Apple. Apple still won't accept help, surprise. Why is she so set on proving herself, anyway? Was she overlooked much as a foal?

Apple is getting horribly cranky. Y'know, I think I'm starting to decide whether this is endearing or downright unsympathetic, and my current stance is not in Apple's favor.
    On the other hand, yay Fluttershy!
    Man, those bunnies are ridiculously cute. They're really doing their best to turn Apple into some kind of sleep-deprived monster, aren't they? If they are, it's working.
    Poor, frightened bunnies.

Wait, bunny stampede?

Ha.

Hahahahha!

That's awesomely hilarious! How can a bunch of over-cute bunnies pose a threat to anyone, much less a town?! This is just... beyond funny.

Oh hey, random barbie pony soon to be squashed by... *snicker*... baby bunnies.
    Aw, see, she passes out and survives. No threat.

Bwahahaha! Passed-out ponies. "It was horrible!" Dramadramadrama.
    Aand Twilight doesn't get it either.

The high point of horror is devoured flowers? That's... so underwhelming that I'm still laughing.

Poor Fluttershy, just trying to... I can't take this seriously... save all the little flowers.

And Twilight decides that srs brsns is srs. Nearly maiming a friend, getting a dozen ponies sick... nothing. But getting all the town's flowers eaten? SHE MUST LISTEN!

Third confrontation, and Twilight tells Apple exactly why she's stupid. Hooray for Twilight!
    Ha, I like Macintosh. He's got total stoneface while he crushes his sisters victory.

Finally, Apple mans up and accepts some help. So all the ponies gather together to help harvest the -

--- holy ****, is Twilight overpowered! Why are Rainbow, Diva and Fluttershy there?! Twilight could just harvest it all in, like, seconds!

Oh yeah, and there's a moral. Something about accepting help. I'm not sure. The episode has been so subtle about it until now.

We end with a sweet moment of drinking apple drinks and refusing vile muffins. Back to sweetness.

Overall thoughts: This episode was much better than the last one. Everyone seemed to act in character, the conflict was - eventhough easily avoidable - believable. And parts of it were just so over-the-top hilarious that I can't help but love it.

My boyfriend is making fun again, but for the first time, I feel like I might gather the resolve to force him into ponydom! At least, I'm getting there!

Myyy little poooony, ahhhhh....... *sings*
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2011-02-26 at 10:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Is this the point where I should start laughing maniacally?

18. - Top - End - #978

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    My Little Ponies
    Gahhh this is bothering me more than it should, but it's Pony singular.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #979
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I have to look that up before I start making computer jokes, but apparantly, "macintosh" is both a computer and a type of... fabric.
    It's a kind of apple, too. I know it's perfectly understandable to not know that, but for some reason it bugs me.

Ponies. Watch it. Enjoy it. Couldn't bring self to buy pony merchandise. Need more Friendship is Magic. Not sure how to contribute to this thread. Only doing this so my first and likely only post here isn't a nitpicky correction.

Fullbladder out. Peace.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2011-02-26 at 10:19 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Is this the point where I should start laughing maniacally?
    If it's because of my descent into ponydom, feel free! I'm giggling maniacally over here anyway, so it'd be good to get some company

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Gahhh this is bothering me more than it should, but it's Pony singular.
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    It's a kind of apple, too. I know it's perfectly understandable to not know that, but for some reason it bugs me.
    Oh. Thanks. Guess I should've dropped the "a" when I searched

In that case, the name makes a lot more sense.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

21. - Top - End - #981

The Steam group just strong-armed the linker into doing a live streaming of ponies.

It was glorious.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, at your decent into ponydom, and also at the natural impulse to drag as many people with you as possible!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2011-02-26 at 10:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    The Steam group just strong-armed the linker into doing a live streaming of ponies.

It was glorious.
    It was ... it was ... magic.

I'd seen some clips before and knew that despite the obviously intended demographic, somehow this show would wind up appealing to me. Now I need to get get caught up on Youtube.

24. - Top - End - #984

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    It was ... it was ... magic.

I'd seen some clips before and knew that despite the obviously intended demographic, somehow this show would wind up appealing to me. Now I need to get get caught up on Youtube.
    My count of episodes seen is up to 6 now. That's not a big number.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post

Post from Laura Faust's DA Blog
    *snip*
    Please spoiler the image. It's causing the page to stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post

It was glorious.
    OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD! WHEN?! IS THIS TRUE??! :O

...<.<; Must see.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #986

Your answer pleases me. Have a picture.

Linked for size

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think I talked my best friend into watch My Little Pony.

What have I done...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

*snippit*
    I feel I should warn you about the next episode. Though it is good.

It focuses on...Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. And adds new layers to their character.

...You have been warned. That it might sway you towards them.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

Your answer pleases me. Have a picture.

Linked for size
    Forgive my outburst, but... yay.

Also, I have finally gotten to see the new episode. Fluttershy is just so incredibly wonderful, I just don't even know what to say. Not the most action packed episode ever, but definitely worth the wait. I felt really bad for Rarity...

30. - Top - End - #990
    Barbarian in the Playground

I personally think this was the weakest episode so far. As everyone has already said the two high points were of course the Sweetie Bell "Gospel Rock" singer bit, and of course Fluttershy winning the staring contest with the Cockatrice. I'm befuddled about Apple Bloom being so cavalier about the Everfree Forest she saw what the Poison Joke did and knows that even pretty flowers can be dangerous there. She also had to have experienced the Parasprite plague since it affected all of Ponyville and she probably got the whole story from Applejack at some point. But she was acting like the forest was some abstract threat that was exaggerated even though she had encountered at least two of its dangers personally already.