New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Well, depending on which side of the pond you're in...

A Brazillian Portuguese speaker might speak it as Vi-CEN-ti (little quirk of the language, some words ending in -te can sound like ti instead - as in tea).

An Italian or Spanish speaker would be more likely to read it as Vi-CEN-te (like KD posted), since both of those languages place a lot more emphasis on the semivocals (e and i).

Vincent, on the other hand:

Portuguese: VIN-cent

Spanish: VIN-cen-t

Italian: Vin-CHEN-tay

And this concludes another quirky little lesson by Kuro.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-02-14 at 09:07 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

I was approaching it from the Spanish angle, hence how I imagine it in my mind.

"Vincent" is an English name, in my mind. So I read it with the English pronunciation. *Shrugs*
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, the 'ti' thing is more of an accent Kuro. Each state has its own quirks.

That 'ti' in particular... Carioca or paulistano? Truth be told I haven't heard the voices of many people from the southern regions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #814
    Halfling in the Playground

It was my tetanus booster!!!

EDIT: I have to admit, your replies made me LOL a little bit there.
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2011-02-14 at 09:20 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but does anyone mind terribly that I just sorta slipped out of the events in Soul Society?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Orc in the Playground

Are Pico and Lalita going to wrap it up sometime soon? I have things to do!
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

I updated Sayaka's profile for the changes.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but does anyone mind terribly that I just sorta slipped out of the events in Soul Society?
    No, not really. There was no specific harm done. 'sides, Sigint could bring assorted mooks to completely surround / otherwise cut off Suzume so she's forced to fight Yuuki. Commence cavalry!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Are Pico and Lalita going to wrap it up sometime soon? I have things to do!
    Dunno. Define "sometime soon". Honestly, the scene in the void is pretty much done, but there's no saying what will happen once they get out of there.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #819
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Actually, the 'ti' thing is more of an accent Kuro. Each state has its own quirks.

That 'ti' in particular... Carioca or paulistano? Truth be told I haven't heard the voices of many people from the southern regions.
    Nope, gaúcho. Cariocas tend to say s and r sounds all slurred.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it looks like we're ready to move on with the main MW plot once more.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Orc in the Playground

Hey in the case an Espada were to die how would we go upon selecting a new on for the position? Would every Espada below the number raise up a number and then a new #10 would be selected?

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

In the case that an espada were to die without a clear succession being made. Von geister would assign a suitably powerful substitute (not necessarily someone with the actual power to hold the rank) and then let the usual ascension methods fix the issue.

An espada can't get promoted simply by the death of the hierarchical superior. The ranks don't get reasigned that way. If say... Edward were to die, the ranks underneath him would stay the same and a dummy would be assigned. The lower espada could then chalenge the dummy for his position, then be challenged themselves, until the entire structure had been reorganized so as to guarantee that the strongest arrancars were on the top positions and the not-as-strongest arrancars were in the lower ones.

You can't reap benefit out of Inaction in Las Noches, unless said benefit is merely not losing what you currently have.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-02-16 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, why thank you.

[Edit]

Oh and I'm dreadfully sorry but did my last reply seem like spam?
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2011-02-16 at 03:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, Dorizzit, it would have been nice to receive a PM ahead of time on this matter. Ruwa took Mei out in what was very likely absolute privacy. She told all of one person, and that was Von Geister. It has been all of two hours at the very most and the average citizen (or hell, even an Espada) shouldn't have known Mei's disappearance was anything more than her just going out of the city for a stroll instead of her being thrown out in the desert to die.

An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

As is, he just overheard what Ruwa told Serazel and might have been there for some other reason, or there are bugs in Mei's palace, and I highly doubt that.

Either way, without a good explanation if he's just a nameless arrancar he's about to be ground into fine dust.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-16 at 05:38 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #825
    Bugbear in the Playground

Honestly, Dorizzit, it would have been nice to receive a PM ahead of time on this matter. Ruwa took Mei out in what was very likely absolute privacy. She told all of one person, and that was Von Geister. It has been all of two hours at the very most and the average citizen shouldn't have known Mei's disappearance was anything more than her just going out of the city for a stroll instead of her being thrown out in the desert to die.

An explanation would be greatly appreciated.

As is, he just overheard what Ruwa told Serazel and might have been there for some other reason, or there are bugs in Mei's palace, and I highly doubt that.

Either way, without a good explanation if he's just a nameless arrancar he's about to be ground into fine dust.
    ...well, seems I've been missing a bunch. Stupid lack of paying attention. My fault really.

Really gotta get Ivaz active again...

And I just thought of a way Ivaz could discover her disappearance. Her and Mei were supposed to take a trip into the Mortal World at some point. I could have Ivaz go to Mei's quarters to check on her, see if they were going to leave soon.

Sound good? I don't wanna do it without running it by the parties involved first. That would be rude.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Palacio Octava]
    Exterior

"If you wanted to be stealthy, you shouldn't have used your Resurrección to do it."
    Wait, what? Is that it?

Ruwa uses her resurreccion all the time. Especially when Mei is around, for their odd fetishes. It is nothing new. We have established that her recent upgrade was not Segunda Etapa. There would be a very, very minimal difference in strength.

Sorry, but you're going to need a better reason, if that is it. I don't mean to be overly irritable, but it is a bit frustrating to not be informed for this.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #827

Wait, what? Is that it?

Ruwa uses her resurreccion all the time. Especially when Mei is around, for their odd fetishes. It is nothing new. We have established that her recent upgrade was not Segunda Etapa. There would be a very, very minimal difference in strength.

Sorry, but you're going to need a better reason, if that is it. I don't mean to be overly irritable, but it is a bit frustrating to not be informed for this.
    That was not the intended explanation, I am well aware of Ruwa's...interesting...practices, and that is not something that would set off alarms. I am about to send a PM containing significantly more detailed information.

I sincerely apologize if this has upset you; such was not my intent.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-02-16 at 06:04 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    ...well, seems I've been missing a bunch. Stupid lack of paying attention. My fault really.

Really gotta get Ivaz active again...

And I just thought of a way Ivaz could discover her disappearance. Her and Mei were supposed to take a trip into the Mortal World at some point. I could have Ivaz go to Mei's quarters to check on her, see if they were going to leave soon.

Sound good? I don't wanna do it without running it by the parties involved first. That would be rude.
    I don't mind. Serazel's no longer there anyway.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Orc in the Playground

Apology accepted, and complaint withdrawn from the OOC.

For future reference, everyone, if you aren't sure or a plot seems private, send a PM. Avoids unnecessary frustration and conflict.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #830

Thank you. I will remember that for the next time I plan to do something like this.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-02-16 at 06:13 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know whether seats in Japanese classes are assigned?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think they are, but typically, anyone who's a newcomer to class gets assigned a seat by the teacher, at least at first.

Whether that's strictly adhered to is a different question altogether, though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I don't think they are, but typically, anyone who's a newcomer to class gets assigned a seat by the teacher, at least at first.

Whether that's strictly adhered to is a different question altogether, though.
    Well it might be based on the school, or even the teachers. In my highschool we had assigned seats for certain teachers, based on the preference of said teacher.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

24. - Top - End - #834
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, if Mei and Serazel are headed to the Mortal World, would either Horngeek or Kuroi mind if Mayumi sensed them (assuming a standard timeline, of course)? Having amazing reiatsu sensing powers is one of her things, after all. She wouldn't do anything immediately because she's still watching the school while Hasunaga is out doing stuff, but it might make good drama if someone knew about the ex-Espada and her Fraccion waltzing into Phoenix Town (assuming that it is where they're heading).

And Mayumi at least would assign seats for a beginning student, though she wouldn't be opposed to people switching seats, so long as they both consented, and it wasn't just someone taking someone else's seat.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just wondering whether it would be reasonable for a seat change to occur.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I can't speak for either Hasunaga or Hibiki, but Mayumi wouldn't mind.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I'm just wondering whether it would be reasonable for a seat change to occur.
    Gasp! Are you perhaps asking because you plan on having Kina move away from Ken after seeing how shameless his behavior was recently?

I'm pretty sure a seat change request using the reason "Ugh, I hate the guts of the person next to me so much so that I'm distracted" is potentially acceptable anywhere in the world.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-17 at 01:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

That wouldn't be the reason, though.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Does anyone know whether seats in Japanese classes are assigned?
    Yes. Always we have such a seat. Because we have [Student Number] [出席番号] so always we must have assignment seat of this number.
    Of course teacher change classroom, so we never move a desk this way.

Maybe a troubling student will be moved so he won't talk to friends so much. If there is only small problem of course you must have endurance!

Most [Student Number] it is Japanese Alphabet order. Maybe all public school use this. But I have friend who was Private High School student so it was ABC order. (^^; )

Do you not have Student Number and assignment seat for high school??
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Nowhere that I've gone to school thus far has had required seats, at least. Some teachers might, but not usually for me. Mostly the kids are the ones who enforce the seating, actually. I've never really cared.