New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

All things considered, it takes great effort to go into Ressurreccion. Mei might opt not to do it to conserve her energy.

Until they get Reiatsu-concealing cloaks, doing so would be tantamount to lighting a huge flare in the sky saying "I'm here!".
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

On Michiko Plot: I thought the goal was to make pretty much all the Mortal kids (including Sora, Izumi, and Rex) band together. And perhaps lay groundwork for Michiko eventually being "part of the group". But unless there's some "band together with her or we die" fight at the end, Kaito's not trusting her.

Also, Kaito will so very much report her kidnapping ass to the police. If she didn't want to go to juvie, she shouldn't try kidnapping and intimidation to get people in line.

I mean, I can see why he'd be reluctant at first to involve the police; there's going to be a lot of spiritual power thrown around, and he might have a bit of an ego about how "we can handle this" or whatnot. But once it's over? Calls are getting made.

I guess my big question would be: is the fact that Michiko's dad is at least part of the Yakuza "known" by people? That is, people know the connection's there, but there's no legal proof just yet? If so, that's an easy "out" for Kaito saying "hell no" to her "offer".

Even if they have a "cooperative fight against danger" or something, he won't accept her being in any way the leader. At best, he'd tolerate her being in the group. You don't get to kidnap people, then get it wiped away because we all fought a Hollow or something.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Maybe her plan becomes logical based on her becoming partially illogical after her friend was killed by Elder leading her to think it's best to force the kids to join her anyway possible.
    I would like to quote this because it seems like a good central theme for Michiko to bring up/be suffering through so the kids maybe feel some empathy for her despite her actions.

I know Val would.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-24 at 08:17 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR ME.

I'm deliberately not reading anything that spoils plot for me.

Anyway, anyone got a need for Izumi/Natsuko/Mei?

Especially the first one. What do I need to do to get her ready? Apart to meet Kina.
    I won't. I avoided walkthroughs like the PLAGUE until I beat the game.

One quick thing though:
    Spoiler
    Show

GET A DJINN GUIDE. YOU WILL MISS HALF OF THE DJINN OTHERWISE.
    BECAUSE THEY HAVE POINTS OF NO RETURN.

In other news, I think Sora should go talk with Izumi. For 'childhood friends', they've spoken all of once.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    On Michiko Plot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the goal was to make pretty much all the Mortal kids (including Sora, Izumi, and Rex) band together. And perhaps lay groundwork for Michiko eventually being "part of the group". But unless there's some "band together with her or we die" fight at the end, Kaito's not trusting her.

Also, Kaito will so very much report her kidnapping ass to the police. If she didn't want to go to juvie, she shouldn't try kidnapping and intimidation to get people in line.

I mean, I can see why he'd be reluctant at first to involve the police; there's going to be a lot of spiritual power thrown around, and he might have a bit of an ego about how "we can handle this" or whatnot. But once it's over? Calls are getting made.

I guess my big question would be: is the fact that Michiko's dad is at least part of the Yakuza "known" by people? That is, people know the connection's there, but there's no legal proof just yet? If so, that's an easy "out" for Kaito saying "hell no" to her "offer".

Even if they have a "cooperative fight against danger" or something, he won't accept her being in any way the leader. At best, he'd tolerate her being in the group. You don't get to kidnap people, then get it wiped away because we all fought a Hollow or something.
    That sounds good to me. His actions will just provide content for the story. Alerting police doesn't mean she'll be booked after all.
    And yeah, it'd really be nice to know who should be aware that Michiko's family plays a leadership role in a criminal organization.
    Oh, and of course he wouldn't accept her as leader when Ken is oh-so-much better. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I would like to quote this because it seems like a good central theme for Michiko to bring up/be suffering through so the kids maybe feel some empathy for her despite her actions.

I know Val would.
    Ken will forgive her simply because he doesn't believe in free will. That doesn't mean he'll feel pity for her though.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Honestly, no one kid sticks out as good leader material. Maybe Izumi, once she gets a bit more experience? Maybe they could do a trio of leaders or something.

Anyways. Riccaru, just reminding you to please post reaction soon in Episode 6. We're kind of waiting to see what the results of Nero and Josiah's actions are.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I won't. I avoided walkthroughs like the PLAGUE until I beat the game.

One quick thing though:
    Spoiler
    Show

GET A DJINN GUIDE. YOU WILL MISS HALF OF THE DJINN OTHERWISE.
    BECAUSE THEY HAVE POINTS OF NO RETURN.

In other news, I think Sora should go talk with Izumi. For 'childhood friends', they've spoken all of once.
    I would like to second the spoilered text, because I didn't do that, and I missed about 17 of the little buggers. Stupid things.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Orc in the Playground

Psst, Kayne, Magnus is 5'2" outside of "resurreccion".

Hardly a mountain of a man. Unless it's a pun. In which case boo.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Bugbear in the Playground

Honestly, no one kid sticks out as good leader material. Maybe Izumi, once she gets a bit more experience? Maybe they could do a trio of leaders or something.
    No one kid sticks out as good leadership material. Several have useful qualities for leaders. The group doesn't need to have any official leaders; the kids more suited to leadership will take charge when it becomes necessary, and the ones more suited to following will do that.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai is best leader.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    No one kid sticks out as good leadership material. Several have useful qualities for leaders. The group doesn't need to have any official leaders; the kids more suited to leadership will take charge when it becomes necessary, and the ones more suited to following will do that.
    Well, that was kind of the direction I meant when I suggested a "group". Really, you're right. We just need to let the kids go through a few more situations, and maybe a leader, or leaders, emerge.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

Power trio dynamic? Kaito as the Spock, Ken as the McCoy, Izumi as the Kirk?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Nah, Rex would be McCoy. He's even American!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Pixie in the Playground

Psst, Kayne, Magnus is 5'2" outside of "resurreccion".

Hardly a mountain of a man. Unless it's a pun. In which case boo.
    I think that I must not have read it as carefully as I thought, because when I read "siege engine" and "816 lbs" I imagined a hulking monster of a humanoid creature. However, I shall fix my post to reflect this knowledge.

EDIT: Fix'd. And that makes sense about the stone. I can see that now, but my head put those two together and got "huge".
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-02-24 at 11:01 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    I think that I must not have read it as carefully as I thought, because when I read "siege engine" and "816 lbs" I imagined a hulking monster of a humanoid creature. However, I shall fix my post to reflect this knowledge.
    Yeah, he is just heavy because he's pretty much made of stone. XD
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Yeah, what really matters is what costumes they wear.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, what really matters is what costumes they wear.
    Kaito votes for, at most, Civvie Spandex.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaito votes for, at most, Civvie Spandex.
    Excellent, that doesn't eliminate the use of masks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    My character least resembles McCoy and most resembles Spock.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't really see Kaito doing more of a "costume" than "dark hoodie so people don't recognize him".

As for the "power trio", Kaito may be a bit more emotional than Spock, but he's the closest in terms of being a teenage version of an multidisciplinary scientist. Rex has the kind of "rough and tumble Southern gentleman" thing going on, and Izumi seems like the headstrong but caring type that Kirk typically was. Though I hope she doesn't display every characteristic of Kirk....

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

Though I hope she doesn't display every characteristic of Kirk....
    I. Just. Hope. She. Displays. One.

I loved the original series.
    Val... uh. Has her mask.
    Speaking of her, I thought of another reason Ken and Valeria might get along. She comes from Romania so Ken will logically suspect her powers may stem from her being a vampire which would be totally cool.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-25 at 12:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Orc in the Playground

Val... uh. Has her mask.

Vizards: Free Disguise Self ranks!
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Orc in the Playground

YES! Overhead double-fist slam TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!!! DO IT!!!

...*ahem* Sorry. Got carried away there.

But seriously, just one attack move, please?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Her legs are still there, they are just absolutely crushed.

...It occurs to me that arrancar resurreccion recovers wounds (), unless we've dropped that, but perhaps for the sake of plot Ruwa's petrification-crush cannot be healed by resurreccion.
    My idea has always been that while it recovers some wounds, it doesn't recover all. For example, I doubt Grimmjow would've been so pissed if could've just restored his lost arm by releasing. Likewise, Nnoitra's slashwound closed when he resurrected - but was still clearly visible.

There aren't any other good examples, as no other Arrancars got so visibly wounded before releasing.

My take with Lalita has been that his Resurreccion cauterizes and closes wounds, but doesn't do much else - which is why he was nursing a broken arm even after releasing.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't really see Kaito doing more of a "costume" than "dark hoodie so people don't recognize him".

As for the "power trio", Kaito may be a bit more emotional than Spock, but he's the closest in terms of being a teenage version of an multidisciplinary scientist. Rex has the kind of "rough and tumble Southern gentleman" thing going on, and Izumi seems like the headstrong but caring type that Kirk typically was. Though I hope she doesn't display every characteristic of Kirk....
    Yeah, I can see Rex fitting that. He'd do his best to be a good leader; after all, his parents raised him to take responsibility for others.

EDIT: Also, if there's no objections to Cha-Cha's current revision by tomorrow evening, I'll post her to the archive.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-02-25 at 01:18 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Funnily enough, on the Large Hamdom of Kirk, I keep making plans to introduce the rest of Izumi's family.

With her brother being a lot like the Anime Tenchou of Lucky Star.

That said, I'll probably insert at least one Large Ham moment for her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

So, anything holding up the Michiko plot now? I'm not trying to be pushy, I honestly wonder what more is left to take care of. We have confirmed multiple characters would reject Michiko's offer, especially if they had heard of her family's criminal relations. Characters that don't initially reject could be persuaded to do so by seeing others refuse her. It's been suggested the action happens after a timeskip of a few days. It seems like we just need to set the scenes up and play the events out. Questions can be addressed as they arise.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-25 at 04:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

nc, you need to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The similarities are creeping me out. (Someone with a name starting in K, interests in three girls, one named Sayaka and another with a name starting in K...)

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    nc, you need to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The similarities are creeping me out. (Someone with a name starting in K, interests in three girls, one named Sayaka and another with a name starting in K...)
    I am. I've watched all the episodes including the latest one.
    I love the teacher with dating/boyfriend problems. Oh and the totally awesome glass classrooms and diagonal chair back supports.
    Plus bad Shaft animation is finally being used appropriately to depict horrifying scenes as it itself is terrifying.

Ken is no Kyōsuke. He wouldn't be a jerk if someone was religiously devoted to him and visiting him everyday while he mopes in a hospital bed.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-25 at 08:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Ken is no Kyōsuke. He wouldn't be a jerk if someone was religiously devoted to him and visiting him everyday while he mopes in a hospital bed.
    Not the "K" I meant. The other counterpart to this character is played by someone here with a username starting in K. By which I mean Denden.

Code:

<\___/>
      ,// ‿‿ \\,
     [#/"-___-"\#] _   
      ¯'  | |  /¯ \  
         /   \ _'   -'
         |   |/ _-'¯
        /\| |/\/
        ["^_^"]
         ¯¯ ¯¯
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-02-25 at 09:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Orc in the Playground

*looks at KnightDisciple and nothingclever*

*lightly karate-chops both of them on the head*

*puts on a top-hat and walks away*
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.