New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

...That plan is almost impossible to execute currently assuming 10th should be involved, since it is spread so thin that it basically just can't participate, and unless that message is being distributed via loudspeakers, there's pretty much no way it's getting passed on to the important members of 10th.

I guess if somehow a person finds every group of 10th that's already been sent out on patrol and modifies orders to do what they've already pretty much been doing, they could be involved, but that seems unnecessary.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    ...That plan is almost impossible to execute currently assuming 10th should be involved, since it is spread so thin that it basically just can't participate, and unless that message is being distributed via loudspeakers, there's pretty much no way it's getting passed on to the important members of 10th.

I guess if somehow a person finds every group of 10th that's already been sent out on patrol and modifies orders to do what they've already pretty much been doing, they could be involved, but that seems unnecessary.
    The assumption here is "do the best you can at this". There are 13 Divisions; if 10th is already doing this work, fair enough.

Also, don't they have phones and the ability to receive Hell Butterflies? Can't that be used to coordinate them?

Keep in mind, Masaru asked every Division to fully mobilize; this includes 5th, which gives us communications options.

...This assumes the other Captains actually bother to listen to the strategy cooked up by the guy who's paid to do this. They could always ignore him, I guess. Or something.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

The organization of Hell Butterflies sent to a ton of different people is, I imagine, not something easily done. Also, I thought the phones thing was a purely Mortal World concept (I mean, they have the butterflies that perform the same function, and the world is supposed to represent Edo Japan) but okay, honestly wasn't aware that everyone was supposed to have those.

In any case, since 10th is sort of already doing the whole "patrol" thing, nothing is really changing with 10th in that regard. Taiki didn't completely ignore it, but there's very little usefulness in me having Taiki tell everyone "Hey, Plan CS15N5 in effect, keep on doing what you're doing," since everyone who would be told is played by me.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*Sighs* First, no reason not to use both phones and butterflies. It's a nice way to show the weird duality of the setting (though I personally favor the idea that phones are being phased in, and it's just that there are older factions resisting getting rid of butterflies, but I digress).

Second...There's this little thing called coordination. The whole point of the plan is for everyone to work together, so that everyone is sure we've covered areas. If each Division is doing their own thing, that means there's a much bigger chance huge areas are left un-patrolled. The point behind this is for 10th to link up with people from, most likely, 8th and 5th for tactics/details of the plan, and communications, respectively.

I kept things vague on purpose; you could just say "10th Division members slow their routes long enough to hook up and coordinate with members from a couple of other key divisions" or some such.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Well, having phones makes some of the earlier scenes I wrote kinda strange. Also doesn't explain why Masaru didn't just call his order in instead of Butterflying it.

In any case, 10th will coordinate with anyone who tells them to coordinate. Each patrol has a communications guy who can receive messages from 5th (or 8th for that matter), so at this point as long as they're told that operations are being coordinated they're pretty much on board already and Taiki doesn't have to do much more than tell people to follow the plan. Right?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, having phones makes some of the earlier scenes I wrote kinda strange. Also doesn't explain why Masaru didn't just call his order in instead of Butterflying it.

In any case, 10th will coordinate with anyone who tells them to coordinate. Each patrol has a communications guy who can receive messages from 5th (or 8th for that matter), so at this point as long as they're told that operations are being coordinated they're pretty much on board already and Taiki doesn't have to do much more than tell people to follow the plan. Right?
    He did call the 8th via phone.

He sent butterflies to the Captains because he figures not all of them have their phones with them or whatnot, but all of them can take Butterflies.

Butterflies are slower, but they don't require the receiver have a specific device to, well, receive.

EDIT: That sounds fine. I'm mostly making sure you're aware they're being/will be contacted and coordinated with/kind of ordered around, instead of just running around on their own.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-01-19 at 12:01 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty then. That works for me, I was just wondering.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I realize now that Taiki is probably mentally preoccupied at this particular moment, so any complicated orders are probably beyond the realms of his focus at this point.

I imagine at the very least the Execution Squads should get the message if Masaru has passed it on to his own division, as (I assume) from there it would be passed on to any currently active patrols, as there are currently quite a few patrols already active even discounting 10th. Once any of the Execution Squad got the message, they'd transmit to the others and at that point Taiki's absence would basically make the Execution Squads the head of 10th and they'd organize the patrols in such a way that everything works out dandy.

Does that work out? Again, sorry if I made things sound like "yeah I'm not doing this." I'm all for solutions, though at this point I'm believing that Taiki's probably not involved in any of them.

This is the moment where 10th having an active VC would solve these issues immediately...*sigh*

Edit: Yeah, sure. If what's in this post works out, that actually fits perfectly into the plot, since it means 10th will shortly be figuring out that it's missing some members...
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-01-19 at 12:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of coordination, Sigint is trying to get the word out to get everybody working with each other. If for no other reason than to make sure that everyone is on board with making sure that Soul Society is free from tyranny and opression and all that bad stuff.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    That said, this is a details-lite plan. The point is "Masaru, the centuries-old Captain of the Strategy Division mad this plan, so it's darn good". It's not an instant-win button, but things just got tough for Kujo's crew.
    Suzume and Naraku have already been detected and hace Captain-class adversaries going afteir their heads, Jenny's party was already intercepted and Kujo is willingly walking into highest-security detainment facility in Seireitei. Things have been tough for them for quite a while already. XD

The only one who hasn't got it rough is Eriku, who is elusive because Edge is elusive.

About Seireitei communications: Shinigami have at least three distinct ways of long-distance communication: Reiphones, Butterflies and Kido akin to Tenteikura.

I don't think any single method could be used to cover all of Seireitei - mobilizing multiple division means getting word to hundreds, if not thousands of people. Someone needs to recite the messages to the butterflies; someone has to forward the word to all those with Reiphones; and castings of Tenteikura can't be too wide-spread, or they'd cause more chaos than they'd be worth.

It'll take a whole lot of time for everyone to receive the messages and for so many people to get in position.

As a tangent, I don't think every Shinigami has Reiphones; they strike me as too high-priority tech to be handed around like candy. I'd imagine they'd normally be reserved mostly to those Squads who move outside Soul Society, because real-time communication can be a matter of life and death to them. (Of course, this is not a normal situation, so they might be spreading around now.) Mostly, I think they'd be given to squad leaders, Captains and other folks who're really going to need them.

PS:
    It's also a distinct possibility that Taiki (and others, for that matter) is technically in possession of a phone, but does not have it with him for whatever reason. The invasion struck at the middle of day; it's not like officers in real life carry radio phones with them all the time while in a garrison.

Or it might have a dead battery.

PPS: Natsuko is of course excused by being a recent mother - she was in the hospital still. It's not like she was supposed to be fighting in the first place. XD
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Fair. I have a bit of an unusual style, though... would you like to come along some time?

And yes, there's a swimming team too, an athletics team... and there's the Kyujutsu club."
    Maybe it was not seen for strawberryman and horngeek: Clubs

It also seems difficult to find a place to play Sayaka now. Kazari is to help in Michiko plot maybe soon. But also I am confused about time in Mortal World. Is it possible soon all of the different times will become one again?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Thank you, Kasanip.

Actually, I'm a bit confused myself, but I assumed we'd timeskipped to the next day or something. At least, since strawberry did so, I did the same with Izumi.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasanip: I'm not sure when the scene with Kina, Kazari and Michiko is taking place; it's either "last evening" or "next evening" compared to where other characters are now.

Everyone else seems to be at morning of Day 2, though. If you want Sayaka to be somewhere, you might have her appear at the school and meet somebody in the hallways.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Time for Magatsu to once again delegate organizing 3rd Division to poor young Daisuke. Wait. Daisuke's otherwise involved at the moment.

But... that means... I have to actually do the boring administration part of my job?

Yes, Magatsu, it does. Probably. And it'll only get worse once you're Captain.

Can't I just make a 4th seat do it?

Stop whining. You already got to blow up an arrancar. Also, these seem relevant given recent developments.

In any case, Rex will probably put in an appearance checking in on Izumi before heading on up to be all by his lonesome in 3-2.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-01-19 at 07:21 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@ tgva and FF: The whole point is actually "trickle-down communications". Rather than the 8th trying to talk to everyone in a division, they leave it to the leadership of said divisions to spread the word further down the chain. In a situation like Taiki's, they'll likely seek out the next-closest officers and coordinate with them.

This also lets each Division work with 8th to organize as befits their own talents and such.

EDIT: Incidentally, even in writing, the plan is the "Charybdis-Scylla" plan. It's a reference to ancient Greek myth.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-01-19 at 07:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

^ Yes, that's exactly what I'm imagining. I'm merely noting that it'll take some time before the messages have trickled down to the lowest level.

@tgva & Kuroimaken: Feel free to skip ahead to something happening.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Aaaaaaaand this is the point at which Soushi backstabs Kujo. Reliably.

There should still be a reasonable amount of time for him to get there and locate an entry point from which to unleash hell, but he won't get too far in that regard.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

He's being impatient, in my opinion, for reasons Kujo already said. But hey, Soushi's problem, not mine.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Well, for him, this is all a matter of finishing things quickly. The sooner Kujo is out of the picture, the better for Soushi.

Can't very well hang around with Damocles' Sword above his head.

@KD: Charybdis I get, but isn't Scylla supposed to have 7 heads instead of 13?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

quick question:

would a big communications plan concerning a Seretei threat not immediately enact some kind of "immediate lock down" of the Maggot's Nest or something?

Same could be said for the Central 46 Chambers etc. i would think. I dont know who is assigned to such duties or what those procedures might entail, but i would think high security places would become even higher security after a big scary Seretei thing going down

PS:(TGVA) Well ya could have had a Sumo 3rd Seat guy for the 10th i had him pretty much ready to go...but got sidetracked by a few things...i think the only thing he needed some slight work on was his name, and just a little bit of his powers...i remember you wanted a detailed reason as to why he would be in the 10th, but that honestly confused me since i kind of described that in his character submission...regardless..he is about ready to go if you want me to get back on him if you need an officer of the 10th for some storyline stuff

PSS: (TGVA) Also, remember that the 9th Division is on patrol in the Seretei as well, assisting the 10th Division...if you need them to come across something or get them communications (9th would have reiphones and are used to being constantly in communication as they are constantly on recon duties)...they are basically just assisting and observing and reporting and not fighting...with the new orders they will probably fall back and follow the 8th Division search guidelines unless other recon is needed outside Soul Society. Basically, if you need nameless Shinigami to convey a plot point or move something forward for the 10th, i have the 9th already out and at your disposal.

PSSS...(FF and TGVA and anyone else really) i like the new avatars

PSSSS...(<----i know..lame)i had posted Hirokatsu's Bankai changes about a week ago or so and got no responses...i would appreciate some input or i will go ahead with it and add it in as ready to go when/if Hirokatsu is able to use Bankai per his rank or whatever...thanks everyone
    Alrighty then. That works for me, I was just wondering.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I realize now that Taiki is probably mentally preoccupied at this particular moment, so any complicated orders are probably beyond the realms of his focus at this point.

I imagine at the very least the Execution Squads should get the message if Masaru has passed it on to his own division, as (I assume) from there it would be passed on to any currently active patrols, as there are currently quite a few patrols already active even discounting 10th. Once any of the Execution Squad got the message, they'd transmit to the others and at that point Taiki's absence would basically make the Execution Squads the head of 10th and they'd organize the patrols in such a way that everything works out dandy.

Does that work out? Again, sorry if I made things sound like "yeah I'm not doing this." I'm all for solutions, though at this point I'm believing that Taiki's probably not involved in any of them.

This is the moment where 10th having an active VC would solve these issues immediately...*sigh*

Edit: Yeah, sure. If what's in this post works out, that actually fits perfectly into the plot, since it means 10th will shortly be figuring out that it's missing some members...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Not really. The immediate threat was in Rukongai and a single attacker was spotted within Seireitei itself. The location (and existence?) of the Maggot's Nest is secret to A LOT of people in the continuity of this game, so it doesn't require a lockdown if people are not supposed to know where it is.

Besides, it's a prison. They probably have their own lockdown procedures.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

true...but the severity of the single intruder within the Seretei seems to be so important that the Cpt General issue at least 3 Divisions to deal with, therefore it seems a Seretei threat IMO.

I am not saying anyone else needs to know about the Maggot's Nest place or whatever. What i am saying is that undoubtedly whoever works there and whoever is in the "know", might have extra precautions when conerning a Seretei threat...

i am not saying it has no defenses already or that they arent really good, only that in case of a threat to the Seretei (if it is indeed within the Seretei, but even if it is not the attack on the Rukongai seems prudent enough a reason), that it would go into an even more high state of lockdown or protection.

I work at a major Art Museum and we have special security procedures that go into effect to protect our artwork in case of various situations. In fact we are required to have such procedures by Homeland Security. Some are things like:

In case of internal or external security breach or criminal action (or even suspicion of such..and i am not kidding, and being purposely vague)

- no one can enter or exit the building without security escort
    - all personnel must be accounted for and reported to security (even those out sick or working outside the building)
    - no one can park within (i think) 100 yards of any entrance or exit and all vehicles are checked by security
    - a security and registraral check of all artwork on exhibit as well as a check of storage
    - the internet is basically turned off if i remember correctly
    - security also will review video and sensors (we have various types of sensors in certain places to protect and monitor some artwork)
    - additional security will be called in as well as police

I am not saying all this shoudl be done in our setting, but these are just a few of the basic protocols for protecting artwork...i can only imagine security in prisons when suspicion of escape or other security breaches go into effect

If the Maggot's NEst is maximum Security to the N'th power, then it is already amazing...but even then...i can only imagine what extra features they may have in case of emergency or potential security breaches

maybe they dont though...i dunno...maybe nothing changes...i only wanted to bring up the question

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Not really. The immediate threat was in Rukongai and a single attacker was spotted within Seireitei itself. The location (and existence?) of the Maggot's Nest is secret to A LOT of people in the continuity of this game, so it doesn't require a lockdown if people are not supposed to know where it is.

Besides, it's a prison. They probably have their own lockdown procedures.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, up until Ryouichi ordered the search, the divisions were basically defending attacked positions throughout Seireitei and Rukongai. It was only AFTER Kujo was pointed out to be in Soul Society that the massive search started.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground

right...i am not arguing about that... he issued an order and Masaru just sent out a bunch Hell Butterflies right?

I am not talking about what happened in the past..if these new communications would get to the Maggot's Nest, then i am saying there may be different security protocols is all, both about entrance and internally due to a Seretei threat being seemingly issued (and thus acted on and communicated by the 8th Cpt)

I am confused now, i dont know why you said that...

I am not arguing or anything...i just was thinking (based on personal knowledge of security changes where i work when threats occur) that security is not constant

If people are going to this place (however they know) or people are already inside this place (however they came to be there) then IMO things have a good probability of being different based on the new information now sent out

I am not trying to foul up RP or anything...i am just thinking out loud about the situation...i just like everyone else here wants things to be as "accurate" as they can be to making sense... maybe i am entirely wrong based on what goes on in this case within this universe..i dont deny that...but i felt i should bring up what i thought as it may have something to add

Actually, up until Ryouichi ordered the search, the divisions were basically defending attacked positions throughout Seireitei and Rukongai. It was only AFTER Kujo was pointed out to be in Soul Society that the massive search started.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Part of the reason that anti-invasion security protocols in the Maggot's Nest are not up right now is because part of the whole point of the invasion is to let 'em open; this was actually previously discussed.

Besides which the Nest is under Taiki's control. If he doesn't say the word, their protocols don't change. Granted, that's as far as outside interference from Seireitei itself goes - if there's a breach, obviously things will change.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

I understand that...all i am saying is that from personal experience internal and external measures change once emergency threats occur...

a diversion makes sense to pry eyes away from the Seretei as to not induce emergency measures..i get that..but once the new information is shared which include new threats things may change and it doesnt seem likely (IMO) that security measures would stay the same

it doesnt have to work that way here and i know Taiki is in charge of it all

just IMO if people are gonna be getting inside it might be prudent to RP that they got in before special measures were enacted (if there are any) and while inside they may have to deal with other special measures (if there are any)

in fact maybe the extra security measures would be a "Way In" if need be...this all doesnt have to be (nor am i stating it to make it so) an RP inconvenience

all i am saying is that new conditions cause for new measures in high security places in my personal experience..

again..it doesnt have to happen that way here i am just asking the questions as i have some personal experience that may be able to add to the RP

and just to be clear...i am not "Arguing" about anything...just talking or debating at its extreme

Part of the reason that anti-invasion security protocols in the Maggot's Nest are not up right now is because part of the whole point of the invasion is to let 'em open; this was actually previously discussed.

Besides which the Nest is under Taiki's control. If he doesn't say the word, their protocols don't change. Granted, that's as far as outside interference from Seireitei itself goes - if there's a breach, obviously things will change.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

I believe FF actually posted something to the effect of "Kujo and Soushi snuck around just barely avoiding patrols". So that part should be covered.

I understand where you're coming from, it's no trouble at all. Just saying that's taken care of.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

no problem...just trying to help

I believe FF actually posted something to the effect of "Kujo and Soushi snuck around just barely avoiding patrols". So that part should be covered.

I understand where you're coming from, it's no trouble at all. Just saying that's taken care of.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    About Seireitei communications: Shinigami have at least three distinct ways of long-distance communication: Reiphones, Butterflies and Kido akin to Tenteikura.
    You forgot one, the actual members of 5th Division trained as runners (And other things...)

I don't think any single method could be used to cover all of Seireitei - mobilizing multiple division means getting word to hundreds, if not thousands of people. Someone needs to recite the messages to the butterflies; someone has to forward the word to all those with Reiphones; and castings of Tenteikura can't be too wide-spread, or they'd cause more chaos than they'd be worth.
    Not by themselves no, that's why in case of an emergency there are emergency protocols that 5th Division is to follow for the purpose of passing messages. See below.

It'll take a whole lot of time for everyone to receive the messages and for so many people to get in position.
    Less time then you think for the messages to get out, but yeah still some time. Actual messengers would be dispatched to those meant to receive a message within the 'Inner Seireitei', a set distance around the 5th Division where a messenger could be reliably sent in a fast amount of time. Hell Butterflies are sent to the middle distance ('Outer Seireitei' and 'Inner Rukon' respectfully) since they can travel at a fair clip and are small/not easy targets. This is where passing messages would actually slow down the most since the butterflies simply aren't as fast as shinigami or Kido spells. Then there's the outer distance ('Far Rukon') where the fastest/most powerful 5th Division shinigami are dispatched to carry messages. They are sent out to the Far Rukon for the simple reason that they are picked for this duty because of their speed, kido ability (specifically Tenteikura and the one to find people), and because they've received special training on how to react to Tenteikura messages in chaotic situations. Or to put it another way, how to not let telepathic messages distract them in the possible heat of combat. Thus they sorta act like mobile radio stations. They are sent the Tenteikura messages meant for the people the messages are actually meant for and relay it, while being capable of sending Tenteikura messages back to the 'operating room' where all these messages are being organized and being sent out by way of the proper carrier.

...Course, that sorta plan is for an actual invasion that encompasses the Seireitei itself and a fair portion of the Rukon, not a...terrorist strike that's already been half-repelled and has severely limited forces remaining among it's numbers. In a situation like this you're basically just getting the same deal as the Far Rukon would get in the actual invasion plan just with more then just the best courtiers at 5th Division's disposal.

As a tangent, I don't think every Shinigami has Reiphones; they strike me as too high-priority tech to be handed around like candy. I'd imagine they'd normally be reserved mostly to those Squads who move outside Soul Society, because real-time communication can be a matter of life and death to them. (Of course, this is not a normal situation, so they might be spreading around now.) Mostly, I think they'd be given to squad leaders, Captains and other folks who're really going to need them.
    They don't. Reiphones are strictly for the mortal world shinigami because they never struck me as entirely reliable for use within the Seireitei itself. They are, after all, made of reishi like EVERYTHING in the afterlife is and I imagine the signals they produce would also be reishi-based and thus blocked/distorted by the walls the Seireitei uses for defense. At least that's how I imagined it because that's why I said back when I made Osamu that he's working on ways to improve the Reiphone network so that it's more reliable.

That, and if they did work in the shinigami world reliably then they'd require massive cellphone towers if they worked anyway like normal cellphones, which might as well slap a massive sign on them that says 'Hey, look at me! If I'm destroyed then you bust up your enemy's communication lines! Weeeee!' So until it's improved Reiphones are strictly the purview of shinigami looking over the mortal world since they need instant (or close to it) communication to be able to catch hollows and request back-up and the equipment to send Reiphone signals to the mortal world can fit squarely within 5th Division's headquarters where it's well protected.

And thus ends this episode of 'Learn about your workplace, Seireitei Edition!'
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

I think there are some telephone towers... or whatever the transdimensional equivalent happens to be, to create the network used for MW operations.

As for the wall disrupting Reiphones, I'm not so sure. The barrier created by it obviously lets light pass, so I'd imagine radio waves would get through as well. Of course, since Soul Society is huge and Rukongai is near-medieval for large parts, coverage would be piss-poor.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

I think there are some telephone towers... or whatever the transdimensional equivalent happens to be, to create the network used for MW operations.
    Right, but those would be built within the bounds of 5th Division headquarters (and a back-up at Castle Ryuunosuke).
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."