New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 65

1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 65

To HALO!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

[Crash Site-Spectre Interior]

How powerful is that supposed to be, exactly? 'cause if it animates every corpse on the ship...that's pretty damn powerful.

That said, the zombies likely don't pose much danger to the Spec Ops soldiers, who all cloak and move to pursue Thrid through the ship, knowing the ship's original layout themselves. The Empire did keep that information after the ship was stolen, after all.

The two Heavies...well. They're going to just carve their way through after the Spec Ops soldiers with a superheated sword and a heavy rapid-fire blaster. Both of those are more than a match for ISF-level armor, and the cyborgs likely won't be very effective, with their cybernetics disabled and not reactivated with their biological portions.

[Crash Site-Outside]

The Spec Ops soldier and Heavy out here, having been ignored, are informed of goings-on inside the Spectre and move to the area where Thrid is expected to exit the ship.

The two gunships also hover around that area.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Crash Site

(outside)

The drone keeps trying to warn Sarah away. It doesn't warn the imperials away, as Mainframe figures they can take care of themselves. If any stray fire goes her way, the drone will try to intercept it to protect her.

(inside)

Sunny finishes the shut down sequence, and the ship powers down and goes dark. Caretaker lights itself up, and Sunny starts to carefully make her way out.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #394
    Halfling in the Playground

Crash Site

Sunny, unless someone else bothers her first, might run into Sarah on her way out. The little girl doesn't even pay attention as she wanders around inside the ship, just looking about with an aloof curiousity.

Unfortunately, I gotta deadtime for about an hour.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

[Crash site]

Chris goes near the crash site as well, seeing the girl who was trying to go inside anyways. He leaps over the drone and tries to grab the girl. "Hey now! It's right. We've gotta get out of here, let these people do their job."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira starts carefully making her way through the ship, searching for survivors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site-Spectre Interior]

Ah, okay. Let's say nearest twenty. And they aren't particularly powerful undead.

Thrid has one thing going for him here. He doesn't have to stick to the ship's hallways and rooms and somesuch. Every so often he will smash through a wall and reseal it to hopefully throw off the pursuit a bit.

"Blasted kids don't know ow to respect deir elders." he says as he runs a lot faster than a dwarf should be able to. His mechanical arm probably hints at why.

"This otta slow em." He traces another rune in the air and summons a spirit for each of his pursuers. They will attempt to possess the imperials' armour and render them immobile.

And thankfully he can see just fine in the dark when the lights go out a moment later.

8. - Top - End - #398

Crash Site

Sarah eeps, startled as she's snatched up. She struggles and squrims a bit, obviously annoyed. "Hey! C'mooon. I can't get hurt." She looks at him. "And who are you to grab me anyway? Let me go, before I tell my dad and his friends." She doesn't seem all that threatening, to be frank.

Though her dad's friend does.

As in, the hulking beast called Orich. Chris might suddenly hear something hit the ground behind him with a thunderous crash.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Crash Site

Sunny, unless someone else bothers her first, might run into Sarah on her way out. The little girl doesn't even pay attention as she wanders around inside the ship, just looking about with an aloof curiousity.

Unfortunately, I gotta deadtime for about an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira starts carefully making her way through the ship, searching for survivors.
    I'm not sure anyone can actually get into the wreck now without going past the Imperials.

The crashing through walls thing is enough to make Sunny think again about taking the slow way out. She retraces her steps back to the reactor core, and has Mainframe try to open her a telewarp portal.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hey, RPG? Don't you think that's all a bit...I don't know, excessive? First, he's smashing through walls of a ship meant to take the occasional missile, then he revives a horde of undead even as he reseals all his holes, and now he's summoning spirits to possess his pursuers that he doesn't even know are actually following him?

As I said, it seems excessive)

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crissellea arrives on GLoG wearing a bright yellow dress. She moves among the cabins seeming to be looking for something or someone.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well I figured the inside walls would be a lot weaker, since you don't want them to be too heavy. I'm sure I mentioned that the zombies were not trying to attack them, but I guess I didn't, my bad. They're just trying to slow them down. And the possessing is just to stop their armour from moving for a while. Basically he is just trying to get out without hurting anyone.

I'll let DC make the call on if it's too much though.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-01-11 at 10:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

((It does seem to be a bit much, considering the undead, the fact that Thrid already has a speed advantage due to being able to move in a straight line, and the fact that said straight-line routes get sealed automatically.))

So the pursuit continues, I guess.

There's still a Heavy and a Spec Ops soldier near Thrid's expected exit point, though. Also the gunships.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Crash Site

Sarah eeps, startled as she's snatched up. She struggles and squrims a bit, obviously annoyed. "Hey! C'mooon. I can't get hurt." She looks at him. "And who are you to grab me anyway? Let me go, before I tell my dad and his friends." She doesn't seem all that threatening, to be frank.

Though her dad's friend does.

As in, the hulking beast called Orich. Chris might suddenly hear something hit the ground behind him with a thunderous crash.
    "Well, they don't know that! It's no time to roll the dice there. Now come on."

Chris tries to pull her away from the crash site, before noticing the crash. He then looks over his shoulder, obviously a bit worried at what might be behind him.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

((Well I guess, but it is five vs one and Thrid is a pretty powerful guy. Besides, it's not like I'm sending him in to steal something important or kill someone. Literally all he grabbed was scrap metal and wires. >.>

He's definitely not the type to tangle with the Empire on a regular basis in any case. Oh and the spirits are called off if that makes it better.))

'Whata ya mean ya can't get ta them?" Thrid demands the thin air by the looks of things. "Bah useless." He's still running and unless he is stopped beforehand, he will arrive at the expected exit point.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Sunny's Workshop

Sunny arrives back in her workshop.

Meanwhile, Mainframe tries to radio the Imperials.

This is Mainframe of GLoG. GLoG member Sunny Evans has shut down the fusion reaction, but I am unable to keep the crash site evacuated. Please make arrangements to remove the fusion core before member safety is compromised.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeming to not be able to find what she was looking for Crissellea sighs and heads towards the infirmary.

-Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

[Crash Site]

((The Imperials don't know he only has scrap metal and wires. ))

He'll probably arrive, then. The Imperials may know the ship, but the standard paths are blocked in places (though the Heavies can clear some obstructions via power armor-enhanced strength).

Assuming he exits in the same way as usual, he'll find himself faced with the IA Spec Ops and Heavy soldiers remaining outside, gunships shining spotlights on him. "You're surrounded. Drop everything you took and we might let you go."

Mainframe doesn't get a reply. Mainly because the Imperials here are rather busy dealing with looters.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

[Crash Site]

Only one thing to do know. "FAMILICIDE!"

"Ha ha, dat was a good chase. Get de old eart a thumpin." he laughs. Ignore that his heart hasn't beat in a few centuries.

He slings the bag off his back and starts pulling out assorted scrap metal and wires. "You youngins sure know ow ta move, dat's fer sure. Still don know why you wan all dis junk anyway."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike, meanwhile, undeadtimes, and...takes in the fact the ship is now a beehive of activity and swarming with Imperials.

"...well. Looks like this is all covered, then..."

She then approaches, intending to join Zamira in searching; the Imperials, of course, might take note of this.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crissellea is in the infirmary seeming to be just doing nothing. She seems to be slightly sad.

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #412

Crash Site

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "Well, they don't know that! It's no time to roll the dice there. Now come on."

Chris tries to pull her away from the crash site, before noticing the crash. He then looks over his shoulder, obviously a bit worried at what might be behind him.
    Sarah gets pulled away, but she still squirms a bit. She seems disappointed that there wasn't any exploring.

And then the crash happens. Sarah's eyes go wide again.

Behind him is an eight foot, bulky semi-humanoid in leather pants, the tightly stretched clothing patched in places with moving machinery. The upper body is a chitinous, muscly mass, and from it at odd angles extend four scythed arms.

The creature's four eyes search the pair, and it rumbles disconcertingly, "Leave her be."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-01-11 at 11:30 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    Crissellea is in the infirmary seeming to be just doing nothing. She seems to be slightly sad.
    And here comes Quinn, drying her hands, and spotting Crissellea.
    "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were here...what's wrong?" she starts to apologise, then asks, noticing the other woman's expression.

----

[Crash Site]

...of course, it's quite possible the Solar Exalted spots the confrontation(?) and gets diverted...
    ((Up to you, Inyu, Murkus))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Crash Site

Sarah gets pulled away, but she still squirms a bit. She seems disappointed that there wasn't any exploring.

And then the crash happens. Sarah's eyes go wide again.

Behind him is an eight foot, bulky semi-humanoid in leather pants, the tightly stretched clothing patched in places with moving machinery. The upper body is a chitinous, muscly mass, and from it at odd angles extend four scythed arms.

The creature's four eyes search the pair, and it rumbles disconcertingly, "Leave her be."

Chris quirks an eyebrow at the creature...yep, he's actually not that scared of the creature.

"Look. I can explain. All I was trying to do was get her away from the officials so that she wouldn't be interrupting anything. I am not harassing her, nor do I have any intention to. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised you approve of this. And yes, you can quote me on that."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Crissellea perks up and looks at Quinn. " Oh, nothing nothing. Just checking in on my investments and yeah... Umm... you wouldn't happen to know somebody by the name of Neon Knight would you? " The sickly female asks.

-Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #416
    Orc in the Playground

[Crash Site]

"Just keep unloading it." The Spec Ops soldier speaking doesn't give the reason. It's probably related to the fact that they don't know all he has is scrap and the fact that the Empire doesn't want the wrong people getting a hold of anything...dangerous.

Like that fusion reactor.

Or remnants of the cloaking system.

Or the weapons.

Or the cybernetics technology.

Meanwhile, the main Imperial group, freed from their pursuit of Thrid, heads to Zamira. The Heavy with the oversized sword speaks. "It looks like there was a battle aboard even before this thing crashed. Everyone aboard's probably dead...so you should leave."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"...can't say that I do, although the name sounds like it should be familiar," Quinn says, stepping over with a smile. "Can I get you any tea? Coffee?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #418

((I don't mind.))

Crash Site

The creature is dumbfounded. It clearly didn't expect such a logical response. Then, slowly, it replies with far less confidence. "Her... her safety is not your business. Release her arm, please." It takes a mountainous step forward. Not aggressively, just approaching.

Sarah is watching the two with wide, interested eyes.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-01-11 at 11:44 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Crissellea deflates a little at the answer to her question. " Oh, okay then... umm... Mint if you have it... "

-Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Claire asks Mikani Wanna go t-t-to my b-b-b-bakery?
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2011-01-11 at 11:43 PM.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave