New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Tomb of Horrors

Spoiler
    Show

Heh sorry for making you work more Oasis :D

I know its a pain with all those traps and its difficult cause not everyone was involved in everything. I suggest you do it like I did in an excel.

Write our names and then go back page by page (its not that much if you are just scanning through) and put a CR every time this person met something (or even better write the name). Then simply check "who has been involved in spiked pits and how many of them - players x,y,z,r. Then divide and multiply.

It doesnt have to be 110% exact and in the end we dont have that many actives so I would give actives more XP as well :D.

I doubt we go up a level but that four armed gargoyle seemed tough and the constant traps with such high DC poisons and damage thresholds should give us quite a bit :D
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It doesnt have to be 110% exact and in the end we dont have that many actives so I would give actives more XP as well :D.
    Exactly my line of thought.
    Alright, beginning calculations... When was the last time I awarded XP? =P

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

((Holy crap! 3 new pages since I checked last night! You guys are insane...

Also, I read that Snake and Bob stepped through the archway, taking 2d10+something damage, but after that I didn't see any updates about where we are.

How much damage did we actually take?))

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Snake and Bob are teleported to the Hall of Giant Spheres!
    They land in an untidy pile, and groan with the pain.
    The damage was 2d10+4

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

((In my experience the DM usually rolls player damage, but okay...

(2d10+4)[20] ))

Snake picks himself up and looks around. "Where are we?" he wonders to Bob.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alter Self into Grinx
    Monodominant...
    What on earth is a grinx?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I like to put the dice in the player's hands sometimes...
    Ermanti hasn't been posting in a long time... To be honest, I was looking forward to seeing what this "Expert" would bring to the table. And I have to admit, I don't think I've ever been more diasappointed.
    I'm going to roleplay Bob...
    Bob groans as he stretches his limbs, "I don't know-there are more murals though... Hey, there's Welby!"
    He stands a little shakily and cups his mouth with his hands, "Welby! Were is everybody? WELBY!"

Spoiler
    Show

Snake and Bob landed where Jake is shown on this map, but the current situation look more like...

Tyrael, do I have to repost the description of the Great Hall of Spheres? Or have you got it from reading through?

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

((Nope, I found the original post describing the spheres.))

Snake wanders along suspiciously until he comes to the pile of debris blocking the opening to the west. He pokes his head inside cautiously and looks around.

((Investigating the wizardly workroom))

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Xp for Quin? Never.

And yeah Quin suspected that.... he only wanted one trap at a time...... dunno how this ones going to work. Probably go for divine favor r2 and then go to work with the spear. (deals damage to constructs)

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The charred remains of the wizardly workroom stymies Snake...
    What happened here?

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Within the Chamber of Three Chests, the bone golem's silvered scimitars slash through the silver chest, sending silver shards flying through the air. It now stands at the centre of the room, dominating the 120 square feet of killing ground.
    The five feet running along the outside wall are free from attacks of opportunity...
    The skeleton is a tactician... It won't surrender its dominance of the room to press the attack, atleast yet. It's four-fold ring of steel continues to whirl in complex patterns as the creature juggles the spinning blades from one hand to another.
    From somewhere, Quin and Jake hear Dranga, "'Great! A golem with a personality... Guys, hold off for a bit, I'm gonna see how this thing like a Fireball!"
    The onset of the trap triggers, and a large boulder appears in the air behind quit. It lands, cracking the tiles, and blocking any exit or entry through the secret door...
    "Dranga, magic doesn't usually work on constructs, you gotta use something else!"
    Harley drops his pick and draws a wand, and at the same time, outside, Bob notices that his wand of summon monster I has been missing...
    "Hey!"
    Daina ducks behind the gold chest, and fires off two arrows to little effect.
    Apparently, Dranga thinks she can beat the golem's spell resistance, since she fires of the Shadow Evocation-inspired Fireball anyways...
    ...the golem doesn't flinch, its blades come up in an attempt to ward of the fiery flames, but it the spell resistance does its job, and the magical energies turn into wisps of arcane threads without any effect.
    The golem executes its taunt once again...
    "It appears to be waiting for something..."

Quin and Jake, you're up.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What is Jake up to HP wise now? 21? He was unconscious, so prone, is that Monstrosity standing on top of me? Can you post a map with positions so I know what Jake would do?
    -sig-

13. - Top - End - #763

Spoiler
    Show

a grinx is a griff spelled wrong. Its the same as before... the sprite that has wings and natural armor and is tiny. Well now with reduced its diminutive

The rock falling makes his ears perk up and he looks towards the tunnel. This was not good.

The call from behind made him turn as well and he looked towards the new comers.

"They need help. Something happened down this passage and some big stone dropped. I can try breaking the stone off course but still. I hope there is some way for it to open." Said Welby to Bob and Snake as they appeared and approached.

Welby entered the crawlway and snapped his fingers once.

He focused on the door, rose his hand and blasted the stone with powerfull shattering magic.

"OPEN! BELLA! FRIEND" he said.

Spoiler
    Show

empowered shatter on the stone. Even if its not enough it will soften it up subsequent attempts or break it or reduce how much damage it can take before breaking.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FireSickle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is Jake up to HP wise now? 21? He was unconscious, so prone, is that Monstrosity standing on top of me? Can you post a map with positions so I know what Jake would do?
    He's at 32 HPs, which ironically, the exact amount of damage that sent him from 31 to -1...
    The golem isn't on top of him, but he and Quin are definitely in its reach.
    And a map you ask for, a map you shall receive:
    The red dog is temporarily the celestial dog Harley is summoning with Bob's wand...

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

empowered shatter on the stone. Even if its not enough it will soften it up subsequent attempts or break it or reduce how much damage it can take before breaking.
    Fine, but this boulder weighs upwards of 300 lbs...

Chips of stone fly through the air as Welby attempts to dismantle the large stone, but it remains steadfast, preventing any means of escape.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jake stays laying on the ground, swivels so he is facing the Golem. Jake then draws his flaming sword (move action) and points it directly at the Golem... "Hey!!! You look like a giant Pixie-F**kin Pelvis bone," Jake is essentially trying to get the Bone Golem angry at him so he'll swat at him (a man on the ground is at -4 ac, good tactically to attack)... After he shouts madly, he begins to sing to inspire courage (standard action) in his teammates.

Inspire Courage +2
    An affected ally receives a +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. It lasts as long as my teammates can hear me, and for 5 rounds after they cannot hear me (or I stop singing)
    -sig-

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quin steps five feet back to be at the walls. He cast divine favor for a +3 to damage and attack. He readies his longspear once more.

(preparing to begin poking the golem for around 1d8+1d6+7. Gosh I need a spell that does energy damage for me.)

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC[[Is that Divine Favor a personal spell?]]
    Last edited by FireSickle; 2011-02-10 at 05:06 PM.
    -sig-

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh crap, I'd forgotten you'd become a bard.
    And taunting an golem won't make it angry! It's an animated object. It's just got enough personality to make flashy moves and enjoy the killing.
    And Divine Favor is personal.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The golem ignores Jake, and it shudders, it's bones shake and flex, and it swings its blades above its head once more....
    "It just cast Haste on itself!"
    Roll for Initiative, that means you too Welby, and Snake as well if he opts to join combat.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    The charred remains of the wizardly workroom stymies Snake...
    What happened here?
    This is a good question. Snake looks around, searching - (1d20+16)[17] the room carefully.

((WORST. DICE. EVER.

Also, can I get a visual description of the room?

Also-Also, can I just Take 20 instead? The forum dice roller HATES me.))
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-02-10 at 05:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Dwarf in the Playground

(1d20+4)[14] - Initiative

Jake will take a 5ft crawl back and hold a ready action. Action: If a teammate goes unconscious and is within arm's reach, Jake will cast Cure Serious Wounds on that person.
    Last edited by FireSickle; 2011-02-10 at 06:10 PM.
    -sig-

23. - Top - End - #773

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[28] with the power of SUPER SPEED!

My action is the same as before... another empowered shatter.

If its 300 pounds it means I need 3 shatters before I can shatter it (I do 135p each time)

Alternatively whats the hardness and HP of it? It may just be better to blast it into oblivion with fireballs :D

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-10 at 06:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Snake's search allows him to find the wreckage of the brain in the jar...
    ,...though he cannot piece together what exactly was inside, his knowledge of necromancy and his adventuring experience gives him a very general idea. He finds the remains of the brain's past victims, and is able to surmise that they'd been there long before the room was torched.
    He cannot find anything worth recovering.
    Quin torched it.

Alternatively whats the hardness and HP of it? It may just be better to blast it into oblivion with fireballs :D
    I'm not telling you that! And I should remind you that Fireball has a 20-foot radius! And the curve of the crawlway would make it even for Welvy to try it, and furthermore, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be so great for the people in front of the boulder, since it would probably be moved rather than destroyed...

Waiting for Quin's Initiative... Maybe I should roll Initiative and you guys just chime in with actions?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

You didnt ask for my init, I thought you rolled it......

Anyway here it is
    (1d20+3)[22]

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You didnt ask for my init, I thought you rolled it......
    Sorry, I just said Roll Initiative. =3

Order:
    Welby
    Quin
    Jake
    Dranga
    Harley
    Daina
    The Golem...

Snake can roll intiative and take actions if he can think of something.
    Welby's move? Further sundering? Or Fireball?

I have to go to sleep now, but I'll be online most of tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #777

Spoiler
    Show

Off course you can tell me! Hardness is a mechanic, I should as a person no OOC to be able to make decisions IC. Especially if its a mundane item...

The interesting part is what you say next... the rock would move rather than just break by the force of the fireball.

Can I estimate (I can roll spellcraft to estimate the effects of a spell on the world) with how much force this would happen? Cause I cant cause alot of damage to golems with spells but throwing a 300 pound rock on him could be fun!

In any case, for now Shatter on it. There is not much more I can do (Dimension door is one way).

Welby breathed in and blasted again the stone, the harmonics making dents and cracks on it but still failing to destroy it.

"GUYS! CAN YOU HEAR ME? WHATS GOING ON"?
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-11 at 11:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well NOW, you've reduced its mass by atleast 50%! Now, the Fireball would probably just go right through it...

Quin's up.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post
    Snake's search allows him to find the wreckage of the brain in the jar...
    ,...though he cannot piece together what exactly was inside, his knowledge of necromancy and his adventuring experience gives him a very general idea. He finds the remains of the brain's past victims, and is able to surmise that they'd been there long before the room was torched.
    He cannot find anything worth recovering.
    Quin torched it.
    ((Brain? What brain? ))

Snake sighs and leaves the room. Back out in the hallway, he calls to Bob, "Nothing in here. Maybe try one of thossse doorsss?"

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC ((Snake, you should go back and read the information from the 4 or 5 pages you missed. There was a scene after Quin teleported over to this new area where he found a brain in a jar and blasted it with a fire spell and scorched the room your in))
    -sig-