New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    I'm looking for a level 20 or so Commoner.

That could stand up in fight against a 10th-level group of four.

EDIT: Templated.

1. Which of the above are you asking for?
    From scratch, please.

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:

a. Books that can be used to build your character
    No limits, but try to keep it fairly simple.
    b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits)
    Nothing in particular.
    c. Class
    Commoner of 20th or so level. Straight Commoner, no other classes.
    d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method)
    4d6b3
    e. Alignment
    Chaotic Evil
    f. House Rules: are there any other requirements or unusual rules imposed on you/your character (e.g. no single level dips, no item creation feats, Track is being given to you as free feat, etc.)
    None.
    g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept?
    Really, I had the idea of a psychotic farmer, but something else would be okay.
    h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be (e.g., what are others playing, the setting is largely wilderness, the DM is threatening to use a lot of undead, or the campaign will be heavy on combat and light on intrigue)?
    The campaign is a complete dungeon crawl, and this character is the sub-boss, so to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bob, N Afflicted Dire Werebear Human Commoner 6 (ECL 20)
    Human Form
    Medium Humanoid (shapechanger, human)
    HD: 12d8+6d4+36 (105 hp)
    Init: +2
    Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
    AC: 22 (+2 dex, +1 deflection, +3 natural, +6 armor)
    BAB/Grp: +11/+15
    Attack: glaive +17 melee (1d10+8/x3)
    Full Attack: glaive +17/+12/+7 melee (1d10+8/x3)
    Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft (10ft with glaive)
    Special Attacks: none
    Special Qualities: human traits, scent, low-light vision, alternate form, bear empathy
    Saves: Fort +15, Ref +16, Will +17
    Abilities: Str 19, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Tumble +14, Jump +16, Profession (farmer) +22, Perform (dance) +9
    Feats: Power Attack (racial bonus feat), Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Martial Weapon Proficiency (glaive), Iron Will (racial bonus feat)
    Loot: +2 mithral chainshirt, +2 glaive, potion of enlarge person, belt of strength +4, ring of protection +1, amulet of natural armor +1, cloak of resistance +2, potion of fly
    CR: I have no idea. The lycanthrope template adds +5 to the CR, but I'm not sure about the commoner levels.

Bear Form
    Large Humanoid (human, shapechanger)
    Hp: same
    Init: +3
    Speed: 40ft (8 squares)
    AC: 23 (+3 dex, -1 size, +10 natural, +1 deflection)
    BAB/Grp: +11/+27
    Attack: claw +22 melee (2d4+12)
    Full Attack: 2 claws +22 melee (2d4+12) and bite +17 melee (2d8+6)
    Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
    SA: human form plus imp. grab and curse of lycanthropy
    SQ: human form plus damage reduction 5/silver
    Saves: Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +15
    Abilities: Str 35, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Tumble +13, Jump +30, Profession (farmer) +22, Perform (dance) +9
    Feats: Same
    Loot: none

Hybrid Form
    Large Humanoid (shapechanger, human)
    Hp: same
    Init: +3
    Speed: 40ft
    AC: 23
    BAB/Grp: same as bear form
    Attack: claw +22 melee (2d4+12) or glaive +24 melee (1d10+20/x3)
    Full Attack: glaive +24/+19/+14 melee (1d10+20/x3) and bite +17 melee (2d8+6) or 2 claws +22 melee (2d4+12) or bite +17 melee (2d8+6)
    Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft (10ft with glaive)
    SA: none
    SQ: same as bear form
    Saves: same as bear form
    Abilities: same as bear form
    Skills: same as bear form
    Feats: same
    Loot: +2 glaive

Scythes would be more 'farmer-ish', but monsters should not have x4 crit weapons.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, they should, as I want to make it a tough encounter.

And by my reckoning, that has a CR of 10. I need a CR of 20 or so, though I can definitly use that for another campaign I'm running.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Orc in the Playground

High crit multipliers don't make difficult encounters, they make either slightly easier battles or slightly shorter campaigns, depending on the rolls of the dice.

4. - Top - End - #724

SwashbucklerGuy

Could someone make me a 13th level psionic?

He'll be an illithid, so with LA that will make him a level 20 character, yeah?

I know nothing about psionics, which is why I ask. I'd like him to be as powerful and as optomized as he can be, he'll be the BBEG for a campaign I'm running, so combat powers are best.

All books are game, excepting 3rd party and forum stuff. 36 point buy, and standard gold for 20th level with access to whatever you want him to have.

And hit-points are average.

Thanks in advance!
    Stoic (and apparently only) member of the Fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuckets View Post
    And then the Rock totally sneaks up and impales them both on an American flag.

5. - Top - End - #725

Quote Originally Posted by Temp View Post
    High crit multipliers don't make difficult encounters, they make either slightly easier battles or slightly shorter campaigns, depending on the rolls of the dice.
    I wasn't saying he should use a scythe, I'm just saying that I want him to be a challenge.

EDIT:

Hm...

Illithid. Do you want him to be a manipulative guy? Or a more fireball, you're dead, kind of BBEG?

I'll just go ahead and assume manipulative, as illithids are usually that type.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2007-11-25 at 04:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726

SwashbucklerGuy

I wasn't saying he should use a scythe, I'm just saying that I want him to be a challenge.

EDIT:

Hm...

Illithid. Do you want him to be a manipulative guy? Or a more fireball, you're dead, kind of BBEG?

I'll just go ahead and assume manipulative, as illithids are usually that type.
    Manipulative works, but just remember he'll be going toe-to-toe with a large group at some point and I'd like him to last mor than three rounds.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Halfling in the Playground

Could anyone make an Level 15 wizard?
    Books: anything
    Race: Drow
    Any PrC
    Ability Scores: 32 point buy
    Alignment: Any evil
    Concept: Recently promoted to headmaster of a drow arcana school. Part of a clan that worships demons. Usually goes for summoning a few demons in combat.
    Other: This character is meant to be a BBEG, who runs an entire school of drow, so he should be charsmatic. Should pack spells that involve summoning or spells that let him smash his enemies with his hammer of DOOM!

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this!
    "Drow! Drow! IT'S A DROW!!" -The Crazy Drow Lady

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Mesfens View Post
    Could anyone make an Level 15 wizard?
    Books: anything
    Race: Drow
    Any PrC
    Alignment: Any evil
    Concept: Recently promoted to headmaster of a drow arcana school. Part of a clan that worships demons. Usually goes for summoning a few demons in combat.
    Other: This character is meant to be a BBEG, who runs an entire school of drow, so he should be charsmatic. Should pack spells that involve summoning or spells that let him smash his enemies with his hammer of DOOM!

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this!
    I'm probably not going to do this, but for anyone who is, I'd look into the Book of Vile Darkness. It has a prestige class or two that summon demons.

For ...., I was originally going to go with the Thrallherd prestige class, but after looking at the tables on Thralls and Believers, he would've had 2 level 17 or so Thralls, and a few hundred Believers. And I don't think you want to plan that out.

So I decided on a Psychic Warrior 7/War Mind 10.

That okay?

I'm almost done.

9. - Top - End - #729

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm probably not going to do this, but for anyone who is, I'd look into the Book of Vile Darkness. It has a prestige class or two that summon demons.

For ...., I was originally going to go with the Thrallherd prestige class, but after looking at the tables on Thralls and Believers, he would've had 2 level 17 or so Thralls, and a few hundred Believers. And I don't think you want to plan that out.

So I decided on a Psychic Warrior 7/War Mind 10.

That okay?

I'm almost done.
    Erm... wouldn't that be a level 17 character? Illithid's have a LA of +7, don't they?

10. - Top - End - #730
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Looking for advice/tweaks for a raiding party for the Dungeon Keepers game in the PbP forums. The party will face an intelligent (i.e., played by another player ) BBEG and his/her/its dungeon -- the BBEG is expected to win, so help me beat the odds! (Keepers -- please ignore this post and follow-ups!)

Books: Any except Tome of Magic, The Book of Nine Swords and the Magic of Incarnum

Race: SRD races only

Class: Group of 4 ECL 12 characters, see basic sketches below

Ability Scores: 32 point buy, HP is average on all HD

Alignment: Preferably true neutral when possible, to avoid spells targeting law/chaos and good/evil

House Rules: ECL 10 NPC wealth (16k) + one item up to 36k, don't worry about advancement as this is a single-raid situation, safe assumption that the enemy is evil

Concept: Basic outlines below -- need critique and help fleshing them out. The party should be able to get in, defeat/bypass all manners of devious (and lethal) traps, and be able to beat the BBEG as specified in the thread linked above

Spoiler
    Show

Halfling Warlock 9 / Hellfire Warlock 3
    Alignment: CN
    Abilities: STR 6, DEX 21, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 16
    Speed: 20'
    Initiative: +9
    BAB: +8
    HP: 66
    AC: 16 ( DEX +5, size +1 ), touch 16, flat-footed 11
    Attack: Eldritch Blast +14 (6d6) ranged
    Full Attack: Eldritch Glaive +14/+9 (6d6) melee
    Special Attacks: Eldritch Blast (6d6), Hellfire Blast (+6d6), Hellfire Infusion, Hellfire Shield
    Special Qualities: DR 2/cold iron, Resist Fire 10, Halfling Traits
    Saves: Fort +6, Reflex +9, Will +8
    Skills: Concentration 12 (14), Intimidate 6 (9), Knowledge: The Planes 12 (13), Spellcraft 6 (7), Use Magic Device 9 (12)
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, Weapon Finesse, (FEAT 12)
    Invocations Known (DC 13 + ESL):
    Least: Devil's Sight, Eldritch Spear, See The Unseen
    Lesser: Hellrime Blast, Fell Flight, Eldritch Glaive
    Greater: Vitriolic Blast
    Equipment: *(special item up to 36k), 16k to spend
    Notes: Primary damage dealer of the group -- get in close and let loose with Hellfire Blast/Eldritch Glaive for up to 14d6 damage twice per round on melee touch attacks (finessed), plus any AoOs. Last feat -- extra invocation?

Human Monk 5 / Paladin 3 / Fighter 2 / LA 2 (Saint template)
    Alignment: LG
    Abilities: STR 12, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 24, CHA 20
    Speed: 40'
    Initiative: +6
    HP: 81
    AC: 27 (DEX +2, Monk +1/WIS +7, Insight WIS +7), touch 27, flat-footed 25
    Attack: Unarmed Strike +10 (1d8+3)
    Full Attack: Unarmed Strike +10/+10/+5 (1d8+3)
    Special Attacks: Holy Touch
    Special Qualities: Evasion, Fast Healing 5, DR 5/evil, Immune: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fear, Paralysis, Resist Fire 10, +4 save vs. Poison, Darkvision 60', Low-light Vision, +2 DC to all spells/abilities, Protective Aura, tongues (constant)
    Saves: Fort +18, Reflex +12, Will +17
    Skills: 42 remaining skill points
    Feats: Touch of Golden Ice, Nymph's Kiss, Stunning Fist(B), Deflect Arrows(B), Weapon Focus: Unarmed, Sanctify Martial Strike, (FEAT 9), Improved Initiative, Weapon Specialization: Unarmed(B)
    Spell-Like Abilities: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue, Bless -- all at will, CL 10
    Equipment: *Amulet of Wisdom +6, 16k to spend
    Notes: Physical damage is an afterthought -- the intent is to land Touch of Golden Ice and Holy Touch as often as possible

Grey Elf Beguiler 12
    Alignment: TN
    Abilities: STR 7, DEX 16, CON 12, INT 22, WIS 10, CHA 10
    Speed: 30'
    Initiative: +3
    BAB: +6
    HP: 54
    AC: 13 (+3 DEX), touch 13, flat-footed 10
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities: Trapfinding, Cloaked Casting (+1 DC, +2 vs. SR), Surprise Casting, Elf Traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Reflex +4, Will +8
    Skills: Bluff 15 (15), Concentration 15 (16), Disable Device 15 (22), Hide 15 (18), Listen 15 (17), Move Silently 15 (18), Open Lock 15 (18), Search 15 (24), Spot 15 (17), Use Magic Device 15 (15), 23 remaining skill points
    Feats: (FEAT 1), (FEAT 3), Silent Spell(B), (FEAT 6), (FEAT 9), Still Spell(B), (FEAT 12)
    Beguiler Spells per Day (0th/1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th): 6/8/8/7/7/6/4
    Advanced Learning: 1st or lower, 3rd or lower, 5th or lower
    Notes: Scout and arcanist -- UMD to use offensive/utility spells not on Beguiler list

Aasimar Cleric 11 / LA 1
    Alignment: TN
    Deity/Domains: Bocob / Magic and Trickery
    Abilities: STR ??, DEX ??, CON ??, INT ??, WIS ??+2, CHA ??+2
    Initiative:
    HP: 49 + CON
    AC:
    Special Attacks: Turn undead
    Special Qualities: Aasimar traits
    Saves: Fort +7, Reflex +3, Will +7
    Skills: Concentration 14 (), Spellcraft 14 ()
    Feats: (FEAT 1), (FEAT 3), (FEAT 6), (FEAT 9), (FEAT 12)
    Cleric Spells per Day (0th/1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th):
    Notes: Basic divine caster role; Magic gets Disjunction, Trickery gets Time Stop on spell list, use scrolls to ruin BBEG's day?
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2007-11-29 at 02:52 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

1. Which of the above are you asking for?
    From scratch, please.

2. In your request specify whether you have requirements, preferences, or no limits on the following:

a. Books that can be used to build your character
    No limits, but try to keep it fairly simple.

b. Race (including any Level Adjustment Limits)
    Nothing specific, but something not too 'brutish' or 'puny would be nice. A skilled(maybe +dex) would also be helpful.

c. Class
    Level 20. Starting as Psychic Warrior. I am open to prestige classes(eg; taking 10 levels of slayer has been suggested to me)

d. Ability Scores (fixed or generation method)
    28 Point Buy

e. Alignment
    True Neutral, preferably.

f. House Rules: are there any other requirements or unusual rules imposed on you/your character (e.g. no single level dips, no item creation feats, Track is being given to you as free feat, etc.)
    None.

g. Concept: what requirements or preferences do you have regarding concept?
    I was thinking of a fairly skilled and agile warrior. With weapon finesse and an elven courtblade(or other, better finessable weapon) and powers such as dimensional slide so that he can have great maneuverability with a fairly high damage output - teleporting and moving around the battlefield and causing damage with his weapon. Psychofeedback, Dimensional Slide and Dimensional Door are all high on my list of powers.

h. Other: Is there any other information that might help someone make your character all she can be (e.g., what are others playing, the setting is largely wilderness, the DM is threatening to use a lot of undead, or the campaign will be heavy on combat and light on intrigue)?
    Not much to add. Fairly balanced party, but without a dedicated healer so self-sufficency is quite high on my list.
    Last edited by Shovah; 2007-11-30 at 05:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732

I would like help with this, please, if it's not too much trouble. Basically, I'm trying to work out if it's possible to build a character with a crit range as large as possible (I seem to remember reading somewhere that a natural 1 was always a fail, so a crit range of 2-20 would be the best I could hope for in that case), preferably for melee combat (Although ranged is good too).

1) Level by level, please.
    2)
    A) Any and all books.
    B) Any race at all.
    C) Any class at all (No doubt combat classes will feature heavily).
    D) Standard stat array, please.
    E) Any alignment.
    F) No house rules.
    G) The concept of this character? Maximum potential legally-obtained crit range, at the lowest level possible to obtain such power. I am assuming that a crit range of 2-20 would indicate that you can hit on said roll of 2.
    H) I have just one other request. The crit range must be a passive benefit if possible (In other words, constantly active), and not require the use of activated item charges or per day abilities unless unavoidable.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Corrected mistake.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2007-11-30 at 09:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Could anyone please build me a 6th level Vampire Spawn? (Libris Mortis class) It has to stand out in a party with an overpowered druid and an average cleric. Should I go stealth, smash or battlefield control? or something entirely else?

Books: no 3rd party material, rest is okay
    Race: gnome
    Class: vampire spawn
    Ability Scores: 28 point buy
    Alignment: doesn't matter, good is going to be tricky though
    House Rules: none worth mentioning
    Concept: Not necessarily evil, but will blood drain commoners to ensure it's own survival.
    Other: The DM might make house rule to make sure i'm helping the party a bit instead of just getting in the way. Nothing too noticable, just to make sure things won't get boring as I'm overshadowed by the rest of the party.

thanks in advance

14. - Top - End - #734

Ok, I'm working on a character for a homebrewed game Enter the Hero and I would greatly appreciate some feedback/tips/criticisms. The homebrew rules can be found here, and the character sheet (as it now stands) is here. Any comments at all would be very helpful, both on the character itself and on the system as it is still in beta stages.

15. - Top - End - #735

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pantoffelheld View Post
    Could anyone please build me a 6th level Vampire Spawn? (Libris Mortis class) It has to stand out in a party with an overpowered druid and an average cleric. Should I go stealth, smash or battlefield control? or something entirely else?

Books: no 3rd party material, rest is okay
    Race: gnome
    Class: vampire spawn
    Ability Scores: 28 point buy
    Alignment: doesn't matter, good is going to be tricky though
    House Rules: none worth mentioning
    Concept: Not necessarily evil, but will blood drain commoners to ensure it's own survival.
    Other: The DM might make house rule to make sure i'm helping the party a bit instead of just getting in the way. Nothing too noticable, just to make sure things won't get boring as I'm overshadowed by the rest of the party.

thanks in advance
    Honestly, if you've got an overpowered druid in the group, you'll have trouble standing out as a vampire spawn. What you have, if I recall (I don't have LM, so I'm going off of MM), is a vulnerability to sunlight, free restoration to life if you die sufficiently close to your coffin, a few stat bumps, blood drain, and hopefully a domination ability.

Stealth is something the party is a little bit low on (unless the druid uses a wildshape into an innocuous animal, but that's less likely), and if the druid is hyped up, you won't be able to out-smash him. I'd suggest a stealth build (levels in rogue, perhaps, later), and try to build up your charisma a bit to boost the save DC on the domination, if you get that ability.

My advice, if you want it, if you are truly determined to make this work, is to figure out what you can do that the rest of the party can't do (well), and make yourself good at it. You probably won't be able to beat the druid (or even the cleric) at what they do best, so I'd suggest not trying to out-do them at their specialties (unless you like playing second fiddle).
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

16. - Top - End - #736

I am working on building a Dwarf Melee-er for an upcoming game. I'm building it for a friend of mine, but his only specification was that he wanted to "hit things with an axe and be all Dwarfy."

Since this game already has a very nice Tank (Dwarf Knight7/ Dwarven Defender1) and a fairly decent damage dealer (Half-Orc Barbarian8) as well as a nice ranged combatant (Elf Druid6 / Ranger2).

I was thinking of making an Earth Dwarf Ranger6 / Deepwarden2. He could wield either dual Dwarven Waraxes or a Waraxe and a Warhammer. The only problem with going Ranger is I can only wear Light armor (or else start losing benefits). However, I think since I'm already going Deepwarden for the Con bonus to AC, light armor will be as much a boost (bigger Dex bonus possible) as it might have been a hindrance. Plus, Earth Dwarf gives me a -2 Dex mod (which I don't care about since I'm substituting that out for my Con bonus anyway for armor) and a +2 Str bonus helps with damage.

I just need some help with feat selection and whether or not this is a good build.

EDIT: I was a little rushed, so if you need more detailed information just say so.
    Last edited by Darkxarth; 2007-12-03 at 05:57 PM.
    Working on a campaign world or adventure and need feedback?
    Check out this site.

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Talya
    Anyone casting a ninth level spell should not be just bending the fabric of reality, but chewing up the fabric of reality and spitting it out. It represents an expenditure of raw magical force that should be momentous, and should have similar shock value as the events following Grand Moff Tarkin's "You may fire when ready."

17. - Top - End - #737
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm looking for a 15th level elf rogue. Thanks.
    Books: Core + Any Complete + PHBII + RotD + RoD + RotW + RoS
    Class: Rogue + any PrC that focuses on sneaking and hiding, but would prefer to not be a shadowdancer.
    Alignment: any non-evil
    Concept: would prefer TWF, but not required.
    Other: campaign has lots of undead and diseases, if that helps. Other classes include dwarf cleric 10/church inquisitor 5, gnome wizard 3/cleric 3/mystic theurge 9, and human barbarian 10/frenzied berserker 5.

Thanks!
    Life sucks, and then you die.

18. - Top - End - #738

Okay, I have a bit of a doozy for you guys. All books are open to discussion with the DM.

Right now I'm playing a Human Level Six Scurrilous, Shifty Summoning and Scroll Specialist Spirit Shaman in a Specially Staggering Setting.

His feats right now are Scribe Scroll, Track, Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning.

I was thinking of taking Dynamic Priest at level 9 so he becomes single-stat dependent once again for casting and maybe Extraordinary Concentration at level 12. Any ideas that you guys want to toss in? Thanks in advance.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Orc in the Playground

I have a level seven character that I will hopefully be leveling further, and would not mind discussing character advancement.

I started out as a level 1 swordsage, high dex build taking (thanks to flaws,) weapon finesse, shadow blade (weapon finesse for damage) and two weapon fighting. I then took pouncing barbarian, followed by 5 levels of scout. With my later feats I took the spring attack tree, because honestly pouncing spring attacks are sweet.

So, for further advancement I am at a crossroads. The dervish PrC allows for full attack actions while moving. Then theres the fortunes friend, because I am the tank and tempting fate could very well save me. Of course, taking another level of swordsage is my current plan, because it would allow me to grab level a level 3 stance and manouvers, and I need to wait for my level 9 feat before making either of the PrCs. Not to mention the next level of scout allows me to charge across rough terrain.

which brings me to the acrobatic thief PrC....

Let it be known that the Dm won't allow other base class levels, due to my early game attempt to never take the same class twice. I felt it might be nice to get some third party opinions on options, so feel free to comment/make suggestions.

(also take into account that the DM rolls a percentile chance, based off of cost, to determine if we can purchase items in town, so suggestions there would be welcomed, but might not make it into the build.)

Any thoughts?

----

Edit: you know... nevermind on this. The DM sicked some 4 CR 6 undead on us. Vicious stuff from the Libra de Mortis. I got spawned, so though the other two lived, no rez. Feel free to offer suggestions still, as I may try to revive this build some other time.

I think this DM deserves a Wizard or Druid for that.
    Last edited by Yami; 2007-12-10 at 06:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm looking for help on creating a level 6 duel class Duskblade/Shadowcaster for an X-Crawl campain. Eventually I would like to turn him into a Nocturnmancer.

Fixed stat as follows (already includes the extra Ability Point from 4th.)
    Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 14
    Intelligence: 18
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 18

Stats cane be changed, but I would like the INT and CHA to remain as 18s.

Books: Core + Tome of Magic + PHB II + any.
    Race: Human (or any non level adjusted race that would work better.)
    Class: Duelclass Shadowmancer/Duskblade heading for Nocturnmncer
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Concept: Niche character, designed to pick up the slack in he group should something happen to a fighter or mage. Otherwise, he tends to stay as a melee combatant. Once he turns Nocturnmancer, he'll switch to a less frontline role. Character itself is flamboyant, prefering to pantomime rater than speak outloud. And if it matters, the character's name is "Good Times'. He dresses in all black, and wears one of the undead Smiley Face masks to hide his identity.
    Other: I don't any equipment. The DM hasn't told us yet how much money we'll be starting of with, or what type of equipment will be allowed. Just the basic stats/skills/feats/spells will do for the time being.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Jazarkrazaj; 2007-12-12 at 02:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #741

Jazarkrazaj, this is what I managed to come up with for your request. Hopefully it'll suit your needs.

Spoiler
    Show

Human Duskblade 4/ Shadowcaster 2
    Alignment: N
    Abilities: STR 16, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 18, WIS 16, CHA 16
    Initiative: +2
    BAB: +5
    HP: 37
    AC: 18 ( Armor +6, Dex +2 ), touch 15, flat-footed 12
    Attack: Greatsword +9 (2d6+6)
    Special Attacks: Arcane Channeling
    Special Qualities: Armored Caster (medium), Arcane Attunement - 7/day dancing lights, detect magic, flare, ghost sound and read magic
    Saves: Fort +8, Reflex +3, Will +9
    Skills: Climb 5 (8), Concentration 5 (7), Hide: 5 (7) Knowledge: Arcana 9 (13) Knowledge: the Planes 5 (9), Move Silently 5(7), Ride 5 (7) Spellcraft 9 (13), Spot 3 (6) Swim 3 (6)
    Feats: Weapon Focus (greatsword) (1st), Power Attack (human bonus), Combat Casting (class bonus) Battlecaster Offense (3rd), Cleave (6th), Still Mystery (class bonus)

Mysteries:
    Fundamentals [Su]: 3/day - Black Candle, Caul of Shadow, Sight Obscured
    Apprentice: 1/day - Life Fails, Steel Shadows

Spells: 6/5
    0 Level (DC 15) - Acid Blast, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
    1st (DC 16) - Color Spray, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp, Swift Expeditious Retreat, True Strike

Equipment:
    +1 Greatsword
    +2 Breastplate

6750 GP to spread around, given standard starting wealth.

Notes
    The Shadow Cast feat lets him cast any spell without incurring an AoO, as long as a designated square is empty. This is why the Duskblade is kitted out with spells that typically incur AoOs; they're no longer an issue for this character.
    Battlecaster Offense, from Complete Mage, offers a +1 to hit on opponents that took a spell last round, and a +1 spell DC vs. opponents that were hit in melee last round. Since you're a Duskblade and will be doing both at once, this is a good feat.

As for Mysteries, Steel Shadows gives you a +3 shield bonus, buffing your AC to 21 while you wield a Greatsword. Life Fails is craptacular but is a prereq for Flesh Fails next level, which lets you arcane channel ability damage into your foes. The Black Candle fundamental will also be handy when you get darkvision and you can use it to toss a blinding darkness into your enemies' midst. Sight Obscured is another good fundamental, as it adds another +5 to your already formidable Hide score, making you a decent stealthy backup for the Rogue.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Dode; 2007-12-12 at 07:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dear fellow gamers :)

Do any of you know a nice two weapon fighter prestige class?

23. - Top - End - #743

Yes: The Dervish.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dode View Post
    Yes: The Dervish.
    Actually, it's the Tempest. Dervish is for scimitar-wielding Scouts.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Looks good as far as the spells go.

I do see 2 problems though.

Too many feats. And I only have 1 bonus feat from Shadowcaster, which has to be a metamagic feat.

And for skills. X-Crawl is a dungeon crawl setting, so ride is't needed. Also had 9 skill points left over that you use.

But I do like the spell selection. And I agree. Most 1st lvl Mysteries are crap, but you have to ge them to get the better ones.

I'm hoping that the DM gives up or money soon, so I can see how nasty I can make the weapons/armor for 'Good Times'.

26. - Top - End - #746

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Actually, it's the Tempest. Dervish is for scimitar-wielding Scouts.
    Both are good; also, Bloodclaw Master is pretty nice, though it limits your choices of what you can be wielding to get the full benefits
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

27. - Top - End - #747

Quote Originally Posted by Jazarkrazaj View Post
    Looks good as far as the spells go.

I do see 2 problems though.

Too many feats. And I only have 1 bonus feat from Shadowcaster, which has to be a metamagic feat.

And for skills. X-Crawl is a dungeon crawl setting, so ride is't needed. Also had 9 skill points left over that you use.

But I do like the spell selection. And I agree. Most 1st lvl Mysteries are crap, but you have to ge them to get the better ones.

I'm hoping that the DM gives up or money soon, so I can see how nasty I can make the weapons/armor for 'Good Times'.
    Oh I missed that bonus feat limitation. I'm pretty sure I tallied the number of feats correctly though: 3 feats for being at level six, a bonus feat for being human, Duskblades get Combat Casting at level 2 and Shadowcasters get a bonus feat.

I swapped Shadow Cast for Still Mystery, which eliminates all somatic components for Mystery-spells, meaning the character has no chance for ASF and no need for twilighted mithril armor anymore. If you swap Weapon Focus or Battlecaster Offense for Battle Caster in Complete Arcana, he can actually be a theurge in full plate.
    Last edited by Dode; 2007-12-12 at 06:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

Looks great now. Thank you so much for all the help.

Can't wait to tur this guy into a Nocturnmancer ^^;

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

I am curious to see what you all come up with with this request.

I have a character concept in mind. I also have a build in mind, but I want to keep that to myself for the moment, and compare it to what you guys come up with.

Here is the basics:

Kobold Sorcerer/Dracolexi. I was considering focusing (via metamagic feats) on Scorching Ray as his primary attack spell, but having those lovely Power Word spells at his disposal, too. I was also considering throwing on the Dragonwrought feat, and maybe the dragon wings, too. A flying Kobold sorcerer could be fun...

Lets go with 5th level, and the Elite Array for stats. Or, if you prefer, you can do a level by level as far as you like.

Alignment is not really important for the character, but it might be for whatever build you come up with. However, no evil, please.

As for books, I have at my disposal, and thus what I am using for my own build;
    Core books, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Divine, Complete Mage, Complete Warrior, Complete Psionics, the Expanded Psionics Handbook, Monster Manuals 1-4, Sandstorm, Savage Species, Dragonomicon, Unearthed Arcana, Race of the Wild, Races of Stone, Races of Destiny, Races of Dragon, Dungeonscape, Dragon Magic, Epic Level Handbook, Lords of Madness, Fiendish Codex I&II, Spell Compendium, Libris Mortis, Heroes of Horror, Tome of Battle, Book of Nine Swords, and the SRD, of course.

Background: Nixilach was your typical Kobold until he was found to have the spark of magic. He was taught the ways of Sorcery as other Kobolds with the spark were taught. However, Nix was a bit of a rebel. In normal societies, this wouldn't be a problem, but in the highly structured Kobold society, it was not acceptable. However, unlike almost every other Kobold that had shown these traits, he didn't buckle under the pressure to conform. That pressure only made the rebellion in him flare to new found heights. The thought of living in such a stifling enviroment a moment longer filled Nix with dread. He left the mines as soon as he could, and has never looked back.

He still has a bit of the racial hatred towards Gnomes, but he doesn't lash out at them on site. He tries to do the "good" thing according to what the other good races do, but it is very foreign to him. However, he likes this new, exciting life he leads. Even if on occasion he leads it at the head of a horde of villagers with torches and pitchforks.

Unlike most Kobolds, Nix has a sense of humor, and is rather courageous. Well, for a Kobold, anyway.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Grizzled Gryphon; 2007-12-13 at 07:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750

Hello hello! Now, a question that most of you guys will be ablke to answer in ZERO time.

I really enjoyed the description of the duskblade, if nothing else because it's like a class molded on on of my favorite player character's (elf). sO, i'LL BE GMing hime today. He is now a mage 1/ftr 5. Yet from how he described himself and from how he tries to play his PC he is SCREAMING duskblade.

So, quick questions.

1) Can a duskblade access any of the spell lists other than his classe's?

and (MORE important)

2) he is given a starting proficiency with all MARTIAL weapons. NOT with simple weapons. Now, am I to take it as implicit in the wording that Martial comes WITH simple or will I have to com up with a reason why he can use the former and not the latter? Granted, if you are a fencer you might not know how to swing a sledgehammer or throw an axe, but it still looks kind of odd to me.

So, anyone there has a quick answer to my questions? (esp. q.2).

Cheers.

Os.
    Enjoy my creations
    Gatsu, from Berserk (Kentaro Miura's)
    A hero: the Tekkaman space-knight.
    The villain he has to face: Dobrai, Valdaster Overlord from Tekkaman

Threadwinner of Vs Mage challenges.
    Warning: may perform below standards if target has no heat signature (eg: undead mage)