New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Technically it's wearing armor that costs the AC bonus and fast movement, not your alignment.
    "A monk who becomes nonlawful cannot gain new levels as a monk but retains all monk abilities."

2. - Top - End - #872
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Cybren View Post
    Technically it's wearing armor that costs the AC bonus and fast movement, not your alignment.
    "A monk who becomes nonlawful cannot gain new levels as a monk but retains all monk abilities."
    ill trust you on that one. i was just too lazy to look it up earlier. i knew there was some reason it didn't work. for me, my wis bonus was always lower than wearing a chainshirt would net me, so i went with the armor. i already had barb fast movement, so that didn't matter to me as much either. if you can get it to work with a high wisdom, more power to ya. i might try that pathway the second time around, but at least on the surface it seems like armor is the way to go when you only have two levels of monk.
    Darnit Dave! what did i tell you about playin' that unicorns and corridors?!
    - Chuck

Fool me once? shame on you,
    Fool me twice? Do you want your posessions identified?
    - Kevin, about nethack

3. - Top - End - #873
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Ok, time for my cohort build!

My swordsage build recently hit level 10 (which in our world is a feat level), so he took leadership. I was debating that or Arcane Disciple : Healing, but decided I'd just rather have a cohort to heal me.

However, after looking at some options, I've decided to make him a druid/monk build, with an emphasis on being truly unarmed, unarmored...and kind of vow of poverty like :)

House rules: Feats every two levels rather than three. All casters are spontaneous casters. Any source of bonus feats (other than monk) can be used to pick any feat that you qualify for, rather than a limited list.

Books available: Almost anything, though I want to rely on the complete books as much as possible, since I'm the one in the group that owns those. Just easier that way.

Ability scores: 4d6, reroll 1s, drop lowest. This guy's set was 18, 17, 16, 13, 12, 11.

Starting at level 8, and this campaign will most likely be going to/through epic levels.

Through 8 levels, this is what I have established for the build:

Race: Human
    Abilities(base): Str 16, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 11
    Level breakdown:
    Human: Sacred Vow
    1: Druid. Vow of Poverty, Combat Casting (VoP bonus feat)
    2: Druid. Power Attack
    3: Druid. Great Fortitude (VoP)
    4: Druid. Natural Bond +1 Dex
    5: Druid. Extra Wildshape (VoP)
    6: Monk. Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Superior Unarmed Strike
    7: Monk. Combat Reflexes, Elephant's Hide (VoP), +2 Wisdom (VoP)
    8: Fist of the Forest. Practiced Spellcaster, +1 Con

My goal is to next pursue the Sacred Fist PRC to completion, then go back to druid. I realize losing 3 casting levels is usually frowned on, but the goal of this character is to be as tough as possible, while providing sufficient healing. He adds Dex, Wis, and Con to armor class, will eventually get damage reduction, and gets free armor bonuses from VoP. At 8th level his AC is 29. When he starts gaining levels in Sacred Fist that will continue to rise in addition to the gains from Vow of Poverty.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this build. Specifically, am I missing any major feats? Main one I know is not there is natural spell, but I don't actually plan on shifting much, I just plan on using the wild feats along the way for attack augmentation (Lion's Pounce + Power attack + flurry of blows = fun!).

4. - Top - End - #874
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hi

Master of many forms is a good combat druid type.

Rearranging the stats you list you could be a Troll for 8 hrs. At 9th lvl you even get the Troll's regen ability! Since you seem to be using Exalted Deeds (Vow of Poverty) Toucjh of Golden Ice seems a must.

Human Druid 6 Mstr Forms 2

Str 11 Dex 13 Con 17 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 16

1) Druid Endurance
    2) Druid
    3) Druid Alertness (Wis+1)
    4) Druid
    5) Druid
    6) Mstr Forms Natural Spell (Shifter's Speech, Improved Wildshape Humanoid)
    7) Mstr Forms (Improved Wildshape Giant)
    8) Druid (Wis+1)
    9) Druid Touch (4th lvl Druid spells)

With the spells from Spell Compendium & Complete Mage you can make this even harder. 4th lvl spell from SpC grants extraordinary abilities of new wildshaped form. All Mstr Forms lvls stack for wildshape. You can either continue as Druid for cool spells ('Bite' spells SpC, 'Heart' spells CM), or take the improving shapes from the Prestige Class. (Dragon at 10th lvl Mstr Many Forms).

Troll (Enhanced Wildshaped Human, Bite Werewolf & Gtr Magic Fang spells running)

Str 25 Dex 18 Con 27 Int 12 Wis 20 Cha 16

AC 22 HP 9D8+72

Bite +8 Dam D8+11
    Claws (2) + 13 Dam D6+8 (Rend 2D6+12)

All this excludes armour/item bonuses, other buffs, etc.
    Note that if you use a weapon you don't get the iterative attack for high BAB. (See Bite spell).

Cheers
    Paul H

5. - Top - End - #875

DruidGuy

Hi

The other Druid build I'd look at is the Warshaper (CW).

Druid 6 Warshaper2 gives you +4 Str, +4 Con, immune to stunning & crits (therefore sneaks as well), plus extra natural attack.

Later levels give reach and fast healing. These are all class abilities so stack with wildshape.

(And yes, Druid 7, Mstr Forms 2, Warshaper 2 is just silly with an enhanced Troll immune to stuns/crits)

Cheers
    Paul H

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey all, I've got 2 characters I'm working on to use in different campaigns, and I'm looking for a good place to start. The first is a diviner who lives in the desert.

Level-by-level to 5 (or higher if you want)
    Books? Any, but please cite your source so I can read it. I normally use the d20 srd and Crystal Keep.
    Race? Human, or any LA +0
    Class? Wizard w/ Specialization: Divination, Prohibited School: Illusion
    Ability Scores? 4d6b3 or 28-point buy
    Alignment? Any non-evil
    House Rules? None
    Concept? A desert diviner who grew into his job (i.e. had powers all his life), respected by others in his tribe/caravan/etc because of his powers, detests illusions because they disguise the truth, the opposite of his divining powers. A powerful seer.
    Other? Nothing really, this is an entry character into a campaign, but I'll probably use it in a different campaign - I'm thinking a decent spellcasting ability to back up the divination would be great.
    Starting gold as normal for level.

The second character I'm looking at is an Arcane Archer, I'd really like to make a kick*** build, but all I can think of is Duskblade->A.A, and that really doesn't make good use of the archer's Arcane abilities. This is an NPC I want to use in my own campaign, and I'd like him to be able to take on the PCs by himself (they'll probably be lv 13-15 when they face him). I'm not asking anyone else to make a twinked out Arcane Archer (although it would be nice ), I just want a better idea of how to integrate the "arcane" bit into the arcane archer.

From scratch to level 15
    Books? Any, but please cite your source so I can read it. I normally use the d20 srd and Crystal Keep.
    Race? Half-elf, b/c he has a son that's human (one of the PCs) w/ a human wife
    Class? I'm thinking Arcane Archer 8 b/c of Hail of Arrows, but that's variable.
    Ability Scores? Starting stats 9 10 14 15 15 16
    Alignment? Probably LN
    House Rules? None
    Concept? Not really is thought out yet, but I would guess something like Rufus from Valkyrie Profile 2 (uses a bow only w/ special effects)
    Other? I don't know what are others playing, but I would guess the norm (fighter, rogue, spellcasters, etc).
    The setting is largely a chessboard-style dungeon with different areas in each 100-ft section (i.e. 1 plains, 1 forest, 1 underground, 1 in a house, 1 mountainous...), at least until the PCs escape it, and the NPC could appear in any of these.
    Starting gold as normal for level.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-03-10 at 09:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

After making this for the gestalt build challenge, I wanted to try and make it non-gestalt, ECL 11.

Goliath (+1 LA)
    32 Point Buy
    Fighter - EWP (Goliath Greathammer), Point Blank Shot
    Fighter - Combat Expertise
    Warblade - Weapon Focus (G. Greathammer)
    Warblade
    Warblade
    Ex. Wpn Master - Power Attack
    Ex. Wpn Master
    Ex. Wpn Master
    Bloodstorm Blade - Improved Trip
    Bloodstorm Blade

Your job? Make it better! All complete and races books, PHB2 and Tome of Battle.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I've lost hope trying to recount which request this would be.

Q???

I am trying to convert a freeform character (Amilia "Scrounge" Playwrite) to d20 Modern. I'm hoping for her to be a 5th-level character.
    Books: Anything from d20 Modern, including Future (though try to keep the PL at 6)
    Race: Human.
    Class: I was thinking 4th-level Fast/1st-Level Smart hero, but if you can think of another build that would make more sense could be helpful.
    Ability Scores: Elite Array. (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8). I'd like them to be arranged as the following, but if you feel they'd work better another way I'll be okay so long as it doesn't completely reverse something. Str 14, Dex 15, Con 8, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10. I've already worked the 4th-level ability bonus into it (granting it to Strength).
    Allegiances: (Ranked in importance from Highest to Lowest) Tango Site, Steed, Life. Tango is her home site, and she's been living there for most of her life (she was transplanted into Kilo site for a time, but she deserted during her final mission there). Steed is her motorcycle, it's been pretty much the only thing she's had for all her adult life. She's not going to go out of her way to protect someone's life, but she is uncomfortable with taking it.
    House Rules: I'm fine with standard HP. (
    Concept: This character was made freeform for a message board RP, I have her bios, but because they were originally posted on another message board I think it'd be best if interested parties would contact me for them.
    Other: The setting of the original game started out with the characters fighting large insects mostly, but turned into a colony vs. colony fight eventially (Kilo Site and Lima Site). It takes place largely in a deserted near future where there are multiple groups with differeing goals (Kilo is mostly about the Kossacks gaining power, 51 is about restoring the U.S. to it's former glory since WWIII, WSABR is trying to restore Elderism to it's original ideals, 1-11 is about trying to live independently from the colonies.) Any other setting information would best be recieved from my GM. There is already a finished RP about her time in Kilo Site, though it gets a little sparce for my posts near the end. I'll include the link for the forum in a private message with the bios.

If there are any uncertainties you have just ask.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheCleric View Post
    After making this for the gestalt build challenge, I wanted to try and make it non-gestalt, ECL 11.

Goliath (+1 LA)
    32 Point Buy
    Fighter - EWP (Goliath Greathammer), Point Blank Shot
    Fighter - Combat Expertise
    Warblade - Weapon Focus (G. Greathammer)
    Warblade
    Warblade
    Ex. Wpn Master - Power Attack
    Ex. Wpn Master
    Ex. Wpn Master
    Bloodstorm Blade - Improved Trip
    Bloodstorm Blade

Your job? Make it better! All complete and races books, PHB2 and Tome of Battle.
    Well, here's one idea, but it depends how attached you are to your exotic weapon master stunts. I personally value the lightning ricochet feature of bloodstorm blade rather highly and try to get it as quickly as possible since, unless I'm remembering it wrong, if you're weapon is Returning, you won't have it after you throw it until the start of the next round (and you can only throw it once per round). You can obviously finish out exotic weapon master at levels 12 and 13

LA
    barbarian* feat[EWP(great hammer)
    barbarian Improved Trip
    warblade feat[Point Blank Shot]
    warbalde
    Warblade
    bloodstorm feat[Focus(Great Hammer)]
    bloodstorm
    bloodstorm bonus feat[Power Attack]
    bloodstorm feat[Your Choice, maybe precise shot or Extra Rage]
    exo wpn master

*Wolf Totem Barbarian: gets Improved Trip as a bonus feat at second level instead of uncanny dodge that you get from warblade anyway.

You can also use the goliath 1st level racial substitution that drops fast movement to get you Mountain Rage. It's like rage, except you actually become large (10 ft space and reach, -1 to AC and attacks; still only use large weapons) and get an additional +2 to strength (in addition to standard rage effects) while raging. So, compared to a normal rage, your AC will drop by one and your damage will increase by 1, attack bonus stays the same as size is offset by the additional +2 str and you will be large (does not make you a size bigger for opposed checks (you stay large via powerful build); you actually only grow about 30% as you were most of the way to large already. Check races of stone for full text
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-03-15 at 09:41 AM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xavius View Post
    I have a character I would very much want some kind soul (corrupted souls are fine too) with a better mechanics sense than me to stat out.

This is a level one character designed to start play with.

Books: Any, just specify if you use any non-SRD material.

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Here's the interesting part: Barbarian, with variant rules Eagle Totem, "Hunting Barbarian", and Favored Environment. I call this the Hunter.

Ability Scores: 32 point buy. All physical abilities (Str, Dex, Con) are important. Wis is somewhat important, I think. Int and Cha can, and should, unless you can come up with a reason why not, be dump stats, especially Cha.

Alignment: CN

House Rules: No

Concept: A ranger-like guy from a barbarian tribe, as the class suggests. Alone in the wilderness, with only his weapons as friends. Until he inevitably joins an adventuring party, that is.

Other: I came up with this idea while experimenting with the variant classes in the SRD. Please provide feedback.

Anyone? Please?

11. - Top - End - #881

Xavius, what are you looking for? a level 20 build?
    Do you want him to stick with a bow and arrow or would something like throwing axes be ok?
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882

Moved first warblade level to level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by playswithfire View Post
    LA
    warblade feat[EWP(great hammer)
    barbarian*
    barbarian Improved Trip,feat[Point Blank Shot]
    warbalde
    Warblade
    bloodstorm feat[Focus(Great Hammer)]
    bloodstorm
    bloodstorm bonus feat[Power Attack]
    bloodstorm feat[Your Choice, maybe precise shot or Extra Rage]
    exo wpn master

*Wolf Totem Barbarian: gets Improved Trip as a bonus feat at second level instead of uncanny dodge that you get from warblade anyway.
    EDIT: I thought there was a problem in my build but I was wrong, any combination of Exotic Weapon Master and Bloodstorm Blade that has at least two Bloodstorm Blade levels is good and gives different benefits, but I'll stand by making the first 5 levels Warblade/Wolf Totem Barbarian 2/Warblade +2 unless you need Combat Expertise for anything else

compared to your version with fighter: 3 more HP, 10 more skill points and either Mountain Rage 1/day or normal rage 1/day and fast movement, no Combat Expertise and the ability to make INT something of a dump stat
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2008-03-16 at 02:57 PM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Xavius, what are you looking for? a level 20 build?
    Do you want him to stick with a bow and arrow or would something like throwing axes be ok?
    1. Read the green text, it says level 1. Of course, if you think you can build a level 20, you can do that, too.

2. No, bow/arrow was the kind I was looking for.

14. - Top - End - #884

Sorry, Xavius; missed that; and it seemed you had most things figured out; I think this in the missing pieces.

STR 16
    DEX 16
    CON 16
    INT 8
    WIS 10
    CHA 8
    Feat: Point Blank Shot
    Favored Environment: forest
    Your favorite armor and bow that you can afford.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, Xavius; missed that; and it seemed you had most things figured out; I think this in the missing pieces.

STR 16
    DEX 16
    CON 16
    INT 8
    WIS 10
    CHA 8
    Feat: Point Blank Shot
    Favored Environment: forest
    Your favorite armor and bow that you can afford.
    Good, but any ideas about what skills to choose, and such? Detail is appreciated.

Otherwise, I thank you for your efforts.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello people, how are you?
    One of my mates needs a challenge rating 24 Balor for his session, but I seem to have misplaced my pdf dvd.
    Would you be so kind as to make the conversion from 20 to 24 and write the stats here?
    Exquizite avatars by Thecrimsonmage, Caracol, Threeshades, Abardam, Lu Yan, Z-Axis, Sneak, Dr.Bath and CrimsonAngel!
    Thank you so much for all your help!!!

17. - Top - End - #887
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

eek Re: Character Builder Thread

Hey all, I realize this will be a bit of an unusual request but its sorely needed and any help will be great appreciated.

In this group we have three 5th lvl characters, a Human Crusader, a Gnome Beguiler and an Elan Wilder

Now as the Crusader I came up incredibly lucky with my stats in creation and used a few cafelully chosesn flaws to gain some needed feats to better play.
    The problem is we have the wizard who has taken offense to this chracter and the fact that our alignment dont ..well align and has a habit of picking incredibly retarded spells for encounters (like walking into a high level enemy wizards guild with 5 Rays of Stupidity,glitterdust, and levitate) and calling it roleplaying. He wont stop pettily critiquing me or my character and as such Ive decided to have my crusader leave the group if it continues and rolling up a character that is just as ineffective.

I know this is a little petty as well but my DM has approved as he has noticed the trend.

Q.1. Could you please build me a 5th level horriffically ineffective chracter (caster/melee/rogue..whatever you can really come up with)?
    Books: I can use Core + Any Complete book (Barring Dragon Magic) + PHBII + MM I-IV
    Race: Any with a level adjustment of +3 or less
    Class: I prefer melee, but it’s not a requirement
    Ability Scores: 9,11,8,14,14,12 (apply as needed)
    Alignment: Any non-evil, but I dont play LG well
    House Rules: Anything goes, as long as its not related to Dragons
    Concept: Something that looks good on paper, but has no real place in combat
    Other: This party already has an arcane caster and a wilder psion

18. - Top - End - #888

Swashbuckler 2/Fighter 3

STR: 14 DEX 14 CON: 12 INT: 11 WIS:8 CHA:8

blatant suck, but not quite Samurai obvious
    Last edited by Dode; 2008-03-20 at 01:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #889

Devil

Hey, back to basics here. I never really got the hang of designing/playing spellcasters, so I figure, better late than never, right?

What I want is a witch archetype (traditional stereotype, not modern Wicca). The setting's vague but druid-based, with most gods have dual (and competing) aspects. I got the DM to go along with the notion of Death as a true-neutral deity split around a body/spirit dualism, with the former side having to do with corpses, decay, etc, and the latter having to do with spirits, the afterlife, and so on. My character gained magical power through bartering with the servants of Death (body side). She isn't a priest or servant herself. Not a librarian, just someone with a library card. Anyhow, all that's characterization, not mechanics.

In stat terms, I'm thinking of a wizard (I'm partial to halfling wizard, at the moment, odd as that sounds.... but really, +1 to all saves and +2 to AC (size and dex) is nothing for a wizard to sneer at) with a specialization in necromancy and a raven familiar personifying her bargain or acting as broker/enforcer. I'm not too attached to that, though; if this can be done better with a sorceror, or even a druid, I'm not picky. (I can't see her in armor, though, so cleric's likely out.) She's not EVIL, just subtle and macabre. The important thing is the power theme: Save or suck/die spells are primary, and buffs low on the agenda. Less flashy-blasty-overwhelming-power stuff; flaming sphere, while very nice, wouldn't have a place in her repetoire. Also, I'd need staying power or alternatives to casting; I've got a dark feeling that we'll be up against numerous encounters that'll tax my number of spells.

Anyhow, the formal request:

Q1: I'd like a 2nd level wizard with step-by-step progression through 7th level.
    Books: Core only.
    Race: PH only. Halfling prefered, but others possible.
    Class: Wizard preferred, but others possible. Possible Necromancy specialization.
    Ability Scores: 30 point buy.
    Allignment: Non-evil. TN prefered. No casting-turns-you-evil spells, please.
    Concept: Stereotypical witch with ties to god of Death and possibly a raven familiar/animal companion/whatever. Heavy on save-or-suck/die spells (curses and hexes) light on flashy evocations and buffs, but there's room for those too.
    Other: Combat tactics for each level would be nice.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'd like some help with designing/ playing a Beguiler.
    Guy (It's pronounced "gi") the Beguiler
    Level 7, Human
    Alignment: CN/CG (haven't quite nailed it down yet)
    Stats: S10, D16, C12, I19, W14, CH15
    I'd like recommendations for:
    • Feats
    • Skills
    • Equipment (nonmagical)
    • One magical item (My DM is only allowing one item at char. creation)

Also, advice for beguiler tactics / most useful spells / handy tricks
    Background:
    Our campaign is set in an area entirely dominated by monstrous races. The other characters in the party are a Bugbear fighter and a Lizardman druid. Guy's backstory is growing up a slave (probably of Ogres) and escaping after manifesting magical ability.
    I envision the character to have few, if any, friends he trusts, though he can pass himself off as an amiable fellow.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Howdy, ya'll.

A friend of mine has recently said he's going to buy Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk as a "last hurrah" one shot campaign for 3.5.

I want to play a rogue. But the challenge part of it... I want it to be Core Only. Completely. I don't know the point buy yet (the details of the campaign have not be given)...

I'd like some advice on a core only rogue, including items (core only) at wealth by level if possible.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eorran View Post
    I'd like some help with designing/ playing a Beguiler.
    Guy (It's pronounced "gi") the Beguiler
    Level 7, Human
    Alignment: CN/CG (haven't quite nailed it down yet)
    Stats: S10, D16, C12, I19, W14, CH15
    I'd like recommendations for:
    • Feats
    • Skills
    • Equipment (nonmagical)
    • One magical item (My DM is only allowing one item at char. creation)

Also, advice for beguiler tactics / most useful spells / handy tricks
    Background:
    Our campaign is set in an area entirely dominated by monstrous races. The other characters in the party are a Bugbear fighter and a Lizardman druid. Guy's backstory is growing up a slave (probably of Ogres) and escaping after manifesting magical ability.
    I envision the character to have few, if any, friends he trusts, though he can pass himself off as an amiable fellow.
    Hmm, I'd consider a one level dip into mindbender if possible. That will allow that 100' telepathy at will. Other than that... a beguiler is pretty well built as is... Lots of skills, lots of spells... As for your ONE magic item... Headband of Intellect may be your best bet.. more skills, higher DC. (You could also get the feat that lets you use your INT for disable device/open lock... not sure of the name)

23. - Top - End - #893
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Sam...one core rogue build i've thought about building...

Rogue 3, wizard 2, Assassin 5, Arcane trickster 10

Gets you full assassin casting, 7 levels of wizard casting, 10d6 sneak attack, 11/6/1 BAB (the worst part of the build), great reflex and will saves, and some pretty sweet abilities (evasion, greater uncanny dodge, ranged legerdemain), as well as good skills. Unfortunately, you have to be evil to use this build (damn assassin).

Of course, the melee abilities are not the greatest due to low BAB and crappy hit die, but the spell casting makes up for a lot of that.

If you want, I can try to come up with a level by level progression.
    Last edited by Josiah30; 2008-03-24 at 04:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

I dont know the exact details of the campaign, so I dont know if I can be evil... but I would like to see what your ideas are :)

25. - Top - End - #895
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Race: Gray Elf (+2 int, dex, -2 str, con)

Assuming you go with 32 point buy (for the fun of it)
    Starting stats:
    Ability Score (Point cost)
    Str 12 (6)
    Dex 17 (8)
    Con 12 (6)
    Int 18 (10)
    Wis 12 (4)
    Cha 10 (2)

Race: Gray Elf (+2 int, dex, -2 str, con)

Level -- Class -- BAB -- Caster Levels -- Total Skill points -- Feat/Ability Score

1 -- Rogue -- 0 -- 0 -- 48, Point Blank Shot
    2 -- Rogue -- 1 -- 0 -- 60
    3 -- Wizard (Illusionist, Drop evocation and enchantment) -- 1 -- 1 (wiz) -- 66 -- Rapid Shot
    4 -- Wizard -- 2 -- 2 (wiz) -- 72 -- +1 Dex
    5 -- Rogue -- 3 -- 2 (wiz) -- 84
    6 -- Assassin -- 3 -- 2 (wiz) 1 (ass) -- 92 -- Precise Shot
    7 -- Assassin -- 4 -- 2/2 -- 100
    8 -- Assassin -- 5 -- 2/3 -- 108 -- +1 Dex
    9 -- Assassin -- 6/1 -- 2/4 -- 116 -- Weapon Focus Composite Longbow
    10 -- Assassin -- 6/1 -- 2/5 -- 124
    11 -- Arcane Trickster -- 6/1 -- 2/6 -- 132
    12 -- A.T. -- 7/2 -- 2/7 -- 140 -- +1 Dex -- Many Shot
    13 -- A.T. -- 7/2 -- 2/8 -- 148
    14 -- A.T. -- 8/3 -- 2/9 -- 156
    15 -- A.T. -- 8/3 -- 2/10 -- 164 -- Improved Critical Composite Longbow
    16 -- A.T. -- 9/4 -- 3/10 -- 172 -- +1 Dex
    17 -- A.T. -- 9/4 -- 4/10 -- 180
    18 -- A.T. -- 10/5 -- 5/10 -- 188 -- Combat Expertise
    19 -- A.T. -- 10/5 -- 6/10 -- 196
    20 -- A.T. -- 11/6 -- 7/10 -- 204 -- +1 Dex

You end up with:
    Elf racial traits
    12d4 + 8d6 + 20 HP
    22 Base Dex score
    5/14/12 Base Saves
    +2 to saves against poison
    10d6 Sneak attack
    Trap Sense +1
    Scribe Scroll
    Summon Familiar
    Poison Use
    Full Assassin Spells
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Evasion
    Death Attack
    4th Level Wizard spells
    Impromptu Sneak Attack 2/day
    Ranged Legerdemain 3/day

Enough time spent on this for now...I'll possibly do wealth/items later if you are still interested, though I'll probably only do once every 5 levels instead of every level :)

26. - Top - End - #896
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Trying to create a Big Bad Evil Dude for a campaign I'm running.

So far I've decided on level 20, gestalt. One side being a full progression of Dread Necromancer from heroes of horror. The other side will be a combat focused class, with the Death Knight template. I am having a hard time coming up with an appropriate class though. One thought is to have him be a ranger with favored enemy (human) as almost all the party is human, and he is the high priest of a dead necromantic god...who may or may not be resurrected depending on how fast the party manages to move. Another thought is duskblade, and allow him to channel his touch attacks through his weapon.

Anyway...any ideas on what would fit as a combat capable lich, death knight, high priest?
    Last edited by Josiah30; 2008-03-25 at 07:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897

I'm not too familiar with Dread Necromancer (read a bit of the handbook), so this is just general thoughts. I tend to like the ToB classes for the melee halves of gestalt. Crusader would probably best fit for the CHA synergy and he can use white raven maneuvers to direct his hordes of undead where they'll be most effective. Possibly also a version of devoted spirit, but you might have to change the healing maneuvers to harming maneuvers so they heal you and the other undead. If you're ignoring xp penalties or are human, two levels of unarmed swordsage and then ascetic mage feat might also help. (and/Or wilder for elude touch, but that may be a few too many random base classes).

Anyway, if I can come up with something more concrete, I will.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Actually, having looked at the white raven manuevers...they are pretty much perfect. I think I will go with a slightly reduced power version of the Death Knight (remove the damage reduction, touch attack, abyssal blast, since the dread necromancer half gets it anyway) and go with 17 levels of warblade :)
    Last edited by Josiah30; 2008-03-26 at 11:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Two words: exalted goblin.

I'm making a goblin Apostle of Peace (heal/charisma stuff for the most part, with a few win buttons), but am having trouble with some of the details. What I have so far is seven levels of Cloistered Cleric followed by ten of Apostle, but I'm uncertain about after that (we'll be going into epic levels, so take it to 30 or so if you can). Also, I'm terrible with feats, so I need ideas for what to do there, especially for the bonus exalted feats (I'm taking Sacred Vow and Vows of Poverty/Nonviolence/Peace at level 1 with two flaws). Finally, a name. I have never once come up with a good name, and in this case I'm looking for something that sounds really holy and exalted and stuff while still being a little goblinish.

a. Books: Any, as far as I know
    b. Race: Goblin (the real one)
    c. Class: Cloistered Cleric 7/Apostle of Peace 10/Something else
    d. Ability Scores: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 17, Cha 18
    e. Alignment: NG
    f. House Rules: None
    g. Concept: Speaks for itself
    h. Other: One of the party members is undead, so avoid giant bursts of positive energy.
    Last edited by monty; 2008-03-26 at 05:19 PM.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

30. - Top - End - #900

From scratch character lvl 7

PH3 only any internet site
    Drow