New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1767
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Q. 2165

(Hi again, all!)

I'm DMing a solo game at the moment and my player and I both love Tales of Symphonia, so when he requested that the next DMPC he works with be Lloyd from that game I was happy to oblige, but after looking at the classes available I decided Warblade was the best match and I've never even read the Tome of Battle before today, so I'd be really grateful for some help with the build.

I need a level 5 Chaotic Good human Warblade that fights with two katana or the nearest equivalent (I can homebrew a katana if need be) and has average or low intelligence. If possible I'd really like his manuvers and stances to rememble the moves Lloyd has in Tales of Symphonia but that may not be possible, especially if no-one here has played it. xD

The stat array I chose is 16/16/16/10/10/12, (after racial adjustments, boost went to Dex) but that arrangement could be changed if it's too poor.

Any books are allowed in the game.

Relevant house rules;

Spoiler
    Show

Humans get +2 Int and -2 Wis instead of getting bonus skill points. They still get their bonus feat.

1. Your Hit Dice always give maximum HP.

2. Healing spells that restore HP give double the HP shown (1d8+1 becomes 2d8+2, etc).

3. There is no massive damage rule.

4. You die at the half the additive inverse of your HP. If your HP is x you die at 0.5*-x.

5. Player characters get a bonus feat at level 1.

11. There are no class alignment restrictions.

13. There is no multiclassing penalty.

15. Character flaws and traits are not allowed.

18. Fighters get their bonus feats at the following class levels; 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, and 20.

20. When a character gains a permanent Intelligence increase he gains skill points retroactively. He gains appropriate skill points for all of his character levels rather than just for current and future levels. For example a wizard who begins play with 17 Intelligence and uses his 4th level ability boost to increase his score to 18 immediately gains seven skill points rather than just one. Remember that items which boost ability modifiers do not give extra skill points/hit points, etc.

The setting is largely tropical ocean, but the game so far is on a large island. The upcoming story arc will have a dread necromancer who likes to fight in melee with loads of magical items as the villain and undead as the main foes.

Weath-by-level has gone out of the window in the game, whatever items this build might need are fine as long as there's nothing overpowering.

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Remember that items which boost ability modifiers do not give extra skill points/hit points, etc.

By RAW, they DO boost hit-points. Even Rage Con increase boosts hit-points.

3. - Top - End - #1533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Os1ris09 View Post
    What augment crystal or "widget" (dont know what those are) would give you a permanent enchantment bonus that stacks with the current one. It seems I those items could not exist because an enchantment bonus's price is relative to the current enchantment bonus the item is at.

For example a +1 weapon to get the ghost touch enchantment would cost a 6,000gp increase where as a +2 weapon would with the same enchantment would cost 10,000gp increase.
    "Widget" is a general term for a Wondrous Item, and "Lesser Weapon Augmentation" is a 2nd-level Artificer infusion. The enchantment isn't permanent, but it would be 2/day for 10 minutes per caster level. It's not without its drawbacks, but it does indeed exist.

Weapon Augment crystals also exist. They're in the Magic Item compendium, and can be found on the Wizards site. (My copy/paste seems to be malfunctioning, I'll be back on in a moment to give the link).

4. - Top - End - #1534
    Titan in the Playground

Here we go.

Relevant to Ghost Touch weapons:

Quote Originally Posted by The Spoooooky Wizards
    A +1 ghost touch bastard sword, for example, is a big commitment; a truedeath crystal (detailed below), however, is a small item that can be affixed to a weapon only when needed. If your campaign is undead heavy, the truedeath crystal might see a lot of use, but if encounters with undead wane in frequency, the truedeath crystal can be traded for a more appropriate augment crystal. This allows characters to add practical qualities to their favored weapons, without committing to items that could prove relatively useless over a large number of encounters...

Truedeath Crystal
    Price (Item Level): 1,000 gp (4th) (least); 5,000 gp (9th) (lesser); 10,000 gp (12th) (greater)
    Body Slot: -- (weapon crystal)
    Caster Level: 5th
    Aura: Faint; (DC 17) evocation
    Activation: --
    Weight: --

This amethyst is carved in the shape of a humanoid skull.

Clerics craft truedeath crystals to aid themselves and others in sending undead to their final rest.

Least: A weapon with this crystal attached deals an extra 1d6 points of damage to undead.
    Lesser: As the least crystal, and the weapon also functions as a ghost touch weapon (DMG 224).
    Greater: As the lesser crystal, and the weapon can deliver sneak attacks and critical hits against undead as if they were living creatures.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, consecrate.

Cost to Create: 500 gp, 40 XP, 1 day (least); 2,500 gp, 200 XP, 5 days (lesser); 5,000 gp, 400 XP, 10 days (greater)

Truedeath crystals are valuable to characters at all levels of play. At low levels, the least truedeath crystal provides a much needed damage bonus against undead menaces. At medium levels, the lesser version of the crystal can be added to a favorite magic weapon when incorporeal undead are encountered. For high-level rogues, ninjas, scouts and other characters whose worst nightmares include their inability to combat undead, the greater crystal is a tremendous boon. It allows these characters to harm undead with sneak attacks, sudden strikes, skirmishes--and of course critical hits!
    So for a flat 5,000 fee you can make any weapon Ghost Touch.

5. - Top - End - #1535
    Banned

Chimera

wow is there a crystal that does that with constructs?

6. - Top - End - #1536
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Ya its in the MIC but I warn you. Last time we used crystols we kind of pissed off the DM. LOL we power gamed the crystal thing so much that he banned that you could take them out. So basically all I have is a true death crystal in two weapons (ugh ). They're helpful but really overpowered if used right
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"
    Player: "I'm preparing Teleport twice each day."
    DM: "...and there goes the tension by the window"

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Ranger (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores
    Strength: 15
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 16
    Intelligence: 16
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 14

7. - Top - End - #1537
    Titan in the Playground

The vs. construct item is called a Demolition Crystal. It's actually a bit cheaper than the Truedeath crystal.

8. - Top - End - #1538
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

So, I'm planning to join a campaign which will head up into the epic levels in the future - it's actually a continuation of an old game, where the other PCs promised my character they would help her claim the title of Matron Mother of her house in the drow city of Zzai'ke. I now need to rebuild the character, with the intention of being able to take and give at least a couple hits in melee, but mostly centered on two things spell-wise: affecting the minds of her targets (fear is preferable to charm, by the way) or dealing a lot of damage against them if they are resistant to that.

Books: Any of the 3.5 edition rulebooks except the Book of Vile Darkness.
    Race: Drow (DM said to ignore the +2 ECL)
    Class: I was thinking Warlock/Mindbender (both from the Complete Arcane)
    Level: Total level 20
    Ability Scores: 11, 13, 14, 15, 15, 16 were my rolls before adding racial/level bonuses. (Please note where the level bonuses went because I'll need to tell the DM)
    Alignment: NE
    Concept: Shri'lin has a serious superiority complex, but is more controlled than other drow when it comes to dealing with the inferior races. She is willing and able to work in a group as an equal if it serves her purposes. She is intelligent and a little paranoid, and tries to prepare for any attack, whether magical or physical (especially the latter, since her SR31 will probably take care of most spell effects she is faced with)

Note: Suggestions on good magic items for her would be appreciated as well, but she won't be using any items out of Drow of the Underdark. Another note: Abilities focused around followers of Lolth are off-limits to her, as she has abandoned the spider-goddess in favor of Asmodeus.

9. - Top - End - #1539
    Banned

I need a 1st level Feral Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale build

Here's a link: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Anthrop...ptimized_Build)

10. - Top - End - #1540
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    I need a 1st level Feral Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale build

Here's a link: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Anthrop...ptimized_Build)
    Feral is +1 la and anthropomorphic baleen whale is 3 rhd (monstrous humanoid -- very weak), so a first level character is ECL 5. The ability modifiers are STR: +12, DEX: +4, CON: +8, INT: -4, WIS: +6, CHA: 0. The natural weapons are a d4 tail slap and a pair of 2d6 claws. The creature is also large, and has improved grab.

The three racial hit dice convey two feats. One of these should be multi-attack, to use those claws effectively. I can't find anything really great for the other, so I guess take power attack since everyone wants it, even if you won't be using two-handed weapons. Take Improved Natural Weapon as your third feat, once you have +4 BAB, and get those claws dealing 3d6.

The size and strength, suggest a grappler, but there isn't much to build. Just grapple away. It seems a shame to let that wisdom go to waste, but neither spellcasting nor psionics fares well with four levels lost. Psychic Warrior is an option -- expansion would be a beautiful thing here and it mostly plays like a fighter. I think I prefer Swordsage. The Stone Dragon path will do wonders with that strength, and, unlike psionics, you won't start terribly behind. ToB is unclear on how RHD and LA effect initiator level. If the former counts and the latter does not, which seems to be implied, take a level of something else first. Barbarian is probably a good choice here.

11. - Top - End - #1541
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a question, looking for PrC's, feats and ideas.
    lvl 12 charakter being built. 11 levels of Paladin, 10 traded to Black Guard.
    What next? What do you do for lvl 12 and up?
    Originally Posted by lavidor10
    Who knows what you were thinking when your sword cut through
    The wise old man on the throne of blue.
    Now you have fallen, and destroyed a gate too,
    But as you have found, in Azure City, throne cleaves you.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Vaelatar sponsored by Vael the awesome avatartist

12. - Top - End - #1542

ThorFluff:

Do you have a focus for the character? Is he a subtle assassin? A tyrant with an army? A champion of the lower planes in open battle? A treacherous politician, still claiming membership in his old paladin order?

Also, do you have stats? Or a method for generating them?

13. - Top - End - #1543
    Dwarf in the Playground

A) The world does not have clear cut alignment. Smite works against, at the time of charakter creation, predetermined organistations. Unbelivers that is :P
    B) Sly Politician, Will want to have both Leadership and Landlord as feats.
    C) I rolled the stats, under the nose of my GM, and they're one of the reasons i want to play such a MAD character. I rolled, 18,17,17,16,15,14

I might as well ask, What feats do i select up until that point?
    Originally Posted by lavidor10
    Who knows what you were thinking when your sword cut through
    The wise old man on the throne of blue.
    Now you have fallen, and destroyed a gate too,
    But as you have found, in Azure City, throne cleaves you.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Vaelatar sponsored by Vael the awesome avatartist

14. - Top - End - #1544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    So, I'm planning to join a campaign which will head up into the epic levels in the future - it's actually a continuation of an old game, where the other PCs promised my character they would help her claim the title of Matron Mother of her house in the drow city of Zzai'ke. I now need to rebuild the character, with the intention of being able to take and give at least a couple hits in melee, but mostly centered on two things spell-wise: affecting the minds of her targets (fear is preferable to charm, by the way) or dealing a lot of damage against them if they are resistant to that.

Books: Any of the 3.5 edition rulebooks except the Book of Vile Darkness.
    Race: Drow (DM said to ignore the +2 ECL)
    Class: I was thinking Warlock/Mindbender (both from the Complete Arcane)
    Level: Total level 20
    Ability Scores: 11, 13, 14, 15, 15, 16 were my rolls before adding racial/level bonuses. (Please note where the level bonuses went because I'll need to tell the DM)
    Alignment: NE
    Concept: Shri'lin has a serious superiority complex, but is more controlled than other drow when it comes to dealing with the inferior races. She is willing and able to work in a group as an equal if it serves her purposes. She is intelligent and a little paranoid, and tries to prepare for any attack, whether magical or physical (especially the latter, since her SR31 will probably take care of most spell effects she is faced with)

Note: Suggestions on good magic items for her would be appreciated as well, but she won't be using any items out of Drow of the Underdark. Another note: Abilities focused around followers of Lolth are off-limits to her, as she has abandoned the spider-goddess in favor of Asmodeus.
    This is a very tricky one. First of all, there aren't all that many abilities that give you bonuses to fear. Most of the feats having to do with fear are centered on avoiding it, not inflicting it. That said, there are a few - Frightful Presence, Daunting Presence, Fell Frighten (metamagic), Haunting Melody, Intimidating Strike, Resounding Blow, and Kiai Shout. Several of these are melee-centered.

Most of the PrC's that have anything to do with Fear are melee-only (Avenging Executioner, Scarlet Corsair, etc). If you're allowed to use Dragon Magazine sources (and I realize that you probably won't be able to), the Harbinger class (basically a nega-Bard that gets Instill Fear instead of Inspire Courage) could be a possibility. Otherwise, it would probably be best just to work on a class that focuses on mind-affecting effects. Bard, Beguiler, or Enchantment-focused Wizard would be best for that.

Warlock/Mindbender would work too, but bear in mind that Mindbender is only a half-casting PrC. You'll also lose out on a little bit of the warlock's Eldritch Blast progression and any of the other class abilities. I'd call that PrC a 1-3 level dip at most.

15. - Top - End - #1545

Sly politics is mostly a matter of skills. Probably the best class for it is spymaster. That provides lots of bonuses to deception in all forms, including defenses against divinitive magic. You might need a level in rogue to make the prereqs. Other classic options include straight rogue (which stacks with your existing sneak attack), bard (which makes good use of your charisma), beguiler (which provides useful casting, but still nowhere near what someone who'd started as a spellcaster would have) and factotum (no special synergy, but lots of skillful goodness).

Another powerful maybe-option would be to try to progress your blackguard casting. By RAW you can't, but it would make sense, so your DM might allow it with the right prestige class (black flame zealot perhaps). That would get you something close to full casting, which is always good in a high-level game.

16. - Top - End - #1546
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

3.5 Elistree, what are her domains for clerics? If you just had core books, as opposed to PGFR, what would you say her 4 base domains would be?

17. - Top - End - #1547
    Ogre in the Playground

Level 1 Dragonborn Fighter (4e), stats 18/18/16/16/16/15 (and thats before the racial stat increases, I rolled high :D).

Core books only, I'm afraid.

He's going to be wielding a two-handed weapon, and be more of a damager, but I'd like to be able to do some defending if the situation goes to hell.

First couple levels of power/feat selection would be fantastic as well. Cheers all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

18. - Top - End - #1548
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Level 1 Dragonborn Fighter (4e), stats 18/18/16/16/16/15 (and thats before the racial stat increases, I rolled high :D).

Core books only, I'm afraid.

He's going to be wielding a two-handed weapon, and be more of a damager, but I'd like to be able to do some defending if the situation goes to hell.

First couple levels of power/feat selection would be fantastic as well. Cheers all!
    Get Cleave and Reaping Strike for your at-wills. Place your 18s in Strength and Constitution... actually, just fill in your stats down the sheet as is. You'll do fine. Your first feat should probably be Potent Challenge (PHB 197). With 20 Strength at first level, you're in a perfect position to use a Greataxe rather than a Greatsword. Scale armor is the best armor for you to use, unless you want to spend one of your feats on Plate. At level 2, however, I'd recommend picking Weapon Focus (Axe) as your feat.

Villain's Menace is probably the best level 1 Fighter daily in core, although Brute Strike has the nice Reliable keyword. Steel Serpent Strike locks down a target pretty handily, though you probably should pick Covering Attack if you've got a Rogue to flank with you.

At level 2, you've got several choices. Boundless Endurance and Unstoppable are especially useful if you don't have a primary-class Leader, and No Opening will let you prevent flanking opponents from having an advantage over you. Can't say much about Get Over Here.

At level 3, you'll want either Crushing Blow for its damage output against a single target, or Sweeping Blow if you find yourself surrounded frequently.

At level 4, improving your Strength is a must, and you should improve either your Constitution (for HP and axe-related effects) or your Wisdom (for Will defense and Combat Superiority). You've got another feat, so I'd pick Powerful Charge or Enlarged Dragon Breath. You could easily pick up any of the multiclass feats if you wanted, though. Warlord, Cleric, and Paladin are the most attractive multiclasses for a Great Weapon Fighter.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2009-03-14 at 10:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1549

smile Re: Character Builder Thread

okay so i don't know how many of you have seen the druid preview for fourth edition, but for those of you that have i need some advice:
    i have a first level at-will power that lets me, on a charge, force the target to provide combat advantage until my next turn, i was wondering if it is worth getting the rouge multi-class feat and then backstabber or some other combination of feats suited for a fifth level human with these stats and feats; str: 9, con: 15, dex: 16, int: 8, wis: 18, cha: 8, ritual casting, toughness, wild senses (+3 to initiative and the ability to re-role tracking checks.)
    thanks.
    Skaldlands OOC
    Skaldlands IC

dope avatar Lomp, the Horse by Honest Tiefling

20. - Top - End - #1550
    Orc in the Playground

I just recently thought of a random 10th lvl character build for a campaign using 32-point buy for stats. The basic premise is a sneaky gish-lite, wand user that uses his size to his advantage. The build is at lvl 10 right now, but this campaign will likely progress very rapidly, so I'm planning it up to level 20.

Here's what I have so far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Race: Whisper Gnome
    Class: Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 3/ Suel Arcanamach 1/ Abjurant Champion 2
    Likely progression: Abjurant Champion 3/ Suel Arcanamach 3/ Rogue 4

Stats: Str 8 Dex 16 Con 16 Int 16 Wis 8 Cha 15

Items:
    +1 Keen Enfeebling Rapier (18300gp)
    +2 Mithral Breastplate (8350gp)

Wands:
    0th lvl:
    Wand of Acid Splash / Ray of Frost/ Electric Jolt/ Acid Splash (w/ Fire energy substitution metamagic)
    i.e. 4 lvl 0 wands

1st lvl:
    Wand of:
    Shield
    Fist of Stone (Spell Compendium p94)
    Enlarge Person
    Ray of Clumsiness (SpC 166)
    Detect Secret Doors
    Lesser Vigor (SpC 229)

2nd lvl:
    Wand of:
    Ray of Stupidity (SpC 167)
    Split Ray Energy Sub (Acid) Ray of Frost

Wand Bracer (300gp, Dungeonscape p30)
    Wand Chamber (100gp, Dungeonscape p30)
    Heward's Handy Haversack
    Masterwork Thieves' tools + Masterwork Tools (for UMD)

Feats:
    Lvl 1: Iron Will, Dodge (Flaw), Titan Fighting (Flaw, RoS 145)
    Lvl 3: Combat Casting
    Lvl 6: Daring Outlaw
    Lvl 9: Underfoot Combat (RoTW 152)

Flaws:
    Vulnerable (-1 to AC)
    Inattentive (-4 to Listen and Spot)

Spells:
    1st lvl:
    Shield
    Nerveskitter (SpC 146)

2nd lvl:
    Invisibility
    Mirror Image

Right now, I have access to 2 lvl 1 and 2 lvl 2 spells from the Abjuration, Divination, Illusion and Transmutation schools. I didn't pick Alter Self because I don't want to abuse it (and also I'd like to avoid bookkeeping).
    I have this character set on advancing to level 16, where he gets access to lvl 5 spells, a Caster Level of 14 (his BAB) and a bunch of other goodies, including the ability to quadruple the duration of abjuration spells.

What I'd like some advice on is feat choices past level 12 (which is going to be Confound the Big Folk from Races of the Wild) and possibly an alternative to the last 4 Rogue levels. Suggestions for items and/or spells would also be much appreciated.

Just to clear up a few things: I'd prefer no template and/or LA > 0 Races (though picking the Whisper Gnome is a sure sign of powergaming, I don't want to go further than that). Homebrew is a touchy subject, because a few players in the group have an unhealthy aversion towards it, and though I find it silly, I want to make this as rules-legal as possible. Not trying to overoptimize it, I'd just like something that would be fun to play with.

Thanks in advance!

21. - Top - End - #1551

It seems to me that this character would really like to take 10 on UMD checks. I think the cheapest way to get this is with an exemplar dip (one level and a skill focus feat). A second level in exemplar (for share talent) might be worthwhile. Other options include the tenth level of rogue or the fourth of warlock.

Also, taking combat casting before obtaining any spell-casting is somewhat sketchy (though RAW permits it).

22. - Top - End - #1552
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    It seems to me that this character would really like to take 10 on UMD checks. I think the cheapest way to get this is with an exemplar dip (one level and a skill focus feat). A second level in exemplar (for share talent) might be worthwhile. Other options include the tenth level of rogue or the fourth of warlock.
    I don't think Exemplars can take Skill Mastery for UMD, and I know rogues can't. UMD explicitly doesn't allow taking 10; warlock and artificer are exceptions to that.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

23. - Top - End - #1553
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi,

I'm looking to build a character for a 3.5e "Stormwrack" style campaign that will be starting soon. I was thinking of playing some sort of bard/stormsinger combo focusing on picking weather spells for the fluff and was looking for help optimising the character from level 1-20.

I'm grateful for any help people can offer.

24. - Top - End - #1554

HalflingRangerGuy

HEY GITP I am in rush time. I got 10 hours to make a very good charger/tripper build with a dwarf as the bace race to take deepwarden but with no cheese. Here is what I have right now.

Dwarf Barbarian (wolf Totem) 2/ Figher 2/ Barbarian 3/ Deepwarden2/ Barbarian X (LVL 30 Campaign)
    Feats:
    1st: EWP Spiked Chain
    2nd: Improved Trip
    3rd: Power Attack
    3rd: Combat Reflex's
    4th: Cleave
    5th: Track
    6th: Endurance
    9th: Steadfast Determination
    12th: Instantaneous Rage
    15th: Robilars Gambit
    18th: Leap Attack
    21st: Shock Trooper

Any help would be appreciated. Restrictments:
    -NO TOB
    -Core Race's Only
    -3.5 campaign
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "And now you descend into the mazelike tunnels, where no light save for what magic you bring will illuminate your path, as you search for-"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores

25. - Top - End - #1555

Whirlwind attack and improved whirlwind attack would do well here. The prerequisites (CE, dodge, mobility, spring attack) are a bit of a pain. Except for dodge, those are all useful, though. You could use a bunch of fighter levels to get them. There aren't a lot of class features for barbarian beyond level 20, so you're not sacrificing a lot.

If you're doing the leap attack thing, you'll probably want Dire Charge too.

26. - Top - End - #1556
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, got an idea in my head to play a two-weapon fighter from a nomadic plains culture. Think of a cross between the Bedouin (for the scimitars) and American Indians (at least in terms of the Plains culture). I know two handers are really more effective but I'm still stuck on the idea of a dual wielding scimitars. With that in mind I am think of a scout/dervish. My question is what feats or class dips should I consider? What proportions of scout to dervish (or others)? Tactics? Equipment? Thinking of the catfolk race but is there another race i should consider? Bloodlines? Starting at level 3 but always wise to look toward the future.
    I came. I saw. I freaked. I fled.

27. - Top - End - #1557

Quote Originally Posted by Valentyne View Post
    Ok, got an idea in my head to play a two-weapon fighter from a nomadic plains culture. Think of a cross between the Bedouin (for the scimitars) and American Indians (at least in terms of the Plains culture). I know two handers are really more effective but I'm still stuck on the idea of a dual wielding scimitars. With that in mind I am think of a scout/dervish. My question is what feats or class dips should I consider? What proportions of scout to dervish (or others)? Tactics? Equipment? Thinking of the catfolk race but is there another race i should consider? Bloodlines? Starting at level 3 but always wise to look toward the future.
    If you have the relevant books (Complete Scoundrel I think) I'd go with a swift hunter build: Ranger 2/Scout 4/Dervish X. You gain BAB, Saves, 2 favorite enemies that you can apply skirmish damage to and keep the skirmish of a 6th level scout. Ranger also provides the Two weapon fighting requirement. If you have races of the wild take Expeditious Dodge that can replace dodge as a prerequisite and would be more useful to you. Improved Skirmish is also a must and I find that Travel Devotion is useful for all Skirmish builds (although it would be much better if you could find a way to get Turn Undead). Maybe you can talk your DM into allowing you to take the Extra Turning feat and apply it to the devotion.
    I don't have time for a complete build now. Hope this helps.
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub

28. - Top - End - #1558

HalflingRangerGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ghlight=Ranger

There is a link to the almost the same build that was mentioned above. I needed help with a twf ranger and GITP set me up with the final build in the post and some similar equipment for you. Hope that forum helps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores

29. - Top - End - #1559

HalflingRangerGuy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ghlight=Ranger

There is a link to the almost the same build that was mentioned above. I needed help with a twf ranger and GITP set me up with the final build in the post and some similar equipment for you. Hope that forum helps.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores

30. - Top - End - #1560
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey, I would like to ask for some help building a sneak type character. I have only played wizards and would like to branch out. So if we could take him from level 1 to 16, complete with feats and equip. that would be great. DM is running a dungeon crawl almost straight hack/slash. Likes powerful characters without resorting to stinky cheese. This is also a PBP game. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Race: Human, (might have the shade subtype if DM allows)
    Class: Something sneaky...thinking about maybe leading into Lurk...dont know
    Stats: 40 point buy
    Gold: 260,000
    Feats: DM gives us 4 bonus feats.
    Books: DM allows any books. I only have access to PHB 1&2, Guide to Faerun, Complete Scoundrel, Psionics HB, Expanded Psionics, Complete Psionics, Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, Complete Warrior, and the Internet.
    Concept: Would like him to be the scout of the group, super sneaky, two weapon fighter on the finesse side of fighting.
    Other: High Will save is a must, either from classes or equip or both. DM likes to do things like Harpy's Call from inside a cave, then have BBEG wizard cast Prismatic wall in the cave's entrance. = bad things and new character. Also HP is max per level.