New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: In Character #2

Tagwe

Through power and force, did Liat seize the authority of the Mteule. That was the way authority was to be held, and he did it rightly. Of course, his entrance may have had a great deal to do with it. Coming to the threshold of Tagwe on a beast whose talons are as long as a man's arm is intimidating like that.
    About that. The desert animals, had pushed the Mteule borders back, but not enough where they lingered in the areas of Tagwe -- to go there was death for those not Mteule. The animals knew this, and had stayed out. To see a large, feathery shadow approaching was unusual. To hear the Cry of Approach from such a creature was unheard of. Liat set down the roc on the sands just beyond the gravel surrounding the cliffs, leaping off in a single bound, disappearing beneath the creature for a few moments, coming visible again dragging a harness. With a few words and a whistle, the massive wings spread again -- able to shade thirty men standing -- taking a few shallow strokes, driving up a small storm of loose sand and gravel, then it rose up and disappeared back in the direction it had come. Liat carried the harness over one shoulder, the other patting the hilt of the scimitar strapped to his side.

By the time he traversed the path to within Tagwe, the Hold had heard the news of his coming. They were prepared. Vargus himself waited within, standing on the hard earth with a carved staff at his side. With a steady eye, examining Liat, circling him, Vargus stood apart from those who were in Tagwe. When he was finished with his examination, he stood again in front of Liat, and raised the staff in the air. A single nod was all it took, and then he turned on his heel and went back to his work. Akhat had approved through his agent, and Liat was strong enough to hold the reins. That was what mattered.

Suffice to say, the ability to fly was something of great and fearful use to the Mteule. For a people that lived by how far they could walk before the light came to sear them again, the pure speed alone of a roc made it useful. It was not without problems, though. There were others in the sky who had a savage dislike of the rocs, and would dive at the chance to strike against them -- and never mind anyone who was on their backs. On its own, age for age a roc would be smaller, and only be able to hope to flee the encounter. With passengers commanding it... Less instinct led to deaths. Liat presented the problem to Divia, who had made her place among the northern seas of the desert. It was she that began developing the first glimmerings of the strategies necessary for fighting in the air, the one to analyze in-depth the combat capabilities of a roc. And in the east, Zalim spread his wings, and drew breath.

Vendigroth

It was considered a great breakthrough, the making of Maneraq. Once Omari had a chance to test the substance himself, it was but a short time before young Pytor had himself a seat on the Council. As the procedures to make the substance began to make their way around, several important things were discovered. Shaping how a given block of ice might come out was extraordinary difficult. As a result, it wasn't particularly easy to get what shapes were wanted, and since the substance was so difficult to work with with ordinary metals and stones, that meant it had to all be shaped by magic. That was another problem -- most weaves it just seemed to absorb; there was one very powerful spell that caused outward dispersements of the shards, subsequently quickly covered up.
    The spell finally hit upon that worked was not even requiring moderate power. It did, however, require extreme delicacy. Adding more power produced... problems. Some, it was found, could do it faster and cleaner than others. Why or how, there seemed to be no answer. It was not a function of time working with maneraq, or of raw personal power. With all these difficulties, it simply was not feasible to arm their forces with weapons of maneraq. A few sample pieces of armor and a few weapons were made -- they showed no signs of growing dull or dented -- but to make such a piece was a long, drawn out process, that not many could do. After long consideration, and several periods of a sequestered Council, the cutters went to work. The pieces they produced were large things, some as big as a normal house, and with no apparent purpose. Different shapes, different sizes, and all mysterious.

Aarken

The angels soon took up the ways of their creator, and began to play at music as well as weapons. They tried with harps, but the soft strummings did not seem to fit them. Their swords and armour were made to swing to different things than the pipings of a flute. What was settled upon, finally, was the sound of trumpets. The angels -- now organizing their ranks, not based on rank, but instead, trying to spread out the larger angels among the smaller, the more powerful among the less -- made sure that all the groupings had several to play music for them. These trumpets, of course, were more than just music; they could be turned, in times of need, to defense of the ranks as well. A blast on the trumpet should be enough to bring mortals to their knees -- several to send those devoted to evil to cowering or fleeing. Lord Akhat also brought forth others to serve in the assemblies, strong and cunning creatures. Where the angels were human. Oid. Well, they had human faces at least, even if they were a bit taller, and stronger, and winged, and glowing. Anyways, the next creatures that Akhat formed were different from all that -- they possessed traits not unlike the beasts of the world below. Some were thickly built creatures with paws to knock a head off, others had wings on which to fly, or horns on their head. These were the guardinals, not as warlike as the angels, but quick to stomp in the face of evil. From the ranks of the angels rose up one called Domiel, who came before Akhat to plead for his favor, and for things to allow them to strike against evil in the world. So Akhat raised up his hands, and called forth enchanted weapons and armor for the angels, called forth magic upon the guardinals, equipping them against evil. Furthermore, Akhat strove to craft a banner object for the assembling army.

From the great tree of Aarken, he requested a single of the lower branches, a thick brushy thing. That was painstakingly limbed by hands with a small knife, then stripped of the bark. The bare wood was next subjected to the desert heat, winds, and most importantly, sand. Thusly rendered smooth, it was cut down to length -- no small length, still more than twice the height of a man -- and the carving began. Intricate whorls and whirls along the length of the staff, on the top a strange figure emerged from the wood. When the etching was finished, again the wood was put to the desert, to wear away the edges. Only then, beautifully carved and worn, did Akhat take it to hand, and pour the power of divinity into the staff. In his hand, the shape flickered -- one moment he held a staff, the next a great sword, with a blade to make a solar hesitate, then a spear made for a giant, then a double-sided crescent, and back to the staff. Only now, tied along the top, and waving proudly back, was a great banner, headed by Akhat's symbols. This banner, Akhat offered to the Army, and it rode at the vanguard of the forces, calling on to the forces of good.

When the strange contraption came before Akhat, he read the lettere carefully, twice over, shaking his head with a sigh. Gathering the sands, he formed a single tablet of rock, and there carved his reply to this Ozoi... Ozoishialdarai.
    Spoiler
    Show

An interesting offer, oh complex one. Chaos, too, has much to teach. Still, there is no reason they cannot learn from both. As such, I would be willing to contribute to your project. There are many of our fellow gods who fear knowledge, particularly knowledge that they do not control. Consider me interested and willing to be of assistance. Knowledge, like the water of the world, must flow freely. I do, and will continue, what I can to insure the education of the world.

Akhat, Lord of the Sands

With a tap of the finger and a flicker of will, the tablet disappeared, winding its way to the recipient.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 9 - 7 (Create Artifact: Bane +3 (Vanguard Staff) ) - 1 (Create Life: Guardinals) - 1 (Create Society: The Army of Heavenly Beings) - 0 (Raise Hero: Domiel, free from Mythic) - 0 (MR 4 Bless the Army
    Spoiler
    Show
    Equipping them with magic weapons and armor: flaming swords, dancing greatswords, disruption weapons, slaying arrows, etc
    , free from Face) - 0 (Lead Populace: Aerial tactics, free from Medallion) = 0
    GP 24/24 = 0/27
    DR 6
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2011-02-09 at 07:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    [B]
    <snip>
    [All Mortals that sleep or dream, will sleep a pleasant and restful night]

There was something else too, something bound to the very fabric of the Dreaming, ... something ... sleeping, dormant. Unelma reached out, out into the mists on the edge of the dreaming and beyond, where something ancient sleep, something bound of dream yet far older than her or her brother, ... and gently cupped the fragile shell. It had been an avatar once, then it had been the only avatar of Dream. It was tied both to the mortal world, to an immortal creature called the Wanderer, and to the very fabric of Dream. It was still a part of her father, and yet it lay dormant.
    As she pondered this thing, she wrapped the immortal creature on the mortal world in threads of dreams and she rewove the power it contained, power dark and light both, something of both her and her brother and this endless well of power she drew back into the dreaming where she reshaped it, turning it into something both she and her brother could draw upon.

<snip>

As the message ball appeared in her citadel, Unelma noted Saguro's light touch on it, but it was not his, it had been made by another. She felt the complexity of the contruction of the sphere, confusing when it could have been so simple, and then she touched it and listened. Once the words had been imparted, Unelma erased the thoughts and laid a dream within the glass sphere.
    <snip>
    Unelma considers for a moment, and then sends a dream to her brother.
    Saguro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have invited Ozoishialdarai to visit the Dreaming that we may discuss his offer. You are naturally welcome to join us.
    The Dreaming - The Citadel Below - Saguro

Saguro felt the change Unelma brought to The Dreaming, and he approved. Their control over their realm was growing continuosly.

He answered his sister:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Naturally. I am curious to meet him, so I will be there as soon as he arrives."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saguro will joining the conversation, at least listening and looking grim , even if I'm not able to post

Spoiler
    Show

AP 0: 0-0 (Join Pantheon of Dreams - Free from impulsive)

AP: 0/15
    0/1 Create hero/exarch (from mythic)
    0/1 Enter pantheon (from impulsive)
    0/1 Bane +3 (from Robe of Nightmares)
    0/1 Lead populace (from Jar of Dreams)

GP: 9/15

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
    <snip>
    Old World

<snip>

The teams had found little signs of any sort of organized life: a few abandoned settlements here and there, tracks, but nothing concrete, nothing valuable. We go to one team in particular, of only three full Mages, and a handful, perhaps twenty soldiers outfitted with weapons and armor, mostly all magic. The barrier shield of magic kept most of the irritating life away: bugs and the like, but to "not tire out" the Mages, they had to slice and push their way through the vegatation by hand, something that was not of particular interest to the soldiers. With a weary attitude, they pushed their way through into yet another clearing, and stopped. This was not like the others. Strange little creatures, not human by size or appearance, scuttled about, in what appeared more than just animal natures. Indeed, they appeared to even have tools! Weapons raised up to hands quickly, and two of the Mages closed fists and began to mutter under their breath. The third, elder, stepped forward of the two, standing behind the soldiers and looking on. Allies, or enemies?
    The strange little creatures however, showed no sign of hostility, nor fear. At first they simply stood and watched, as more and more of them gathered.
    It seemed, that not a lot of them had yet met other races, and they glared with open curiosity.
    Then one of them, obviously unarmed, slowly approached the team.
    "Greetings and good dreams travelers, my name is Shi'itak, and I'm the chief-trader of our village. Are you by any chance interested in trading?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the double post, did not know if I would have enough time, and wrote the second part offline... (mostly) won't happen again
    Last edited by Smokin Red; 2011-02-09 at 07:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Horror

Pain. One of the thought-puppets fought back. And it hurt. That was unexpected. Rajtor had never been hurt before when he was in his prison. In fact, he had barely felt anything in the Wet Place, besides the Serpents. Those he most definitely felt. They were tangible.

He had looked at the thought-puppet, and found its worst fears to feed back into itself. He had expected it to act as the last puppet had and help him.

He had not expected the thought puppet to be stronger than it was.

And that flame at its core HURT. Whatever that fire was, this puppet proved itself too dangerous to hold on to.

Rayne - the Riverways

Just as suddenly as it was there, the presence left. Rayne once again had full control of her mind. Its whispers were gone, but the sting of truth would linger with her.

"I-I am sorry, Rayne. I have failed you. I should have seen it sink its mental claws in you before it was too late and prevented it from entering your mind. I will now lead you to a safer place, where my life is now forfeit to you."

He leads her away from that dark place and that evil presence, back to where her sister Nia was speaking with the Solonavi, a giant golden eel, and a few dozen Rainbow Trout.

Nia and Rayne - Together Again

"Do not worry, sweet one. I will always remember you. My people have long memories, and we do not forget our friends."

Rayne and the Serpent arrived just in time to hear the Queen of the Solonavi declare eternal friendship with a ten-year-old girl.

"Thank you for watching after her, Damhra. It would be a shame if my life had been too small to pay my debt to these two."

"It was merely what the People most needed. Think nothing of it. This one is a treasure."

Damhra leaves back to wherever it is she came from, and the Serpent addresses Rayne once more. "I failed in my oath to you, and for that my life is forfeit. I will now tell you my true name, so that you may know who it is that died for you. I am Forscythe the Inquirer, and for the wrongs I have committed against you, I hope you may some day heal."
    Nia and Rayne, The Riverways

Without words, the two girls embraced each other. It took a moment before Nia realized that her sister was crying silently onto her shoulder. "Honorable Sister... what is wrong? Why are you sad? I have had a most wonderful adventure! Did you have any idea what a magnificent place Uncle's home is?"

Rayne quickly collected herself, smiling a small, weak grin. "N-not crying sis. See? I'm fine - don't worry, okay? I can't wait to hear all about what you've been doing. I didn't have any idea what the Riverways were like either. None at all..." Holding her sister's hand, Rayne wove her next words with a minor spell, directing them at the river serpent alone.

"Nothing is forfeit. I was the one that failed, not you. I let it get inside me... and every word that it spoke was true."
    She hung her head. "You... you heard all of it, didn't you? I... I can still hear it. It wasn't anything new. I've known for a long time how pathetic I am. I need to do better, be stronger, work harder. I... I can't let petty, childish things hold me down. This showed me that at least. So... thank you. And don't tell my sister - one of us has this burden already. That's enough." She trailed off, as if she wished to add more, but simply let her words fade into heavy silence instead.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Honored Ozoishialdarai,
    first I feel the need to thank you, as you are the first of my kin, who seeks out me (or us), although I never knew of you.
    About your proposal I have to say, it sounds interesting, but I think my sister can appreciate it much more than me.
    You have to see it that way, yes, there is suffering and woe in the world, and yes, I feel it all the time, it creates nightmares of the most horrible quality. And that is why I don't mind, suffering and fear are the drive of inspiration, and, naturally, my esteemed sister Unelma . What I can't abide, is the dying, which mostly stopped at the moment, because dead people don't dream.
    So I thank you for your offer, and ask you to give me time to consider it carefully, together with Unelma.
    Don't think of that as a 'No', it's a 'Maybe'.
    May your dreams be interesting, Saguro, Lord of Nightmares

I invite you to visit the dreaming that we may discuss your proposal at some length. To come to our realm, simply allow yourself to sleep. Nothing more is required. I will await you at the Heart of the Dreaming in the Citadel Above.

An interesting offer, oh complex one. Chaos, too, has much to teach. Still, there is no reason they cannot learn from both. As such, I would be willing to contribute to your project. There are many of our fellow gods who fear knowledge, particularly knowledge that they do not control. Consider me interested and willing to be of assistance. Knowledge, like the water of the world, must flow freely. I do, and will continue, what I can to insure the education of the world.

Akhat, Lord of the Sands

Ozoi, THOUGHTBUBBLE

Almost immediately, Ozoi has three responses to his queries. The Dreamweavers are the first to reply, followed by Akhat. A strange god, that last one. Who creates a place made entirely of sand? Still, there was no reason not to ask... And it seems to have worked. Ozoi will have to write him back.

As for the dreamweavers... A request for an audience? An interesting reply from Saguro, as well. They seem to be two sides of the same coin, Saguro and Unelma.

Ozoi smiles. Convincing two allied gods, with the same domain but opposing viewpoints, to see things the same way?

That sounds like fun to him.

And so, he starts to go to sleep. This is harder than it would be for a mortal, because Ozoi's mind is structured differently than most- it has layers and layers of conciousness, and could even be said to be partially dreaming already.

Finally, the god shuts down the last of his experimental routines, and falls asleep.

Ozoi, The Dreaming

Ozoi wakes up. Or rather, falls asleep. It's not sure which really happened, which causes him to smile. Normally there's a part of his mind that's reserved for registering such things, but it's part of his conscious here in the Dreaming.

Ozoi considers that just the way his mind works is interesting- and notices the portion of it dedicated to running self-evaluation of its structure. He boots it up and gets it running.

A short time later, (depending on your reference point, since Ozoi's manipulating time again) Ozoi has reconstructed his mind across the divide of The Dreaming, and saved the blueprints for later.

He looks around, and finds that he's also replicated a portion of THOUGHTBUBBLE around his dreamscape. Interesting. He spins a few of the great glass spheres, examining them; It appears that here they monitor the dream world, rather than the mortal world.

That's not good. Ozoi is cut off from his sources of information here. It makes him uneasy to know that things are going on that he doesn't know about.

Still, these dreams are quite interesting...

Ozoi's self-evaluation portion gets back to him and says that he's wasting time, and the greater part of him agrees.

Now, where is this Heart of the Dreaming? There was something about a Citadel Above.

Ozoi goes back to his spheres, with purpose this time. There must be something here that will tell him where the Citadel is...

Quote Originally Posted by canjowolf View Post
    Hespa quickly reads the letter and asks the messenger to bring her to the source of the message. Hespa needed to have words with the author. If the messenger took off then Hespa followed it as best she could. She'd have to check on the souls of her creations later.
    The Messenger & Hespa

The raven-construct croaks at Hespa's request, then takes wing, immediately flying to a seemingly-normal waterfall on the mortal plane - which it flies through, vanishing into the mists.

There is a plain rock wall behind the waterfall if one cares to look.

Hespa, following the raven, emerges within one of Ozoi's experimental spheres on THOUGHTBUBBLE, containing an exact replica of the same area she came from.
    However, here her divine sight reveals clusters of hovering, faintly-glowing tags labelling everything in the area along with its characteristics, demonstrating the full complexity of the area. Everything is catalogued with its properties and structures- even blades of grass have files that go on for pages.

The raven's form shifts as it arrives here, becoming a being not unlike a human save the large, dusky wings on his back. He is clad in loose, flowing black robes, bound simply with a white cord.

"Welcome to Ozoi's plane of THOUGHTBUBBLE, Goddess Hespa. Ozoi's sleeping mind has altered the fabric of the plane so I can speak with you; the greater part of him is in The Dreaming now, responding to a message from Saguro and Unelma."

The messenger shakes his head.

"I am sorry that Ozoi is out. He was particularly interested in you, but the Dreamweavers' reply came in first. You could go to sleep and follow him if you like; you could wait here until he awakens again; or I could relay your words to his unconscious self, allowing his conscious will hear them and send back a reply. I can't guarantee that you'll get a response that way, however."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, Hespa! I almost missed your post completely and had to put it in after Ozoi had already left.

Of course Ozoi had to send out his letters all at once, because to do them in some sort of order would be too simple, right?

Edit:
    I figure I ought to at least make this guy Ozoi's Exarch, if he has the authority to speak for him. So...

Create Exarch: Kvasir, the Messenger (1 AP)
    6-1= 5 AP remaining. 6+1= 7/18 GP to next DR.
    Last edited by Lagren; 2011-02-10 at 11:36 AM.

6. - Top - End - #486

Unelma: The Citadel of dreams - Arrival
    The entrance of a god to the realm of Dreams was an occurrence that did not, that could not, go unnoticed by those who controlled the Dreaming.
    Unelma noted the fluctuations in the strength of the Dreaming immediately, and in the same timeless instance she caused to come into being a Road. A black ribbon through the Dreaming from the foot of the god of complexity unto the very Heart of the Dreaming, to the Gates of Bone and Ivory.
    In the same timeless instant, she also instructed her newest servant to greet their guest and lead him to the Citadel.

The Wanderer: The Realm of dreams - Welcoming a guest
    A figure appeared on the Road. A speck at first, it moved with impossible speed, resolving almost instantly into the figure of a dusty travelworn human standing before the visiting god of complexity. the figure inclined its head politely and spoke with a voice clearly unused to speech, "My Lady of the Dream doth bid thee welcome and would have me guide you to the Citadel"

Spoiler
    Show
    BAP: 0/1 (Avatar)
    AP: 8
    GP: 2/15
    Divine rank: 2

[Divine intervention: 1 BAP/week for unaugmented bless/curse (Avatar)]
    [Mythic: Free Raise Hero/Exarch 1/week]
    [Pouch of dreams: Free MR4 Bless 1/week]

7. - Top - End - #487

Hespa - Thought Bubble

Hespa considers the creatures response and decides that this dreaming thing sounded interesting, so she conferred with her eyes as to how to go about it. Once she realized that dreaming generally required the rather helpless state of sleep she sang at the construct "I believe that I shall meet Ozoi in the dreaming. If needed I shall return here to contact the complex one again"

Hespa rapidly zouked out to Arcadia and somersaulted her mind into the realm of dreams. Once there she looked around for any divine presences that might be in the area.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Orc in the Playground

The Dreaming - 'Welcoming' Guests

Shortly after the first deity, a second arrived on black road.
    As it has been stated, such a thing could not go unnoticed neither by the deities of dreams, nor by the guardians of The Dreaming.

Strange figures and shapes gathered round the visitors on the road. The Albae felt that one of them had been invited, but the other one...
    ...however, they sensed the presence of Unelma in The Wanderer and the divine power in the visitors, so they kept their distance.
    It was a strange group that made their way to the citadel, led by The Wanderer and sort of escorted by nightmares.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ozoi & Hespa- To the Citadel!

Ozoi nods to the Wanderer and follows him, then again to Hespa as she appears on the path beside him, adding to the procession.

"Ah, Hespa! I'm sorry, I didn't intend to be away. This certainly adds another layer of complexity to things!"

He laughs. It's surprisingly light and airy, coming from the mouth of a Croc'Chept, a Forsaken, and an Orc in turn.

The reason for this is that the god is shifting abruptly from one humanoid form to the next in time with his steps, literally stepping from one form to the next. After all, he enjoys shapeshifting normally- and here in the dreamscape, it's as easy as thinking!

His crystal spheres follow him from one form to the next, hovering above the procession like some enormous chandelier.

A stray thought makes them exactly that- a huge chandelier, bound together by chains of gold, vines bearing intricate flowers, and ribs of hardened steel. Each sphere sheds a faint silvery glow, lighting the way for the procession towards the Citadel.

Ozoi is perhaps having too much fun.

10. - Top - End - #490

Irtos, Near Teppelin

Abruptly, the Asherati boy felt the shady area around him flood with harsh white light. Dust from the barren ground billowed into the air as a heavy gunship lowered itself to a distance of roughly ten meters from the ground. As the scattered spotlights focused in on the lone figure on the ground, a loud and metallic-tinged male voice rang out from the ship's speakers. "Attention: You are trespassing unauthorized in the Teppelin Security Band. You are being taken into custody. Do not attempt to run, or you will be shot. Do not resist arrest, or you will be shot."

Punctuating the proclamation, a pair of aerial-model knightmares slammed down mere meters away from Irtos, flaring jump-thrusters softening their impact. Wordlessly, the nearer of the two moves to grip Irtos in a heavy crysteel fist...

Homebrew:

11. - Top - End - #491
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    As soon as he finished speaking, the Forsaken ambassador found himself instantly in another place. A human female is standing next to what can best be described in Forsaken terms as a large humanoid golem. The "golem" speaks, the face on its chest remaining stationary: "Welcome, stranger. I am William Penkappa. I must say, the reputation of your people has not exactly inspired us to give you a warm welcome. I have heard stories from the Kappa about your enslaving ways, and the story of how your people caused Area 03 to be exterminated preceedes you. All that being said, I assume you are here for diplomatic reasons. Care to state what they are?"

Area 11

The eyepatch-wearing Forsaken glances at the golem for a moment without speaking, before removing a small wooden pipe, inserting some sort of herb, and lighting it. He breathes in deeply, then exhales smoke. Only then does he respond,

" Greetings human, William Penkappa. I am Tetrai, formerly of the House of Yuan'tyrr." He takes another breath from his pipe and breathes out, smoke curling around the strange golem " I have been sent here, to you, the humans, to make an alliance. Originally, we came to this land to conquer, to liberate. But recent events have... changed things. The Forsaken Empire comes to you for help." Tetrai spits on the ground in anger, grinding his heel into the dirt, before starting again, his voice trembling with rage.
    " We have lost our home. Aura, the shining jewel of the Empire, is lost. It's lush jungles and proud cities are now dust and ash. They came upon us, strange creatures, full of bloodlust. Billions of them. More enemies than grains of sand."
    He takes another smoke. " We fought of course. Our fortresses stood against the hordes, our golemships killed them by the millions; but it was not enough. They simply overran us, and the lucky ones fled with their lives. Our Lord, Quarland, sank Aura into the mists as we fled, but a new land rose in it's place. We have no home."
    " As such, we have come to you. You have lost your homes, your freedom, before. You understand our situation.
    Make no mistake, we do not ask for charity or goodwill. Simply an alliance. The Forsaken Empire will rise again, and then we will take back our lands. But until then, we cannot have a war."

Tetrai takes another long smoke, before asking sharply. " So, what say you, William Penkappa. Will our peoples have peace?"
    Four Gods wait on the windowsill
    Where once eight Gods did war and will,
    And if the gods themselves may die,
    What does that say for you and I?

Now three Gods sit on the windowsill,
    Where one God's blood was lately spilled
    Black tounges lap at the spreading pool,
    To build the strength they need to rule.

- The Quartet For The Dusk Of Man, Tycho Ephemerous Brahe

Call me Apoc.

12. - Top - End - #492

Kaylee, Ganman Hanger, The Unchained

"Well..."
    Kaylee thought for a moment or two before breaking into a grin. "I think we actually have enough people trying to kill us, so if you want to back out, we're... fine with that. I am, anyway. Hey, Will, whaddya say? Think we can trust these guys to not cause us problems? I mean, I don't really think we can afford to antagonize anyone we don't strictly have to. We're gonna be stretched thin as it is."

Homebrew:

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Red View Post
    The Void - Maguro

After taking the flies to The Citadel Below, Maguro went on at once. Entering The Void he, like his master disappeared to the dark background, changing to currents in nothingness. Then he looked around and searched for Sozuchi.
    As he finds him, he stays in the background, until it is polite to make himself known.
    He then speaks:"Honorable Sozuchi, my master has a great request of you. Would you allow me to express it?" After waiting for the (hopefully positive) answer, he continues, "Your children, and some of the other beings on the world, are able to walk the dreams, my master would like to give this ability to his wards too, is that possible? And what would you request in return?"

Spoiler
    Show

AP 1: 1-0 (Create Exarch: Morbellum, Nightmare of War, free from mythic)
    AP 0: 1-1 (Create Life: Gate-mushrooms)

0/1 Create hero/exarch (from mythic)
    1/1 Enter pantheon (from impulsive)
    0/1 Bane +3 (from Robe of Nightmares)
    0/1 Lead populace (from Jar of Dreams)

GP: 9/15
    Sozuchi - the Void

"Of course you may. All I ask in return, Salsa, is that you remain always NOT-BORING"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    Unelma: The Void - Of Times and Families

As Saguro departs in his own way, Unelma smiles with a hint of mischief on her face as she blows Sozuchi a kiss. A kiss which lands palpately, and very much physically, on his cheek.
    "Thank you grandad"

As she speaks she fades and contracts to a single spark of light which vanishes in a burst of stardust. Sozuchi hears a soft giggle accompanying the starburst.
    Delighted with his grandchildren, both of them, Sozuchi spent a few hundred days while in the Riverways before his other grandchild called for him dreaming. He liked dreaming. It truly wasn't boring.

In fact, he used dreams for all sorts of things. Mostly messages, admittedly, but he really liked the whole idea. Freed from one's body, their minds wandered free. Freedom was almost always less boring than captivity.

Thus, Sozuchi did something in the Dreaming: he seeded it with his own will for things to be always interesting. Dark and light, beautiful and horrible, teriifying or comforting, the Will of Sozuchi turned its ancient gaze upon dreams, blessing them.

That blessing took form within the dreams, and the Dreams became flesh. At least, took on substance within the Dreaming. These entities, called the Coropule, wandered through the dreams of those who entered the Dreaming, seeking always to add the bizarre and befuddling to dreams.

Sozuchi himself joined his grandchildren in the Dreaming. He would always hold them as some of his dearest kin.

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 0=4-1(create life: the Coropule, dream entities that add "not-boring" into the dreams of others. I give full rp rights to them to anyone in the Dream pantheon. What do they do? anything you wish them to, within dreams.)-3(gain domain: Dream)

actions done:
    the Coropule were created
    Taught dreamwalking to the erfworld classes
    Created Tinkamancer, the most skilled erfworld dreamwalkers
    created foolamancers, the most common dreamwalkers
    Gave William a mortal artifact through dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Red View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the double post, did not know if I would have enough time, and wrote the second part offline... (mostly) won't happen again
    Spoiler
    Show
    we're cool with the occasional double-post and/or ninja edit. So long as you don't do it constantly, we understand that sometimes the chaotic rp that goes on here will require it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post

Without words, the two girls embraced each other. It took a moment before Nia realized that her sister was crying silently onto her shoulder. "Honorable Sister... what is wrong? Why are you sad? I have had a most wonderful adventure! Did you have any idea what a magnificent place Uncle's home is?"

Rayne quickly collected herself, smiling a small, weak grin. "N-not crying sis. See? I'm fine - don't worry, okay? I can't wait to hear all about what you've been doing. I didn't have any idea what the Riverways were like either. None at all..." Holding her sister's hand, Rayne wove her next words with a minor spell, directing them at the river serpent alone.

"Nothing is forfeit. I was the one that failed, not you. I let it get inside me... and every word that it spoke was true."
    She hung her head. "You... you heard all of it, didn't you? I... I can still hear it. It wasn't anything new. I've known for a long time how pathetic I am. I need to do better, be stronger, work harder. I... I can't let petty, childish things hold me down. This showed me that at least. So... thank you. And don't tell my sister - one of us has this burden already. That's enough." She trailed off, as if she wished to add more, but simply let her words fade into heavy silence instead.
    "I thank you, child, for your kind heart and compassion in this matter. Never think yourself weak, though. Either of you. Within you, I have seen two power sources of great strength. Do not underestimate your potential. Even gods begin life much weaker than they are now. Ear and Big Brother neither one could do a tenth at the beginning of what they could do now."

"As for the matter of my life being forfeit, you do not understand. When one of my kind makes a vow, that vow is not broken. If it is, our very destinies shall be ruled by it the rest of our days. If you do not choose to end my life here and now, know that some day I will find it my destiny to die for you, and hopefully spare you a similar fate that day. You blame yourself, but it was I who knew what that thing could do. I should have prepared you for it."

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    Area 11

The eyepatch-wearing Forsaken glances at the golem for a moment without speaking, before removing a small wooden pipe, inserting some sort of herb, and lighting it. He breathes in deeply, then exhales smoke. Only then does he respond,

" Greetings human, William Penkappa. I am Tetrai, formerly of the House of Yuan'tyrr." He takes another breath from his pipe and breathes out, smoke curling around the strange golem " I have been sent here, to you, the humans, to make an alliance. Originally, we came to this land to conquer, to liberate. But recent events have... changed things. The Forsaken Empire comes to you for help." Tetrai spits on the ground in anger, grinding his heel into the dirt, before starting again, his voice trembling with rage.
    " We have lost our home. Aura, the shining jewel of the Empire, is lost. It's lush jungles and proud cities are now dust and ash. They came upon us, strange creatures, full of bloodlust. Billions of them. More enemies than grains of sand."
    He takes another smoke. " We fought of course. Our fortresses stood against the hordes, our golemships killed them by the millions; but it was not enough. They simply overran us, and the lucky ones fled with their lives. Our Lord, Quarland, sank Aura into the mists as we fled, but a new land rose in it's place. We have no home."
    " As such, we have come to you. You have lost your homes, your freedom, before. You understand our situation.
    Make no mistake, we do not ask for charity or goodwill. Simply an alliance. The Forsaken Empire will rise again, and then we will take back our lands. But until then, we cannot have a war."

Tetrai takes another long smoke, before asking sharply. " So, what say you, William Penkappa. Will our peoples have peace?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinia
    Kaylee, Ganman Hanger, The Unchained

"Well..." Kaylee thought for a moment or two before breaking into a grin. "I think we actually have enough people trying to kill us, so if you want to back out, we're... fine with that. I am, anyway. Hey, Will, whaddya say? Think we can trust these guys to not cause us problems? I mean, I don't really think we can afford to antagonize anyone we don't strictly have to. We're gonna be stretched thin as it is."
    "If your people will agree to not enslave ours and allow us complete autonomy once we finally do win our freedom, we would rather have you and yours as allies rather than enemies. Unfortunately, there is no government among our band, other than the structure of command that a guerrilla rebellion can afford. However, you will have my oath that we will abide by any treaties we make, and if necessary I can call upon at least two gods to lend their blessing on this."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Hal'Xaazar, Teppelin

Hal'Xaazar rubs his chin in front of the window.

"My son has retreated. So did half of his allies. My other son has yet to command his servants to stay or retreat..."

"But my son is still hungry... The Drough just lacks... Substance."

Hal'Xaazar watches impassive while Tarrasque turns his terrible attention to Teppelin, and his lesser spawn move and circle the fortress and its bastions, seeking other prey to hunt, in the lands not forbidden by their divine ancestor.

Tarrasque

Hunger guides his actions, and the scent of a billion lives reaches his nostrils, guiding Tarrasque towards the divine fortress of Teppelin in vast, booming steps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover

AP: 9
    Impulsive: 1
    Mythic: 1
    Boon: 1
    Bane: 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #495

"That is... fine! Just promise that if you have to save my life... make sure I've earned it. If I get myself killed for some stupid mistake like the one back there, I'm not worth saving. But... thanks. It's... it is nice to know that you care that much, even if it is just because of an oath."

Smiling slightly, though her eyes were still haunted by the Voice's taunts, she released the minor enchantment that had kept their conversation silent. "Nia... come on. It is time to go home."

"Home... yes. It has been a wonderful adventure, but I am getting very sleepy. Home sounds most wonderful, my honorable sister."
    Turning, Nia gave a deep and elaborate curtsy, smiling ear to ear. "You have my greatest thanks. If you had not come to visit us, I would have never seen this incredible world you call Home. I hope that we will meet again one day, Honorable Serpent! I truly do!"

Homebrew:

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

"That is... fine! Just promise that if you have to save my life... make sure I've earned it. If I get myself killed for some stupid mistake like the one back there, I'm not worth saving. But... thanks. It's... it is nice to know that you care that much, even if it is just because of an oath."

Smiling slightly, though her eyes were still haunted by the Voice's taunts, she released the minor enchantment that had kept their conversation silent. "Nia... come on. It is time to go home."

"Home... yes. It has been a wonderful adventure, but I am getting very sleepy. Home sounds most wonderful, my honorable sister."
    Turning, Nia gave a deep and elaborate curtsy, smiling ear to ear. "You have my greatest thanks. If you had not come to visit us, I would have never seen this incredible world you call Home. I hope that we will meet again one day, Honorable Serpent! I truly do!"
    "Know this, Rayne, I swore the oath because I wanted to protect you, I do not protect you because I swore the oath. It was my will to give it, and I would do it again, should your life be threatened. You need only call my name, and I shall be at your side at once."

The serpent bids them goodbye, but before they can leave this place, yet another person visits with them, this time it is the Lord of the Riverways himself.

"So, my nieces, I see that you have been using my gifts, and decided to visit my home? This makes me glad. Ear and I may have our disagreements, but our children should not have to carry on our sins. Please tell me, are you glad to have visited here? I can sense that one of you was hurt deeply today. I will grant each of you one request if you will do your uncle the courtesy of telling me of your encounters in the Riverways. I may be the master of all that I survey here, but even a god's eye cannot see all that there is to this place."

Sozuchi opened his left eye, where the twins could see that it was an empty socket. However, somehow the god of water had made it seem so natural that few even seem to notice that the god only has one eye.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

17. - Top - End - #497

"Great and Honorable Uncle Sozuchi! We are honored by your presence."
    Nia fell into another deep curtsy, her sister silently following suit as Sozuchi gave his explanation. With a glance towards Rayne, as if for permission, Nia was the first to reply. "I have had a most wonderful adventure, Noble Uncle. I have met with some of your people, and they are very kind - and so different from each other! I even met a noble lady named Damhra, who gave to me a lovely gift in exchange for a promise to show her my world. I do not think I shall forget this place, Uncle, even if I never come here again."

Rayne paused, and nodded, smiling. It was good to hear that her sister had had a better time than she. She spoke her own piece quietly and calmly, trying not to think too hard about it. "Our good Uncle the serpent took me deep into the Riverways. I saw some of its inhabitants, just like my sister did. There was some small danger, I think, but the only trial I faced was something giving me a good look at my life." A small thought echoed at the god, following on the heels of the spoken words. "And I have to live with that. And it hurts."

Homebrew:

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Sozuchi, Nia, and Rayne - the Riverways

The ancient god's eye filled with compassion, and he looked at them both solemnly. "Little Peachims, you are a very special girl, and your manners are impeccable. I would like to give you one gift, anything you could wish for. There is almost nothing that you cannot have. I will not make an oath such as my lesser kin do, for I am unable to be bound to such things, but I have never violated my word with any being."

He pauses and turns to the darker twin. "I am sorry that my realm caused you pain, for I do know how very dark it can be. What truths you learn in such places cannot be unlearned, however much it pains you. I myself have spent many aeons pondering the painful dark recesses of the mind, in penitence for what I have done. However, do not allow the pain to overwhelm you. You are strong, and there is a value to you far greater than that which you think to measure yourself by. Know this, they may not always show it to you in ways you understand, but your mothers do love you very much. To you I also grant any one request. Name it, and it shall happen, no matter the cost. My methodological differences with Ear does not mean that I hate you. In fact, you two are my favorite nieces."

19. - Top - End - #499

Unelma: The Citadel of dreams - An ancient dreamer

As she waits within the Citadel, Unelma feels the presence of her grandfather, and his creation of Dreams made flesh. She considers the creatures and nods to herself in approval, Grandad's affinity for dreams would lend strength to the Dreaming.

As she muses on the paths that Dreams may take, three beings coelase around her. Formed of the Dreaming and her musings, they are beings of inspiration. Unelma names them, and molds each of them to a purpose. "Aoidē, Meletē, and Mnēmē. You shall be my instruments in the world of mortals. Aoidē, you shall be my song to the mortals. Meletē you shall teach mortals to practice. And Mnēmē shall refresh their memory when they forget."

The Wanderer: The Realm of dreams - Welcoming divine guests

As the Wanderer leads the two deities down the Road, with a following of Nightmare, the dreamscape rapidly changes around them, the Road the only constant. Suddenly, and almost unexpectedly, the group stands before the Gates of Bone and Ivory, which slowly swing open. From the gate a Path winds its way through what seems to be the Void, to the dual gates of the Citadel.
    The Citadel itself is a diamond shaped jewel hanging in the midst of the void at the Heart of the Dreaming. The upper portion of the Citadel is the Citadel Above, and it is to this door that the Wanderer leads the two gods to.

[I'll give you guys a chance to RP during your trip through the Dreaming before continuing ]

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5: 8-3 (3xRaise Hero - The elder muses: Aoidē, Meletē, Mnēmē)
    AP 2: 5-3 (Claim Domain: Heroic)
    Raise Hero: Troy Unelmoija
    Raise Hero: The Wanderer
    Raise Hero: Aoidē
    Raise Hero: Meletē
    Raise Hero: Mnēmē

BAP: 0/1 (Avatar)
    AP: 2
    GP: 8/15
    Divine rank: 2

[Divine intervention: 1 BAP/week for unaugmented bless/curse (Avatar)]
    [Mythic: Free Raise Hero/Exarch 1/week]
    [Pouch of dreams: Free MR4 Bless 1/week]

20. - Top - End - #500

"River Dragon. You are most generous. If I am to be allowed a request..." Rayne took a deep breath, bracing herself. "My mother's name is Teikoku. She is Empress. And... she has given everything to protect Creation. You call her 'Ear' - your followers spit it like it is some kind of curse! She doesn't hate you, you know - at worst, she considers you childish and reckless. You're her brother. Please, just... forgive her. Say her name - her real name, not one of your little monikers."
    She continued, silently. "Nia doesn't know what mother has done. She hasn't seen her. Neither have you - but I have. I've seen her crying for what she has to do, when she thinks no-one is looking. She is one of the kindest, most selfless people in Creation - and everyone spits on her like some kind of tyrant for doing what no-one else had the spine to do! I don't think you'll ever agree with her, just..."

"...She's my mom. She's a good person, Sozuchi. She's forgiven your past wrongs, even if she has not forgotten them. I would beg you do the same. Please."
    Rayne looked at the serpent expectantly. Nia remained silent, looking somewhat ashamed after her sister's speech. Not of Rayne, but of herself - she was thinking silly, selfish thoughts while her sister did so much more. It wasn't until Rayne looked inquiringly at her and spoke that she found the will to reply. "What's wrong, Nia? You get to ask something too. Think of it, sis! Anything you want, anything at all!"

"I..."
    Nia blushed furiously. "...it is a silly request. I cannot think of anything so noble as yours. But..." She took a moment, then blurted out with lightning speed. "Honorable Uncle, I have met more people in this one day than I have my entire life before! Please, if you can, I would like a chance to meet friends at my own home. My parents, and my aunt, and Lord Genome, and Lord Idra... they are all very kind people. But they are all so serious, and they are very busy. Even my honorable sister is taking more classes every month."

She stopped in her improptu speech, hanging her head and slumping once more. "You must think me a terribly selfish person. I am sorry. But... that is still my wish."

Homebrew:

21. - Top - End - #501
    Orc in the Playground

The Dreaming – The Citadel of Dreams - Saguro

Saguro was more than content, and dreamed a response to Sozuchi: “Thank you, honored grandfather, I will stay 'NOT-BORING'.
    Also, I bid you welcome in The Dreaming, feel free to stay at my home whenever you are here, as long as you like, or until you dreamed up something more appropriate to you.“
    And with the mere fraction of a thought, the dreamscape around the citadel changed. Ponds and lakes started to appear and some of the roads changed to riverways, or, at least, the dream of riverways, plucked directly from the dreams of the Chept.
    That was only a small thing to do for Saguro, but he did it sincerely to make his ancestor feel welcome. He had become quite fond of him.

Afterwards, he returned to the task at hand, he took a dreamfever fly and changed it. It became pale and transparent, before returning to its former state. “Now, it is done, fly little one, my dreams will show you back to your family. I have to attend my guests.“

The Dreaming – The Darkest Place – Morbellum

The Nightmare of War had risen, and suddenly the war in the real world seemed to slow down. Could it be, that dreaming about it, and with it losing the last peaceful haven, the dreamers decided to make peace in their 'real' life?
    It didn't matter, they would dream about war, about killing and destruction. Morbellum would make sure of that. Already he was gathering Albae, who, as creatures of fear, respected the most horrible of them.
    And as he began to speak, his voice was like thunder of explosions and the deathscreams of children: “Albae, sisters and brothers, you are, WE are natives to the dreaming. We were the first our father created, and he has given us the task to protect The Dreaming from threats of the waking world. And we did it, we spend our existence patrolling the borders, doing our duty. Didn't we?
    And the Albae agreed, naturally. Their voices where hissing and screaming, howling and shouting, and all the dreamers, who had the bad luck in being near this gathering, screamed in their sleep. And Morbellum continued: “And now, sisters and brothers, outside beings come to OUR realm, bringing with them their creatures, invading OUR home. And our father, is he doing something about it? Does he gather his children to defend his home? NO! He is bidding them welcome, he is changing The Dreaming himself, to have it a better suit to the invasors. And I say: NO MORE! But it is on us now, sisters and brothers, we are the last line of defense, we have to defend our home, if necessary, even against our own family. And so I ask you, ARE YOU WITH ME?“
    And the noise of the Albae was so horrible, that dreamers around the creation died in their sleeps.

The Dreaming – The Citadel of Dreams - Saguro

In his realm Saguro could not ignore a development like that. He called his most trusted servant to his side: “Well, Bogeyman there is something going on in my realm, what I can't abide, this one Albae, he is calling himself Morbellum, he is gathering troops and is planning in using them against my honored guests, and in the end against me. This can not be. War in the waking world is one thing, it feeds you and your kin, but war in my realm, between my children, I won't let it happen. But before I act, I will give him a chance to speak to me, go, and tell him, he has been granted an audience.“And The Bogeyman left to do his masters bidding.

All over creation – The mushrooms are coming

No matter where you are, at least a couple of miles from you, suddenly huge mushrooms start showing up, only one to three at one place, but they grow with an awe-inspiring speed.

The Old World – The Myconid Capital – Amanitop

They had called it Shroom-Polis, by all the gods, what a name. Amanitop, first among the myconids, sometimes simply did not understand his people. Perhaps he was getting old, on the other hand, he just don't seemed to get much older. Well, life was a test, and he planned on passing it, no matter how long it took.
    The new mushrooms were their gate to the lands beyond the old world, and some of them were even eager to explore it. But Amanitop had decreed, to first find a possibility of self-defense. And Saguro had done his part in this, some of them had developed the ability to walk the realm of their god, and others even stranger abilities, they could now use their fear and that of others to defend themselves.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 6: 0+5 (Rollover) +1 (Impulsive)
    AP 6: 6-0 (Join Pantheon: 'NOT-BORING' - free from impulsive)
    AP 5: 6-1 (MR1 Bane - Dreamfever-flies are laying eggs in victims)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eggs of the dreamfever-flies, are incorporeal and every time a fly sucks on a victim, a couple of hundreds is layed directly into the victims brain, effectively shielding it from outside influence/contact, except via The Dreaming. When the induced coma ends, the baby-flies are leaving the host by orifices in the victims head. Yes, that's quite a disgusting view.

AP 3: 5-2 (Create Prestige Class: Dread Witch)
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's essentially the Dread Witch from 'Heroes of Horror', major difference is, that you must have had a horror trip by using mushroom drugs, instead of being victim to a random fear effect.
    And I think, that clerics of me can use spells like cause fear and scare. If they can't, I have to change something

AP 0: 3-3 (Gain Domain: Fear)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. created Artifact Robe of Nightmares
    2. created Race Albae
    3. created Exarch The Bogeyman
    4. created Exarch Morbellum
    5. created PrC Dread Witch

1/1 Create hero/exarch (from mythic)
    0/1 Enter pantheon (from impulsive)
    1/1 Bane +3 (from Robe of Nightmares)
    1/1 Lead populace (from Jar of Dreams)

GP: 13/15
    Last edited by Smokin Red; 2011-02-10 at 02:46 PM. Reason: wrong GP counting

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

"River Dragon. You are most generous. If I am to be allowed a request..." Rayne took a deep breath, bracing herself. "My mother's name is Teikoku. She is Empress. And... she has given everything to protect Creation. You call her 'Ear' - your followers spit it like it is some kind of curse! She doesn't hate you, you know - at worst, she considers you childish and reckless. You're her brother. Please, just... forgive her. Say her name - her real name, not one of your little monikers."
    She continued, silently. "Nia doesn't know what mother has done. She hasn't seen her. Neither have you - but I have. I've seen her crying for what she has to do, when she thinks no-one is looking. She is one of the kindest, most selfless people in Creation - and everyone spits on her like some kind of tyrant for doing what no-one else had the spine to do! I don't think you'll ever agree with her, just..."

"...She's my mom. She's a good person, Sozuchi. She's forgiven your past wrongs, even if she has not forgotten them. I would beg you do the same. Please."
    Rayne looked at the serpent expectantly. Nia remained silent, looking somewhat ashamed after her sister's speech. Not of Rayne, but of herself - she was thinking silly, selfish thoughts while her sister did so much more. It wasn't until Rayne looked inquiringly at her and spoke that she found the will to reply. "What's wrong, Nia? You get to ask something too. Think of it, sis! Anything you want, anything at all!"

"I..."
    Nia blushed furiously. "...it is a silly request. I cannot think of anything so noble as yours. But..." She took a moment, then blurted out with lightning speed. "Honorable Uncle, I have met more people in this one day than I have my entire life before! Please, if you can, I would like a chance to meet friends at my own home. My parents, and my aunt, and Lord Genome, and Lord Idra... they are all very kind people. But they are all so serious, and they are very busy. Even my honorable sister is taking more classes every month."

She stopped in her improptu speech, hanging her head and slumping once more. "You must think me a terribly selfish person. I am sorry. But... that is still my wish."
    "You would have me call your mother by her true name? I do not call anyone by that, even when I can remember them. However, I have allowed old pains to cause me to corrupt my uses of false names to use as a curse the name of one meant only to keep her from thinking too much of herself. There was a time, long ago, when your mother and I were, if not friends, cordial to one another. Very well, I am true to my word, I shall call my sister either "Sister" or "Teikoku" and nothing else. Neither will I have my followers continue to call her Ear. Let this be a sign that I have put the past behind me, and have forgiven her for her wrongs."

Turning to Nia, he says, "Your wish is not silly at all. Everyone deserves friends, and I promise you that when you get back to Teppelin, you will have more friends than you know what to do with."

The weight and solemnity of Sozuchi's words was almost perfect, if it was not for the hint of a smile in his jaw and a twinkle in his eyes. "I hope the two of you found my home beneficial to you. Please come by and visit any time. That's why I gave you those scales. Well, that, and to help you two learn of the vitality that water possesses."

23. - Top - End - #503

Reunion
    The Gnomes, for their part, had actually been overjoyed at the concept of making water from thin air. It was just so useful, and not just for circumventing having to get up from your seat for a glass of clean water. There was also the fact that a Gnome blacksmith could produce water in which to cool his newest creations, or a bartender could- with a bit of creativity- put on a spectacular waterfall inside of the bar without fussing with kegs of water.

Turkin, for his part, was a bit less overjoyed. "I assure you, I had no intentions of rushing this prophecy- its ending is hardly a happy one. As it appears, the 'Earth Children' were- in fact- long in production before my return here. As for immortality..." He paused, in thought, "Could I have a child before this process is done? Start a nice bloodline? I'm sure there's some young ladies that have their biological clocks- err, that is to say, their bodies ready and all that for a man of relative important like myself. Or are any kids out of the equation here?"

Longlimb and the Gnomes
    Corykor considered the offer, but answered the tree's own questions first. It was only polite, after all, and his associates had switched gears- the trappers, in particular, considering how useful it'd be to be able to consult trees. "Personally? I don't use the trees I cut down. We have workers, crafters, that make things out of what I cut down- making new life from the old, in a way."

One of the trappers spoke up at this, "Much as bees gather honey from flowers, and help pollinate them in the process." At the odd look from his fellows, he shrugged, "I have a thing for beekeeping. So what?"

Corykor pressed on, looking to the logging machine. "As for that? That's a machine we've been tinkering with. Our mechanic thought it'd be good for, uhh...really, as wrong as it sounds now, we were trying to find ways to cut trees like you down. Please understand," He said, getting rather red in the face at trying to explain unintentional murder, "We're not killers- we certainly do not condone murder. Accidents happen, especially fatal ones. But that's what it was for- making it so we can cut down not only ironbark trees, but regular ones at an increased pace."

Near the machine itself, the mechanic of the group had retreated to a side panel, having begun to tinker with one of the secondary axle rods. "It's a machine." The mechanic explained further, "A mark one steam logger. We put coal, or- more often- wood into the oven, fill up the boiler with water, and it produces power with which to make the whole machine work. While I don't know about putting spirits out of touch," The mechanic said, "She's a life of her own- fickle, likes to kick, but so far faithful. The seed dispenser has been touch-and-go, though."

At the question of what was beyond the world, Corykor looked a bit uneasy. "A whole world, or at least we think. We send what we carve down to the Citadel, and the Citadel puts it to use. Beyond that? There's Vampires," He made a brief sign of warding, "And, apparently, Drow, and this, and that, and...it's all rather ridiculous and irrelevant, but if you like, I'm sure I could find you a history textbook."

He finally came to a conclusion, "And if you wish, then yes, I believe I wold like to learn your language. There's a number of people working to try and get more...in-touch with nature. Considering some of the insects and new plants we've run into, that could be extremely useful."

Ethereal Plane above the Citadel: Ozoishialdari's Offer
    Kali had, upon receiving the message, thoroughly considered it. A "Third Citadel"? Fourth, more like. He had built the first Citadel himself, he had crafted it with the knowledge that these events- though perhaps not in this exact form- would take place.

But still, arrogance would do him no good. It clouded thoughts, especially in the divine. Looking back to the Higgins particle, which existed on a level he was only now mapping out, the deity began to write in sprawling letters. For a deity of complexity, such a message could be appreciated for its inherently maddening origins.

After all, what sort of god could think of reading a response on an atom?

"I am not a being of strength, but of learning and thought. To participate within a cold war of towers and artifacts is foolish in no small degree, joining within an alliance. It is within neutrality that myself and my creations have remained at peace."

There was a pause as he considered just what the Citadel was, if not the first in a race of buildings outstripping buildings.

"However, the neutrality of multiple beings is not without meaning. The Citadel is a prime site as it stands: Though I shall not endorse the threat of war upon others in any form, I will make the framework. Should this palace be misused as one of oppression rather than learning, I shall tear down its framework and cast it into oblivion. Stewardship of the Citadel would be best left with me, to ensure no abuse may take place without proper reason or cause."

Down below, as Kali inscribed his response, great machines performed even greater tasks. Mines flourished, armies continued to march on, and the world kept moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leader of Men (Create Class: Citadel Legion Sharpshooter)
    Golden Army MR 3 Bane: Any Forsaken army that invades Gnomish territories will find all Golem-based technology unresponsive at best, their arcane thinking machines infiltrated by the unfamiliar logic processes of the mechanical automatons.

Citadel MR 3 Bless: All Gnomish fields, not just the ones on the Citadel, are returned to full fertility.

3 AP spent on Grand Artifact Framework: Terris Caelo.

Rollover! 13 AP now.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Void, Izrador

As he stepped out of the mirror it shattered in a thousand pieces. He looked around and managed to suppress a cry of jubilation. He instead recalled the words of his Father and Master upon his realisation that the world he had subjugated had been nothing but an alternate creation. He were to do the same here but this time there would be no mistakes, no passion and no hasty actions.

Slow. Deliberate and pretentious. He had learned his lesson.

Izrador looked at the lands below and whispered. Before he would commense his plans he needed the tools of his trade though. He himself had no real physical shape yet. It was as if all the forms he had taken during his imprisonment fought for dominance.

In his withered hands it appeared. It had been long since he had worn it. It represented what he was and it gave him substance the same way that part of his own essence gave it power.

The Crown of Shadows was forged once again.

The great plate helm made from black obsidian gleamed with an inner darkness. A lone gleaming crystal set on the forhead seemed dormant for the moment. The whole construct though seemed ephemeral, as if not yet fully realised. With slow, deliberate movements bordering reverence Izrador brought it towards his head and put it on.

As the crown was placed its substance materialised fully. The crystal seemed to catch a black malevolent fire now once again fuelled by its master. Just like the Crown was made real so was he. The turmoil of shapes, sizes and forms he been changing stopped. He had taken the shape of a paragon of the Odrendor. His once and future chosen people.

The first deed done Izrador looked again at the planet below and selected an area to the south west of the world. It would be there that his small experiment would run before it could be gifted to the rest of the world.

With careful movements he shaped the land. Clear topographical feautures almost on purpose to create division from the start. To the North, a barren land with cold winds and little protection to be offered. Flocks of animals that would fight back would live there so that when his chosen came they would have to strive to earn his Blessings.

To the South vast plains and fields, a land designed for those who would become one with the arts, science and civilisation. A perhaps more tender race that would progress yet be able to defend its lands with the power of their spirit and because they would love it too much to let it go.

The center of the word was left almost empty. An internal sea of shorts teeming with aquan life that would provide sustenance to the lands that touched it while create a necessary seperation for the first ages of the diffrent Empires. On the coasts would live the mixed race. The people who would take characteristics from both Northern and Southern folk. A mixture of culture and blood that would make them great but would also give them the weakness of both.

To the East would be the home of resilient creatures should one such ever be created. A vast mountain range going from the south east to the north east reaches. Internal caves and space almost left on purpose to accomodate cities and great halls were left in the stone. But tunnels went even deeper so that they would allow for visitors to come once he was finished experimenting.

And lastly to the west. The most important in a way. The largest forest of the Land, placed similarly to the mirror image of the mountain it reached from the southernmost point, where it was deep as the deepest jungle and filled with poisonous and deadly flora and fauna, to the northermost where frost, ice and snow covered the trees and the harsh conditions created life innimical to any invaders.

As he marvelled at his creation and he breathed life in it he touched the gem on his forehead. It was already time to start the experiment. He spoke words of power that coalesced in the air around the land making it invisible to mundane eyes and harder to touch to those of his own status.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 9 = 12 - 3 , Create Artifact - Crown of Shadow - Boon
    AP 6 = 9 - 3 , Create Terrain MR 3 - Nafsika
    AP 5 = 6 - 1 , Bless MR 3 (1 AP + Bless Artifact + Lifegiver) - Veil of Izrador

Rollover: AP 9=5+4
    GP 7/12

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-11 at 02:05 AM.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Reunion
    The Gnomes, for their part, had actually been overjoyed at the concept of making water from thin air. It was just so useful, and not just for circumventing having to get up from your seat for a glass of clean water. There was also the fact that a Gnome blacksmith could produce water in which to cool his newest creations, or a bartender could- with a bit of creativity- put on a spectacular waterfall inside of the bar without fussing with kegs of water.

Turkin, for his part, was a bit less overjoyed. "I assure you, I had no intentions of rushing this prophecy- its ending is hardly a happy one. As it appears, the 'Earth Children' were- in fact- long in production before my return here. As for immortality..." He paused, in thought, "Could I have a child before this process is done? Start a nice bloodline? I'm sure there's some young ladies that have their biological clocks- err, that is to say, their bodies ready and all that for a man of relative important like myself. Or are any kids out of the equation here?"
    "I am surprised that a man of your power and influence doesn't have many children already. Surely your females find you an acceptable mate? You of course may have children first. How many mates do you wish to have? The more you have, the stronger your bloodline will be, for the more children you can produce in your time. Be careful not to wait too long, though, for the ritual will be very tasking on your body, and if it has grown too frail you will not be able to complete it." Banchept replied.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chept society is prudish about mating. They're not sophisticated, but that doesn't make them Victorian.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-02-10 at 08:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506

"That is... thank you. I know you two hurt each other badly, back then. Even if she never knows, I like the thought that at least one of my uncles does not hate Teikoku. This trip has been most educational. I would hope we would have a chance to meet again one day." With another small curtsy, she clutched the deep blue scale at her throat, a swirling blue portal appearing behind her. "Fare thee well, my Honorable Uncle. Come on, Nia. Let's go." Without giving Sozuchi or his kin any further chance to speak, Rayne stepped through the portal. She was whisked safely back to Teppelin, just as promised.

Nia though... hesitated. She paused a few moments before blurting out once again. "...Thank you so very much, uncle Sozuchi! I have only had one friend before today. Now I have many more. I have been..." Abruptly, she stopped. She seemed as if there was something she wanted to say, but she couldn't quite bring herself to voice the words.

Homebrew:

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Sozuchi and Nia - the Riverways

"Speak, child. There is no need to worry. The first of those new friends you will have is me myself. You can ask me anything, say anything. Please, tell me, what is on your mind?"

28. - Top - End - #508

Nia, The Riverways

"It is just... I am upset, Honorable Uncle. And I am sad. And..."
    For the first time since her meeting with the River Serpent, the girl let a hint of worry creep into her eyes. "I have all the things I could wish for. I have toys, books, clothes, even an education. Thanks to your kindness, I even have friends. But... Uncle, I am scared. My sister will not tell me of things, but she is scared. My parents are scared. Something horrible is happening, and I can not do anything!"

Nia tucked her knees up close to her chest, head hanging. "And I am afraid as well. I feel like I must ask them to tell me the things that hurt them so, but every time I do, my heart fails me. And they hold me tight and I am comfortable, and safe, and they take the bad things away. And I let them, because I have touched a tiny bit of what they do every day and it hurts so much inside." At that moment, the young princess let loose a choked sob. "Honorable Uncle, make me braver! Or make me tougher, or make me not care anymore! Rayne says that I am the light she works so hard to protect - if that is true, why can I not protect myself? Why am I so weak that I feel even the tiniest sadness so strongly? Uncle, why do so many people have to hurt to keep the darkness away from me? Why am I worth that to them?"

Homebrew:

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Sozuchi - the Riverways

"My dear child, I will tell you a secret: I know how you feel about the pain of the ones you love hurt you even more than it does them. When that happened to me, it hurt so much that I tore my heart in two. I tried not caring, just to make the pain go away. All that did was make me hurt others. That goodness and light inside you is a very rare and special gift. Your heart is a precious thing. Never try to lose it. I cannot make you braver, for bravery isn't not feeling the pain and fear, it's being strong through it. As for strength, I could give you more power, but you are a child of a goddess and are a part of the Spiral. There is a power within your heart that shines brightly. You are only as weak as you say you are."

"You are worth that much to them because they love you and don't want to see you hurting. However, I believe they do you a disservice by preventing you from knowing of the outside world. There are dark and dangerous parts to it that even your sister is not ready for, but there are things you should know about. Would you like to know about some of the things the ones you love protect you from?"

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Blasted Isles

The Sleep Bugs were doing odd things to Vampires. For the first time Vampires could Dream, Vampiric dreams were... weird. For instance all the Vampires immediately knew they weren't awake due to the Hive Mind but couldn't wake until the Bug had passed. The Dreams themselves were weird to the Vampires. It was as if they had been transported to a new world, it stayed the same as long as one Vampire stayed in the Dream but as soon as the Vampires left it would immediately change. As if the 'portal' into the Dream would wander but would be rooted by the Vampiric Presence. It was... odd.
    Many Vampires spent their days in this Dream studying it and performing tests. They emulated the Gnomes (horrible little things but informative) in their studies but no breakthroughs had been made as of yet
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.