New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mewtwo's Challenge (IC)

"I like the scouting idea, actually! We Taylors have practiced the arts of defense all the way back to times of war; scoping out the enemy would let us see their routes, squad make-up and formation, habits and possibly even meter their strength. Maybe rank too. Then, all we have to do is ambush a squad or two to provoke the leader; he's bound to be upset with the attacks and will likely rush into things. If he is proud, humiliate him; his shame will expose his weakness." Kevin explained, smiling a bit as he threw a couple of punches and kicks out, essentially shadowboxing...
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-16 at 08:56 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki smiled underneath her cloak as even Kevin admitted her idea wasn't too bad. "Exactly my point. We can gather every bit of information we'd need ... including numbers, ranks, and whatnot if we do the scouting.. Also, waiting for them will only give them more time to prepare... whether for an ambush, get more troops ready, or anything and that'd just make this all worse. It's a fair enough assumption that we're drastically outnumbered... no sense in giving them too many more advantages. While we can, we should if not strike first get ready to do so." Maybe this kid wouldn't be so bad. At least he was seeing her point quicker than anyone else thus far. That in itself was making her feel better about him.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmmm....this sounds pretty risky. I didn't originally intend to fight these masters upon coming here. I was interested in studying the pokemon and minerals here to see if there is anything I could use in my...projects.

Buuuut...such a heroic deed may make up for my past transgressions. It might be worth the risk. The entire balance of nature is upset here and I have the means to right it. Such an exploit would but me back in business... Yes, I like how this is going.

Realizing that he had been saying his brooding thoughts aloud, Simon stops and laughs sheepishly as he tries to recover.

Ahhehhehah....yeah. I think a preliminary scouting mission would be the perfect thing to start this rebellion. We can get some information on the enemy before planning our attack.

4. - Top - End - #34

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki smirked as even Simon agreed next. "Well then... since most of us agree, we should head out." She then pulled her hood up, ensuring it remained over her face, and began heading out towards the jungle that was outside the main city on the island. She had her own curiosities about what was awaiting them. I suppose I'll find out soon... won't I? She asked, smiling as ideas began rushing through her head just from the numerous amount of possibilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright! Just need to focus..." Kevin replied, inhaling deeply. He breathed in for nearly ten seconds before holding the breath in. Exhaling slowly, a faint 'Haaa..." could be heard. He then stood before them in a rigid posture, eyes tightened a bit as he turned his attention back to his comrades.

"Ok, let's do this." he said, his tone firm; much calmer than the previous expressions of excitement...
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-16 at 09:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

DM Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[11]
    (1d100)[58]

As you all enter the jungle, the path disappears. As the trees get thicker, a group of Pokemon appear to bar your way. The three Pokemon attacking you appear to look like large pitcher plants.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-01-17 at 06:53 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

7. - Top - End - #37

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki sighed as the path disappeared and, soon after, Pokemon showed up. "Tch... so much for the ambush or going back after getting information. Seems we'll have to do it all at once. Akainu....go!" As she tossed her Pokeball out, her Houndoom appeared, growling at the plants before them. "Burn them away with Flamethrower!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Accuracy Check (2+): (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (4d20+20)[69]
    STAB: (1d8)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin rushed toward the creatures, hopping to the left as he strafed them. He pulled out a pokeball and threw it into the air, releasing a orange-plumed birdlike creature with wing-esque hands. "Karateka, go. These are grass-types, so let loose the fires within! Fire Blast!" he exclaimed as his companion landed.

"Combusk!" Karateka squawked, taking a deep breath as he continued his master's strafing maneuver, coming just about behind the group, still hanging slightly to their left flank. His plume reddened as he exhaled. COMMMBUSSSKENNNNNN!" he roared, spewing forth a cloud of flames that took the shape of a Daimonji as it flew toward its targets...

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kevin (HP: 163/163): Shift to 3-Meters directly left of enemy group, release Karateka.

Karateka (HP: 53/53): Shift to left side group's back (adjacent to one, if possible), use Fire Blast (2-Meter Blast; Accuracy (6): (1d20)[9] Dmg: (5d20)[41] + (1d10)[6] + 10 (57))
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-17 at 08:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Heh, I too have a pokemon strong against grass types. Kimono go! Those pokemon look like they could cool off after all of that fire. Give 'em a taste of Icy Wind!

Simon throws out a pokeball and from it materializes a white and purple floating pokemon. It seems to suck the warmth straight from the air as it levitates off of the ground.

Frossssss....lasssssss....

The pokemon seems to be taking a deep breath and then lets it loose, unleashing a column of biting cold wind. It aims its breath so as to hit as many of the attacking pokemon as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I roll attack and damage for each pokemon (assuming a 1 meter column hits more than one) or once for all?
    Icy Wind Attack roll: (1d20)[9]
    Damage roll:[roll]3d10+18[/roll]
    Last edited by Drogos; 2011-01-17 at 10:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looks like a battle then, eh? Ivan says, unhitching a pokeball from his belt. Well then, let's join in on the icy fun eh? Go, Marie! Ivan throws his pokeball to the side of the three pokemon, and watches as a large tan serpent emerges

Alright, Marie, cool them down with an ice beam!

Miloootic! Marie shouts as even more heat is sucked out of the air, into Marie's mouth. A ray of cold blasts out of Marie's mouth, barreling towards the Victorybell.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ice Beam Accuracy: (1d20)[14]
    Ice Beam Damage Roll: (4d20+17)[19][1][16][9](62)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The Victreebell stand no chance at the onslaught of ice and fire. The blasts propel them all backwards into the jungle, some the victims of intense burning while the others remain frozen in blocks of ice.

Experience (For Everyone):
    Spoiler
    Show
    4800 (If anyone took Ace Trainer for the Experience boost ability, this experience doesn't include the 1.2 boost.)
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Good. But we can't st... Wha...? Kevin began. Suddenly, Karateka began to set ablaze. Shocked, Kevin gasped as his companion roared out.

"Karateka!" he exclaimed, attempting to reach out to him before reeling back as the flames intensified, almost doubling in size. Then, just as suddenly, the flames burst as something shot into the air, dissipating into smoke. As Kevin looked upward, he saw it: his Combusken had evolved. Bold red plume replacing the orange, with cream feathers near the head and chest along with yellow around its feet. Karateka landed as a Blaziken, bearing talon-like hands and feet on his otherwise humanoid physique.

"Blaziken." he uttered, standing firm.

Kevin stuttered a bit as a smile began to form on his face. "O-o-o-oh my gosh; Karateka! Look at you! YOU'RE SO AWESOME LOOKING!" he let out in excitement, hopping around his friend as he examined him...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmm... yes it seems those defeated pokemon increased Kimono's power as well.
    Perhaps we could spend the day battling these pokemon to increase our own strength. My other two pokemon could definitely use a similar boost, though I admit they are both at a type disadvantage to plant pokemon like these...

14. - Top - End - #44

"Excellent job, Marie." Ivan says as he recalls his Milotic back into her pokeball. "You've done well, and now you deserve a rest. I must say, however," he says as he looks back to the group. "That was impressively done. With such a capable lot as ourselves, I'm beginning to get a little less nervous about all the fighting we'll have to do here."

15. - Top - End - #45

Tsubaki Lumina

"Fear often gives enemies a huge advantage should they ever note it. It's best to at least not seem it, even for when we find the Yanmega. But, I'm definitely beginning to agree with you as well." It was true --- prior to seeing everyone's capabilities, Tsubaki hadn't even been sure about this group existing. However, they had all proven themselves... but the one she'd been worried about most was the one that impressed her the most and that was Kevin.

Tsubaki thinks after a bit and, rather than recall Akainu like the others, keeps her out. "No sense in being ambushed like that again. Next time... we'll be more ready since Akainu will be able to hear or sniff anything even from a distance." She walked up to her Akainu and gently petted it, being wary of her flames. "Well done. Hope you don't mind this extra chore?" A shake of her dog's head was all she needed to see in order to reassure her. "Great.... thanks. Alright...." She then got an idea as she looked at the unconscious Victreebells. "Hm... see if you can get a scent off them? Maybe we can find the main base just from that."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The Houndoom sticks it's nose to the ground before raising up and nodding with a bark. Apparently it has found something.

17. - Top - End - #47

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki gives Akainu an approving nod. "Alright then, Akainu....." She pulls her hood up a bit more before resuming. "Go on and lead the way." She herself got behind her Pokemon and began keeping a steady walking pace in order to make sure she didn't fall too far behind. Sometimes, mainly out of instinct, Akainu could go really fast even when only walking and now could easily be one of those times.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmm looks like the Houndoom has found something, I wonder what. While we walk, myself and my pokemon are going to take a look and see if we can find anything nearby. Jungles are great places to search for buried treasures.

Kimono! Scan from above. Let me know if you spot anything interesting. I'll search from the path.

Using Petrologist Features as we travel.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stone Hunting: Petrologist Feature
    Daily – Every 10 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
    Target: Anywhere on a Route.
    Effect: Say any whole number, then roll 1d20 and add your WIS and INT modifier. If the number you said before your roll is less then 3 whole numbers away from your roll you find an Evolutionary stone chosen by your GM.

Rare Item Hunting: Petrologist Feature
    Daily – Every 10 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
    Effect: Say any whole number, and then roll 1d20. If the number you said before your roll is equal to your roll plus or minus either your WIS or INT modifier you find a rare item chosen by your GM.
    Fossil Hunting: Petrologist Feature

Prerequisites: Petrologist, successfully used a Hunting Petrologist Feature 3 times
    Effect: Say any whole number, and then roll 1d20. If the number you said before your roll is equal to your roll plus or minus either your WIS or INT modifier you find a pokemon fossil chosen by your GM.

Stone Hunting number guess: 21
    Stone Hunting Roll:(1d20+7)[26]

Rare Item Hunting number guess: 18
    Rare Item Hunting Roll: (1d20)[13]

Fossil Hunting number guess: 18
    Fossil Hunting Roll: (1d20)[9]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Blaz." Karateka huffed, laying a hand on Kevin's shoulder as he hopped about. Taking note of this, Kevin halted, taking in a deep breath, holding it momentarily and then exhaling slowly once more.

"You're right; we still have a task ahead of us." he replied, nodding in thanks to his companion. Turning his attention to the Tsubaki, he gestured his birdlike companion to follow as he dashed ahead. "Karateka and I will tail behind your dog, if you don't mind; we'll serve as back up should we be running into another group."

20. - Top - End - #50

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki thought a bit before shaking her head no. "That, actually, would probably be more beneficial to avoid not just ambushes but flanking as well. Go on with your idea, Kevin-kun." She smiled a bit. So far, it seemed like she'd be able to show her real self soon as it was becoming easier to talk amongst all these other people. Never once had any one person or group been able to have done this so she wanted to be proven wrong and see that they could make her feel comfortable enough. Trust was a huge issue for her, especially as her former sensei had betrayed it and worse. In all honesty, it had been the main reason she had come here. Mewtwo had sounded like Sabrina... and she wanted to try to save him, no matter what the cost.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Drogos
    Spoiler
    Show
    While walking along the jungle following the others you spot a small seed lying in the soil, it seems to radiate a special aura from around it (miracle seed)

The Dr's Froslass (Kimono) flies down near the front of the group and appears to speak to the Houndoom that makes it stop and sniff the air before talking back. The two continue their discussion before slowly moving forward apparently they have seen something up ahead.

~moments later~

You all halt when the pokemon do and can see it ahead of you. A group of large purple pokemon with horns covering their bodies stand almost as guards and appear to be looking around. A small area behind them appears to be a clearing and is occupied by a large hive looking like formation.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ah this looks interesting.

Says Simon as he picks up the seed.

Doesn't look like anything any of my pokemon can use though. Ah it looks like those are... Nidoking?

So do we have a plan of infiltration? Something about charging head first into a bug den seems unwise. Perhaps, your fire types could smoke them out?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Do you happen to have any pokemon whose type would work against the... nidokings, they're called? Karateka, Akainu, Tsubaki and I could try to slip by while they were distracted with combat..." Kevin proposed.

24. - Top - End - #54

I've got Jung to dish out some psychic damage to those poison types. If anyone else has any ground or psychic types, we can knock them out at range hopefully for a quick win. Ivan says, looking to the others.
    Last edited by Kira_the_5th; 2011-01-18 at 10:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Heh, my Dreadrock and I could for sure make quite the scene out here. But I think my Kingler may fare better. I say all three of us just hit the nidokings and then we take our next move together. Charging into a bug hive by yourself may be a trap.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If that's our course of action, I have another companion that could serve as a blocker for your pokemon." Kevin replied.
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-01-19 at 03:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki finally spoke after having been silent to have thought for a while, "With all due respect, these ideas are all good but we need to stick with one and execute it. I doubt they're going to keep giving us time to figure out all we wish to do you know. Right now, splitting up might not be a good idea as we don't know exactly where we have to go so.... I think we should all face them head on."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yes, attacking them at once and finishing the battle as quickly and quietly is probably the most preferable option.

Simon takes out a pokeball and wordlessly releases the pokemon contained within. A large, orange, crab-looking pokemon hefting a massive claw appears.

Heh, this is my Kingler, Pinchy. It was a good name for him when he was a Krabby. Now a pinch from this guy could be a death sentence. Hes a bit Hasty and will probably want to attack soon. You guys ready?

29. - Top - End - #59

"I'm ready." Ivan says, releasing a large lavender cat from one of his pokeballs. "And so is Jung here. I'll be able to provide you with some ranged support with psychic, though I doubt too many of them will be necessary."

30. - Top - End - #60

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki tapped her fingers against her belt gently before nodding slowly. "Akainu... take a break from scouting for a bit. Azarashi, come out!" As she returned her Houndoom, she deployed her female Seel. "With this, I do believe I'm ready."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment