New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Mewtwo's Challenge (IC)

Simon makes it to the lab after returning successfully from the field. Hes just in time to see the Yanmega's pokeball being installed in the glass tube.

Woo, sorry I'm late, Professor Willow. I was out gathering some samples with my pokemon and made an exciting discovery! My Onix dredged up a fossil and I believe it contains preserved biological remains of an ancient pokemon. Based on the appearance of the fossil, and the fact that this island contains a majority of bug and grass pokemon, I believe this fossil to be of an rock/grass type Lileep. I have some basic equipment with me that may be able to extract the DNA and revive the fossil, but I'm sure your lab has machines that will do it in no time. Mind if I go set about bringing this thing back to life? I'm sure I can work the machine myself if you show me where its at.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki raised an eyebrow as she looked over to Kevin. "You truly thought he meant a physical fist fight? Baka.... the only people who would even suggest that are those who actually know how to. I'm pretty damn sure he meant a Pokemon battle.... not a fist fight." She looked over to the man who'd approached Kevin, her hood still remaining up for now. "Correct, sir?"
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Baka? You talk funny. And hey, I was just asking was all; he said he wanted to see how strong I was; how's he going to know if only my pokemon fight? A person's strength isn't to be judged by the power of their companions, weapons or any other external forces as far as I'm concerned." Kevin replied in a huff, arms crossed.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Tsubaki/Kevin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man shakes his head. "No. I did mean a Pokemon battle though a real fight would make sense, it would not show me the power that defeated the Yanmega as I highly doubt you went against the beast with only your bare hands. We'll do this outside though. Wouldn't want to involve any of the civilians."

Lab:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Willow looks over. "Huh? Fossil? Oh... yes yes yes yes. The machine's over there in the corner." He says, pointing to a rather worn-down looking contraption that seems to be collecting dust. Apparently, Willow hasn't used a fossil in a very long time. "Now let's see here...." As the Yanmega's ball enters the containment, it opens. A slight sighing sound is heard. So you've beaten me huh? Hm... it's not as bad as I would think. Although I would have preferred a nicer cell. Some of the computer screens begin lighting up as the Professor goes to look at them. "Interesting.... It would appear that this particular Yanmega's brain functions are higher than that of a normal one. "
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Gotcha gotcha. I wanted to fight it, but it was too high up for me to reach most of the time..." Kevin replied, making his way out...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

The man stepped out as he ready a ball. "1 vs 1, I'm sue you've got more but this is my only partner here." He throws out the Pokeball deploying a Kabutops.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin eagerly pulled a pokeball off his holster "Heheh, I only have two myself. Go, Yokozuna!" he exclaimed, throwing the ball as it released the hefty pokemon.

"Hari!" Yokozuna barked, stamping a foot into the ground as he panned his hands out, standing firm...

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

(I'm guessing Kabutops is faster [12 spd] so I'll go first in moving) "Kabutops Rain Dance!"

A storm cloud appears overhead as it begins raining hard on the ground.

9. - Top - End - #129

Tsubaki Lumina

Tsubaki had thought a bit before finally deciding to follow behind Kevin in the end. It wasn't too much longer after she found a place to sat that it began to rain, making her inwardly sigh, Ugh... lovely.... Still, she doubted it'd rain for too long; after all it was only being caused by a move and therefore wasn't natural. However... wasn't Kabutops considered a rock or at least ground? If so, why was he making it use Rain Dance? Hm... this might be an interesting fight worth watching after all... She thought, her legs crossing over one another as she continued watching..
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Show 'im what you're made of, Yokozuna! Go ahead and freestyle!" Kevin ordered, chuckling with excitement.

"Hariyama!" Yokozuna roared, springing forward with a shallow but long jump forward, his hands flowing inward before touching his fingers at his core. Landing firmly on the ground before his foe, the large pokemon bent his knees as he shifted forward, his arms thrusting forward in a fierce double-palm...

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yokozuna(97/97 ((OOC: I assume we healed?)) ): Move to Kabutops, Force Palm (Accuracy (2): (1d20)[15] (Paralyzes on 18-20); Dmg: (3d10)[16] + (3d10)[12] (STAB, Improved Fighting Attacks +) + 20 (Atk) + 10 (Improved Attacks Z+) = 58 x2 (Weakness) = 116
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-16 at 02:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Meanwhile...back at the Lab!

Simon Solum's eyes widen as the machine previously containing his inanimate fossil opens to reveal a small pink pokemon. The unfossilized pokemon sways on its thin stalk of a body and stares at his new owner, a creature it had never seen before. It watched as the man stared at it, returning with an expressionless, alien gaze of its own. It un-suctions its body and crawls forward inquisitively.

Whoaho, so these machines.... they really do work! And what a fine, healthy-looking specimen at that. You can hardly tell its a couple million years old. Excellent. I look forward to raising this Lilleep... Xxiphu I shall call you, in honor of an old ancient city of horrific myth. For that is what you are. Ancient and alien, practically a creature from another world. Return now so that you may know your new home at my side.

He takes out an empty pokeball he had grabbed off of a huge rack the professor had in the lab. Pressing the middle button first, he recalls the Lileep into the spherical container. He runs over to the other side of the lab to check on the progress of Sumac and Willow with the Yanmega.

Oh Professor Willow, look it was a success. I have a brand new fossil pokemon now. You wouldn't know of any low level pokemon I would be able to pit it against so I can test out its combat abilities would you? This is a pokemon lab, there must be dozens of low level household pokemon around here, right?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Willow thinks looking up from the research. "I believe we have a geodude out back for heavy lifting he should do."

@Forte:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes we did.

Pokemon Battle
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're attack lands solid with the Kabutops as it is hurled backwards, it seems in pan but not out just yet. "Kabutops Watter Pulse!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9] (confuse on 17~20) (3d10+9)[21]Damage x (1.5) for Raindance, + STAB (1d10)[1]=32 -Sp Defense.

Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-02-16 at 09:49 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Was that...?! It was! Ho-Oh's Talon: Rainbow's Piercing Wing! That's one of dad's signature moves! Great job, Yokozuna!" Kevin explaimed, grinning vigorously at the new discovery.

As the water attack impacted into Yokozuna, he flexed his torso firmly against it, exhaling a firm "Yama!" as he brunted the blow.

"Heheh, it'll take a lot more than that to bring Yokozuna down; he's a hard nut to crack! Show him you know how to throw your weight around, buddy! Use earthquake!" Kevin shouted.

"Hari! Hari..." Yokozuna uttered, approaching the scythe-bearing creature once more before jumping slightly off the ground. Performing a single frontflip, Yokozuna came crashing down on the ground between the two combatants with a loud "Yamaaa!", stirring up the ground furiously from the impact...

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yokozuna (81/97): Move to Kabutops, Earthquake (Accuracy (2): [roll1d20[/roll]; Dmg: (5d20)[48] + 20 (Atk) + 10 (IAZ+) = 78 x2 weakness = 156
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-17 at 03:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmmm... Lileep vs Geodude, rock type vs rock type. Doesn't sound like too exciting of a battle but if that is the only possibility I guess I can go along with it. Does the Geodude belong to one of the Lab assistants around here of something? Just point him out and I will ask him for a quick training match.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Forte
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Kabutops jumps high over the earthquake as it flips down towards you

Slash
    Accuracy (2+Evasion to hit):(1d20)[9]
    Damage: (2d20+12)[30]

Drogos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr Willow points back towards a young kid who is most likely just tarting out in his carer as a reasearcher. "Your Lileep should be alright against it... If anything here. He hands you a small green CD (TM Mega Drain) "He still owes me for his supplies so maybe this will be a healthy reminder, his name s Adam."

Lab
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eys on the Yanmega continue to glow as a faint blue outline begins to form around the box. "Oh goodness, this Yanmega knows Psychic!"
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-02-19 at 11:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

I trust this container can withstand that, yes? Ivan says, moving into a defensive position in the lab. Though, in retrospect, I probably should have told you that sooner... Ivan looks worriedly at the container, before steeling his resolve and shouting out.

Yanmega, stand down!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hari... Yokozuna uttered, wincing slightly as he took the slash across his chest. He then slammed his hands around his foe, locking him into a grapple.

"Keep going, Yokozuna! You can take more punishment than this! Show him your Vital Throw!" Kevin yelled, clenching a fist as he thrust it ahead, smirking.

The hulking fighter loosened his grip slightly before slapping a hand down on the rocky foe's waist, his other hand shifting down to wrap around an arm as Yokozuna began to pull the Kabutops, pivoting into a twirling motion for roughly two full spins before tossing the opposing pokemon away, sending it through the air in the direction of its trainer...

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yokozuna (67/97): Vital Throw to Kabutops (No-Miss, Dmg: (2d20)[9] + (3d10)[15] (Boosted STAB) + 20 (Atk) + 10 (IAZ+) = 54 x2 Weakness = 108
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-21 at 03:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[52]
    The Yanmega's Psychic begins to intensify but then fizzles out.... almost like a fire does before going out. Professor Willow quickly scans the Yanmega again. "Now it's gone! The higher level brain functions it was once using have disappeared! I believe this Pokemon was under the influence of a very strong mind."

Outside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Kabutops is hit hard by the Vital Throw, tossed into a nearby tree. It starts trying to get up but falls defeated. "You're pretty good, kid." The man said, returning his Kabutops. "I feel better knowing you're on this mission. Guess you're why they say not to judge books by covers. Well... I hope you'll be as lucky on the other Isles. I hear that they get even tougher with fights." He throws you a Full Restore for your trouble before heading off.

Experience: 3840
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-02-23 at 08:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ah yes, this will be perfect.

*Uses TM on Lileep*

Excellent, now lets go see how it does. Excuse me young man. My name is Dr. Simon Solum. I just recently regenerated a pokemon from a fossil and wish to perform a quick battle analysis on it. I hear you have a geodude of the appropriate level. Would you care to battle?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kevin caught the full restore before putting it into his pack. "Heheh, thanks! Personally, I'm looking forward to the tougher fights ahead; pop raised me to be the successor of Ho-Oh's Talon, after all. The art of the heavenly bird is an elegant style, but even moreso a firey and fierce fighting discipline and I would be no true successor if I couldn't complete a quest for pop. Plus it gives me a chance to toughen up these pokemon and nab some more fighting types to build up a team worthy of inheriting the family gym! he spoke in a flurry, fists and feet flying as he hopped a flipped about during his 'speech'. His display finished, he took a short breather before making his way back in.

As he returned to the center, he took notice of Tsubaki. "So, did you see? What'd you think? Pretty good, huh? That guy never stood a chance against my pokemon anyway; a rock-type is almost sure to have a hard time with a fighter." he said, making his way to the nurse, though still keeping an ear out for his companion...

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I heal?

21. - Top - End - #141

Tsubaki Lumina

Underneath her cloak, Tsubaki had been smirking.. He had, indeed, proven himself quite well. But what had really bothered her was ... had that really been all the man wanted to see? She was a tad unsure herself but still.. she wouldn't pry into his thoughts. She only did that on an as-needed basis and since she wasn't feeling any bad vibes from him, she wouldn't do so. "Hold up....." She said, kneeling beside Yokozuna. Her voice got even softer as she spoke to the Pokemon, "Just relax okay? This won't hurt at all...." She gently laid her hands on Yokozuna, making a blue aura appear.

She stood up when she was finished and, as far as Kevin could tell, Yokozuna didn't look even the slightest bit hurt. In fact... she looked as if she hadn't even been in a battle yet. Finally, she acknowledged his words, "Yes, you did very well. However, do remember types don't always matter. They really don't either as I'm sure I'm not the first to have told you this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh... I can do one better. I'm a Healer. Using Serious Healing Power feat.

HPs Yokozuna recovers:(4d20+5)[55]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice! Oh, Yokozuna is male btw, but no biggie. XD

"Wow, you patched him up! Those powers are something else! Thanks! Yeah, I agree with you about typing. I mean, with those water attacks Karateka might've had some issues, but you are right; anyone with the right honing of mind, body and spirit can overcome their weaknesses, hehe. At least, that's what pops always tells me. If he were here, I bet he'd already be onto the next place on his own. He's crazy strong and like one of the best aura users I've ever seen! He's one of only a few aura users I've seen, but still! Man, I need to find like a Riolu or Lucario so I can show you this stuff. Yokozuna can do some aura stuff, but one of those would be able to show you some really neat techniques." Kevin replied.

23. - Top - End - #143

Tsubaki Lumina

As Tsubaki looked around after listening to Kevin, she noted they seemed to be two men short. 'Hm... do you know where the other two went by chance?" She wasn't overly worried about something going wrong but she also did prefer knowing her full surroundings. In this case, it now seemed to include her comrades considering they were to soon to go to another Isle. "I'm gonna go on and try to get some rest. I'll see you in the morning.." With that, she began heading up to her room.

Spoiler
    Show
    I never .... oh I guess I did. Oops *note made*
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah, gotcha. I guess I'll wait around for the others, then. he said, shifting his attention to his husky companion. "Yokozuna, you were great today. Let's call it a day though, ok?" he said, pulling out his companion's ball.

"Hari." Yokozuna replied, nodding. Kevin then pressed into the ball's button before aiming it at his ally, withdrawing him back into his dwelling...

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Lab/Yanmega cage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Willow looked over towards Kira, "Amazing,the effects of that ball seemed to have overridden the mind control."

Lab Tech
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Heh alright but lets go outside so we can fight without threatening the lab equipment."

Pokemon Center
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rooms are availablein the pokemon center for everyone along with a dinner.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ah excellent. Lead the way, young man.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

The lab tech leads you outside to the training area where they would normally train thier own fossils.
    Alright this looks like a good spot, lets go Geodude!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alright Xxiphu, lets see what you can do!

Solum throws out the ancient pokemon's pokeball into the middle of the field, positioning Xxipu in the center of the battlefield.

Xxipu! Wait for the Geodude to close in, then Mega Drain!

Attack Roll: (1d20)[16]
    Attack Damage:(2d10+6)[23]+(1d6)[1] x4 super effective=

29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fascinating... Ivan says as he approaches Yanmega's cage. The mind control effect is overridden by a pokeball, eh? Well, I believe we've found a way to release these islands from their current troubles. Tell me, Professor Willow, how many other islands are having these problems, and where is the closest?