New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Monstrous Uprising Group Alpha IC

"How many times do I have to explain what a drider is? Am I the only caveborn here?"

But she's more than happy to be unlocked. "They didn't take my symbol, but not enough of my current spells are useful. Shame, that, but I'll do my best."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

*Innocent, 'Who, me?' expression*Naughty? Adaucious scamp? *Look of pained righteousness* All I said was that if the guards hear you talking they'll know something's wrong--after all, you're supposed to be gagged. Now that they've almost certainly realized something is wrong..well, the time for subtlety has passed, turn loose the hound of War. Or the spider thereof, as the case may be.

The bobby pins lift gently from the corner of Oliver's unsettling smile and drift into place--one in his lock and one in Aynestra's. Oliver's back-strappings begin to come undone, as he requested; from the speed of the work and Rictus' tightened face, it's clear the cat is mentally urging his unseen servant to work as fast as it possibly can.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

In short order each of the bars on Aynestra's legs come off and she grins."Your turn, hyena-thing. And if anyone knows how to open that tank I'd be glad to hear about it."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

The slime creature gurgles at the Drider in Undercommon, "I know of your kind, flesh-spider." Then adds to the rest, "Now, might one of you please let me out of this darn contraption?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Really? She spends all this time complaining about how people talk to her, and doesn't even bother with my species, let alone my name Nerishana thinks to herself.

Just hurry and get me out of these damn chains. I know a great way to open up that jar. It'll serve as a good example to those who think to get in my way on my way out.

She grins beneath her muzzle, and her eyes dance with feral anticipation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    So, where does he get the rapier from? I'm curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

She smirks at Nerishana--See how you like it. Then she sets to work on the were's chains.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Nerishana does what she can to expedite the process, lending Aynestra whatever aid she can muster. As the iron sheaths come off her hands, Nerishana rolls her wrists in their sockets, limbering up and letting life flow back into her hands. She flexes her claws, and the simple action renews her confidence. As Aynestra continues to free her feet, Nerishana makes short work of the constricting muzzle, rubbing her face where it pressed down hard against the skin, and smoothing out the lines in her fur. She bends down and helps undo the manacle around her last foot. She manages to say, more than a bit begrudgingly:

Thank you.

She moves quietly on padded feet over to where Rictus is hovering. She still can't believe the cat's appearance, and frankly, she finds it repulsive; anything that well-mangled ought to be dead. She figures she ought to feel sorry for him, but that smile, it completely disarms Nerishana of whatever empathy she may have been able to bring to bear. Trying not to dwell on it too much, Nerishana, with Aynestra's help and a bit of leverage, manages to pry the collar off of Rictus enough for the grotesque cat to slip free of his bonds.

Just as stealthily, Nerishana pads over to Bllrrgllrrb's "tank," and begins looking for a more convenient way of getting the blob out. In doing so, she comes face-to-face with him, or at least in close proximity to him, seeing as he really doesn't have a face. As she examines his prison, he follows her movements, and it Nerishana's fur begins to stand on end. Bllrrgllrrb unnerves Nerishana more than even Rictus. Just a few minutes ago, this blob was talking about how "your kind" put him in this prison, and remarking casually about how that was not the proper behavior for "prey;" Nerishana hopes he was being overly dramatic about it, and recognizes the difference between their captors and herself. At the least, she figures she can trust him long enough to escape. He seems smart enough to understand that he needs her help, and he did take care of that annoying itch; she owes him for that.

Can anybody think of anything to muffle the sound? I can get him out, but it's going to be loud; otherwise, we'll have to be ready to make our move shortly afterwards.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2011-01-19 at 09:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elan owns two rapiers. His first rapier was stolen by Nale when he impersonated Elan. He got a second rapier from Julio Scoundrél as a gift. Then, he retrieved his original rapier when he defeated Nale and reclaimed all of his equipment.

HA!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oliver's smile beams as the last strap comes off of his straightjacket. He bundles up the cloth, and holding open his coat, stuffs is out of sight under one side. When he closes the jacket, there's no evidence the restraining device is under it. Doffing his cap, he grabs the iron chains with one hand, a grimace of distaste on his face, and holds it at arms length as he lowers it into the opening of the hat. The chain goes in easily, but no indication of weight on the top of the hat is seen. Dropping the last link in with a shake, he twirls the hat right-side up, and smacks it back on his head.
    "Why do we need to be silent," he asks. The toothy grin is back.
    Last edited by The Antigamer; 2011-01-20 at 12:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

(Assuming the above post is canon)

If the guards can bind us all this well--personalized restraints with heavy enchantment--I'd *assumed* they'd also be able to hear us; magically, presumably, given the din of those horses. In which case *Grin* I've a riddle for you, guards: why is the King not like a flash-flood? Either way, discussing our escape plans openly seemed a suspect way to bring them to fruition, but...well, apparently I was giving the guards credit for greater common sense than they possess. Haven't you ever wondered why it's called common sense even though it's surprisingly rare? I have.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"Common sense is most uncommon, you're right." She stretches. "I'm guessing they don't believe that non-humans are as smart as they are. It's the kind of thing racists would think."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, the rest of you get working on the door.

Nerishana sizes up the tank one last time, looking for a good spot. She balls up her fist, takes a deep breath, and slams it with all her strength into the side of the glass. She follows it with her other fist, again smashing the tank with all the force she can bring to bear. There is no finesse, just raw, savage power behind each blow. Her flurry is unrelenting, one punch following another as fast as she can throw them. Each blow stings as her knuckles connect, but years of callouses dull the pain to an acceptable throbbing, one which Nerishana can easily ignore, fixated on her goal as she is. The tank cracks, and eventually she shatters a respectable hole in it; the shards cut her hands, but without the dreaded kiss of silver, the wounds close over nigh instantaneously. Nerishana scrambles backwards as Bllrrgllrrb surges free.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2011-01-19 at 09:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

HA!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course, Nerishana." She sets to work on the door.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Rictus looks at Nerishana approvingly, and words appear in the puddle forming around the shattered vat. Impressive *Grin* Now about this muzzle...?

14. - Top - End - #44

Oliver leans over and unstraps the buckles holding the cat's mouth shut.
    "See how nice I am? And after your little fun earlier too."
    Straightening, he looks at the motley crew with approval.
    "And now we wait, and when they open the door, we pop out and start dancing!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

The cat makes a wounded face at Oliver. "Well, really; as I said, I was only trying to make sure we didn't alert the guards. Thank you, though." Rictus stretches and peers around, then closes his eyes for a moment.

(OOC: I'm trying to get my soulmelds to come back on. Does it work?)

16. - Top - End - #46

Oliver lowers his eyebrows in confusion
    "If we don't alert the guards, how are we going to murder them with violence?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Stealthily. Which is always more fun--don't you love surprising people, Oliver? I always do."
    Last edited by Kallisti; 2011-01-20 at 09:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Oliver holds up his hands, still confused.
    "But that's what the dancing is for!"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Rictus holds up his front paws, mirroring Oliver. "They're not exclusive! Besides, the look on their faces when they finally realize we're there--isn't it a thing of beauty?"

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show
    Rictus doesn't have front paws...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When I refer to his paws, I mean his stumps. It's just that 'front paws' feels more natural than 'front stumps'.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I refer to his paws, I mean his stumps. It's just that 'front paws' feels more natural than 'front stumps'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rictus also isn't natural

Oliver smiles.
    "Yes, that it is my feline friend, that it is."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Aynestra smiles at the two of them. "I agree, it's always entertaining to startle people. Especially when you're on the ceiling and you drop to the floor . . ."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Or in a teacup and drop into their eyes." Rictus grins and begins to fade from view.

Spoiler
    Show
    My Controlled Invisibility grants me Total Concealment, which is enough to hide in, so Hide (1d20+23)[25]; Move Silently (1d20+23)[26]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The lot of you babble too much." Mutters the slime, as he reduces the yellow-green opacity from his protoplasm, turning almost completely clear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+15)[23]
    Move Silently (1d20+9)[25]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Nerishana approaches the door.

How have they still not heard us? I know these walls are thick, but still, I'd have thought the sound of the tank shattering would have gotten some reaction...maybe dancing is the only way to get their attention, but you'll not catch me dead doing it.

She sizes up the door, pushes gently on it to ensure that its appropriately barred, and sums up her options. Perhaps a good, hard kick?

Spoiler
    Show
    With nothing to hide behind, I'll not bother making hide/move silently checks. However, just for the heck of it, here's Nerishana's spot and listen checks to keep track of her party members' locations:

Spot - (1d20+11)[21]
    Listen - (1d20+11)[21]

Edit: Looks like I'm "taking 10"

If there is no reaction from outside, Nerishana will, with or without help, attempt to bust open the door; if she has regained her powers, she will first assume her Large hybrid form.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 2011-01-21 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

HA!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Rictus' voice emerges from thin air, right in Nerishana's ear. "While we're on the subject of escape, I should like to point out that now I'm free I could fit through any space we find. Is there a crack under the door? I can't see, my eyes are closed."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It may be of use for me to void the area of sound, so that the guards will not hear our exit. Still, this will eliminate our capacity for speech, at least for the time being...not that I would necessarily mind." Bllrrgllrrb grumbles.
    Spoiler
    Show

Should I get everyone's permission to do so, I cast Silence over the back of the caravan.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nerishana ***** an ear as she shifts into her hybrid form, a process that takes only seconds for her experienced self and hears..... nothing. not even the wheels and the bumps that should be jostling everyone around. There is a faint sound of shouts coming from out of the wagon followed by a few screams. Upon closer inspection there is a small opening under the door that is less than 2 inches open.

(There IS a magical light source if it wasn't obvious)
    Benedictus, Venit in Nomine, in Nomine, Domini, Hossanna in Excelsis........

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Rictus, still hidden, dissolves into a small wisp of near-translucent mist and slips through the opening beneath the door, peering around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Sky Walk ability. So Wind Walk, only I get to keep using Maddening Whispers.