New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Away from the Sun

Mergrak looks back at the human who has an amazing haircut. He reminded him of the shamans of his late tribe.

*chew chew swallow*

"I don't mind. I'm new in this town and I'm just meeting new people, like Mengjin here. Have a seat and enjoy a piece of awesome fish," says Mergrak offering a seat (and fish) to the newcomer.

He then notices the wolf accompanying him. "It it with you?"
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-25 at 10:17 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Boz sits, nods a salutation to Mengjin and thanks Mergrak for the piece of fish. He splits it in half and shares it with the wolf. "Yeah, I actually met him on my way here- I think he got separated from his pack, or maybe they ran into something they couldn't handle and he was the sole survivor." he says as he points to a puckered scar on the wolf's jawline. "I'm really not sure, he came to me in shambles when I was meditating in the forest, and I nursed him back to health."
    "My name's Boz by the way. So how about this festival? There's so many people!"

3. - Top - End - #33

BlueWizardGirl

More than a few were all too eager to practically leap out of Sakura's way as she twirled and jigged through the throngs of merry commoners. It was the swords, certainly. She had tied her katana across her back and her wakizashi so that the tip of its scabbard pointed down across her right leg, both so that they wouldn't hit anyone by accident, but they still held their own presence. Even though she was smiling brightly and dancing with the rest of them she was sure it was hard for them not to feel even a little threatened by one of the few figures present bearing weapons.

At least they didn't get to see her armour; for once she wore her long tunic of leather scale beneath her kimono: a simple pink affair for this affair, with magenta crescent moons. It was uncomfortable, but worth it. For most of the night she had actually been patrolling the city--dancing all the while but patrolling nonetheless. No matter where she went, though she danced and made merry just like everyone else, she was always alert, ready to intervene should anything happen. She wasn't obligated to do it--Father hadn't given her a new mission yet, letting her enjoy the festival--but why not? Since her recent accomplishment--aiding the sheriff in removing a gang of smugglers and bandits--crime had calmed down to a trickle. There was certainly a greater presence of guards all across the city tonight, but nobody had been attacked, robbed or otherwise impeded from having a good time.

The samurai's ears perked up as an unfamiliar music filled them. She followed the music, finding herself right in front of an event she had never seen before. Plenty of people had gathered around and were clapping to the beat; Sakura joined them. It was a combination of a fight and a dance, the two men constantly flowing around and across each other, in and out of each other's reach. Sakura tried her best to maintain some focus on keeping watch for danger but it was quite difficult; the moves they used were fascinating in their uniqueness. Despite it being a performance she found herself watching closely, analyzing their techniques.

Some of them, like the jumping kicks, were familiar to her, but then there were the others...No matter what position either one found himself in he was always able to either dodge or counterattack, often both at the same time! Somebody who actually used this in a fight could tumble and jump circles around his opponent, attacking in unexpected ways from almost any direction. What seemed like an opportunity to attack--such as when they stood on their hands--would be quickly punished by a kick to the face. Sakura yearned to give it a try--she could probably do what they did with a little practice--but her swords would get in the way and she couldn't untie them.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check to see anything out of the ordinary around her:

[roll0]

Listen check to hear anything that could sound like trouble. A sword being drawn, a scream of something other than joy, etc.:

[roll1]

The intricate precision and flawless execution of their movements was almost hypnotic, in a way. She was used to concentrating on flashing swords, but this...The music, the clapping, the cheering, the dance; it was all too much.

(OOC: Edited to take into account results of rolls.)
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2011-01-26 at 12:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

OldWizardGuy

"A honor to meet you, it is, Boz," replies Mergrak with a short bow. "Yeah, the festival is a flashy thing, very colorful. I've never seen something like this before, but I like it."

*chew chew swallow*

Mergrak finishes eating his fish and drinks a sip of his fruity liquor. "Ahhhh, this is better. A good poultry and a sweet booze!"

He relaxes a little and notices Boz's staff. "So Boz, allow me to ask, are you a priest?"
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-26 at 12:27 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

5. - Top - End - #35

HalfOrcPirate

"A priest? No. Well, your people might refer to me as one- if I understand correctly that there is a reverence for nature in your society? I'm sorry, I have to admit my ignorance of anything involving culture. I was raised and trained in a monastery in the Elderoot among Elves and Orcs, I only recently left the forest for the first time to explore the world at large." Boz takes a drink, noticing Mergrak and Mengjin's attire he asks "But what about you two? Your equipment makes me think that you are of the same adventurous mold as me."

6. - Top - End - #36

OldWizardGuy

"Right you are," says Mergrak. "We're both warriors, with different styles of swordplay. Mengjin here seems good with light weapons and speed, as for myself, I prefer big swords adjusted to my size, like this no-dachi."

*gulp gulp*

"As for my people, yeah, we have more like a druidic tradition. Not my case obviously."
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

7. - Top - End - #37

DwarfFighterGuy

"A reverence for nature amongst humans? It's a strange thing, that.
    "I suppose that many do enjoy nature, but as you can see from this town, our reverence doesn't seem to be that strong or absolute."

Mengjin takes a sip of amazake.
    "Now, as for adventuring, I don't quite think I fit that label. I prefer... armed traveller.
    "Or uh, warrior, as Mergrak puts it. I wouldn't label myself as light and speedy, though."

"Now, if you were raised in a monastic setting, I'm quite curious about what you learned.
    "If you don't mind, of course."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Murky Waters Tavern

Spoiler
    Show
    I know y'all RPed it out, excellent, but don't forget to deduct the money from your sheets.

The bartender approached the three chatting warriors and collected their tabs, smiling as she finished up gathering her money from everyone in the bar. Every patron payed; Murky Waters, and Tonia as a whole, was known for the general honesty of it's people. The goodly races had been through so much in the past few centuries that they were typically grateful to still exist.

"About ten minutes, m' friends, and the tavern'll close down for the fireworks," the Hengeyokai woman announced to the bar.

Tonia Gate Tower

The young Samurai yawned and rubbed his eyes, taking another swig of his bottle of firewater to keep himself awake. He was part of the city's patrol this night, and though he would have enjoyed the celebration, duty was paramount to him. But the position was an honorary one at best, much like the wooden palisade walls; Tonia was relatively safe and always had been. Any invading oni would have to pass between the capital city of Anu and the forest of Elderoot, both of which would demolish any army. And the dwarves in the mountains to the north kept the barbarians at bay as they had for thousands of years....so long that modern scholars wondered if the tribes even still existed.

So the Samurai let his guard down and his eyelids droop....he would never see the shifting shadow behind him, never see or hear the stealthy figure drop down from the Gate Tower's high window. He did hear the scimitar cut through his fleshy chest, however, and he definitely felt the ninja's hand grasp his mouth to stifle his yell.

The stealthy warrior grinned and turned to the gate's controls. Covered from head-to-toe in a dark red bodysuit, the ninja wore a mask with the Yin-Yang symbol for the face. The colors were not black and white, however, but red and silver.
    Last edited by Talon Sky; 2011-01-26 at 02:40 PM.
    Drow Samurai avatar by Ranger Mattos!

9. - Top - End - #39

HalfOrcPirate

Boz drinks deeply from his mug before answering. "The martial aspect wasn't really the focus of my training. I mostly learned it for defense, and when I run out of spells. Although I have a lot of fun finding ways of empowering it with my art."
    "Not to rush you, but if we want to find a good place to watch the fireworks we should get going soon."

10. - Top - End - #40

OldWizardGuy

"Spells?" inquires Mergrak, curious. "You know magic too? That's interesting, really."

He drinks the last sip of fruity ale, then incorporates as he greets the barmaid with a hand wave. "Thanks for the food, and keep the change, miss!"

He walks some steps, waiting for his two newfound human companions. "Yeah, the fireworks! I'm curious about that too."

Spoiler
    Show
    I deduced the two silvers from my sheet, but the barmaid kept the change... Oh well, anyways, the fish was worth it.
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-26 at 09:45 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

11. - Top - End - #41

DwarfFighterGuy

"Indeed, we should have left a bit earlier. Even if the fireworks brighten the sky, I've found that there's always people blocking the view...
    "Though, if you have magic, then I suppose getting a good spot would be much easier. Especially with a wolf.
    "Well, let's not waste time. The fireworks this year should be particularly spectacular."

Mengjin begins to get up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Deducted one gold, and adding five silver. I hope I'm getting change, at least, otherwise, well, wasted gold ahoy.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Smiling and sweating, Lenah and his opponent rise, clasping each other's hands. They quickly retreat to the edge of the circle as two new fighters move to the center and the music continues. Donning a dark gray shirt, Lenah moves next to a samurai in a pink kimono, noticing her weapons and interest in the game. "Lenah Moraes," he says as he extends his hand, "would you like to play?"
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueWizardGirl

Sakura shook Lenah's hand warmly, immediately noticing his pointed ears. An elf! Now here was an uncommon sight. One didn't see them too often in her part of the world, as they usually didn't leave their territories. This one, judging by his attire, might not have left under the best of circumstances. She hadn't had many opportunities to speak the language of the elves to anyone, as she had met very few Elves and many who knew the language simply didn't care to use it--which was a shame, so beautiful of a language it was.

(Elven) "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lenah-san--oh, right, that's not in Elven. She chuckled. So this--what is it called, anyway?--it's a game? How do you play it? Is it possible to play without taking these off?" She gestured towards her swords. "Because I can't do that at all."

Now that the opportunity was there, Sakura wondered how she would even really play this. There was no way just anyone could simply step into the ring and put on a show; performing moves like those took time and training. Moves that put her upside-down were certainly out of the question, but beyond that if it was possible--and without taking her swords off--she'd try her best. Perhaps it would be a bit easier if she transformed beforehand.

(OOC: How would this work, anyway? Dexterity check? Perform Dance check?

Edited to make some minor additions.)
    Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2011-01-27 at 11:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Make Perform: Dance checks or a Dex check, whichever is higher for you. Perform means you're actually going through a practiced or at least understood routine, Dex means you're simply nimble.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Tonia Main Street

It would seem like the entire city....no, more then the entire city could hold, was filling the main street of Tonia. The crowd literally redefined the word throng, and there were people of all races: even some Elves and Orcs could be seen here or there, ancient racial grudges forgotten in the merriment. Truly, this was the way the world was meant to be.

The town chief smiled, a large and overweight man but seemingly loved by those around him. He gave a nod to the waiting men manning large rockets stuck in the ground, and each of them nodded back in unison. For weeks they'd choreographed this display; it had to be just perfect.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the town chief cried out, and the massive crowd fell surprisingly silent. "Citizens of Tonia, and valued visitors! Life, so valuable, was nearly taken from our ancestors so long ago. Tonight, we appreciate their lives and sacrifices, we show our thanks in glorious display! Remember your late-loved ones fondly tonight, and remember their spirits stand beside us always. Tonight, they watch the show with us!"

The entire city burst into thunderous applause for only a few moments, until cheering drew everyone's attention to the sky. The first volley of fireworks was off, exploding in the sky with brilliant flashes of red, green, and gold.

Tonia Gate Tower

The masked man nodded as the fireworks began, ready at the gate's crank. That was his signal, after all, and he dutifully cranked open the gates.

And the invisible army, stationed outside the north wall, broke their spell and and flooded suddenly into the visible realm. They were a sea of black-armored, ebony-skinned warriors and wizards, silent and still-faced but with bloodlust in their identical crimson eyes.

The drow assault on Tonia had begun.

Before you post!

Spoiler
    Show
    Please make a Spot check, Listen check, or preferably both either in this thread or the OoC thread before posting. If you fail, then you remain blissfully unaware of the attack because of the noise of the fireworks and the continued cheering. If you make your spot, then you see the guards rushing north and drawing blades. If you make your listen check, then you either hear the guards shouting or the nearest people to the gate screaming. Make note that the Murky Winds Tavern is in the southern part of the city, and the Osiris Temple is almost in the center of the city.

DC for those by the Murky Winds: 18 for spot, 14 for listen.
    DC for those by the Temples (aka Nao ;p): 13 for spot, 10 for listen.
    DC for anywhere on the street (surrounded by people, mind): 10 for spot, 15 for listen.
    Last edited by Talon Sky; 2011-01-27 at 05:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saji Eiichi
    Spoiler
    Show

Saji Eiichi
    Male Neutral Good Lesser Hengeyokai(sparrow) Sorcerer, Level 2, Init +3, HP 14/14, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Quarterstaff +2 (1d6+1, x2)
    Heirloom Gloves of Lightning (3/day) +4 (+7 if they are wearing metal) (1d8+5, x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 18
    Condition Current Form: Human.
    Sparrow Form:
    size :Fine
    AC: 24 (+8 size, +6 dex)
    move speed: 1 foot, 50 foot fly
    Str: 1
    Dex: 23
    Con: 10

Saji had been going to this festival for years. He enjoyed it each and every time, especially the fireworks. And he wasn't alone. Everyone did. The city closed down while they were going on. Even the guards slacked off during the show to watch. But today was different. The guards were rushing towards the main city gate. There was trouble, and the last place you want to be when there is trouble, is in a giant throng of people. And despite the city having an outstanding warrant for his arrest, he still cared about it.

Cursing his luck he dashed off towards the guards to see what was the matter. "Why must the trouble occur now of all times. Couldn't it have waited until after?!" he spoke to himself, none to quietly.

Along the way he made sure his gloves were fit snuggly and his mask still on; it wouldn't do to be caught while trying to help out. It had been a good while since the gloves have had to be used, but he had always been careful enough to bring them along, for as his old friend told him It's better to be too prepared, than not prepared at all. And tonight, it may just prove itself true.

Spoiler
    Show

In the OoC thread I rolled a 17 listen and a 20 spot. Therefore I passed both checks.

17. - Top - End - #47

DwarfFighterGuy

Mengjin stared blankly at the sky for fireworks, but couldn't seem to ever catch one exploding. He could hear the whizzing and the pops, but they only taunted him as he redoubled his efforts.
    This happened to him every year. Some times he couldn't see them, but could hear them like today. Some times he could see them, but the whizzing and pops would be drowned out by the crowd. Some times, he couldn't see nor hear either, and just drank.
    This time was different, as Mengjin heard commotion from guards rushing towards the city gates. "There are only two things that can cause that many guards to go somewhere that fast tonight...", Mengjin muttered to himself as he began to move towards the city gates. Even the guards were mesmerized by the fireworks each year (or so inebriated that they wouldn't be moving in the first place), he thought, and not many things get between guards and not doing their jobs...

Mengjin knew something was wrong tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made my listen, but not my spot. So uh, I guess I'm following the guards. Anyone have some sacks of flour to toss on the DM invisible drow?
    Last edited by MageofMystra; 2011-01-27 at 06:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[10]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[16]

Nao finds herself suddenly awoken to the sound of the nearby clerics yelling to each other in a mad panic. Immediately she rushes to get up, and shouts to the nearest priest, "What is happening?! What sort of threat is this?"
    Last edited by Super_Fluous; 2011-01-27 at 08:07 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Lenah, subconsciously touches his rounded ears ((sorry, should have put that in the description, it's a quirk, sort of like humans with pointed ears)), "I'm sorry, I don't speak Elven," he says nervously. Regaining his composure, he quickly adds, "I'm afraid you can't play capoeira like that," he indicates her armaments, "you have to be able to move."

Suddenly, his head snaps in the direction of guards running and shouting. "Merda," he curses, accidentally slipping into Elven. The guards wouldn't move so urgently in such force unless something extremely dangerous was afoot. The humans might not be so nice to his race, but he had come to love Tonia, and he was experienced at keeping the peace in the streets. "Some other time perhaps however," he says to Sakura, "come on, your help might be needed." With that he grabs a sack from the side of the circle and beckons the samurai before running through the crowd after the guards.

((What do you think, Portuguese=Elven? I feel it would work given that the Portuguese were the only people allowed in Feudal Japan for some time. I'll work it into his backstory, should be up by Saturday night.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+9)[27]
    Listen:(1d20+9)[27]
    Last edited by SilentNight; 2011-01-27 at 09:59 PM.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50

OldWizardGuy

"Mengjin?" says Mergrak. "Where are you going? The show just started!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm on the street and made my Spot check, but not my Listen. So, what do I see?
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

21. - Top - End - #51

DwarfFighterGuy

"I thought I heard some commotion from the guards about the gate. I'm going to check it out, and make sure everything's alright.
    "Plus, I can't see the fireworks, anyways."
    , Mengjin replied.

22. - Top - End - #52

BlueWizardGirl

Sakura immediately switched back to the common tongue. "Oh, no, it was my fault for assuming." So she wouldn't be able to join in with her swords. Well, that was the end of that. Still, she didn't let it get her down. "Maybe in another life, then. These swords never ever leave me, not while I can help it. I've never heard of Capoeira before; from what language does that word c--" The chief's appearance caught her attention and she listened to his speech. When he mentioned how lost loved-ones would stay with those still living she her right hand unconsciously brushed the ring on her left hand, running across the Daidoji kanji imprinted on it. As the fireworks appeared and Tonia was engulfed in cacophonous joy, Sakura added to it with a cry that was as much a fox's bay as a human's cheer. Then, for a moment she just stood there, staring into the beautiful night sky filled with dancing fireworks and twinkling stars. For that moment, all was right with the world.

"Father, Mother, Tomoyo, I hope the night brings happiness for you as it does here."

But then the problems started.

"Merda?" She turned back to Lenah. "Wait, you just said you didn't speak--" Sakura looked in the same direction as he and her eyes immediately narrowed. Guards with drawn weapons were rushing to one part of the city. Now that her attention was focused, she could faintly hear them shouting over the din of the celebrations.

Sakura sprinted after Lenah, lowering her stance and moving her hands near her swords, becoming an orange blur as she wove through the crowd, catching up easily. Still running, she said with a grin "Don't look, Lenah; I'm going to change into something more comfortable." With an instinctive mental command she willed it to happen. A low growl rose in the Hengeyokai's throat as her body was engulfed by a white aura. Sakura immediately felt her body rebuilding and rearranging itself from the inside out as she ran.

Her fingers, neck and limbs became thicker as orange fur sprouted from every inch of her skin. Her fingernails relocated to the centers of her fingertips, becoming sharp claws. Her eyes and overall frame enlarged a little. Her ears disappeared into the side of her head as a new pair of ears rose from the top of her head like twin mountains. Her spine stretched out, taking the skin at its base with it, forming a long tail that rapidly became covered in bushy fur; it slid out from beneath her kimono and waved in the air as she ran. Her fingertips and ear tips turned black as night, her eyes became framed by dark circles with lines stretching out towards her ears and the tip of her tail turned white. Her mouth, nose and jaw stretched out and expanded, filling with fangs that grew right out of her gums. The entire process took about six seconds.

The white aura disappeared once the change was complete. Where once was a human with some odd features, now a slightly taller bipedal fox ran in her place, wearing her kimono and weapons. Sakura's grin spread wider across her snout as she felt her new, stronger leg muscles and sinew propelling her even faster than before.

Her voice was a little different in this form as well: deeper and with a rough, raspy edge. "Ooooohhhhh, yes. Much more comfortable."

Spoiler
    Show

Sakura transforms into her hybrid fox form, gaining +2 to DEX and +4 Escape Artist. Sheet had already been designed with that taken into consideration. Transformations remaining: 2.

OOC: If you want, Talon, I can edit this whole thing into her wondering why Lenah had to suddenly rush off like that and why he lied to her, continuing to not know what's going on. It just made sense to me that if somebody else who successfully made the checks was right next to her their body language, if not their words, would clearly point out the commotion.

Anybody who plans to post incorporating this in any way, please first check to see if Talon has decided whether or not I change this post. If he does I might not be able to access the thread and edit this before you want to write your post, so you'd have to write as if this hadn't happened.

Edits: Edited to add colour to all of her dialogue. Edited again for a grammar correction.

Last edited by Feather Sigil; 2011-01-28 at 11:45 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Osiris Temple - Church District

The cleric, the younger of the two on duty, turned and gave a shrug to Nao. "No idea. The Father just burst through here, telling us that we must all assemble in the cathedral at once. He said that the God of Neutrality would visit us this very night!" the young cleric couldn't help but smile at this, although a clear and loud female scream from outside cut his joy short. "W-what?" he stammered, suddenly hearing more screams and battle-cries as the drow army reached the church district.

Outside, the crowd of drunken and defenseless people were easily mowed down by the armed intruders. In five minutes, hundreds had already died, and the dark elves were chanting praises in their own tongue and gloating in the kill. Even the minimal town guard stood little chance against the size of the army....which neared two and a half thousand. The amount of drow that had flooded the city paled in comparison to the amount that waiting impatiently outside for room for them.

In response, the doors to the temple of Ra blasted open and a small but strong band of twenty or so gold-clad warriors charged the sea of dark elves. Longswords and shields clashed on both sides as the holy men met the army head-on, fully accepting their suicide for what little time it would buy Tonia's people. To aid them, a small handful of warriors emerged from Obelisk's temple, but instead of meeting the Drow head-on, they began directing citizens towards the southern gates and engaging the Drow which were already in the act of cutting the townspeople down. Osiris' doors remained shut, as everyone in the temple except Nao and the young cleric were in the praying hall.

Main Street

Chaos reigned supreme as the Drow increased the body toll without a single casualty of their own. The army that met the eyes of Mengjin, Mergrak, Lenah, Sakura and Saji (and possibly Boz) was terrifying. The Drow openly displayed bloodlust on their faces, their black clothing already stained with blood the same colors of their eyes. Each wore black cloaks over their chainmail, covered with spikes and chains. Several had five-pointed pentagrams painted on the chests of their chainmail.

Behind the initial wave of one hundred and so, Gorothimos was slashing up every fallen body within reach to ensure it was dead. He was flanked by three other dark elves, each of them armored in full-plate and bearing shields in the shape of a single, huge eye. Each of these three Drow Knights were silent and stoic, letting their General do as he wish.

Gorothimos himself was an amazing specimen. Despite being surrounded by Drow, he stood out, being absolutely gorgeous and handsome. Indeed, he may well be the most beautiful creature that anyone in the town had ever seen, but that beauty was marred by his race's natural cruelty and bloodlust. His hair was shoulder-length and amber in hue, spiked downward. He wore a tough, leather jacket with patches and spikes, which was awesome-looking and more defensive than it might seem. He swished around his rapier deftly, and a beautifully crafted guitar was slung over his back.

24. - Top - End - #54

OldWizardGuy

Mergrak looks at the drow army with curuousity, then he whispers to his companions.

"So... Is that martial performance part of the show too?"
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

25. - Top - End - #55

HalfOrcPirate

Boz had never seen anything so spectacular in his life! The explosions had more colors than any autumn that had ever passed, they were louder than sap bursting through the great trunk of a pine in the dead of winter- humans really knew how to celebrate!
    He felt something brush against the back of his leg. He looked down to see Root Fang slink to the Murky Wind to crouch against the wall, hackles raised. He must not like the crowds or noise. Boz didn't blame him, between the fireworks and the crowd, he couldn't hear a thing.
    He noticed Mengjin yelling something to Mergrak, but didn't think anything of it and continued to stare wide eyed at the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    (pssst, you guys should grab me if you're running into battle!)
    Last edited by Sherriff Bart; 2011-01-28 at 01:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Screaming. People in danger. Need to help. Nao moves without thinking. Without responding to the confused young priest, she rushes outside, as fast as her armored form will let her.

Outside, she spots the carnage of the two armies locked in combat. Yes, it seems that the city is not defenseless, but will it's guard be enough to repel the threat? She does not know. Does this make a difference as to whether she will aid them or not?

No, no it does not.

Nao approaches the enemy army and perches herself on the a high step. Her cloak flutters behind her, and her black armor is highlighted by the pale glow of her fiery halo and rage-filled eyes.

The tall, horned figure looks out against the invading force with a grimace of fierce malice, and draws her sword, an utterly massive odachi with a wicked looking serrated edge. "Howl." she whispers to it upon drawing.

In response, the crow's beak engraved upon the hilt opens and lets out a loud piercing shriek, causing the blade's serrations to vibrate against one another.

Nao points her sword at the drow and shouts, "You come here with the intent of taking the lives of these honest people. You strike without warning, without honor, with clear ill intent. This I cannot allow."

Nao glares down at them with deep malice. "I am called many things. There are some who call me Karasuhime-The Princess of Crows. But know this: If you do not turn away now, and leave these people in peace, you will find your blood splattered against the ground."

Nao grins, revealing sharp teeth. "You can call me your destroyer."
    Spoiler
    Show

Hee, finally got to make my big dramatic entrance.

Intimidate: (1d20+5)[6]FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[11]
    Last edited by Super_Fluous; 2011-01-28 at 02:03 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

DwarfFighterGuy

Mengjin looked at Mergrak strangely.
    "Well, come to think of it, I remember them boasting about going all out this year, and making this celebration unlike any other..."
    But, Mengjin knew a bit better.
    "But uh, no, I don't think this is a performance. The one day I left most of my equipment at home, too...
    "Righto, Mergrak, Boz, let's g--where's Boz?"
    Mengjin yelled Boz's name a few times as loudly as he could, but just gave up soon after. There was, after all, an issue at hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[7] (Initiative) Come on, big money, big money...
    Also, is the battle starting immediately, or do I have some time to quaff a potion? I get the feeling imbibing a shield of faith potion may help.

Also, drow have light sensitivity. Assuming I can make the Know check, would one or two sunrods do the job on dazzling or blinding? (especially if I do something crazy like dual-wielding)?
    (1d20+3)[12] - Knowledge (Stratagems) (in case that'd fit)
    (1d20+3)[17] - Knowledge (History) (in case they were in some big battle before... involving a sun.)
    Last edited by MageofMystra; 2011-01-28 at 08:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Gazing at the carnage, Lenah is shocked, cursing his kin for choosing such a night to attack. As he glances to his left and sees Sakura, he does a double-take and then chuckles, apparently he wasn't the only one with a second identity. The "human" then reaches into his sack and withdraws a potion and a sling, gulping the first down before loading the second.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor, AC 22
    Initiative:[ROLL]1d20+[/ROLL]
    Knowledge (Local) for anything useful:(1d20+9)[13]

My meager homebrew

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Everyone except Boz, make Wisdom checks.

Spoiler
    Show
    MageofMystra: Potions are fine, yes, but be aware that the charging Drow will be on you soon, so prep time is limited. You remember that Drow are from the Underdark, not used to bright lights. Strategy dictates, however, that a simple light will not do the trick from anything but close range since a Drow is quite capable of turning it's head with enough warning.

SilentNight: It registers with you that nearly the entire town is made of wooden structures, and that the blacksmith and church districts have more-than-likely been overrun.

30. - Top - End - #60

OldWizardGuy

"Huh?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom check: (1d20+1)[19]
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-01-28 at 11:26 AM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17