New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

A smile returns on Yui's thin lips. "It's comforting to know you understood me", she says. She reaches for her breast pockets, pulls out a tattered business card and hands it to Izumi. It has adress and number of a local construction company on it.

"Call me if you need to. I'm a bit busy during days, but I'll try to pick it up", she says. "Just one more thing: You can say to yourself 'let all flowers bloom', but that's folly of people who've never tried to grow a garden."

"Some flowers are weeds. They need to be routed by their roots and burned to ashes, or life will become impossible. Know your responsibility as a Shinigami, and friend. You might find it hard to believe, but in the end I think you have much greater freedom to act than me."

Yui stops as they see students pouring out of the doors of middle school, intending to let Izumi go on her way. "I look forward to seeing you again. Have a nice evening, Hayashi-kun."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi nods. "Oh, I know when intervention is necessary.

I also know when I can't do it on my own."

She looks at the middle school. "This is one of those times. If we do this, we need to do it together. Good evening, Yui-san."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora sneezes as he burns the pictures to ashes.

"Huh. Somebody must be talking about me."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "It would be nice to walk home together, though... I'll talk to my parents and see if they'll let me, okay?"
    Kazari
    [To leave Junior High School]

Kazari agrees. "Ok. I will ask Ren also. Goodbye!"
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Chiyoko nods. "Could you help me to the front gates, please, Kazari? My sister's going to be there..."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Graveyard]

Sora whistles as the pictures turn into ashes. Nobody would ever dare question the method to his madness. Without those pictures, nobody would think he was a sentimental idiot.

Damn straight. Sora never enjoyed sentimental displays. He preferred to roll his eyes at the world, and ignore it at his own convenience.

He turns and exits the graveyard, heading for the apartment he and Silva shared.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex meandered his way back home. Yeah, he was looking forward to getting out of his school uniform and getting some cooking done before cracking down on homework, but the fight with Cassandra had made him painfully aware of, among other things, his lack of knowledge about the city's layout. He was making it a point to take a different route home each day, trying to learn the streets better.

What a fortunate coincidence that his easy mosey brought him near a certain middle school today, where he spotted Izumi talking to an older woman.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

[Furousha Shop]

Fuchs "looks" at Izanagi. You do not need to thank me, it was the only decent thing to do. I would do nothing my master would not, even though she hides her softer side under that demeanor. He looks away again. Though I recommend you not say any such thing to her, it would only antagonize her.

Shortly, Viatrix emerges from the basement, carrying a rather curious and old-looking camera. ""I've been wanting to get this thing off my hands for ages... Had to be, what..." She looks to Fuchs. "40 years ago?"
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area)

Izanagi was surprised, to say the least, when the silvery fox like creature spoke to him. It caught him off guard and was more than slightly unsettling how Fuchs communicated. Fro a moment Izanagi wasnt sure if it was talking or if he had just taken the next step in going entirely insane.

Its words were very kind and appreciated however. Izanagi nodded respectfully to Fuchs acknowledging his sentiment towards Viatrix. His mouth was opening to ask Fuchs when Viatrix might be back. When she appeared out from the basement, with an old camera in her hand. Izanagi shut his mouth and turned towards her, rising to his feet to greet her.

As she got closer, it was clear she hadan old weird looking camera. It reminded Izanagi of his large format sheet film photography classes. "old tech", they took great images, but had to be processed specially, and there were hardly any film producers anymore. Izanagi tried to gather his confidence and shut back his pride from his face, as he didnt want to seem disrespectful.

Izanagi smiled and looked to her with a bow, his words were soft and had no disrespect in them.

"ahhh... an old camera...40years is a long time in the camera business..." he extended his hands to take it from her... "...i used to use ones like these when i was learning photography...not really what i use anymore..." patting his broken camera inside his messenger bag "...they take great images...just too slow...my clients usually want things fast...its not digital ya know?"

Before speaking again, he paused a moment looking at the camera...trying to figure out the manufacturer... "It...is unique however...i appreciate the thought...i'm just not so sure it will replace "ol' Stacy"..." he said with a smile patting his messenger bag. ("ol' Stacy was the name of his broken camera...he had names for all his cameras...all female names)

Izanagi was indeed appreciative, but as he had come to find expect throughout his career, often he met people who thought all cameras were the same. "It was ok..." Izanagi thought, "...her sentiment truly is kind...plus i can just go buy another camera..."

"Old camera's like that are hard it find any more, they still take some of the most unique and beautiful images though..." he said smiling as he looked on to Viatrix.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi notices Rex, and waves to him!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex shrugged and headed over. Apparently Izumi was done talking, or didn't mind him walking in.

"Howdy, Izumi. Hope I'm not interruptin' anythin'. Look at this, he even remembered to bow to Yui instead of sticking out his hand for once!

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm just picking up my sister. Maybe I should go in to get her..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui gives Rex a long look. A long, long look. It takes her a while to remember to bow back. Where did that one come from?, she thinks, eyes glued on the massive american as she turns away. She almost bumps into a hapless school girl, who fortunately is smart enough to dodge herself.

Oh well. Phoenix town sure had shown its tendency to draw in strangers earlier already. I wonder how Silva-chan is doing. <3, Yui muses as he wanders towards the cemetery.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-04-14 at 04:49 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I didn't know ya had a sister, Izumi. Heh, I remember pickin' up siblings from school pretty often." Rex shrugged and blushed the tiniest bit like the somewhat-awkward teenager he was. Fighting Hollows was one thing. Talking with girls was another entirely. "I'm just headin' home by a new way, tryin' to get the feel of the city. Would ya mind if I walked with ya for a bit?"

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't mind."

They wait for a bit, before Chiyoko comes out, deliberately after the crush of other students. Izumi heads over to her, and takes her hand, bringing her over to where Rex is. "Chiyoko, this is Rex. Rex, meet Choyoko. Twelve O'clock."

Chiyoko smiles in Rex's direction. "Nice to meet you, Rex-san."

He can... probably notice the fact that her eyes are cloudy at this distance.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area)

Izanagi was surprised, to say the least, when the silvery fox like creature spoke to him. It caught him off guard and was more than slightly unsettling how Fuchs communicated. Fro a moment Izanagi wasnt sure if it was talking or if he had just taken the next step in going entirely insane.

Its words were very kind and appreciated however. Izanagi nodded respectfully to Fuchs acknowledging his sentiment towards Viatrix. His mouth was opening to ask Fuchs when Viatrix might be back. When she appeared out from the basement, with an old camera in her hand. Izanagi shut his mouth and turned towards her, rising to his feet to greet her.

As she got closer, it was clear she hadan old weird looking camera. It reminded Izanagi of his large format sheet film photography classes. "old tech", they took great images, but had to be processed specially, and there were hardly any film producers anymore. Izanagi tried to gather his confidence and shut back his pride from his face, as he didnt want to seem disrespectful.

Izanagi smiled and looked to her with a bow, his words were soft and had no disrespect in them.

"ahhh... an old camera...40years is a long time in the camera business..." he extended his hands to take it from her... "...i used to use ones like these when i was learning photography...not really what i use anymore..." patting his broken camera inside his messenger bag "...they take great images...just too slow...my clients usually want things fast...its not digital ya know?"

Before speaking again, he paused a moment looking at the camera...trying to figure out the manufacturer... "It...is unique however...i appreciate the thought...i'm just not so sure it will replace "ol' Stacy"..." he said with a smile patting his messenger bag. ("ol' Stacy was the name of his broken camera...he had names for all his cameras...all female names)

Izanagi was indeed appreciative, but as he had come to find expect throughout his career, often he met people who thought all cameras were the same. "It was ok..." Izanagi thought, "...her sentiment truly is kind...plus i can just go buy another camera..."

"Old camera's like that are hard it find any more, they still take some of the most unique and beautiful images though..." he said smiling as he looked on to Viatrix.
    Vi's smile does not waver, however a terrifying air blows through the room. "I don't think you quite understand. There is no option here. You're going to buy this camera. Because do you know what this thing has been? A waste of space. Almost as unacceptable as a waste of money." Still, her smile almost creepily hangs on. "I am a billionaire. My influence has crushed fledgling companies and made corporations that use bills as toilet paper. So either you buy this camera, or you make an enemy who can make sure your life will be a living hell as I financially eviscerate your future, and sell your hopes and dreams." The darkness passes.

"...Besides, I doubt you can buy a camera like this at just any antique store."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari
    [To leave Junior High School]
    Kazari walked out of school, to follow Chiyoko. Ah, the elder sister appeared. Yes, the hair was obvious, Kazari thought. But her hair and Ren's were different. Because she was a tsukumogami of course. Maybe all real brothers and sisters look similar like this- it is the idea of Kazari.

But Chiyoko's sister was kind of strange. She had a strange feeling.
    All humans are strange. And to think, yes it is such a family of Chiyoko, who can't see, and a sister who can see.
    Why is it so different?

Well, in this world some are not human but like humans, and some are human but like spirits. It is a spiral of chaos of course.

Maybe it is why the saying "stand with roots and grow a tree" are like this.

Kazari wondered if Ren was near, or if she was to walk to his school again. She can do it! But it is a dangerous path.
    But Tsukumogami necklaces aren't afraid. With resolve, it is to walk home again today, and not to become lost!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Vi's smile does not waver, however a terrifying air blows through the room. "I don't think you quite understand. There is no option here. You're going to buy this camera. Because do you know what this thing has been? A waste of space. Almost as unacceptable as a waste of money." Still, her smile almost creepily hangs on. "I am a billionaire. My influence has crushed fledgling companies and made corporations that use bills as toilet paper. So either you buy this camera, or you make an enemy who can make sure your life will be a living hell as I financially eviscerate your future, and sell your hopes and dreams." The darkness passes.

"...Besides, I doubt you can buy a camera like this at just any antique store."
    "GULP..."

Izanagi's face turns pale, as his face hangs and his eyes widen, thrown off kilter by such a young looking girl having such an intimidating presence. "billionaire?...influence?...eviscerate?..." all these words kept echoing louder and louder in his brain.

"....sure...of course" he eeks out quickly, before continuing in a false sense of minor bravado trying to deflect the intimidation he felt from her "...yes...i..i...i mean...I WAS the one who trespassing right?....it is the LEAST i can do to buy this old camera and get it out of your way..." he smiles reaching for his wallet, about to open it, looking down into it before looking back up to her trying to ease the negative air in the room... "how much do you want for it?" he says to her his eyes landing delicately on hers....before immediately becoming a bit confused..."...and what did you mean by not being able to buy THIS kind of camera? i mean..i dont know the brand, but i have one kinda liek this in my storage room...they arent THAT uncommon ya know?"

He eeks out a respectful smile, his hands still on his wallet in front of him. He looks on to her trying to forget her painful gaze, she was pretty cute, and her demeanor as intimidating as it was, was actually pretty attractive. Though she was YOUNG, or at least he thought she was, her talk of making and destroying businesses perplexed him, though he thought perhaps she was just trying to exaggerate to make a point and probably her Dad is the big businessman or something.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren
    Kazari didn't get far before Ren came dashing to meet her. "Hey!~" he called out cheerfully while waving. Once he reached her he came to an abrupt halt. "How was your day?" He glanced at the others around her. He guessed that Izumi and Chiyoko were probably siblings walking home together just like him and Kazari and that Rex was Izumi's friend since he otherwise seemed out of place. "Are they your friends?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-04-15 at 09:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "I don't mind."

They wait for a bit, before Chiyoko comes out, deliberately after the crush of other students. Izumi heads over to her, and takes her hand, bringing her over to where Rex is. "Chiyoko, this is Rex. Rex, meet Choyoko. Twelve O'clock."

Chiyoko smiles in Rex's direction. "Nice to meet you, Rex-san."

He can... probably notice the fact that her eyes are cloudy at this distance.
    The tall American notices her eyes almost immediately, but it'd definitely be rude to mention. He was brought up right, after all. "Good to meet ya too, Chiyoko-san." Rex stumbled a bit trying to remember the proper honorific to use before deciding to just screw it and go with the most neutral one and how she'd referred to him. Japanese was complicated, even when people understood his accent!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

"Are you in the same class at High School, neesan?"

Izumi chuckles. "No, actually. We ran into each other the other day..."

Rex can interject here if he wants to.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "GULP..."

Izanagi's face turns pale, as his face hangs and his eyes widen, thrown off kilter by such a young looking girl having such an intimidating presence. "billionaire?...influence?...eviscerate?..." all these words kept echoing louder and louder in his brain.

"....sure...of course" he eeks out quickly, before continuing in a false sense of minor bravado trying to deflect the intimidation he felt from her "...yes...i..i...i mean...I WAS the one who trespassing right?....it is the LEAST i can do to buy this old camera and get it out of your way..." he smiles reaching for his wallet, about to open it, looking down into it before looking back up to her trying to ease the negative air in the room... "how much do you want for it?" he says to her his eyes landing delicately on hers....before immediately becoming a bit confused..."...and what did you mean by not being able to buy THIS kind of camera? i mean..i dont know the brand, but i have one kinda liek this in my storage room...they arent THAT uncommon ya know?"

He eeks out a respectful smile, his hands still on his wallet in front of him. He looks on to her trying to forget her painful gaze, she was pretty cute, and her demeanor as intimidating as it was, was actually pretty attractive. Though she was YOUNG, or at least he thought she was, her talk of making and destroying businesses perplexed him, though he thought perhaps she was just trying to exaggerate to make a point and probably her Dad is the big businessman or something.
    Viatrix smirks even wider. "I'll give you a discount. 50,000 Yen."

Fuchs 'eyes'' Viatrix.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ren
    Kazari didn't get far before Ren came dashing to meet her. "Hey!~" he called out cheerfully while waving. Once he reached her he came to an abrupt halt. "How was your day?" He glanced at the others around her. He guessed that Izumi and Chiyoko were probably siblings walking home together just like him and Kazari and that Rex was Izumi's friend since he otherwise seemed out of place. "Are they your friends?"
    Kazari
    [To meet Ren at Junior High School]

"Ah, good afternoon Ren." Kazari said. She looked over at Izumi, Rex and Chiyoko.

"Chiyoko is my friend." She says proudly. "Her older sister came to meet her. But maybe sometime we will walk home together." She explains quickly. Of course, she had argued with Ren before about 'how to go home.'

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's good to hear," he said enthusiastically. He turned to face Chiyoko and the others. "I'm Kazari's older brother Ren. It's nice to meet you."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-04-16 at 02:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Chiyoko turns to face Ren, smiling. "Same here, Ren-san."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Watanabe Home, Roughly Dinnertime]

It was about one step below "hectic" in the Watanabe home this evening. After all, Prosecutor Mitsurugi Reiji was coming over for dinner. The house (and family!) had to look their best.

Currently the struggle was with the only child of the family, Kaito.

"Mom, do I have to wear this tie?"

"You do, dear. Our food won't risk getting it messed up, so you'll be fine."

"I don't even have to wear a tie at school!"

"You will in the working world, dear."

"Fine. I'm almost done anyways."

Hinata Watanabe shook her head with a smile. She was wearing a nice blouse and conservative skirt; her son and husband both had on slacks, short-sleeve button up shirts (they were both so warm-natured!), and ties.

Akira was actually busy getting the table set up; Hinata had done much of the cooking earlier, but he'd taken over while she freshened up.

"Looks like everything's done cooking, honey! Maybe check at the door to see if he's here? I thought I maybe heard a car a minute ago."

"No problem."

Humming to herself, Hinata walked towards the front door, hoping Kaito would be down and dressed properly to help greet their guest...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

[At the Watanabes]

One might consider it a waste of effort to dress nicely in order to host a dinner for a blind man. (What they did not know, of course, was that Reiji COULD see, and thus appreciated the effort inwardly.)

As it so happened, the doorbell rang. Reiji was standing there in a dark blue suit with matching trousers, black shirt and a white tie. He also wore a fedora and his usual pair of sunglasses, with a small briefcase tucked beneath his arm.

"Good evening."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Watanabe Home]

Hinata smiled broadly and opened the door further.

"Come in, come in! Here, I can set your briefcase over here, easy reach for later. No need to go worrying about all of that now; the food's still warm! Do you want me to take your coat and hat? I didn't make Kaito and Akira wear coats, truth be told. If you want to, though, that's fine!"

She almost reached out and took his arm to help him in, but restrained herself, and simply waited for the (supposedly) blind prosecutor to make his way in. It wasn't like walking in a house would be a true challenge for him!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Viatrix smirks even wider. "I'll give you a discount. 50,000 Yen."

Fuchs 'eyes'' Viatrix.
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (in the Furousha Shop waiting area with Viatrix)

Izanagi's eyes widen "50,000 yen? for that old thing? First i have to repalce my camera and now i gotta buy that old thing?...ugh...i guess i have to though, plus she is the only one who may be able to tell me what is going on with what i see.. " Izanagi thought to himself undoubtefly his facial response would give some of that away to her and Fuchs.

Izanagi gulps "GULP"... 50,000 yen?....umm....yeah...sure...he opens his wallet...thumbing through it"

It was a good thing Izanagi carried alot of cash on him, mostly for cabs and motels, but 50,000 yen was pushing it. It was also a good thing he had just gotten paid for a few portrait gigs the day before or he woudl have put all the cash in the bank. He had made a good living in Tokyo, but he knew he needed to be a bit more careful with his cash as he didnt have the client list in this new town.

Viatrix would see clearly his open wallet as he thumbed through it. Lots of big bills, and few good looking Credit Cards too if she was as business saavy as she said she was.

He flopped out a bunch of cash, counting it up in his hands until he came up to 50,000yen, leaving him with about 1/4 of what he started with in his wallet.

"h...here ya go.." he extended his hand with the folded money in it to her with a slight smile.

If she woudl hand the camera to him, he woudl take it and look at it quizzically, hoping for her to explain why it is so unique.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Watanabe Home]

Hinata smiled broadly and opened the door further.

"Come in, come in! Here, I can set your briefcase over here, easy reach for later. No need to go worrying about all of that now; the food's still warm! Do you want me to take your coat and hat? I didn't make Kaito and Akira wear coats, truth be told. If you want to, though, that's fine!"

She almost reached out and took his arm to help him in, but restrained herself, and simply waited for the (supposedly) blind prosecutor to make his way in. It wasn't like walking in a house would be a true challenge for him!
    And indeed, Reiji didn't seem to have a problem with it. He quickly unfurled a smaller, lighter cane for indoors use, lightly tapping his way around.

"Thanks, Hinata-san. What a nice cologne you're wearing!" He replied with a smile. "Mind giving me a short tour? After I greet Akira-kun and Kaito-kun, of course."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    And indeed, Reiji didn't seem to have a problem with it. He quickly unfurled a smaller, lighter cane for indoors use, lightly tapping his way around.

"Thanks, Hinata-san. What a nice cologne you're wearing!" He replied with a smile. "Mind giving me a short tour? After I greet Akira-kun and Kaito-kun, of course."
    Hinata chuckled.

"It's some perfume Akira got me for my birthday a while back. Thank you. Hopefully you'll think the food smells even better; we both worked hard on it!"

Stepping away for a moment, she closed the door before stepping further into the house.

"Kaito! Akira! Come out and greet Mr. Reiji!"

In less than a minutes, Akira walked in from the kitchen, drying his hands with a small towel, and Kaito came in, still fiddling with the collar of his shirt.

"Reiji! Great to see you! How have you been lately?"

Kaito was a bit slower in greeting, but still stepped forward to offer Reiji his hand.

"It's nice to meet you again, sir."