New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth (IC)

1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Perth (IC)

The bard kept laughing. Normally Beriadan would have found this quite odd, but for some reason he kept it out of his mind. There were more important developments, anyway. The other group had descended the stairs after "defeating" her harmless brother. At least Alexander probably didn't let them kill anyone. "Alexander, wait! She's just a victim. Someone even tattooed the poor woman against her will!" Beriadan desperately wishes to enter the room and set everything straight, and there's only one thing stopping him from doing that. It's time to end you, zombie scum. His falchion rises and falls once more...

Spoiler
    Show
    Power attack the zombie... and this time the bard is too busy laughing to sing.
    Attack (1d20+6)[14] (7 normal, -1 power attack)
    Damage (2d4+9)[14] (6 normal, 3 power attack)

... destroying the last abomination. Beriadan then moves into the room, making another plea. "Look, we've destroyed the true threat. She's harmless! No whipping!"
    Last edited by GoodbyeSoberDay; 2011-03-07 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya nods and steps inside a second after Beriadan. She can already feel a slight headache forming. Between Evin's laughter, this predictament with Beriadan and Corrin, and the fact that, really, she had no clue what to do, she was beginning to become slightly aggravated. Hopefully, this would be over soon. "Perhaps she is innocent. But her choice to not report the creation of these undead and the fact that we have testimony of her being an enchantress who has held a man here against his will would seem to work against that claim. Perhaps she is harmless. But I find myself unwilling to take that risk at the moment."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan sheathes his sword and spreads his hands out in a protective gesture at the bottom of the stairwell. "Vanalya, do you want us to make the same mistakes we did with Basel? Let's sort this out peacefully."
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm a healer, not some sort of murderer! I trained myself to save lives, not end them!" Vanalya snaps. Her mind catches up with her overly harsh words a moment later. She sighs and tucks her hanbo back into its makeshift sheath as she moves a couple steps closer to Corrin. If she wanted to see the enchantress properly, she'd have to put herself at risk. "I'm sorry for my outburst. But what I said earlier still bears weight. Basel's testimony against Corrin is not meaningless, though it could be false. The fact that he believes her to be an enchanter, and her brother a necromancer, is worrying whether or not they have truly commited the deeds that it is claimed they have commited."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Corrin shakes in fear a bit as Alexander and Sulet threaten her. She glances behind her to see the cackling bard through the door and the powerful high orc protecting her at the base of the stairs. She turns back to Alexander and yells some frightening words in a hoarse tongue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cause fear vs Alexander Will (14): (1d20+6)[24]

"Run while you still can!" she shrieks at him. Almost everyone can tell the confidence has left her voice. At her words, Alexander, however, feels terror to his core. In his heart, he knows he can't defeat the woman before him.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-08 at 02:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"What's going on? Is there someone coming? Why should we run? Don't worry, we'll protect you." Beriadan is developing a migraine; he doesn't know it, but his brain slowly tires of twisting reality to meet the magic's demand. He clutches his forehead for a moment, blinks rapidly and returns to his watchful stance.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey! Hey! That counts as moving too! Stop moving your mouth!" Sulet says, hustling down the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Double-move action down the stairs as far as I can. I'm guessing that's... B7?
    Last edited by Cardea; 2011-03-08 at 04:01 PM.
    Just finding my roots again.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Elun steps up to Beriadan saying, Listen, we didn't want to have to tell you, since you're so close to her, but Corrin is sick. It's affecting her mind, and you need to let us through so that we can help her or she might die.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff Check: (1d20+4)[8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Corrin, your brother is alive. The injuries he's sustained are minor ones. Surrender peacefully and no harm will come to either of you."

Nicholas see's Corrin try and do something to Alexander just as the words leave his mouth and he quickly fires off a blunt arrow, hoping to simply stop whatever working she might be performing.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending 1 conviction point for extra roll

Attack
    (1d20+1)[21]
    (1d20+1)[17]

Damage
    (1d8+2)[6] Nonlethal, Bludgeoning
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-08 at 05:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Nicholas's arrow bounces off Corrin's shoulder and drops twenty feet to the ground below. After casting her spell she glances at the wound for an instant. She seems to feel about as strongly toward this injury as one would feel about a small biting fly.

11. - Top - End - #371

Seeing how little effect his arrow had Nicholas curses under his breath. Judging from the almost panicked look on Alexander's face, the hideous laughter coming from Evin, and the almost pleading justification from Beriadan this woman was a formidable force. Nicholas draws to arrows in one hand and fires them one at a time, holding his reserve between his fingers by the shaft. Once again he is drawing blunt arrows, but now it seems he can not afford to hold back.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    (1d20+4)[6]

Damage 1
    (1d8+2)[6]

Attack 2
    (1d20+4)[14]

Damage 2
    (1d8+2)[4]

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander
    "No! Get away from her! We have to get out!" screams Alexander and turns to flee from Corrin, unceremoniously pushing Sulet into the wall as he squeezes past him, pale-faced.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics Check to go through Sulet's square:(1d20+6)[26]
    (I'm looking at 2d6 falling damage if it fails, right?)EDIT: Nevermind, fear motivates Alexander well, it seems.

...and moving 40 feet up the stairs.
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-08 at 06:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya opens her mouth to say something at Elun's comment, then realizes what he's trying to do and thinks better of it. "Elun's right. She is seeing threats where there are none. That's why she slammed the door in our faces, and why she had the zombies attack us. Admittedly, Elun putting her to sleep was not the best idea we could have had, but it doesn't seem like anyone here is thinking straight," she says, glancing at Nicholas's arrows, the clearly panicked Alexander, and Evin, who is still laughing.

"We have to get her back to Perth. Her delusions could pose a serious risk to her and those around her."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+5)[23]

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Sulet drops both of his weapons, his anger rising. "Hey!" He shouts at the top of his lungs, jumping from the stairs. He reaches out for Corrin. "Stop harming them! Be better than that!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. Let's do this.
    Acrobatics: (1d20+10)[24]
    I... think this is the right number? My CMB.
    CMB: (1d20+4)[12]

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

On the main floor, Elun and Vanalya try to trick Beriadan into letting them past, while Evin cackles. Meanwhile, Nicholas's second arrow strikes Corrin in the side and she emits a loud "OW!" Alexander begins to sprint up the stairs without a hint of faltering as he rushes past Sulet. Who in turn sees an opportunity and dives at the unarmed woman. He slams into her, but she shrieks, "get away from me!" as she pushes him. The man loses his balance and plummets into the ground below.

The tower is filled with a few moments of the sound of wood cracking, as a few dilapidated support beams finally cave under the sudden trauma delivered by Sulet's falling weight. In under a second, the wood gives out beneath him and much of the floor drops about seven feet into the unlit room below. Corrin looks down at the nascent hole in the floor for a moment before chasing Alexander up the stairs.

@Sulet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where the light shines, he can make out some cobwebs, but not much else.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-08 at 08:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Sulet opens his eyes and tries to move, but recoils back down to where he lies on the... ground? Ground. His back erupts in pain at movement, so he stays where he is for the time being. "Hey! Okay! Anyone? Don't kill her! That was a good hit!" He jokes. And that really wasn't the reason he didn't want them to kill her. She was... she could be better than that, couldn't she? He hoped so.

She was kind of pretty.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: [roll1d20+6[/roll]

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya moves towards Corrin, hands clenched into fists. Her anger, and the magic instinctively welling up inside her, changed the dark mist around her into something solid, menacing. She stops as soon as she can see Corrin and glares up at the woman. "Follow. Now." Her words are clipped short and her tone of voice is authoritative, as if she somehow knows that she cannot be defied.

Without even seeing if her spell had taken hold, she turns, takes a deep breath, and steps through the hole.

Spoiler
    Show

Expending 3 Conviction points. 2 to take an extra move-equivalent action so that I can go down the hole, and 1 to roll magic attack twice.
    Command (approach).
    [roll=Magic Attack]1d20+7[roll]
    MA Reroll - (1d20+7)[11]
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-03-08 at 09:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan looks at Elun and Vanalya, unsure. "B.. but..." Then Sulet crashes through the stairs to the ground below. "Fine, she's sick. Just don't hurt her any more! Enough with the arrows!" Beriadan steps aside, letting Vanalya and Elun through.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Elun follows Vanalya up the stairs saying, We're going to have to have a conversation about the merits of a sleeping patient after thi- her sudden motion into the hole catches him off guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just moving for now this round, going to wait and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Alexander continues to run from Corrin, panic seizing his every action. Nicholas lines up an arrow before firing it at Corrin. The other man's frantic charging incites him to run up the stairs as well, lest he risk being throw over the side. He doesn't even have time to notice the grievous wound the arrow caused.

Vanalya's command startles the other woman, who seems a bit surprised to find herself inexplicably obeying and jumping off the edge of the stairs. Although the landing after dropping from such a height is startlingly deft, she crashes through the floor below. Corrin runs the remaining distance until she stands in the darkness a few feet from Vanalya. The blond woman is shrieking and crying in the darkness.

@Vanalya
    Spoiler
    Show
    With her darkvision, Vanalya can see details in the room below. It seems that it is just a storage area which hasn't been used in a very long time. Cobwebs litter the entire area. Aside from a few boxes and a well-rusted old suit of armor, there isn't too much she can see but layer upon layer of thick strands of webs. Corrin is standing in the darkness next to you covered with a layer of webs about an inch thick and about a hundred spiders each nearly the size of a mouse. She doesn't seems to be very happy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nicholas's Arrow Att: (1d20+6)[15]
    Nicholas's Arrow Dam: (1d8+3)[9]
    Corrin's Jump Acro: (1d20+3)[15]
    Corrin's Jump Dam: (3d6)[1][3][2](6) NL (1d6)[6]
    Extra Corrin Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Corrin Dex Dam: (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-09 at 06:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381

Nicholas keeps himself from cursing again when he see's Sulet miss tackling Corrin and falling through the floor below. Its a wonder the man survived this long.

"Remember it was your choice Corrin!" It would have been simpler if she had surrendered. The chances of someone getting hurt, or worse, increase as long as the conflict continues. Sulet was a good example of such a thing. Nicholas once again draws and fires two arrows blunt, hoping he can end it before someone else is seriously injured.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    (1d20+4)[18]

Damage 1
    (1d8+2)[9]

Attack 2
    (1d20+4)[14]

Damage 2
    (1d8+2)[5]

Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-09 at 07:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya sees the gigantic spiders and her eyes widen. "Don't just stand there, deal with them!" she snaps at Corrin. She grabs a scroll out of the wood tube hanging off of her belt, unfurls it, and rapidly reads the few lines of magical text on it. As the text unwrites itself, she drops the now-blank parchment and taps Sulet on the head.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action: retrieve scroll.
    Standard action: cast Cure Light Wounds from the scroll (CL 1)
    Free action: touch Sulet, healing him for Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[7] HP.
    Free action: drop parchment.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"Agh! Enough with the arrows! And what are you--" Corrin leaps off the stairs and crashes into the floor below. "This has gotten out of control. We have to stop her from killing herself!" Beriadan heads towards the hole in the rotting tower floor and hears Vanalya shout "Don't just stand there, deal with them!" Thinking more undead? he unsheathes his falchion and drops down. He sees Sulet laying still, Vanalya hovering over him, and a tearful, screaming, wounded Corrin inexplicably shadowing Vanalya, covered in freakishly large spiders. "By the Light of the Sword... We have to get those spiders off of her!" He tries to hack the vermin away, careful to avoid hitting Corrin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beriadan moves/drops down to (a square next to the spiders), unsheathing his falchion in the process. He then attacks the spiders... don't know what penalty it is to avoid hitting Corrin.

(1d20+7)[13] (normal, not including any penalties)
    (2d4+6)[9] (normal, not including any penalties)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Sulet gasps as the pain subsides somewhat, and it doesn't hurt quite so much to move. He staggers to his feet, coughing out a rough 'Thank You' to Vanalya, and points his finger Corrin, and using his free hand to get some support from his legs to stay somewhat vertical. "You and me are going to have a very long talk about not pushing someone off of stairs like that."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

"Come on you fool!" Alexander shouts at Nicholas, frantically waving him over, his face livid with terror,"We have to get away! It's over!" he adds and climbs up the rope out of the tower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno exactly where I am, but at the moment, Alexander's plan is to get out of the tower, climb down, get home, pack his things, move out of Perth, run until he finds a coast, find a boat and sail to another continent. He'll move as fast as he can without risking his life, trusting in his less perceptive and more brave companions to occupy Corrin until he gets to the ground.

26. - Top - End - #386

Nicholas ignores Alexanders frantic yelling, accepting the insult without comment as well. As soon as the man is out of his way Nicholas moves quickly back down the steps, going as fast as he can. The darkness in the hole is to great or his eyes to penetrate. He has to reach one off the torches on the ground floor if he's going to be of any use.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

Evin slowly gets up from the ground. That *expletive* owes me one. He quickly steps into the house, looking around, tryig to get his bearings on what it's happening. The first thing he notices is the hole in the ground The hells.... He steps nearer, trying to see what's happening under there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just moving too for this round, trying to get Evin's bearings.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Beriadan's attack went wide - likely due to the confined area, and failed to connect with more than a single spider.

Elun mutters the familiar incantation and four glowing orbs spring into existence scattered among those underground. Elun then move to the bottom level to join the others. In addition to hearing the scuttling through Corrin's screams everyone can now see the writhing mass of mouse-sized spiders. The spiders have been moving from all over the basement to close on a single point: Corrin.

Her screams get worse and her actions are a panic. Finally in control of her behavior, she rips off the mat of webs and spiders that has covered her and crawls out of the hole.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics DC 10: (1d20+2)[15]

The swarm doesn't let up on Corrin. However, the coalescing group is too large to coat only her and dozen upon dozens of the creatures move onto Beriadan and Vanalya as well. The swarm is a continuous writhing mass of legs, jaws and poison.

Spoiler
    Show

Corrin Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Corrin Nausea: (1d20+1)[3]
    Corrin Poison 1: (1d20+1)[8]
    Corrin Poison 2: (1d20+1)[14]
    Corrin Dex Damage 1: (1d2)[1]
    Corrin Dex Damage 2: (1d2)[2]
    Beriadan Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Beriadan Nausea (19): (1d20+1)[21]
    Beriadan Poison (19): (1d20+1)[15]
    Beriadan Dex Damage: (1d2)[2]
    Vanalya Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Vanalya Nausea (13): (1d20+1)[17]
    Vanalya Poison (13): (1d20+1)[6]
    Vanalya Dex Damage: (1d2)[2]

Vanalya and Beriadan are both nauseated, but you do get the AoO as well. No poison affects them either. Both of them take some damage.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-10 at 02:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

"Woah woah woah!" Sulet shouts, concern growing across his thoughts, along with a sudden 'oh god spiders augh why'. He stands up tall for a moment, before moving forward with a sudden leap towards Corrin. "Let go of her!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhh. Don't know what I need to roll in order to get her out.
    I'm going to assume... attack roll? Acrobatics roll? CM check?
    Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[15]
    Acrobatics Roll: (1d20+9)[14]
    CM: (1d20+4)[16]

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah, you've got to be friggin' KIDDING me!". On instinct, seeing the crawling mass move towards him Evin takes a slash at it with his rapier, taking a hastly step back. He doesn't have the presence of mind to start singing, but he does keep enough wits to try to avoid killing Corrin in the process. Not out of the goodness of his heart, mind you. He just wants to exchange a couple of words with her. Possibly when she is behind bars.

((attack - (1d20+4)[6] damage - (1d6+1)[7] nonlethal and 5' step to G5))
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2011-03-10 at 02:47 PM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman