BlackDragon

Default Re: [3.5 Base Class]Harrowed [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Because I can't think of Improved Mojo brews T_T

New Feats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tainted Grace[Harrowed]
    You have contrived to forge an agreement between your Beast and the source of your supernatural powers.
    Prerequisites: Dark Deal, the character must possess class features (such as spells or supernatural abilities) that they would lose access to for changing alignment.
    Benefit: You do not lose access to your alignment-based class features (such as the supernatural abilities of the paladin class or druid spellcasting) while the Monster Within is in control of your actions, even in the extremely likely event that it commits actions in violation of one or more of your codes of conduct.

Additionally, choose a single class feature that has limited uses per day from a class you possess that has an alignment restriction. Your levels in Harrowed stack with levels of that class for determining the advancement of that ability (such as uses per day of a barbarian's rage, or a cleric's turn undead).

Tenebrous Champion[Harrowed]
    You draw upon the power of the Beast Within to punish your enemies.
    Prerequisites: Dark Deal, Tenebrous Touch 2d6, Smite class feature 1/day or 1/encounter (examples include a Crusader's Smite ability, a Paladin's Smite Evil or a Blackguard's Smite Good)
    Benefit: Your levels in Harrowed stack with levels in your Smite-granting classes (such as Crusader, Paladin, or Blackguard) for the purposes of determining the uses per day and damage of your Smite abilities. Additionally, if you use your Smite as part of a Tenebrous Touch attack (such as when you channel it through melee or with the Ranged Smiting feat), you instead add your Harrowed and Smite-granting class levels to the attack roll and an additional number of dice to the damage roll equal to your Charisma modifier. This additional damage stems from pure divine energy and is not subject to resistance of any kind.
    You forgot to post these with the rest of the feats. Which is a shame, 'cus these are my favorite Harrowed feats.
    "78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    None of my players started in the tavern. But they all ended up in there, of their own free will, within 2 minutes.

Generation 18
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your own signature and add one to the number. This is a social experiment.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe this class needs to get the ability to not automatically fail Will Saves on a Natural 1. The sheer number of times you have to roll vs The Monster Within, combined with the massive duration of lost-control, seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Guys, Gareth has been absent for months. <_<

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Guys, Gareth has been absent for months. <_<
    Yeah...he has internet issues these days. Which is unfortunate. He is, however, still interested in working on this project. He's just currently unable to do so.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #215

I haven't forgotten my baby, though - and I try to check in every now and then to see what's going on. I still have no internet at home, so I'm just a-tinkerin' away, languishing without any connection to the Web. Sorry for the lack of contact, ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

6. - Top - End - #216

I haven't forgotten my baby, though - and I try to check in every now and then to see what's going on. I still have no internet at home, so I'm just a-tinkerin' away, languishing without any connection to the Web. Sorry for the lack of contact, ya'll.
    Figures. The MOMENT I post saying you have no real internet connection, you someone manage to post something anyway. You devil.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Figures. The MOMENT I post saying you have no real internet connection, you someone manage to post something anyway. You devil.
    This is exactly how I feel. |3

8. - Top - End - #218

Hope i'm not necroing by posting now, but i notice a distinct lack of weapon support in the harrowings or harrowed feats, plenty of natural weapons, but no love for manufactured weapons. What if the inner demon is like a Legion Devil, only offensive ability is a shield bash and a sword.

Just saying it could use a boost in that area
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sounds more like an exception than something which needs a rule. At most there should be a note somewhere dealing with the rare occassion when this is appropriate, imho.

Secondly, I don't personally mind seeing this rather epic 'brew dragged up the board again, it's always nice to see a (comforting?!) face on the forums
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

10. - Top - End - #220

Guess who has a reliable connection again?!?!?!?

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

11. - Top - End - #221

Ooh! Oooh~! I know! It's me, right?

12. - Top - End - #222

EXCELLENT. I've been waiting for AGES for Jeffrey to get his connection back! Thanks for letting us know he did, Gareth!

...although why Jeffrey didn't just tell me himself I'll never know.

...why the hells did I pick Jeffrey as the name of this imaginary fellow?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

Did you know that this class has a mention on tvtropes? I was surprised to see it but the link is HERE it's under the tabtletop games section.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-01-02 at 10:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    Did you know that this class has a mention on tvtropes? I was surprised to see it but the link is HERE it's under the tabtletop games section.
    ...Wow. And I'm not even done with it yet >.>

My extended homebrew sig

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

...Wow. And I'm not even done with it yet >.>
    You aren't? What's left to be done?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

He's in the process of a major revision of some kind or another because he feels dissatisfied with the current version.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    He's in the process of a major revision of some kind or another because he feels dissatisfied with the current version.
    Again? No offense, I love this class (it's the reason I joined GitP in the first place) but how many times has it been rebooted?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Again? No offense, I love this class (it's the reason I joined GitP in the first place) but how many times has it been rebooted?
    The upcoming version will be 5.0, and is intended to address the balance concerns Kellus and others have brought up.

My extended homebrew sig

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Someday, it will happen.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

This isn't necromancy, commenting here?

I love this class, and I'd probably play as it if I had any choice in the matter. Is there a 5.0 posted anywhere yet, or can i still use the first page of this thread for building?
    Spoiler: Quotes from the Playground
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    In fact, I will here formally propose the Zeroth Rule of Gaming: No rule in any game shall be interpreted in a way that breaks the game if it is possible to interpret that rule in a way that does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Good old Jes, the infamous Doppelganger MILF.

(aka "The Doppelbanger")
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Shhhhh, shhhhhh. Be calm, inhale the beholder's wacky float gas and stop worrying.

Adapting published monsters to Eberron: Naturalist's Guide to Eberron Latest: Annis Hag

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Regitnui View Post

I love this class, and I'd probably play as it if I had any choice in the matter. Is there a 5.0 posted anywhere yet, or can i still use the first page of this thread for building?
    The first post is the current version as far as I am aware, and it works quite well considering I'm playing one at the moment. 5.0 is not done yet to the best of my knowledge but version 4, the first page, works quite well already.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

It's been almost half a year since the last post, it doesdnt get much ore necro than this.If the OP was to post here (since this is their 'brew) it wouldn't be, but as it is, it is.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    It's been almost half a year since the last post, it doesdnt get much ore necro than this.If the OP was to post here (since this is their 'brew) it wouldn't be, but as it is, it is.
    Apologies then, I did have a question though. Has anyone tried mixing this class with Dragonfire Adept? As if a dragon has taken a particular Harrowed under its wing.

The first post is the current version as far as I am aware, and it works quite well considering I'm playing one at the moment. 5.0 is not done yet to the best of my knowledge but version 4, the first page, works quite well already.
    What's the best archetype to go for? Stealth/Natural and Ranged Attack is what I'd like to go for, hence my question above.
    Show
    In fact, I will here formally propose the Zeroth Rule of Gaming: No rule in any game shall be interpreted in a way that breaks the game if it is possible to interpret that rule in a way that does not.

(aka "The Doppelbanger")
    Shhhhh, shhhhhh. Be calm, inhale the beholder's wacky float gas and stop worrying.

Adapting published monsters to Eberron: Naturalist's Guide to Eberron Latest: Annis Hag

24. - Top - End - #234

Apologies then, I did have a question though. Has anyone tried mixing this class with Dragonfire Adept? As if a dragon has taken a particular Harrowed under its wing.
    Maybe? Never heard of anyone trying it but I haven't exactly been looking for character concepts.
    What's the best archetype to go for? Stealth/Natural and Ranged Attack is what I'd like to go for, hence my question above.
    That's what I've been playing myself, minus the natural attacks, and it works quite well for me. I haven't playtested exstensively as of yet but the archetype has held up pretty well, though predatory obfuscation was definitely a godsend.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2013-06-20 at 11:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

That's what I've been playing myself, minus the natural attacks, and it works quite well for me. I haven't playtested exstensively as of yet but the archetype has held up pretty well, though predatory obfuscation was definitely a godsend.
    The first thing I thought when looking at this class was 'humanoid becoming a beast due to the Sealed Evil within'. Nice to know the stealthy predator thing I wanted to do held up well. :D I just like the idea of breath weapons as well. Any simple way to get a breath weapon without multiclassing? A feat, maybe?
    Show

(aka "The Doppelbanger")

26. - Top - End - #236

The first thing I thought when looking at this class was 'humanoid becoming a beast due to the Sealed Evil within'. Nice to know the stealthy predator thing I wanted to do held up well. :D I just like the idea of breath weapons as well. Any simple way to get a breath weapon without multiclassing? A feat, maybe?
    Not any feats that I know of but you can always become a Dragonborn of Bahamut if that doesn't mess with your concept too much. Alternatively, although you mentioned it yourself, you can always take a level in another class to gain a breath weapon. I honestly don't know though, I'm not the most familiar with breath weapons and I'm pretty sure that most of them scale with Class Level rather than Character Level.

27. - Top - End - #237

Do you care about mechanical baggage? Because I pretty much just described the ranged attack as a breath weapon (compare to the Unholy Ravager of Tiamat's Profane Blast ability) and left it at that.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Do you care about mechanical baggage? Because I pretty much just described the ranged attack as a breath weapon (compare to the Unholy Ravager of Tiamat's Profane Blast ability) and left it at that.
    Sounds like an idea... I can picture breathing the effect onto your claws and swinging them around until it dissipates (After like one attack, but hey.)
    Show

(aka "The Doppelbanger")

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

The image under harrowings is dead.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    The image under harrowings is dead.
    All of them except the first are. I wonder if we can find them again...
    Show

(aka "The Doppelbanger")