New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus-Plot] Nexus Champion

Fluffy gives a snort. He understands what Dyna is saying. People tend to be squishy. Sometimes the shiny ones are crunchy though. Which is a nice change.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Oh, I'm sure it will be. Size from what I have learned doesn't matter much, especially as this world seems to contain very odd beings. You were in human form right? I'm sure not everyone here is exactly what they appear to be." After all, she is actually a elemental lord very cleverly disguised as a human. In fact, so cleverly even she isn't aware of it.

"I'm normally not especially interested in these sort of things. Violence isn't the way of solving problems. But since it's not to the death, I don't expect it to be nearly as brutal as those gladiator fights in Umbara." She glances at Wenomir and Harnel, "And it would be interesting to see those two fight."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah... Those silly smushy humans.

"Well... yeah... Size can be misleading, I should know," Dyna laughs. "But there aren't very many people like me here in the Nexus. If I wanted to compete here I would probably need to manifest less of myself in the material world."

She glances back at the dire/dragon/demon/alien.

"Fluffy is probably the only one in my weight class here. If... they even use weight classes."

Another pause as she glances down at herself.

"I wonder how much I weigh like this... Hee..." and then the Chimera implodes. It looks really strange. Like she's just collapsing into herself. It all happens in the blink of an eye and in the end the human form Dyna usually wears stands in the Chimera's place.

"Tsssss... ouch... I hate doing this. But being a more natural size is just so awkward most of the time," she grumbles. And then notices that her left hand is still a monstrous claw. Dyna shakes at it a few times until it melts into a human hand. "I wish you humans weren't so small! It would be sooooo much easier to interact with you. But hey, at least it gives me the chance to lose several tons in a few seconds!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #154

Even if the transformation could have been less strange, it was a lot easier to relate to Dyna as this, even if she knew she really didn't look like that.

She follows Dyna's glance at Fluffy, more weird creatures, not really anything she could do about.

Cessie chuckles a bit awkwardly in response to Dyna's comments about weight once the being transformed back into a human, trying to ignore that claw. "Yeah, I never had any problems with my weight myself though. Uh, so what makes you want to join this fight of all things? I'm not very found of such things myself."

5. - Top - End - #155

Using your shadow to increase physical strength or having t fight alongside you would definitely count you out of Martial Combat and Team Combat. And yes, divine magic is allowed in the Magic competition. Riv says.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #156

Ease of relation is the whole reason Dyna contorts herself like this. It really bothers her when she makes humans uncomfortable. And as such she goes out of her way to set them at ease. Which... is honestly pretty astounding in and of itself. Her kind isn't exactly known for being compassionate.

Dyna giggles at the question. "Hee... I didn't even know that it was a fight until a few minutes ago. It just seemed like something exciting! I guess I'm mostly here to listen to Magtok say something silly," then she glances back at the Rancor. "And... I guess give Fluffy someone his size to spar with? It would be a real shame if he didn't get to fight 'cuz he would squash everyone else."

Too true.

That would be dreadful.

The presently human looking abomination grabs a brownie off the nearby mammoth tray and begins to nom it. "And an excuse to be able to stretch out again is always welcome. Crunching myself into a human shape is like getting crammed into a hyper-dimension corset."

7. - Top - End - #157

So this being was a carefree sort, like many of the humanoid spirits Cessie had encountered during her travels. She herself couldn't relate to that, mostly since she was afraid by her own dryad blood. She couldn't let herself be carefree for even a moment.

"I can imagine." Cessie replies as she watches Dyna quickly devour the food on the plate. "...not that I ever worn a corset, that would be quite improper."

"So you seems to have been here longer then me, can you tell me anything special about the nexus Dyna?" better to learn about this dimension before she learned about everyones home dimension after all.

8. - Top - End - #158

"The only time I've ever worn one was when people were getting turned into silent movie versions of themselves a while back," Dyna comments matter of factly as she considers whether or not she should eat another brownie. "It was really uncomfortable. I think it's for making women look more shapely?"

A shrug.

"Seems kind of silly to me."

At the next question the totally normal human's face lights up with excitement. "Oh wow, can I ever! The people are what makes the Nexus special!" she claps her hands together, hardly able to contain her glee. "There are so many amazing people here! People of every shape and size and background. And wow do they ever have lots of neat stories to share! That's why I work at Trog's. That tavern can be found in any part of the Nexus and it's were most people arrive. That means I get to meet all sorts of nifty people!"

9. - Top - End - #159

"While I'm waiting to be signed in, does anyone know a good place for ninjas to go?"
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

10. - Top - End - #160

Magtok coughs into his sleeve.

*Cough*Tohellbecausepiratesarecooler*cough*

Oh dear, it sounds like he's coming down with a cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "The only time I've ever worn one was when people were getting turned into silent movie versions of themselves a while back," Dyna comments matter of factly as she considers whether or not she should eat another brownie. "It was really uncomfortable. I think it's for making women look more shapely?"

A shrug.

"Seems kind of silly to me."

At the next question the totally normal human's face lights up with excitement. "Oh wow, can I ever! The people are what makes the Nexus special!" she claps her hands together, hardly able to contain her glee. "There are so many amazing people here! People of every shape and size and background. And wow do they ever have lots of neat stories to share! That's why I work at Trog's. That tavern can be found in any part of the Nexus and it's were most people arrive. That means I get to meet all sorts of nifty people!"
    Dyna is speaking way to fast considering she managed to say all that without Cessie being able to reply. So the poor mage didn't manage to hear much of it.

She looks quite confused at Dyna, "...could you slow down a bit? I hardly heard what you said as you were talking so fast. You said something about a silent movie? Could you start explaining what that is?"

12. - Top - End - #162

"Bob" glares sharply at Magtok and looks at Dyna. "I think you're wanted at Trog's. That teenager guy was attacking you for some reason."
    I have Pokemon!

13. - Top - End - #163

At that Dyna looks rather sheepish. Scrunches her shoulders and offers half a smile. "Eee... sorry. I tend to get carried away when I'm excited."

And she's excited pretty much always.

"Okay... silent movie... Well, it's sort of like a play. Except it's only the image of a play that's been recorded by a machine and projected onto a wall," the Chimera explains. "Some of these machines aren't able to record sound. So the whole thing is silent. They're associated with a particular time-frame back on Terra. Happens to be when corsets were popular."

That makes sense, right?

Dyna opens her mouth to add something else.

Then closes it again.

She's trying to slow down!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-03-08 at 07:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Cessie nods calmly, relived that Dyna had slowed enough for her to understand what the far-thing was saying. "Thanks Dyna, I think I understand what your saying. It's like scrying a location but recorded into something. Like an artifact." She knows magic at the very least.

The wizard takes a deep breath, Dyna was stressing her out a bit with her over-excitement.
    "If you don't mind me asking thought, what sort of abilities do beings such as you have Dyna?"

15. - Top - End - #165

Magtok raises an eyebrow at Dyna.

Wait, corsets stopped being popular? When did this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #166

Dyna tends to be clueless about quite a few things. But one aspect of human behavior she is good at picking out is when she's bothering someone. It's very important to her. Something she has invested a great deal of effort in learning to catch.

When the Chimera speaks again her tone is more reserved, her words spoken more slowly. Her voice calm.

Silly is an act.

A mask she wears.

Because she isn't human. Only pretending to be. And when a new mask is needed...

"Myriad. There are few of us that are alike. We're probably more diverse than all the life on any given world," Dyna replies simply. "I could tell you what I'm capable of?" and then a wide smile. "Obviously I'm familiar with my own abilities."

For his question Dyna just sticks her tongue out at Magtok. It isn't an eldritch tongue or anything. Just a normal human one.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-03-08 at 08:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

"Bob" is listening to Dyna. If she's going to be his competitor, he'll need information on her abilities.
    I have Pokemon!

18. - Top - End - #168

"Corsets are unhealthy things for people who likes to show off." Cessie briefly informs Magtok before turning to Dyna again. A bit hypocritical for a person who spends so much money on clothes.
    She needed to ask who the metal man was later.

"Ah, I see. What are your abilities then? Your obviously quite powerful. Impressively so I must say."

19. - Top - End - #169

What? Corsets? Where? Ivaz came out of deadtime just in time to catch that part of the conversation.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #170

This conversation is growing increasingly silly!

"Oh... umm... well... I'm not top of the heap by my kind's standards. There are lots of beings vastly more powerful than myself," Dyna rubs her arm with the other as she glances off to one side. She seems to have shifted from exuberant to shy and reserved. Or at least shy and reserved compared to her usual disposition. "I'm able to freely pass through the Barrier between reality and what lies beyond. I think that's the most important one. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to be here."

Not being here would make interacting with material creatures significantly more difficult.

She then scrunches her lips a bit as she considers how best to explain her other abilities. Or ability, rather. It's simply very versatile. Which is a nice thing in her opinion.

21. - Top - End - #171

The mage sigh, "There aren't corsets around here." She tells Ivaz before turning to Dyna again. Why were people so obsessed with such things?

"Oh, like spirits within my world then." Spirits area great deal stranger there then spirits of other worlds. Especially when you get into the kami that basically are concepts of everything that exists.

"I remember a few spirits that were as large as you in fact. I think the closest I could compare you to would be a very powerful spirit within my world. So what other things can you do?"

22. - Top - End - #172

Really? Well, shoot. Got me all excited over nothing. She'll fold her arms over her chest and pout a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #173

Spirits sounds silly.

"Do any of the spirits have silly hats?" Dyna inquires. From her tone it sounds like she believes the answer to this question to be vastly important.

Regardless of the answer she'll next kneel down and place a hand on the floor. A hand wreathed in tendrils of opalescent white power. The strange substance looks organic. Alive.

And now the floor does, too.

A thick carpet of moss and clover begins spreading away from her, soon followed by unfurling ferns and seedlings of trees and shrubs. All growing at a phenomenal rate. Once the foliage is about waste high Dyna will rise to her feet again.

"I can manipulate matter and energy. Warp it into organic life. I can control the growth and development of living things. Any living thing. I, like my mother, am Evolution given form."

Very like the spirits from her world, apparently.

24. - Top - End - #174

"Bob" deadtimes, still waiting to be signed in. He is apperantly unfazed by the sudden growth of plants.
    I have Pokemon!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

"Mrrrrrrrrrraw!"

THAT CAT does not approve of the rapid growth of plants. Seeing as how the waist high foliage completely obscures the tiny kitten.

"Mrrrrrrrrrow!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #176

Ivaz raises an eyebrow to the newly developed plants surrounding her.

Huh. That's different.

Where's a weed whacker when you need it?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #177

"Why would you get excited over corsets? They are just for people who have the wrong idea about how they like people to see them." Cessie tells Ivaz, her opinion very clear about clothes and other items that would show off the body in any 'improper' way.

Then she goes back speaking with Dyna which is asking a very silly question. In fact, some spirits do have silly hats, as there are kami for silly hats as for everything else.
    They basically represent anything the mortal mind can come up with.

But she doesn't have time to think about that for long as Dyna now is creating life!
    The mage looks at her impressed, "Your like that spirit Aegnor spoke with... Iname I believe it was called. Amazing. You can transform life into anything you like?"

28. - Top - End - #178

During this time of 'meet and greet the competition,' Ghoul had found one of the Schrodinger's benches and was listening in. She was lacking in conversational skills but she was a good listener. There was a brief moment where she realized just how surreal the situation was, listening to some chatty extra-dimensional being make nice with a few humanoids as they spoke of their respective homelands, the things that lived there, and corsets as a massive beast, a small kitten, several people in powered armor, and what looked like the cyborg that had visited SAINT a while back mulled around the general area.

In short, it just drove home how strangely accommodating the Nexus was.

The trio in powered armor seemed like an interesting group, though. Ghoul pushed herself up off the bench, which soon popped out of existence as nobody was paying it any attention, and made her way over to them, offering little more than a nod as a greeting.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2011-03-08 at 10:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghoul will see the three field stripping their guns, and Jyarl replacing his normal ammunition for solid Krak rounds. They were at least twice as heavy, but didn't explode. He looks up. "Can we help you?"

30. - Top - End - #180

Oh come on.

Everyone knows that kitties like to stalk around through brush! And did you hear that scampering noise? There might be a mouse or a vole or something in there! Go get 'em THAT CAT!

"Anything I've encountered," Dyna replies. "Anything I can imagine. I need to make a concerted effort to reign in my abilities most of the time. Otherwise everything around me would be mutating constantly."

Which could be bad.

Really really bad.

Ranging from becoming infested with aberrant growths to having one's organs destroyed by rapid tumor multiplication.